Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mcbobly
Msg: 113
view profile
History
worse thing anybody said to you before they broke your heart.Page 3 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
goodnight sweetie, I'll talk to you tomorrow, and never called back or answered my calls again. Never really knew what it was that ended it, we were sharing a great relationship for 2 years, never so much as a hint anything was wrong.
 mcbobly
Msg: 114
view profile
History
worse thing anybody said to you before they broke your heart.
Posted: 9/3/2005 5:13:35 PM
Loosing weight guy, I heard that from my ex once afterward too, that it was embarrasing to be seen in public with me, and to make it even worse, she was about 50# overweight herself, imagine that.
 Sheedosie
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:53:07 AM
The worst thing said to me was on the telephone: "You know I love you and will never leave you.........hurry home to my waiting arms". That was at 4PM and by the time I got home at 6PM..............all his things were completely gone and no note was left. (This was after 10 years of marriage)
 mindnoir
Msg: 123
view profile
History
worst thing anybody said to me before they broke my heart.
Posted: 10/29/2005 9:29:51 PM
well it wasnt from him persay. it came from the girl he was seeing

she had become friends with me for about a week, saying that she just knew him through a casual friend. and at the end of the week she said "oh by the way ive been seeing him for the past 2 weeks, just thought youd like to know"

and after finally finding him he said "i love you still. just not the same type of love"

yes. thats exactly what every girl likes to hear after his on the side girlfriend sheds the light on the situation.
 You2Me
Msg: 124
Posted: 10/30/2005 12:28:46 PM
She said "you should not have an opinion" "this has nothing to do with you" even though the relationship lasted another four months after that, I think it was over for me then. I never really saw past that...just the way she said it....
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/30/2005 9:13:09 PM
worst thing I ever heard of wasn't me but someone very close to me,... his fiancee sent him an invite to HER wedding ( to another guy one month before they were to get married!!!!!) He never got over it.
 nate1979
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/31/2005 6:20:11 AM
My ex fiance told me she wanted to sexually experience other people because I was her first.

That cut pretty deep considering I took that pretty seriously.
 emily_strange
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2005 6:40:06 PM
You're the girl I want to marry, but not the person I want to be with right now... OUCH!!!
 Missy
Msg: 129
Posted: 11/1/2005 9:10:40 AM
Doesn't matter what he said then, but it wasn't very kind. Howver, he did call me a few weeks ago telling me he was an a$$, asked me to forgive him because he'd realised how wrong he was and that he'd learned you never know what you have until its gone. Made me feel good to hear him apologise as I wasn't expecting it.
 Rhubarbara
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 4:43:08 AM
Nothing, is soooo to me the worse. Silence...done...quiet.....argh

Yes folks LOVE is GRAND...
 Finlander21
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2007 11:00:32 AM
She said "I love you, but I want a divorce". Now I can't even hear another woman say the "L" word without questioning her sincerity. I'm eternally ****ed.
 jadegreen
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2007 7:45:05 PM
I can't really go into the details b/c would be too painful and personal...but i remember breaking up with someone once and the last words that rang in my ears were "it's your fault"...and then click they hung up....i never spoke to them again...those words rang in my ears for years....finally after many years, i thought i spotted that person out in a fast food place...had been many years and don't know if they recognized me...i didn't feel the least desire to say hi...my heart did not skip a beat or nothing...i felt absolutely "nothing" for them......
 pearlj
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/16/2007 12:15:37 AM
So I poured my heart out in a letter to my boyfriend (now ex...obviously) and I told him how I expected to be treated and that I loved him but had too much self-respect to stay with him if he was going to treat me disrespectfully or discardingly, (the guy was another one of those "hot/cold" kind of guys so his attitude was out of the blue for me) anyway I said all that I felt needed to be said, and he wrote a letter back saying "I should feel sorry for you, but I wont" talk about who the hell does he think he is. I dumped him immediatley and endured a couple of months of him pathetically pleading to get me back over voicemail, so I guess he must have been a master at projection. lol
 LadyOn2wheels
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/22/2007 6:06:14 AM
I think email dumping is the worst. No matter what they say it's like a Dear John letter... you can't respond effectively and it's so cold hearted. Little contact for a couple of weeks (after MUCH contact) then the "I met someone else and we're in love"
"sorry" email.... EMAIL.. aggggh always the worst way and no true gentleman would do that. (this guy was just going thru the final divorce stages and new to dating again.. I replied nicely but did mention that it's customary once a person has dated a bit not to dump them on email.
 Del Monty !
Msg: 165
Posted: 8/22/2007 9:06:15 AM
In 1999 my girlfriend,whom I had been dating for several months and had never even had a slight disagreement with, said to me right out of the blue one day: "My ex-boyfriend emailed me recently...and says he will give me a 2 carat diamond ring if I will move to Arizona and marry him." I laughed and said, "Of course you told him about us and are not seriously considering that, are you?" She said "Yes, I am.. and I am going to move there to be with him." I then said, "What about me....what about us?" She coldly replied, "What about you?" It took me a long time to get over hearing something so unexpected,unfounded and cruel from someone I loved. I had loved her and had treated her like a princess. She moved away,despite my attempts to convince her to stay, and I never heard from her again. Nothing.
 dollface72
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2007 6:09:42 AM
mine was........its not you its me... you are a great person.
 dollface72
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2007 6:15:35 AM
oh and i could be making the biggest mistake of my life and i will regret it 2 months down the line, i love you and want to be with you for ever......but its finished...
 iluuvpups
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/31/2007 7:51:08 AM
Nothing. Absolutely nada. He just stopped talking. He wouldn't answer his phone or email. Several *years* later, I got a voice mail that I think was from him saying "I'm sorry". That was it.
 one_rose1969
Msg: 176
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:33:52 AM
Mine would have to be! "Sorry I decided to leave town because I realize I don't Love you and I'm not in love with you that you deserve better than Me!! Then he leaves without a GOODBYE! one_rose1969
 jetty65
Msg: 187
Posted: 4/19/2008 1:09:38 PM
I tried to have feelings for you but there is nothing there.

Ah , lets see what he said before that.

"I love you more then you will ever know"

"I think about you all the time"

"I love your sexy morning voice and I cant wait to wake up hearing it every morning"

Yep , nothing there.
 jetty65
Msg: 188
Posted: 4/19/2008 1:10:37 PM

It's not you ~ it's me

Errr , I absolutely hate that one.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >