Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Registered Sex Offender?!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acuddler
Msg: 201
Registered Sex Offender?!?Page 9 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
This is what the guy for being a sleazy horndog. He should have asked the gals age, and seen her photo ID, before having drink one with her. According to your post, they F*CKED around, and BEFORE they did that he asked about her age, and she told him. He freaked out, and took her home...but he he must have f*cked her first, anyway. How else does he f*ck around with her after learning her age, which he did learn before they had sex? He did a lot more than he told you. It is not a crime to take a minor home. If you continue hanging with this guy you will deserve what you get from him. My guess is that you will end up in court with him the next time he goes to jail for doing nothing to a minor. He likes young stuff, and will do your kid sister, daughter, or next door neighbor kid, next...if you let him. He thinks he can blame the booze, and ignorance. One of the first principles of the law is that: "ignorance is no excuse".

Even if he were blameless about the age aspect, he is still proven to be the sort of sleaze who picks up total strangers in bars-in pairs-and goes home to screw them. Why would you want a guy like that to be your BF? So he can give you exotic new STDs, instead of the same old boring usual ones?
 rjmas
Msg: 202
Registered Sex Offender?!?
Posted: 1/16/2010 12:30:00 PM
If all of you are going to be so harsh and judge so readily, at least do it based on the facts and your own research. If all you are going to do is allow a media-hyped society tell you how you should think, feel and react, then why not just walk around like a bunch of zombies led by the short-hairs?

It happens. Do you know that in the state of GA, yes, you can end up on the SOR for merely urinating in public, or even wearing a speedo! Did you know that if you and your significant other are engaged in sex, and a child walks in on you, that you are now guilty of Child Molestation? Add to this the varieties of levels and laws in each state... This is not a country-wide law; what convicts in the South may acquit in the North; what gets you 20 in Texas may get you 2 in Colorado. Oh, how easy it is to end up with a label.

The fact is that there have been such terrible crimes committed against children that more and more laws come out every year in an attempt to prevent them from happening again; to keep our children safe. These laws get more and more ridiculous with every release. Here's another fact: NONE of these laws are in place to prevent ANYTHING. All they will do is punish AFTER THE FACT.

There is a HUGE difference between a 15 year old who consents and a 4 year old who is molested. It sure would be easy if we could throw them all in the same bucket and treat them the same way, wouldn't it? Oh wait, that is already happening...

Regardless of what everyone thinks of this guy, it took amazing courage to open up about his transgression, if simply due to the stigma attached to his crime. And yes, minors can look older; yes, minors can gain access to bars; so yes, it can be assumed that, despite appearances, a minor could be of age. Add to the fact that the fellow had been drinking - no, not as an excuse, but as a distraction. After all, there is a reason we have laws against drinking and driving; it impairs us. So the little things, which you all claim he should have caught, aren't as easy to spot after a few drinks.

Heck, I don't even care about the start of this post because it's old and the woman has already taken her action. I am posting simply because of the uneducated crap I just read. And I was inspired by the few who spoke up with clear minds.
 jlfin4life
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/16/2010 12:59:02 PM
Im sorry i dont beleave his story and you should go to the prosecuter who prosicuted him and get the facts before making a desition to keep him.
 Nachopapa
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/16/2010 6:45:27 PM
I found it humorous that one of the previous posters mentioned that in his work as a computer technician.... LOL I was unaware that they are using computer technicians to investigate and prosecute sex crimes. Having expertise with windows hardly qualifies one as an authority as a criminalist.
I would say don't walk, run away. You don't go to jail for indecent liberties for just kissing a 14 year old girl. I have met several 14 year old girls who could pass for much older- until they opened their mouths. There is something intrinsically wrong with someone 23 years old who has sex or attempts sex with someone that young.
 Spoken For
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2010 9:01:41 PM
Rake, if you don't think a 14 year old can make herself up to look like an 18 year old, you must not have visited a middle school recently. I have an 8th grader, and I can tell you, it's frightening how some of those girls look these days.

14 is much "older" than it was when I was 14, I can tell you that.
 sassy_n_sweet_jen
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/23/2012 1:26:47 AM
I just went on a date last night with a guy on here come to find out, my friend was lookin up sex offenders she recognized his pic that I showed her prior it was the same guy he is a convicted rapist Im so scared to date anyone now
 Blueline294
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/23/2012 5:52:25 AM
Oh there's more to the story I assure you. He would of been able to show that he met this girl at a bar with a former friend and they were " all throwing back drinks right? She's 14 but in a bar....drinking. These are all things that could have been documented. The laws are there for a reason, however the law is and I say this cautiously, are to be used with some context of common sense. I can't imagine a jury finding him guilty if in fact the scenario you described is accurate. I wouldn't waste anytime getting out of it. IMO
 Maleman999
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/23/2012 7:13:25 AM

Oh there's more to the story I assure you...She's 14 but in a bar....drinking.

