Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 \El Toro/
Msg: 5
Sorry Jails Full can't arrest you, go home....Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I owe $2400 in fines. Instead of being jailed, I've been subjected to a far more horrific fate. The county sent my bill to a collection agency...

Note to self: Don't drive without insurance again.
 Tin_Man
Msg: 6
Sorry Jails Full can't arrest you, go home....
Posted: 1/10/2006 4:06:01 AM
If you think that is bad....

You should have a look at the so called sentences here in Canada...

Double time credited for time served before trial

"House arrest" for violent offenses...

Murder convictions netting less than 3 years behind bars!

And no, people... I am not kidding... or exagerating... Believe me, I wish I was.
 Trav88
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:20:56 AM
"Your jails are full down there ? Hmmm....try the Canadian approach where nobody goes to jail for anything. That'll at least save you some money."

Well put!
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:03:43 AM

If you think that is bad....

You should have a look at the so called sentences here in Canada...

Double time credited for time served before trial

"House arrest" for violent offenses...

And no, people... I am not kidding... or exagerating... Believe me, I wish I was.

i love canada, but i think this is really sad for the victims
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:55:44 AM
we've done that in the city before. the cutting of fines for non payers. they let you come down to city hall, pay the fine with no penalties and no arrest. i think that's a good idea and a better way for the city to collect fines

i've been to manchester. ya'll have really big cows. on space boots. how do they stick to the sides of those hills?
 Trav88
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/10/2006 8:52:34 AM
Hey i'm not a canuck :P.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/5/2007 9:59:38 AM
Over 10 years ago now the same thing happened in Florida. Priority was given to drug offenses so quite literally rapists and murderers were either let out early, or not jailed at all. When you have people sitting on 50 year sentences for growing pot or having a gram of heroin, there isn't room for the people you need to get off the streets.
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/5/2007 12:51:41 PM

Your jails are full down there ? Hmmm....try the Canadian approach where nobody goes to jail for anything. That'll at least save you some money.

Hey...Maybe we can start sending some of ours up north???
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2007 2:54:04 PM
send em to the fema concentration camps across the USA.
 homeboy_66
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2007 10:45:36 PM

A crook's wet dream
 intheswim
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2007 4:48:26 PM
I've always thought that anyone convicted of gun and gang related crimes should be parcelled off to the military.

After all, if they have a predilection for working within a structured para-military organization and/or have a thing for using a weapon like a gun to get their way, what better place for them to be.

Give them some basic training and send them to Iraq where they can earn their keep. Hell, they might even learn some respect for others and turn their lives around after that.

Better than simply warehousing them.
 intheswim
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2007 7:22:09 AM

Do you have a source to back that?

That only applies to young offenders under the " Young Offenders Act " Under the age of 18.

Application can be made for them to be tried as adults in adult court.

IMO...it should be changed. Hopefully our new federal gov't will do exactly that.

In the bad old days when there was more common sense, when victims got more consideration than the criminals, after you turned 16, you were considered an adult and tried as such.

IMHO.....the age for serious violent crimes being tried in adult court, with adult sentences, should be at 14.

However, anything at all would be an improvement over what we have now.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2007 5:59:13 AM
Yeah. In the UK, they deport criminals all the time. Our prisons are full. They are even using the cells in the police stations to house people. Now they are giving loads of people ASBOs (Anti-Social Behaviour Orders), or orders to be under 'house arrest', instead. But it isn't working. People are still breaking their ASBOs.
 Jude52
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 9:36:11 PM
I agree with " intheswim" , They should take these people that are in the jail's and take them over to the War ZOne's and enlist them to serve their time over there fighting for our country since they all ( just about) have all this violence in them. Take a bad thing and make good use out of it. That way all the space here would not be taken up and we would have more over there to get all the bad guys taken care of. If Obama gets office the Iracq's and Afaganastan will take over the US anyway.....so let the Jail ppl fight for our country while they can.
 h0ldfast
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 11:44:58 PM

Keep it up guys and we'll get all the world's criminals wanting to become adopted-Canucks

Too late. Canada's lenience toward crime and lax immigration policies have already made it a favoured destination for criminals.
 naeco
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/15/2008 6:28:02 AM

Is this happening anywhere else???

It's been like that in my county for over 10 years, and they just built a brand new, bigger jail about 8 years ago. Instead of helping with the problem, they just started arresting more people.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  >