Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Northern Lights
Msg: 144
what is it that u find in peoples profile pictures that turn u off right away?Page 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Pics with your kids in them are just wrong IMO.... State in your profile that you have kids, package deal, whatever, but dont post pics of them.... that just shows lack of respect for them IMO.. with all the weirdos out there nowadays (not saying anyone here is, but, well, you know.....).

You have kids, great, nobody needs to see pics of them, no matter how proud you are of them. This is an ADULT site, pics of kids should just not be allowed.

Maybe it's just me, but nobody meets my kid right away. I make it clear that I do have 'em, but there is no need to meet them until the time comes, so really, there is no need to post pics of them....
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 145
what is it that u find in peoples profile pictures that turn u off right away?
Posted: 5/13/2006 1:12:53 AM
^^^I actually agree there...it really gets to me seeing a clear pic of a kid on an adult site..but i also think to be fair (and a matter of manners) you shouldnt post pics of people not on POF....even if your in the pic with them,....seems just wrong to me to do that...not that i can tell if the person in the pic is POF but i doubt my friends or family would want to be on my profile
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 148
Posted: 5/13/2006 9:34:23 AM
who are you guys talking about that doesnt have a face pic but hates pet pics? Tsorath and AAL both have face pics in their profile.

I dont care about pet pics...if your in the picture... i dont want to see a pic of some guy;s dog in sunglasses instead of him
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/13/2006 10:39:25 AM
i had pics of more than my face but this guy in sask forums kept hijacking the threads i posted in to mmmmmmmmmboooobiiiies....think his name was road hammer or something

OT: one guy on here has pics of his car....and his dog...but no pics of him...what's the point of that?
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/14/2006 12:11:31 AM
The biggest turn off for me is the outdated photos. Some of them are 10-20 yrs old. One guy even has a high school photo as the main image. No idea what he may look like today. Also
on another site there is a fellow in a football uniform, not saying there is anything wrong with
that but he is wearing the helmet. No other photo is posted. We actually discussed this very
topic at work (we have quite a few single gals) and most of us have been on sites such as this at one time or another and its all about the photos guys. There is something to be said about first impressions. Am I right?
 Rodzores
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2006 11:15:45 AM
I don't know about something in a picture completely turning me, but i will say the outdated photo thing really is pathetic, and both men and women do it, i don't think im super shallow, but come on sometimes theres a nice picture so you read the profile, and the picture is them at 25 (and the main pic), but there are other pic's and there 50. Mega false advertisement's.

As far as the doctored or professional picture's, i don't know about that,
<<< I really am that sexy

Heres a pet peeve, not a picture thing necessarily, but why do i see women with "don't send pic's of your ab's or blah blah blah, i don't like that it say's" (and thats totally fine) but when you look at their pic, 1 of bustline, 1 of an ass, and none of their face, Hipocrit much?
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 160
Posted: 6/15/2007 11:35:42 PM
BB,

you should get those pron sites from her, your gerbils must be near death and need a brake!!

O.T. == when the pictures are of them on the bed, and it is not made, makes me think hearsay of the above mentioned sites!!
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 171
Posted: 7/21/2007 10:52:17 AM
The only pics that make me click the "back" button are bar pics. I have better things to do that waste my time drinking in a bar. It's cool if that's what you are into, but that's not for me. The only time I went to bars after oh 24, was if my band was playing, and that's because I was being paid to be there. Not crazy about glamour shots either.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 176
Posted: 8/29/2007 6:46:38 PM
For me the only thing I don't really care for are bar pics. It's just not who I'm looking for.
 JuliaMae
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2007 8:50:45 PM
Pictures do not turn me off. I am much more interested in an intelligent conversation than a handsome face.
 Good_Morning_Brad
Msg: 194
Posted: 10/29/2007 3:33:46 PM
Id like to chime in on this one if i may...
a Big turn off is seeing 'them' and their friend(s) drunk as skunks (or appear to be) posing somewhat for a picture that Isnt flattering as a First impression. Nor is the (classic?) topless pic and/or boob shot leaving very little up to the imagionation. :P
(not to Hijack the post, But on a personal note...) But personally, just a random nice pic. something simple, something Sober, something thats appealing to look at is a turn on. Simplicity is the key in my books.
-Brad
 Joe_Canmore
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 2:50:05 AM
I found a youtube video of Jay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNfyBqrAaPk

Joe_Canmore
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 7:06:16 PM
Well if they can't get a date cause they are too good looking at least they can do better in school, make more money, get better health care and get away with more crime.

