Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Anna01
Msg: 59
worse thing anybody said to you before they broke your heart.Page 2 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Before braking up with me, this guy that I had dated for 3 yrs. told me he needed a change. He had changed his job, so I thought he was satisfied...no. He went to the gym and started to get in shape, still not happy. He dyed his hair blonde, bought a new wardrobe, and moved out without so much as a goodbye. His metamorphisis into an a**hole was complete!
 Bryce77
Msg: 60
view profile
History
worse thing anybody said to you before they broke your heart.
Posted: 7/10/2005 6:43:54 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol should of strapped that bus to your a## so you didn't fall in!!!
 opaphous
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/10/2005 3:44:22 PM
you know all the old lines people say........IT NOT YOU IT ME!.......I WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOU IN MY HEART!....I'M YOUNG, I WANT TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE!...I STILL LOVE YOU...I HATE THE SIGHT OF YOU!!...
 opaphous
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/10/2005 3:46:56 PM
or YOUR FIRED!!!
 100%me
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/10/2005 5:56:18 PM
I still love you, but......
 vafinest96
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:12:50 AM
What's up everyone, the worst thing ever said to me was by my ex-wife...after I found out about her affair with this guy we both worked with, she had the nerve to come home pack all her stuff and then before she walked out the door she looked me straight in the eye and said..." I'm sorry, but I still love you." Now how in the hell did she still love me and went to stay with some other guy. Needless to say 10 months later we were divorced.
 Mr_CLEAN
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/11/2005 1:30:04 AM
I think that the person who does it in the worst way ends up in the worst situation in the end. SELF CONTROL IS ALWAYS THE TOUGHER WAY. It also makes you STRONGER. And smarter if you can find other more positive ways to let out the pain.
I dont feel sorry for anyone who's had a tough breakup. The joke's on the person that did it to them.
 crystalise
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/21/2005 8:34:35 PM
Hey houtx2004 - not all women are like that. Better luck next time. I have to say, it never ceases to amaze me the lengths that people will go to make themselves look like the victim or the self-righteous person in a break-up. Just say sorry, I think I have to leave the relationship as my feelings are not as strong as I thoght they would be after all. Or something like that

I mean when it comes down to it, how DO you say to someone, its not working out for me, my feelings change etc??? Thats a rhetorical question btw. Its really hard. Its a negative thing no matter which way you look at it and people react accordingly. thats why people gotta come up with something, like the its not you its me...

Well its better than what I got. I got nothing. Silence...zip...one minute I get the messsage that hes 'thinking about cultural differences'...the next, 7 weeks of silence and me counting the days til I may hear something - cause I dont know otherwise. To me I was still in a relationship and had to do the whole work it out via silence treatment. Trust me I would prefer the "" its not you its me" at least they have the consideration to think you deserve to know where you stand even if it is a cliche. I am still stuck with no closure and left wondering what I did to deserve that [ I know I did nothing mean or nasty whatsoever, and thats the truth]

Anyways...some of this stuff is just mean. Beats me what makes these people so messed up. Well i guess thats it, they are messed up. You are so better off without them, all you folks who got hard-core nasty stuff.
 crystalise
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/21/2005 8:42:32 PM
right on De-lye-lah. I like that last line. May I use it? maybe we all could - just go...' wow it sucks to be you, huh?''

and then buh-bye
 JentleJiantJim
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2005 11:39:48 PM
"By the way, all the rumours are true...I've slept with more than 20 guys this year...from this college, and 2 of them are your friends"

That one hurt...a lot.
 windsorsweetie
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/21/2005 11:52:38 PM
A guy once told me that Im not as skinny as the girls he usual dates but he still cant help but imagine rolling around naked with me. I was like...."uh...thx...i guess" I never spoke to him again...I was so hurt.
 NeoRaijin
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2005 8:12:22 AM
My ex's sister, told me my ex was happier with a girl, than she ever was with me....
 Talitha001
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2005 11:23:57 PM
Ican`t believe you people have gone through these rude comments during a breakup.....I have never experienced anything like that so I can`tdd to it...Just wanted to say `sorry` that happened to you and I`m amazed you are on a dating site looking for love...If that happened to me...I doubt would be...Good luck to you all!!!
 Fcukmeplease
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/24/2005 6:07:40 AM
your p.u.s.s.y is too tight

you are too good(so boring!!)
 jackie34
Msg: 101
Posted: 7/26/2005 2:28:59 PM
they shot me
 jackie34
Msg: 102
Posted: 7/26/2005 2:31:18 PM
they dated my best friend that is so $%#% up. they have no heart never the thought bout how your feelings felt
 TequilaMockingbird
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/26/2005 6:57:51 PM
worst thing??...'you know, i've never really given lesbians a fair chance.'
 justswell
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/29/2005 5:37:46 PM
Worst thing said to me.. would have to be.." I know i love you with all my heart. and I will never love anyone else the same way.. but this is just somthing I have to do!" BULLSHIT Its Pretty hilarious when they come crawling back!!
 sledracer
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:23:11 PM
thats classic LMAO
 sledracer
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:27:46 PM
I love the one by NorthCoast that was a classic page 2 for reference LMAO
 Newhere
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/30/2005 9:39:50 AM
What hurt me the most was having him tell me that he just doesnt love me (after 6 years) in the way that i love him. Having someone that you thought you would spend the rest of your life with, telling you that he wants you to move on with your life and be happy. That you deserve someone better and that will love you as much as you love me. Him saying that he wishes he didnt feel this way and tryed to love you but couldnt. Sad but true.... finally getting an honest answer about why our relationship wasnt working, hurt the most. Having the one you thought was your soul mate, tell you that he wants you to forget about him, move on with your life and be happy with someone else, is a feeling i will never forget and wouldnt wish upon anyone.

Ang!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >