Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > street racers cars being destroyed...for or against?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 genuine29
Msg: 19
view profile
History
street racers cars being destroyed...for or against?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
me to im all for it for all bad drivers. so its the idiots and the dangerous drivers who put the lives of others in jeopardy
since most on here are focusing on street racers and not the problem of bad drivers on our streets. easy to pick on highly visible minorities isnt it. i own a tuner car and have had 2 speeding tickets in my life. 10km + over minor infraction for both. what i want as a solution is a tatteler system that detects driver violations and peanalises drivers accorindgly. a long way off before something like this happens yet because people dont want to be that responsible. these forums are out to lunch anyway. most are small minded people who have nothing better to do than gripe at the world. so according to everyone on here i should sell my tuner cars and buy a ferrari because thats ok right? its not a street racer anymore its a exotic. what a load of selfdiludieng nonesense. spoken like a person who cant tell the difference between a spark plug and a injector. at least tuners have a knowledge of how a car works unlike most. ( i changed the oil, brakes, coolant a couple of years ago thats fine right ) personally i think a poorley maintained vehicle and a underskilled driver is 10x worse than any street racer. dont even get me started on people and their ****ing phones. unless your a er doctor or something similar, you can wait till you get to the corner store to answer the phone or use a headset or a bluetooth connection.
besides you cant even blame most of the kids since they are taught by parents who have as little or less of a clue how to drive in the first place.
 genuine29
Msg: 20
view profile
History
street racers cars being destroyed...for or against?
Posted: 2/17/2007 8:00:14 PM
hay jimmey. i think you should stop watchin so many movies and cop dramas. i have had to deal with the same stereotype. it is because of this attitude that we street racers ( not everyone with a tuned car races it on the street ) have been given the name we now have. some of it is deserved but the numbers of fatilaties from street raceing is much lower than say drunk driving or driving without due care. because of the tuneing we stand out and are easily identified and generalised as a group. hard to generalise other bad drivers. yes i agree with a increased system the same as drunk driving offenses bring, but to throw the book at someone for a first offense is a attempt to show a hard line on a small group of people. just glad that people with your type of mentality dont write the legestiation. seems most on here are very eager to cast the first stone and pass judgement here and now. i just hope that your eagerness for swift justice is returned to you in the fashion in which you wish it upon others.
 genuine29
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 3:59:49 AM
f..k the people in this forum who are all for destroying the cars of assumed and real street racers alike. so your all for select prejeduce of people eh. nice to see such a open and worldly wiew being expressed by so many. lol, you dont think this kind of ultimatium will make things better. ok here is a secenario fo ya. the police get called in to a street race and everyone scatters when the cops show up. unlike other traffic and moving violations they are faced with a end all to their vehicles and driving privelages. way to go. now you have given those who do race a reason to go like a maniac on our roadways. get stopped loose your car. think their gonna stop now and turn themselves in or run and put even more people in jeopardy. just like to know where all this passion is for the true dregs of society. the rapists, pedophiles and all who would harm those who cant defend themselves. i was always under the beleif that by being a curteous driver to those in distress on the highways and biways i could help to change popular opinion. i still will help those in need around where i live but to the rest i see down island. rot on the shoulder and get cozy. this is one street racer who is informed on public view of me and will never again offer assistance to those in need. why would i want to when your secretley wishing to crush my car. i doubght you even care that i dont race on the roads, because it looks like i do and could is good enough for you to pass judgement.
a good forum for disgusting one of the few good semaritans left. congrats and i hope i pass you on the side of the road with your hood up in the near future. why wouldnt i wish this, you whish to see me crushed with my car so reep what you sew.
 genuine29
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 11:40:17 PM
thanks black night. i couldnt have summed it up better myself. the crap that i have had to deal with is totally out of line. pulled over for many " routine inspections " noise restriction bs and anything else they can think off. and now if i get a cop that has a itch to stick it to somebody, there is his/her scratching stick. had to deal with the whole drug dealer bs as well. most of the insanity that people are saying on here is what i have to deal with.
i only race on the track or do 1/2 or1/4 mile runs on my local dyno system. ( static test system ) now howmany soccer moms can say the same. i have my kids with me and when i dont have them with me there is someone else in my car or on the road.
before the next page i would love for someone to get some hard stats on this subject.
comparison of auto related death in bc and canada.
a breakdown analysis.
wonder where street racers sit on the list? really i would like to know.
keep it on the track and report dangerous drivers.
p.s keep your tripple a card handy. no help here now
 genuine29
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 11:55:50 PM
biketrvler. i help and stop for all those from sayward up to hardy. my neck of the woods.
as for the rest get ya cell out and dial tripple a. ( dont see many tuners broke down eh )
i also slow down and give cycleists a wide birth. vehicles carry a wake to. most dont realize it tho, or care. not shure on that one. i bike alot to so i know the feeling.
im a good samaratian not a saint. im not gonna offer a helping hand to someone who would like to slap it as soon as it is convienent.

