Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spetty
Msg: 265
Match.com are irresponsiblePage 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Hey you have to remember these sites first priority and perhaps only one is to make money. They provide a service at a cost, that service is posting profiles not matchmaking. You are the matchmaker, you provide the info for your matches, if you don't like how a given company provides services - don't use it.
 spetty
Msg: 266
Match.com are irresponsible
Posted: 3/20/2008 8:02:36 AM
I'm pretty sure the hiding is part of the paid service, once you are longer paying you loose that service and your profile can go back into the mix - if you longer want messages from that site - REMOVE not hide your profile.
 TallAndDark68123
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 8:26:17 AM
match.com is worthless!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 270
Match.com and others
Posted: 6/1/2008 7:04:21 PM
Believe me, free sites like POF are hands down better than any pay site. End of story.
 Rare_English_Beauty
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2011 10:30:03 AM
What a brilliant idea! A photograph wearing a t-shirt that says "Find me at www.pof.com! I'm wondering would it work though as they review your pics before approving them for display. But does a human really review them or some super clever software? Lol
 Rare_English_Beauty
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2011 10:32:23 AM
Oops! Looks like the original post I got the idea from hasn't shown up so I can't give any credit to the person who had the idea. Oops #2 I've dragged up a really old thread. Oh well, hope it's still relevant and I may even get an answer to my question.

Happy Holidays!
 joghurta
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2011 11:13:32 PM
Beware of match.com, as it is almost impossible to cancel your subscription with them.
It takes an eternity of phone calls and e-mails to finally get out of there again - and they are overpriced, too.
 PinkZombies
Msg: 280
Posted: 5/29/2012 7:05:01 AM
A) Match.com allows so many scam emails I am convinced they have some kind of partnership with the scammers for profit. I would receive scam emails from multiple (3) fake profiles in a day, report them, yet Match apparently did nothing. This sort of activity made me feel very unsafe. In the end I trusted few of the profiles to be genuine.
B) Match.com auto-renewed me twice though I'm 100% certain I did not set my Match.com account to auto-renew. Finally I called my bank and had my bank account # changed. Then I sent a final "Neener-neener" email to Match. Likely no one never read it, but it kinda made me feel better.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >