Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carribeanking7
Msg: 137
Favorite QuotesPage 3 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
Read not to contradict and confute,
nor to believe and take for granted
but to weigh and consider.

~Francis Bacon~
 tmbmx
Msg: 141
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/18/2005 11:40:47 AM
frankly my dear I dont give a damn!

"All you need is LOVE"
 goldnlocked
Msg: 143
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:12:20 PM
"Most people get into business because of a talent or skill. Most fail because of behaviour."
 carribeanking7
Msg: 144
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/20/2005 1:41:49 AM
Some sacrifices are required for benefits in the long run...but remember...
In the long run....we are all dead
 vs1serg
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/25/2005 2:58:07 PM
I never let school get in the way of my edgucation - Twain
(proly more current if ya change the last word to egumacation)
 vs1serg
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/25/2005 3:00:01 PM
if the problen has a solution, then why worry? and if the problem has no solution... why worry? - tybet philosphy
 vs1serg
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/25/2005 3:07:34 PM
... and think not that you can chanage the cours of love... for if love finds you wrothy it will find you worthy
 vs1serg
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/25/2005 3:09:25 PM
I forgot to take my meds... the last one endes: if love find you worthy then it shall change yours
 vs1serg
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/25/2005 3:18:44 PM
from the epitaph of Ira Gershwin, musician and aranger along side his more famouse brother leonard, and also a well known hypocndriac.
"I told you I was sick"
 carribeanking7
Msg: 153
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 9/26/2005 9:04:54 PM
^^^ Often it's the last key in
the bunch that opens that door
 carribeanking7
Msg: 156
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/2/2005 4:44:09 AM
Cognito ergo sum

I think and therefore I am
 carribeanking7
Msg: 160
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/7/2005 3:10:25 AM
Quote - You're only given a little spark of madness. You musn't lose it" ~~ Robin Williams

I am a full blown inferno....?
 Manumised
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/7/2005 10:37:34 PM
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars." - Les Brown
 40ish711
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/12/2005 1:45:53 AM
true true & true.
 Black_Pearl
Msg: 172
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/14/2005 7:29:41 PM
ahhh

thats beautiful...shit...am adopting that one!!!!:
 Black_Pearl
Msg: 173
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/14/2005 7:37:57 PM
words of wisdom, truly words of wisdom!!!!

nausea... trip down memory lane

"HE WENT TO SCHOOL, GOT EVERYTHING BUT KNOWLEDGE"

"AT THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE HE RINSED"
 Black_Pearl
Msg: 174
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/14/2005 8:14:10 PM
assumptions are mother of **** ups!!!

We will either find a way, or make one.
Hannibal

If there is no enemy within,
any enemy without can do us no harm.
Only a fool tests the depth of the water with both feet.
--African Proverb
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can surpass it.
Lao Tzu

If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.
The man who claims to be the boss in his own home will lie about other things as well.
The meek shall inherit the earth.

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.
Heraclitus

"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat."
We can seldom get our children to do what we tell them, but they almost never fail to imitate us.
Colin Powell

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.
Abraham Lincoln

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes."

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

okay here, it gets sappy

Mother Teresa

not big fan of religion but definitely, this 'Woman' is a ....

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
We can do no great things; only small things with great love.
The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."

Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush; anxious for greater developments and greater wishes and so on; so that children have very little time for their parents; Parents have very little time for each other; and the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.

There is a terrible hunger for love. We all experience that in our lives - the pain, the loneliness. We must have the courage to recognize it. The poor you may have right in your own family. Find them. Love them

The more you have, the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have the more free you are. Poverty for us is a freedom. It is not a mortification, a penance. It is joyful freedom. There is no television here, no this, no that. But we are perfectly happy.

Little things are indeed little, but to be faithful in little things is a great thing.
 Sindee
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:02:09 PM
A real man does not love a thousand women one way...a real man loves one woman ... a thousand ways
 GeeO
Msg: 178
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/19/2005 10:35:52 AM
One must learn to love.— This is what happens to us in music: first one has to learn to hear a figure and melody at all, to detect and distinguish it, to isolate it and delimit it as a separate life; then it requires some exertion and good will to tolerate it in spite of its strangeness, to be patient with its appearance and expression, and kindhearted about its oddity:—finally there comes a moment when we are used to it, when we wait for it, when we sense that we should miss it if it were missing: and now it continues to compel and enchant us relentlessly until we have become its humble and enraptured lovers who desire nothing better from the world than it and only it.— But that is what happens to us not only in music: that is how we have learned to love all things that we now love. In the end we are always rewarded for our good will, our patience, fairmindedness, and gentleness with what is strange; gradually, it sheds its veil and turns out to be a new and indescribable beauty:—that is its thanks for our hospitality. Even those who love themselves will have learned it in this way: for there is no other way. Love, too, has to be learned.

The greatest weight.— What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you in your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence—even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again—and you with it, speck of dust!"— Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: "You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine!" If this thought gained possession of you, it would change you as you are or perhaps crush you; the question in each and every thing, "Do you desire this once more, and innumerable times more?" would lie upon your actions as the greatest weight! Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal? —

_F.W. Nietzsche (GS)

`G`
 fra59e
Msg: 182
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/25/2005 8:06:33 AM
I do not live or die for another.
I do not ask another to live or die for me.

-- John Galt (Ayn Rand)

finisheslast
Msg: 183
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/25/2005 5:26:51 PM
tough times don't last, tough people do.
 Unique4some1
Msg: 184
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/25/2005 9:20:56 PM
What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger.

If you take a chance on getting slapped you might get kissed

If you don't like my attitude quit talking to me

It's called thinking you should try it sometime
 fra59e
Msg: 186
Favorite Quotes
Posted: 10/26/2005 7:32:43 AM