people with closed minds dont change and i have a saying just for them
MIND OVER MATTER
i dont mind and they dont matter
 genuine29
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2007 1:46:15 AM
since ya all wanna pull numbers out of the air. here is a real one for ya.
i was on the road for 10 miniutes and was almost t boned by a normal vehicle.
it was my modifications that saved me from this ( probably drunk or impared ) a@#%^@e.
had to drop gears and redline with my e break to get out of his way.
( incase your wondering, i was going straight on the highway and he was turning off crossing into my lane. right of way me ) the fact that he could see me comeing and still kept on going just amazes me how some people have and keep a liscense.
WHEN I REPORTED THE INCIDENT TO THE POLICE LOL i was given the standard, what did you do to cause this incident.
hello????? he crossed into my lane and nearley t boned me and im at fault.
seems this twisted media sponsored, hard line vote grab is working really well for the p.c's eh
a coworker of mine lost his liscense for 24 hrs and he was so drunk he couldnt even stand let alone drive. me, i get a cop on a bad day with a score to settle and its crushing time
real even balance here.
im gonna do the search myself tomorrow.
lets see who is the real culprit here
all import tuners add all the incidents of bad stock drivers ya see and what their driving
see what our real world intel shows.
so 1 for me as of right now. how many in a week.........hummmmm. lol
 lowflyingobject
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 8:00:25 AM
my two cents worth... I don't agree with destroying the vehicles...I on the other hand am not for street racing at all... I agree with many of the posters here also... I have a son who has a car he has alterd...and every time he drives somewhere yes the police do stop him and if there is any small infraction they can ding him for they do...but on the other hand I do drive his car alot of the year also but one difference...yes they do stop me also...but I don't get dinged for any infractions...ummmm wonder why... umm I also don't get asked to get out so they can search the vehicle... and yes I have brought this up with dates and times to the local authorities.... wonder if things will change who knows Driving responsibly should be for everyone... and Genuine.... please if I'm stopped on the side of the road or need my windshield washer fluid topped up... and could use the help....please do stop.. and yes guys he does stop and help... I do know this personnally...and hope he doesn't stop being a good samaritan...
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 26
Posted: 5/19/2009 9:12:05 PM
Now, that is a logical consequence. The only thing is it is a waste of a good car. I suggest that the Police take the car and sell it and give the money to charity. The point is that the racer loses the car.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2009 11:43:58 PM
Can we videotape it being crushed and watch them cry?
Make them pay for the towing, crushing and disposal fee.

Post Note: RIP Puck
 Mobiledj
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 9:41:54 AM
If you are not driving over the speed limit you will be holding up traffic. Try it one day by going the speed limit and see how many people get upset with you. The speed limits are outdated and should be looked at and adjusted.

This is off topic because the topic is speed racers and I think that their cars should be stripped down to oem and sold off at auction. The funds should go to help pay court cost.

