Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 80
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I hate answering a question with a question but this time it's appropriate.

Is it shallow for a guy , not to date a girl, purely because she's got flat tits? Not because she's got at attitude problem because of her flat tits. Purely because she's dead flat?
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?
Posted: 8/31/2007 4:17:25 PM
That's like asking if it's shallow to not date someone because they smell funky!
If you aren't attracted to someone for whatever the reason, and it's not something that you can't overlook,
then it isn't necessarily "shallow." It's just your preferrence. Like preferring blondes to redheads. You just prefer
white straight teeth to grey and yellowed jagged ones.
I know someone that doesn't care that her boyfriend's teeth are REALLY bad. Teeth aren't of big importance to her.
I, however, don't want to put my tongue somewhere that doesn't appear to be of the utmost cleanliness.
Teeth ARE of big importance to me. Call me shallow. Call me picky. But if you're teeth look rotten or are kept in a glass at night....
DON'T call me! lol
 orchidtigress
Msg: 87
Posted: 9/1/2007 12:25:51 AM
nope, not if kissing is important
 funlady1958
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/1/2007 1:18:19 AM
How come we are talking about this? Take a look at when this thread and question first originated:

1/8/2006 859 PM

After I read three or four posts, I stopped since swtgirl states that the person's teeth are black and missing. I have a friend who works in a half-way house with drug users. He told me that black and missing teeth means past or present drug useage, usually cocaine (? spell).

So I would say run! run!
 funlady1958
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/1/2007 11:17:42 AM
blewsclews..... do you know what you said in your post? it is quite funny! you said you declined to date a person for a whole year because he didn't have any teeth, except perhaps some in the back of his mouth. Then you went on to say that you finally started dating him because you didn't see the teeth anymore.

Of course, you didn't see his teeth since he doesn't have any---------------------

Okay, I know that is not what you meant. I realize you were trying to say that the teeth issue became unimportant, but I couldn't help having some fun with you.
 meeks88
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:04:08 PM
I ran out on a girl on a blind date as her teeth were bent at 10 degrees...YIKES!!!
She had ANOTHER tooth growing out of her gum....GROSSSS!!!!

(I've passed gas that lasted longer than this date!) LOL

My boss has "summer teeth" ...summer here/ summer dare, and they have 2 jobs that
net over $200, 000 oer year...go figure!

Meeks88...
 CharleneAnn
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:08:33 PM
ok.. umm no it isn't.... how someone cares for their teeth tells you how they care for themselves
 ~rain~
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:25:16 PM
teeth dont have to be perfect...they just have to be there!!

there is absoulutly no reason these days..not to have teeth all present and accounted for!!

the exception is wisdom teeth of course
 ~rain~
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 2:58:41 PM
I guess it all boils down to....

there is someone out there for everyone..and they will accept you for exactly the way you are!!

It doesnt make you shallow when you have these preferences..it is just what you like to look at, touch, share, kiss, every day.
 justme1124
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 3:10:27 PM
well,it sure doesn't make for a very good first impression,it would depend how bad they are,if i sensed it would transfer in a kiss,its over because I enjoy the art of the kiss,Its such a nice casual way to show affection,can't be robbing ourselves if that now can we,and a bad mouth is a huge turn off, if you can't see yourself kissing them,it's over before it started,It's usually indicative of a low iq anyway,too stupid to take care of themselves,even welfare will pay for dental work.,move on I suppose,or drive them to the welfare office,lol.I once met a girl online that had spit in the corners of her mouth,good god,will i ever meet someone normal?lol. cheers
 BKS Ocala
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 3:15:31 PM
My first posting here so please dear moderator or whoever, please bear with the nubbie.

I so had to jump in on this one.

I had a meet , one of my first actually, and the fact is we were definitely clicking on a friendship level. Laughed, emailed and chatted frequently on the phone. All good...hmmmis there a legal word limit???

Bottom line, I really did not see us going past the friend level, but thought maybe make a new friend. Anyway, he travels about 2 hrs. and we meet. The teeth were awful and the breath worse..spent the day had laughs and dinner(dutch) said goodby..let's do again. Never to make contact again. The question would be as to how to tell someone that you found their general personal hygiene a turnoff? Agonized for days on that<<<<One thing to note I see he views but never communicates.
YEP!!! Bad teeth do to lack of personal care is a HUGE dealbreaker for this lady!
Ah Brilliant..perhaps will read here and get a clue....yesss.