I think the story is partly or all a lot of BS. Where I live, the legal drinking age is 19, and I've been in states where the legal drinking age is 21 or higher. Whenever I went to bars when in my twenties, I was always asked for ID, as well as all other younger people. I still see this happening all the time. So this 14 year old would need fake ID that says she's the minimum legal drinking age, whatever that age is where this happened. I never knew any or heard of 14 year old kids getting fake ID to go to bars. To a 14 year old child, anybody who is of legal drinking age seems like a senior citizen. Children who want to get liquored up usually steal their parents liquor or beer.

The other part of the story that seems fake is a girl that's 18 or 19 going out drinking in a bar with a 14 year old. Part two of the story is the older girl giving a 23 year old guy the phone number to the 14 year old. If the girls are friends, wouldn't she know the age of the 14 year old, and if so, why would she not tell the guy and suggest he's too old for her?

I think anybody who believes this has been trolled.
 1bellanella
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2012 8:54:44 AM
To me the story is completely feasible. I live in a state where the legal drinking age is 21 but we have bars that will let you in if you are 18. When I was 18, I had a friend who was 15 and had a fake ID (her sister's). We used to go to the bar and drink several nights/week. It's easy to find someone who will buy your drinks once your in. She had been doing this long before I met her.

As far as the man not knowing the girl was 14, it's absolutely possible. When I was 12 I was mistaken for a college student on several occasions. I have a niece who is 13 and is mistaken for 17/18 ALL the time and has been for over a year now. Not just her looks but her personality and maturity are on par with many of the 17/18 year olds I have known.

The other part of the story that seems fake is a girl that's 18 or 19 going out drinking in a bar with a 14 year old. Part two of the story is the older girl giving a 23 year old guy the phone number to the 14 year old. If the girls are friends, wouldn't she know the age of the 14 year old, and if so, why would she not tell the guy and suggest he's too old for her?

If the older girl is friends with the younger girl I'm sure she doesn't think of her as a 14 yo "child." She just thinks of her as her friend. Do you try to keep your friends from having fun or monitor their behavior?

OT- I'm sure the OP has left the thread but I'd be interested in hearing what ultimately happened.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/23/2012 11:35:01 AM
Yep you go on believing that. SO are the biggest liers ever.
 valerie555
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/23/2012 6:13:42 PM
The adult in this situation was him, not his victim. You better believe to a child - any, and I repeat any touching of private parts is confusing. He has messed this child up - her husband will be chewing him out for years. He's violated her innocence and wrecked her sexual confidence. I'd drop him, but that's just me.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/23/2012 11:33:44 PM
i have a female friend who married a sex offender. i wouldnt trust whatever story he conconcted to make himself sound somewhat innocent. the story my friend was given on why her husband was a sex offender is vastly different from the actual events that landed him in jail.

there are plenty of other decent guys out there that ARENT sex offenders. find one of them. if there was ever a good reason to avoid someone, sex offender is it!
 lovefun99
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 7:12:21 AM
Wow, this thread is 7 years old!

Anyway if any of you making assumptions about what happened, go back and read the OP posts,you will see that she read the entire court record and verified he was telling the truth, the girls own father thought he got a raw deal.... but ultimately the OP decided against a relationship.....
 Blueline294
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/24/2012 9:03:30 AM
I read where she went to the clerk of court. You can get a copy of the charges and verdict on a case, you cannot get the transcript there, especially one involving a juvenile. And if the father thought he got a raw deal then who contacted the police? Just my thoughts......
 lovefun99
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2012 10:25:16 AM
read all of her posts... she got to look at the whole case record, even papers that were marked for judges eyes only, she also stated that the girls parents got divorced because he was on the guys side, I guess mom called the law...
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/24/2012 5:08:40 PM
I have dealt with many sex offenders in my profession. Sex offenders never ever change. They CANNOT be rehabiliated. He did more than "make out" with this 14 year old girl. Kissing a minor doesn't send you to prison. Either you don't have the whole truth or you are lying to yourself because you don't want to lose this man.
They all have their lies & excuses. She lied about her age, etc. These are people who have SEX WITH CHILDREN. They know they are children, they seek out children.
THIS IS NOT A FORGIVABLE THING. This is uncurable sickness.
This man can never be around children, as he will re offend.
You look like a young, pretty girl. Why are you paying for everything & allowing yourself to be treated like that? Give yourself a chance to meet a nice guy who s worthy of you. This sex offender is not.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 217
Posted: 8/24/2012 5:13:25 PM
read all of her posts... she got to look at the whole case record, even papers that were marked for judges eyes only, she also stated that the girls parents got divorced because he was on the guys side, I guess mom called the law...

