Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blonde demon
Msg: 76
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
to masongrl
small gaps are okay if have the tooth is not gone. actors and actresses have gaps between their teeth. I have dated men with small gaps and all their teeth.
 gentalltheway
Msg: 77
view profile
History
tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?
Posted: 9/17/2006 2:11:17 PM

You are too right about the British. I was married to one. "Bad skin, bad food, bad teeth, bad attitudes and bad weather"....

Damn!!! Have you ever been to England? I have quite a few times because of good friends living there and it's not better or worst than in the US.

Are familiar with the lack of dental care in the UK?

Are you??? I doubt it! It's not because you were married to someone who didn't took care of herself that all from the UK are the same.

The people I know from England have AMAZING smiles.
 prettywoman327
Msg: 78
view profile
History
That crazy teeth issue....
Posted: 9/17/2006 3:15:59 PM
The guy I am seein currently is missing some teeth due to getting kicked in the face doing Tai Kwan Dou. He does not have bad breath and is very clean type person so I know he brushes the teeth he has left. I spoke to him about this and he wants to have implants, but they are $1,500 per tooth and no way has he got that kind of money. He has a good job but has a igh mortgage and is barely making it. I have even said I would help him out with some of the cost but he wont take money from me. One of the many reasons I care for him. His ex spent $5,000 on dentures that dont fit properly and she doesnt wear them, thats why he doesn't want dentures but would prefer the implants. Should I dump him because of the teeth? He would look much better with all his teeth but he would still be the same person. I wish he didn't have this problem but I don't think I will let it break us up. He never has bad breath and is very clean.
 sugarysweet26
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/28/2006 5:31:09 AM
Yes thats shallow, I had teeth that were a little crooked back in the day, but had since got braces on and off. See all you players that wouldnt date a girl because you her teeth are missing out on hotties like me..just get with her and buy her some braces....as for bad hygiene yeah thats gross!
 SheMcG
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:25:06 AM
I'm a real fanatic about nice teeth...... they are about the first thing everyone notices about you!

If a guy doesn't have nice teeth.....he doesn't get the first date with me.....

They don't have to be perfectly straight....but they have to be clean and white and none visibly missing!!

I want a guy already "good". I don't want to have to change him or his habits!!
 METALLlC BLUE
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:29:24 AM
This whole "shallow" thing has gone too far. Listen, if I don't like bad teeth, I'm not dating someone with bad teeth. If I don't mind bad teeth, then I'll date them. Hell Jewel has a snaggletooth and I'd tap that ass like there was no tomorrow!

Dolphin8755
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/28/2006 8:52:45 AM
Its a deal breaker for me! If their yellow and dingy, like they don't even brush! Yuck! You want me to put my mouth where? LOL NO THANKS!

Deb.
 Country Sunset
Msg: 83
? for the ladies
Posted: 9/28/2006 9:01:01 AM
No, not at all. I think teeth are very important, it reflects good health and how much care someone puts into themselves. They don’t necessarily have to be perfect or straight for that matter but certainly white, no plaque with fresh breathe. It’s really not too much to ask for in my opinion when you figure the amount of time you spend kissing someone you are involved with.
 freedome
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/28/2006 9:13:45 AM
Of course not. As a x hygienest I have seen the nasty. Go with what you like and don't settle for less. Who cares what anyone thinks. Do what turns you on.
 crazeegyrl
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/28/2006 11:01:34 AM
I don;t think it is shallow------I had a friend who was a dentist and she told me that tooth decay is transmittable-----I don't know if this is true-------But for myself----I like a guy with all of his teeth and they have to be clean!!!!
 sparticuss
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/29/2006 2:47:48 PM
I hate answering a question with a question but this time it's appropriate.

Is it shallow for a guy , not to date a girl, purely because she's got flat tits? Not because she's got at attitude problem because of her flat tits. Purely because she's dead flat?
 **Rapunzel**
Msg: 87
? for the ladies
Posted: 8/31/2007 4:02:39 PM
I would never date someone that didn't brush their teeth. It's all part of the personal hygiene thing. I brush mine 3-5 times a day.

Also, my oldest was listening to an HIV POS speaker at her college and he said that there has been a case where someone contacted HIV from kissing. It is fairly rare, but it was because they both had bad teeth and some bleeding of the gums due to inflamation.
Posted: 8/31/2007 4:17:25 PM
That's like asking if it's shallow to not date someone because they smell funky!
If you aren't attracted to someone for whatever the reason, and it's not something that you can't overlook,
then it isn't necessarily "shallow." It's just your preferrence. Like preferring blondes to redheads. You just prefer
white straight teeth to grey and yellowed jagged ones.
I know someone that doesn't care that her boyfriend's teeth are REALLY bad. Teeth aren't of big importance to her.
I, however, don't want to put my tongue somewhere that doesn't appear to be of the utmost cleanliness.
Teeth ARE of big importance to me. Call me shallow. Call me picky. But if you're teeth look rotten or are kept in a glass at night....
DON'T call me! lol
 Jayderaven
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2007 4:32:14 PM
No. If you have a thing about teeth - then that's your personal preference.