Crushing the cars would be like taking drug money and burning it.
 Mobiledj
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 10:51:15 AM
[Fine heavily for first offence, if no one is hurt or injured]

Sorry can't agree with that, speed racing is speed racing and downright dangerous. If they are luck enough that nobody was injured or not it should not matter. Speeding is a whole different matter, everybody does speed.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 1:49:18 PM
Speed Racers are not the average Joe and Jane commuter who is speeding or going the speed of the flow which may require them to go over the posted speed limit.

Let's get on track with what we are talking about here.
The guys...yes, primarily younger men...but some gals too who soup up the cars ...the engines...find nice roads to go racing on.
They are a danger to anyone in their field of track and they do kill other motorist and pedestrians who are in their path all for the sake of the thrill of the race.

They have to be made to pay.... so do their peers and their families if they encourage this reckless behaviour and continue to kill.
 Mobiledj
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2009 1:49:23 PM
Do you not think that crushing the car is like throwing away money that can be used to help offset the costs of prosecuting them?

Heavy fines, loss of driving privilages and yes even jail time.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/20/2009 6:15:26 PM
I think it is a waste of expensive machinery. I think it is okay to take the car away, sell it and give the money to charity. In a society where people sleep on the streets, we cannot throw away money which would be done if cars were destroyed.

I understand that people are angry and frustrated with street racers but matching their behavior with destructive behavior is not the answer.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/20/2009 9:06:27 PM

Idiots racing on urban streets deserve to be crushed with their cars.

Now you are saying that people should be killed as well and their cars crushed. Street racing is poor choice that is often made by young people, however, they do not deserve to die for it nor does anyone else.

Most of us are concerned with innocent bystanders. We do not want to be hurt or have our loved ones hurt, but when young boys grow up playing "Grand Auto Theft" or whatever and on a TV diet that makes street raising glamourous, what the Fxck to you expect?

It is time that we as a Society take responsibility for this, because like it or not, dead street racers are victims, too.
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/21/2009 3:52:09 PM

Anyone who thinks that these speed racers should not have their cars CRUSHED, and DESTROYED, even tho they are injepordizing peoples lives, THEY are the ONES who are SICK, and need professional HELP, DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.

Why do you people want to destroy everything? I guess I am sick and need professional help because I do not like the idea of destroying expensive cars. It is fine with me if you take the cars away from the racers and sell them and then give the money to children in Uganda. But 2 wrongs do not make a right.

You just want to crush the cars because you are angry at the street racers. Why not put some energy into preventing the problem?
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/21/2009 7:13:40 PM
I get it. I have spent the last 5 years as a volunteer for Counter Attack. I get it. I am just saying that we should take the car away from the racer but do not destroy it but sell it. I am also involved with a charity connected to Uganda. People involved in charity work hate to see things be destroyed. In fact, we look for money everywhere. I can see this as a win win situation. Sell street racers cars for charity. We could even let them choose the charity and yes it must be reputable, says Jane.

Would it not be better to sell the car as it is rather than the parts after it has been all smashed up?
 ~JaneSays~
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/21/2009 7:14:24 PM
Forgive my double post.
 andiedandie
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/4/2009 2:07:58 PM
I dont believe crushing someone's car is really enough of a deterrent... You dont necessarily need to have a car that is all "suped up". Anyone can drive like an @ss in any car. Its easy enough to have the car owners car crushed... but that isnt enough to stop their @ssinine behaviour.... any vehichle driven can be a murder weapon when its is driven in a reckless manner.

What I think would have more impact on the driver would be several things:
* Heavily fine the driver ...that money then can go towards education for safe driving... Education the youth in high schools of the impact that speed can have... Visuals are always more effective... show the car's dammage at high speed... speak of the drivers or inocent by standers/other drivers physical injuries or death.
* Make sure these drivers insurance rates go through the roof...If they are repeat offenders have their license suspended...just as a D.U.I. charge would.
*When the courts have found the driver guilty, enroll them in deffensive driving program and have the police, medical examiner, medics & firefighters show them the consequences of deadly racing or high speed driving.
* Reduce the driver's "points" based on their speed and amount of times they have been repeat offenders.

RIP Puck_Stopper... Your thought and care for others is greatly missed
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > street racers cars being destroyed...for or against?