BS! Joe citizen does not get to look at private court files, & also look at papers that are "for judges only". Anyone who works in the court system knows all parties see all papers. All parties are the attorneys involved, the court clerks also see the files.
The victim was a juvenile. Juvenile court matters are confidential. This private court information would never be released to the public. OP is the public.
OP wants to stay with the sex offender & believe his lies. so let her live a life of misery & heartache. This is what she wants.
 annywn
Msg: 218
Posted: 8/24/2012 8:38:05 PM
You are so right on with what you are saying and that poor girl is in for a world of heartache. Everything those kind of people say is a lie, they are master manipulators, and actually believe they are just "misunderstood". They aren't always acting on there impulses, but are always thinking about them until they have an opportunity to victimize again.
 lovefun99
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 10:15:35 AM
Really , you're going to argue about what the OP actually stated 7 years ago?

BS! Joe citizen does not get to look at private court files, & also look at papers that are "for judges only".

I went to the courthouse yesterday and looked at his file and everything was as he said it was. I snuck, when the clerks weren't looking, and opened all the envelopes that said "only to be opened by a judge". It described the incident exactly as he described it. The mother had found out by reading her daughter's journal. The bouncer at the bar had signed an agreement with the bar not to testify in order to keep the bar from being sued, so he pled the fifth. Due to a law in place at the time called the "rape shield" law, her character and actions couldn't be questioned by the defense attorney unless the prosecuting attorney brought the subject up first (which he very wisely didn't bring that subject up). When he was arrested, he admitted to taking her to his house with the intent to have sex with her and then taking her home when he discovered her age but since she never testified (she had a decent attorney; his was court appointed) and the bouncer pleaded the fifth, they had a hard time convincing a jury that she had purposely led him to believe that she was of age. All the motions to repress etc were in his file, along with transcripts.

But it doesn't matter now. Even though I never believed him capable of hurting a child or anything like that, his past would taint any kind of future that we could have had together. I feel bad but I am just not ready to settle for a man (albeit, a very great and loving man) who has such a huge thing in his past and quite a chip on his shoulder. So we broke up.

Edit: The prison sentence at that time for "indecent liberties with a minor" were minimum 2 years to maximum 10 years. He served 21 months - less than the required two years.

Welcome to rural North Carolina!

I even made copies of his psychological evaluation!

Furthermore, I can tell you the name and address of the minor involved in the case...?

They were paying no attention to what I was doing

I was very surprised myself. I couldn't believe that they had included that info in his files at all - it was in a regular envelope that simply said "only for a judge to open". If it was private, why would they put it in a PUBLIC record? I walked in and told them what I needed and the little clerk walked right back there (indicating that I should come around the counter as well) and pulled out his file and handed it to me and said "there are chairs right over there". Even the copies were free.
 Maleman999
Msg: 220
Posted: 8/27/2012 3:41:35 PM
I vaguely recall in high school over-hearing conversations from female classmates, who were around 14 or 15 at the time, talking about their boyfriends and at least one or two were dating guys who were finished with school and were at least 18 or 19. And these girls lied about their age to the boyfriends and told them they were 17 or 18 so they wouldn't scare away the guy. What brought this to mind is I remember my ex telling me she did this too.

It's a little weird to think these guys and other guys in the same situation could end up with a criminal record for life and be on the registered sex offenders list if things went badly and they were reported to the police. And the girls would not face any consequences for lying about their age. For some crazy reason in cases like this, it's the guy's legal responsibility to verify the girl's age and prove she's not lying, whereas the girl can lie all she wants, and nothing happens to them. Should all guys demand to see a woman's birth certificate and other pieces of ID and get a photocopy of it to protect themselves?
 annywn
Msg: 221
Posted: 8/28/2012 2:02:34 AM
Yes. If they want to stay out of prison that is.
 Maleman999
Msg: 222
Posted: 8/28/2012 7:08:02 PM

Yes. If they want to stay out of prison that is.

If you were to meet up with a guy for a date/meet'n'greet, and he wanted to see and photocopy your ID in case you turn out to be a freak, would you willingly hand over your ID to the guy?
 annywn
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/28/2012 8:02:48 PM
I am no where close to being underage, plus I would never consider jumping in the sac on a meet/greet. Duh. If someone wanted to run a criminal record check on someone its easy enough to do over the internet. If someones age is in question I would hope they would know for sure who they were getting frisky with. If not, you take your chances. Its called being an adult vs being a minor.
 mrsingle1997
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2016 6:40:42 AM
Wow some of you on here say you are a Christian or a child of God well I don't see how cause first of all dosent the Bible say don't judge or in like manner you will be judged and didn't they bring a lady caught in adultery to Jesus cause the law said any one caught in adultery must be stoned to death what did Jesus say he that is with out sin may cast the first stone but no one did cause we all have sinned so y are you all judging this man when i am sure you have done something wrong may be not as bad in the eyes of man kind but in God's eyes it's all the same
 bucsgirl
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2016 9:35:41 AM
"I don't see how cause first of all dosent the Bible say don't judge or in like manner you will be judged" This isn't judging, law enforcement has evidence that he committed a crime. Period. If he's a sex offender it's not because of people "judging" him it's because there was credible evidence to support the offense he was charged with.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Registered Sex Offender?!?