Personally, a guy with bad dental hygiene - scuzzy teeth, missing front teeth (not counting bridges, crowns, etc, but flat out hole where tooth should be missing) - deal breakers for me.

My exh has really bad teeth - gets abscesses a lot, etc... there is simply no way I could kiss him with the way his teeth are now (not that I would, but you know what I mean).
Just the way I feel.
 Funeegurl
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/31/2007 4:41:36 PM
Shallow? No way! I have had more men then not have missing and/or terrible teeth! What is up with that? Would they like to be with us or kiss us if WE had a snaggle tooth, green no less....sticking out from the front of our mouth?! Or have our lips twist sideways while trying to talk, because we have no teeth to support them! geez...I got so tired of it I posted it in my profile! Nice guys, some attractive but quickly became UN attractive due to bad dental hygiene!!!
 Funeegurl
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/31/2007 4:44:03 PM
Apple n Oranges! Bad teeth are preventable! If a woman has small or no breasts her health and well being is NOT dependant on it, nor is it offensive to anyone, except possibly a shallow man. Not taking care of oneself doesnt compare to dealing with what the good Lord gave ya!
 MustangGirl_
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/31/2007 4:47:44 PM
This is such a touchy issue. My fetish is TEETH. I absolutely LOVE teeth. I have a 4k $ smile and this obsession roots back to my father. If the person is all you are looking for other then the smile then go for it. I once dated a few guys with bad teeth. Although teeth says a lot about a person I was able to look past the minor flaw and glad I did.
 smiles644
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/31/2007 5:26:48 PM
I would have never thought that bad teeth would be a problem for me, until I dated a couple guys with bad teeth.

False teeth - not a problem
Crooked teeth - not much of a problem
Missing teeth - not much of a problem

What I consider bad teeth, which are a turn-off to me, is rotting teeth. Often if someone has rotting teeth, they will also have bad breath.

Though if they were planning on getting them fixed - well okay - but I have learned to pay attention to what priority they put on getting them fixed. When it comes after luxury items, then they don't really plan on getting their teeth fixed.
 Darknight1984
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2007 11:21:27 PM
I am not sure if my teeth would be considered bad. They are a kinda in between yellow and white and they are straight except for one tooth in the middle of my bottom teeth which is a little behind.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/1/2007 12:25:51 AM
nope, not if kissing is important
 funlady1958
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/1/2007 1:18:19 AM
How come we are talking about this? Take a look at when this thread and question first originated:

1/8/2006 859 PM

After I read three or four posts, I stopped since swtgirl states that the person's teeth are black and missing. I have a friend who works in a half-way house with drug users. He told me that black and missing teeth means past or present drug useage, usually cocaine (? spell).

So I would say run! run!
 rzensdad
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/1/2007 10:46:10 AM
I dated a girl with bad teeth ....lol (from this site) She was a beautiful nice loving person , just not the greatest smile. She was always hurting from the pain of bad teeth and still was a beautiful and nice person ...I only broke up with her because her heart still belonged to another ...not because of her teeth. You might miss out on a great person for such a shallow reason .....If the girl I had met was not still attached I would have had one of the best parnters in my life.... bad teeth and all
 GingerAlden2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2007 10:51:39 AM
"Bad teeth" could mean a lot of things, but to most people, they are not attractive and it does affect chemistry between people. It could be a health condition, or just neglect....who knows. Either way, its not what most of us are looking for when we look for a mate.
I recently met a guy who was nuts for me, but the sad thing was he didnt take good care of himself. He had bad stains on his front teeth that were obviously neglected and had not been cleaned in a long time. I believe good dental hygiene is a must if you are trying to attract a mate. It is also an indicator of othe hygiene habits. This guy was a gentleman, but his teeth were badly stained, and obviously had not been brushed in a while. That sort of thing tends to deter a person from kissing someone, let alone starting a relationship with them that will be lifelong. I guess if anyone considers not liking someone's teeth as shallow, then so be it. Just remember that everyone has their standards, and its their life, so let them choose what makes them happy. "To each his own", as they say.
Love, Peace,
GingerAlden2
 rzensdad
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/1/2007 10:54:57 AM
The woman who say it is not shallow to judge another ...thanks for posting it is a good refference of who not to try to date off this stite !!!!!!!
 newleaf
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/1/2007 11:08:54 AM
I am a tooth freak. It is nearly a disorder. I declined to date a person for a whole year because he didn't have teeth (I think he has some in the back). When he asked me out, my kids just laughed their heads off, Oh RIGHT, Mom is going out with somebody who doesn't have perfectly white, straight teeth, we believe THAT.

But I finally said okay. He is the sweetest, cleanest, best-smellin' man I have ever known. You won't believe it, but I just didn't see the teeth anymore. Don't ask me why, because that is something I would definitely say matters to me, and yes, I knew I was shallow and was mildly ashamed of myself.

It was more a "type" than his smile, actually. I could just never have seen myself with his type. I am not exactly sure what happened (it's a story) but we aren't together now. He broke my heart.

I want that year back.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > tell me girls is it shallow to not date someone because they have bad teeth?