Studies show attractive students get more attention and higher evaluations from their teachers, good-looking patients get more personalized care from their doctors, and handsome criminals receive lighter sentences than less attractive convicts.

The ugly truth, according to economics professors Daniel Hamermesh of the University of Texas and Jeff Biddle of Michigan State University, is that plain people earn 5 percent to 10 percent less than people of average looks, who in turn earn 3 percent to 8 percent less than those deemed good-looking.

And Jay you just happen to look like the Asian new haircut guy. And obviously I'm not an expert on men's hairstyles but I believe you have the same hairstyle in your profile pic as well. So everytime I see your pic on here I think of that. lol. Don't feel bad, everyone looks kinda like someone. People tell me all the time I look like Dana White from UFC and I think that guys kind of a tool. What can you do?

shellbell60
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 9:03:47 PM
I agree anti-date, what's with the favorites list and those people who list double digits? Personally its a turn off for me if I see a guy who has 84 favs. Why bother communicating if you know you can't even get his attention. It doesn't take much effort to delete yourself from others' lists if they haven't even contacted you.

My other pet peeve is bad comb-overs or pics taken in ratty clothing. Have some pride in your appearance people!
 Northern Lights
Msg: 272
Posted: 1/2/2009 8:33:36 PM

nothing says cheap to me like a game of frisbee for a first date idea.

Though I suck at frisbee, I'd sure go on a frisbee date.

After all, isn't going on a date an effort to get to know someone, not how much they're willing to spend on you?

I will never get that mindset personally. Who cares how much money is spent, as long as you have a good time and get a feel for what that person is like and if you might be compatible with them.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 275
Posted: 1/3/2009 7:26:01 AM

.........that a person does get a feel/instinct about another person...

I instinctively would rather feel the person than to sit and look at any pictures! To the Moon Alice, to the Moon!!

Some of the funniest I think are when the younger ladies try to make their profile seem larger than it is (the bust area). As I recall, the best way to enhance the appearance is to take a shot looking up at the boobs, not down on them, but in real life, I would rather go down on them than have to come up on them, less chance of getting the wrong impression!!!
 Junior1974
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 1:12:27 AM
I hate when the pictures have ugly people in them who want to date you.

I don't like it, not one bit.
 KingsDaughter
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 8:45:31 PM
Men that put christian in their profile, but don't even know what being a Christian means.
You need to read John 3:16 in the bible. Also men who think they are God's gift to women, you all need to take a good look in the mirror and see yourselves as you really are. Men expect women to not age and not have any flaws but they can put up a picture of them in bed, in an old t shirt, or just a picture showing that you don't take good care of your self.
 ~Lime~
Msg: 301
Posted: 1/11/2009 2:19:02 PM
i agree with the posters who are turned off by profiles that list religious affiliations. but for the opposite reason.their beliefs are not a concern for me... i just know that my own level and frequency of sinning will be an issue for them.

i also tend to run from a profile where the woman has hidden the identity of a former spouse or romantic interest in her profile photo by obliterating his visage with what appears to be multiple stabs and slashes using a knife or similar sharp instrument.

bradley
 TheReason_
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2009 2:58:06 PM
Kissy face, in EVERY SINGLE PIC!

Profiles where they do the same pose in every pic!!!

Backcountryme
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2009 4:22:08 PM
Picks of women with thier kids. I have no problem with women that have kids, but this isn't the place to show them off. Kids are great, I have three myself. But keep your kid photos off a site where there are people you don't know looking around.
 rockondon
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2012 8:07:28 PM
The best is when its a pic of her and her ex, and the ex's face is scratched out. LOVE that!
 baileybones
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2012 10:06:14 AM
Some of the things in a profile that disinterest me are:
*Bare chested or other bare things in their pictures
*Group pictures or with girls hanging all over them
*Never smile with your entire face to show it is a genuine smile and comes easily... this includes your eyes
*Pictures that do not show your face at all or you need a telephoto lens to see it
*Wearing sunglasses and a hat in all of them...Why bother?
ALSO
*When their profile states that they will reply to EVERY question and you never hear back from them
*Email me and tell me it's called a gym and to use one... yet you have no idea anything about me or that I have lost 130 pounds and I am happy being average and not a stick
*Asking me for girlie pictures of myself... what you see is what you get(they have magazines and google for those kinds of photos)
*Telling me my profile is a book... I like to write and communicate.... If it is too long then we won't get along
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >