Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Ladies- which do you prefer, Clean Cut or Tatoo-Pierced Bad boy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smithcj97
Msg: 1
Ladies- which do you prefer, Clean Cut or Tatoo-Pierced Bad boy?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Just have a quick question for the ladies on the site.

I have a roomate who is a pretty cool chick. She's really into the whole piercing, tatoo, nose ring, tongue splitting thing, which is fine since that's her thing. Though I will admit, some of the guys she tells me are hot make me look at her and ask if she's on crack. These are usually the guys that are acting like fools.

I've noticed lately that a lot of women who I've spoken with also love the whole tatoo/badboy thing.

I have yet to hear a woman say that she likes a clean cut guy who is more of a hidden bad boy. You know, the type that has no tatoos or piercings and who doesn't go around acting like a jack@$$ all the time. (not saying that everyone with piercings or a tatoo does that sort of thing) Myself, I'm more the latter. Please keep in mind, when I say a guy is clean cut I dont' mean he's a crying wuss either...just a different kind of man.

Are women no longer attracted to clean cut guys anymore? Do you honestly have to go get a tatoo or piercings in order to get women to notice you? Just thought I'd ask for some input. Thanks!
 crystalise
Msg: 2
Ladies- which do you prefer, Clean Cut or Tatoo-Pierced Bad boy?
Posted: 1/5/2006 2:45:15 AM
Clean cut all the way. washed and ironed and tucked in, short back and sides polite considerate, affectionate and intelligent with cute smile. Is that too much to ask, dammit??!!
 smithcj97
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/5/2006 12:10:39 PM
Truckin'...I apologize...not trying to give any stereotypes here...just asking a question. I guess I just base it off of my experiences...everyone is different.

Thanks for the input everyone :)
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/6/2006 1:53:42 AM
a few pirceings and tats, nothing wrong with a few. But dont like it when they, go overboard with them. So Tatoo Pirced BadBoy, But Also Clean Cut Guy.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/8/2006 2:52:05 PM
I like both

Have had lovers who were extremely clean cut "farm boy" types and also the "bad boy" sort. Oddly, in bed...they are all bad boys lol
 leo_goddess
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/8/2006 3:04:41 PM
I don't think it's that simple. I've dated one then the other and it's not a big thing. It's more about being "real" to me.

Piercings/Tatoos/Brands have to be a reflection of self. In that case they are interesting because it says a lot about a person when they choose to express something about themselves perminantly on their bodies. I may or may not like what parts of self the represent but atleast it's open, it's out there and they are being real. (well... i hope!) If I don't like what they are expressing.. i'm not into them and if it's not done tastefully I probably won't be into them either. People with body art that mean nothing are dead to me.

Not having these means going about it the old fashioned way, which i'm not against. If the "clean cut" type makes it hard to figure out what is real then they are less interesting. A clean cut man does absolutely have to have a dark side to interest me and i'm not interested in painfully dragging it out of him either! Clean cut men that are open and real are no different to me than the men with the body art.

Bad Boys are different from body art. They are interesting in the short term... at this stage in the game I don't have interest in bad boys.

To sort of answer your question... art to impress the ladies would classify you as a "dead to me" type person.
 AFineCinderella
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/8/2006 3:35:33 PM
PIERCINGS AND TATTOOS DEFINANTLY!!! clean cut guys need not apply
 Yobreval
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/8/2006 3:43:48 PM
I'm the poster boy for clean cut. I can do the bearded, scuzzy thing but I just don't think I look as good.
 vivienne3
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:31:32 PM
I can't imagine going through the pain of a tatoo, especially the elaborate ones. I had read about a woman in England that she had so many piercings she actually died. She was not into hygeine and was not a good candidate for the piercings - period. One woman at fitness has a tongue piercing and I can barely understand her when she speaks. Now she may have always had this problem with diction, I don't know, since I never knew her without the tongue peircing.

I personally have only my ears pierced, and then only once per lobe. I have never had a desire for a tatoo. But as for preferences, I like nice guys, who are able to laugh at themselves and are considerate to those around them. Notice how piercings and tatoos, having them, or the lack there of, never made the list.
 BigJohnFlex
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:31:58 AM
well I fall into the bad boy looking but in suit clean cut.......its the shaved head and goatee and being big that gets me posted the bad boy but in a suit I still tend to get it.......but always on my bike with short sleeve shirt
love tatoos as all mine have meaning
 lexus430
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/12/2006 10:32:58 PM
just exactly is a bad boy , what`s a real one or a poser??
 carribeanking7
Msg: 13
Ladies- which do you prefer, Clean Cut or Tattoo-Pierced Bad boy?
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:35:20 PM
I am neither....

but I have been called a slut
 Fanny
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:19:52 AM
Depends on the tatts and the piercings...

Since a tatt is permanent, it should depict something important to them, that will mean as much to them on their deathbed as it did when they got it. If I see cartoon characters, I really can't take the guy seriously. If I see Betty Page pin-ups, I don't expect that they'll take me seriously. If I see barbed wire on their arm, I run like hell... my ex did time, and had that on his bicep, and he was one seriously f*cked-up guy.

As for piercings, a single ear piercing is cool. The eyebrow freaks me out, cuz I can imagine what it would feel like if it got torn out. And the whole tongue/nipple thing? If a guy is good in bed, he doesn't need them...
 SmlTwnGl
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/7/2006 7:13:00 PM
Just a thought but, dont all guys start out good at the beginning of the night and end up bad by the end.
 SmlTwnGl
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/7/2006 7:13:29 PM
Just a thought but, dont all guys start out good at the beginning of the night and end up bad by the end.
 SmlTwnGl
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/7/2006 7:49:05 PM
OOOPS! Sorry, I guess I didnt think that posting this once was enough.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Ladies- which do you prefer, Clean Cut or Tatoo-Pierced Bad boy?