Am I in trouble or in the proverbial iggy bin?
 itsmekenny
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/1/2007 3:23:15 PM
i don't have any teeth and can't afford the $2000.00 for the upper AND lower plate. maybe i neet to find myself a sugermama. LMAO
 pgail316
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/1/2007 4:47:35 PM
I met this guy off of a dating site and he was nice, very nice but there was something wrong and I could not quiet put my finger on it, then we met at a club another time and I realized what it was, he had missing teeth and broken teeth, so after a few beers, I got the courage up to be as nice as I could. And I mentioned how much better looking he would be if he got his teeth fixed. He said he was working on it, WRONG ANSWER, I told him just have them pulled and get new ones. The man works hard and has a great personality, but he dips and that does not help the teeth or the gums. It has been about 4 years since we first met and when I see him out I always say hello and give him a hug, but to this day he has not fixed his teeth!!! Imagine that!!!
 designingwoman
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 4:49:10 PM
Chewing tobacco is a nasty, disgusting habit that ruins teeth. ICK!!
 Mariah813
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 6:41:37 PM
If there is something you have a preference for then why would it be considered shallow at all
 Flirty49
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/2/2007 1:13:50 PM
Well, one of the first things I look at are teeth, then eyes. I love great teeth. I do not have great teeth. I have lost some in the back after some terrible hormone problems, but have a cool partial that you cannot tell it is NOT REAL...hoping to get a bridge soon...they are way expensive, but I love for my teeth to look white, clean and pretty. I have dated guys with teeth problems as long as their breath did not smell like rotten flesh like some people's do with teeth problems. Personality sometimes makes you over look lots of stuff. BUT first impressions are important too.
 Grider1
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/3/2007 9:38:33 PM
I'm not a girl, but I do have an opinion and teeth . Nice ones!!! Ones that have cost me a fortune to maintain. Sorry but if someone has horrible, Austin Powers-esque teeth I could not date them. Guess I'm totally shallow.
 ~~weeone~~
Msg: 127
Posted: 9/19/2007 4:32:48 PM
What a coincidence this post is.

About 3 weeks ago, after chatting with a guy for quite awhile, he drove to my city for a date. Although I had seen him on webcam and he looked really sweet, when I met him in person and he smiled at me....yikes !!!!

His teeth were so bad, that I swear a couple of them were hanging by their roots....

We proceeded on the date, but I made sure I maintained my distance and there were no goodnight kisses. To this day, I still feel kinda bad..mabe I should have said something?????

~~weeone~~ ( who just came home from dentist for teeth cleaning )
 moniquesc
Msg: 128
? for the ladies
Posted: 9/21/2007 12:22:19 PM
Personally I cannot imagine kissing someone with missing or black teeth...ugh. Guess I am shallow. The thought of that person putting their tongue in my mouth is revolting to me.
 becca210
Msg: 137
? for the ladies
Posted: 9/30/2007 8:33:50 AM
Really bad teeth are a definite turn-off. I don't want to kiss a person like that.
And if I don't want to kiss you.....I don't want to go out.
Becca
 mrmark19682006
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:09:54 PM
Teeth can be fixed, it's only a matter of $.
What really bothers me is poor grammar and punctuation.
 AnnF
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:29:48 PM
Girl, my ex's friend has the worst breath on the planet, the only time his breath didn't smell like death was when he drank Gin. He had the gaul to come onto girls that were more then half his age too. EWWWWWWWWW!!!

Sorry, but if a man's breath smells like something died in his mouth, hell no I won't date him. Yuck!!!
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 4:09:53 PM
hell yeah it's shallow!!!! my teeth are far from perfect but they're mine, what's left of them anyway...lol. nah, all kidding aside, i still have my teeth, not in the perfect condition but with the high costs of health care and dental care unless a man or woman has an excellent insurance company with the best dental plan then no one's teeth are going to be all that perfect. as long as he has teeth of his own (sorry, no dentures they tend to slip out of place) then he's still date-able as long as i am to him. it's called part of acceptance...it's not the teeth that makes the person, it's what's inside that counts.
 Teresa8381
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/27/2011 6:44:48 PM
I started dating someone who has bad teeth and I for one like him.. Does that make me wrong?
 mingo88
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2011 9:38:14 PM
i'd much rather date someone with bad teeth than no teeth at all and yes i've actually met some men who were missing the majority of teeth in their mouth. not sure why they let that happen to them unless they are deathly afraid of dentists or cannot afford it. not everyone has a dental plan and even if you do, many cosmetic procedures are not covered and even with something like a root canal, you send up owing some money. dentists are extremely expensive!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >