Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry someone just because they are rich ?[closed]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motodude66
Msg: 76
Would you marry someone just because they are rich ?Page 4 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
one last thing
the women who would disagree with what i just say
im not saying this applies to all women, but most of them:

if you wouldnt go after a rich guy , it would be becuase you are either not attractive enough or THINK you are not attractive enough to compete with all the gorgeous women that that well off man could get and wouldnt bother wasting time because youknow that the guys eye will wander and he will cheat on you with a betterlooking women

do you ever see hockey or baseball stars wives or girlfreinds?
they are just all totally gorgeous
like supermodels
go do a google search for jose cansecos ex wife
she posed nude after they broke up
she is a 10 ,shes so good looking she could be a suprtmodel in her sleep
is that a coincidence?
if it is thats some coincidence
how come you dont see baseball stars marrying to a unattractive,obese woman?
i bet the women and henpeckd men are going to say that im am generalizing about all this
but its a little too much of a coincidence that 99.9999% of movie stars are walking around with gorgeous women on thier shoulder
and marrying them
why did supermodel donna dixon marry dan ackroyd ?becuase A.hes funny and has a good personality ? or B.becuase hes a successful movie star and millionaire?
i bet half the guys working at wendys have great personalities but they dont get to date donna dixon
 motodude66
Msg: 77
Would you marry someone just because they are rich ?
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:11:38 PM
if u met 2 guys, identical twins with very similar personalities
1 was a dr and the other worked as a janitor
if you could easily have either one
your gonna tell me u would chose the janitor?
cmon now
 motodude66
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:47:03 PM
you made alot of sense there magicjis1
i feel the same way
a freind of mine wont ever marry or have kids( of his own)
hes a very smart guy

he just wants long term relationships
he doesnt care if shes a single mom as long as shes nice

but its hard for him to find women cuz they all
 motodude66
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/25/2006 9:31:22 PM
oprah never looked good with 100 lbs of makeup on even when she was younger
shes not a good looking woman
trust me im a guy
 designingwoman
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 10:06:54 PM
Nope. Just money alone won't cut it.

The man would have to be compatible with me, and have similar goals and interests. He also must be willing to have a relationship based on mutual respect, trust, love, and shared values.

Rich people are just people, and they have varying attitudes, interests, and values. Some I would be interested in because of the common values, interests and are good people. If the guy is a good egg, then that appeals to me.

Others I would tell them to jump in a lake (most notably right-wing conservatives who care more about tax breaks or those who have businesses but are abusive toward their employees). Someone who is a jerk regardless of their financial stature would be told to VAMOOSE!

Now a guy who enjoys the Hamptons and would enjoy being with my favorite aunt in the whole wide world that's a HUGE bonus in my eyes, regardless of the guy's money situation.
My aunt is a sweetheart and if she gives the nod in your favor, you are in like Flynn!! Yes, the Hamptons are called "tony" for a good reason, they are GGGGRRRRREEEAAAT to paraphrase Tony the Tiger!!!

me at Montauk Point and here on this computer. Bad attitude, meanness, greed, selfishness, you will get thrown back. If you are kind, warm, honest and a good man, you are a keeper!
 Chantaz
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2006 7:14:46 AM
I wouldn't marry a man because he was rich. Yes it was be nice but mutual love, like
and enjoyable sex would be a must overall to marry. I wouldn't want someone who pretended
to love me just because I have money. That is very shallow.
 Kelleyisnice
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/26/2006 7:54:09 AM
No, I wouldn't.

Isn't there anyone on this this site that will admit the truth besides Adriana1986 and me. If you had the chance you would all marry someone that is very rich, perhaps not someone with just a few million, but if it was someone with real wealth you would. You would do it 11 times out of 10.

If you thought you had to have love, you would rationalize and tell yourself that you are in love.
 motodude66
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:22:01 AM
people do it all the time
the money comforts them quite well
if it gets too much for them they simply divorce the man and take half of what he has
so they are back to the way they were before( single) but a lot richer then when they starter
adriana and kelly are correct
if just about every single one on of the women out there were gorgeous enough to have the chance, and combine that with wanted an accustomed lifestyle, they will go after a rich guy every time
of course they would want to find one they can tolerate but still
rich guys dont have any trouble finding women
why is that?
if every woman was good looking enough to be able to compete with the other beautiful woman for a rich guys eye, and if they knew it,almost all would pursue a rich guy over a not rich guy anyday
cuz to women- guys are guys. it doesnt matter, so why not find a rich one rather than a poor one if they can.
thats how it works
it may sound cold, and unfair but its true
if u take alot of unattractive women and u ask them that question they will say they dont care for a rich guy
but thats only cuz the chances of them getting one and especially keeping one are so remote its not worth even trying
but if u give every single one of them a plastic surgery that turns them into supermodels,
do they think they are going to waste that new found beauty on the local janitor?
or a lawyer
ive seen it time and time again
the women who disagree are in denial or lying
and the men are henpecked and dont want to upset thier woman,or they want to impress other women by showing them they are not after money
but its true

my profile that sayd im a DR in it - more than dozen replies a week
my older profile that didnt say im a DR - one reply a week( if that
as you see,. you women reply to me more for a reason

and the ones who do are all good looking ( they think they can compete for me with other women)
and the ones who are not good looking en ough woundnt even try
and its not that they arent interested
becuase i contacted plennt of ugly women to test my theory and almost every single one of them reply back immediatly sounding interested( and surprised)

the other profile only a few of them were interested
see??
admit it
 nipoleon
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:01:18 AM
OK Adriana:

I appreciate your input and your outspokeness.
But since I can't e-mail you because of I don't meet your restrictions against smoking, I have to ask you this question here.

This is a little off the topic, but, would it matter to you if your BILLIONARE, wasn't a virgin ?
 nipoleon
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2006 12:22:28 PM
Don't worry Adriana, I'm not picking on you.
Your right, $100,000 is only middle class in todays world.
I guess I'm about $1,000,000.00 per yr. away from being pretty good look'n.
 motodude66
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:11:08 PM
bambiwoods,i dont even think you look like your pic . u only have one and ive seen plenty of fake ones out there
how come all the rich businessmen/celebrities almost always have gorgeous women and middle class and poor guys dont have it anywhere near as much?
explain that
if everything u said it true bambi then you are the exception that proves the rule
but if u met 2 guys with almost identical personalities and looks but 1 was a millionaire and the other was not i am positive u would get with the millionaire.
well women sometimes ignore finding the perfect soulmate if it meant to find a decent guy with money who they could tolerate
because they know, if they wanted to, they wont have to work a day in thier life or struggle
thats not being picky its just practicality for beautiful women
check out jose canseco? why is his ex wife gorgeous? how come every rich guy marries or dates women who can be classified as 9s or 10s?coincidence?

its not shallow
its just making thier life easier
and it happened all the time every day

just becuase you have a lot of rich guys who were after one thing and wouldnt say no that doesnt mean u are going to tell me that if u found a guy who had money and he looks the same and had a good personality , that u wouldnt take him over somsone with nearly same looks and personality and had a dead end job.
like i said if u do its becuase of 1 of 4 things:

1. u are a in the small minority who are beautiful and woudlnt care if u dated a bum maybe 2% of gorgeous women
2. you had your experience of rich guys and they just want u for a trophy gf or wife
3. you arent attractive enough to get a rich guy and u know it
4. your lying
5. your in denial

everyone else who looks gorgeous is going to marry a rich guy and not want for anything again,
sit out by the pool. sip ice tea, count her hubbys money, maybe take up a pottery class
, shop
get a part time job just so u dont get fat watchign jerry springer all d

welcome to the easy street

as i said
either conciously ot subconciously the guys who are in college going after a career that can make them alot of money (medicine/ business/law) arent really doing it for themselves

you think guys care if they drive a porsche??
nope
we would be happy with a volvo , honda as long as it safe,
we get a high paying career , cars clothes, money not for us its so we can get the best woman we can
we can be happy with being middle class
its all for the woman
thats all.
 motodude66
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:12:32 PM
ya magic,
oprah is an idiot . with all her money,shes fat shes thin, shes fat, shes thin
she could pay somsone to follow her around and throw fruit into her mouth all day long
 motodude66
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:30:41 PM
actually i meant women are in 1 of the 5 categories .
1, not all
but i dont think thats your pic bambi
it looks a little too professional to me and u only have 1
if u could show me an average pic it would look more realistic
guys have been fooled time and time again on here
usually when they come from russia or look extremely beautiful, look out
and thank you
u proved my point u are one of the 5 categories

ps.u can tell the fake ones when the picture is too professional and the woman too beautiful
its common sense guys.
if she was that beautiful she wouldnt NEED the personals

of they are not blurry and shot with perfect lighing chances are they are fake
and if she has only 1 thats also fake too
 nipoleon
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:25:52 PM
I think you are touching on a very good point.
The comments about Oprah, are very revealing. It's amazing that no matter how successful she is, people still seem to focus on how she LOOKS, how heavy she is, wheather or not she's pretty enough to get a man.
The same with Donald Trump. It's kind of a running joke that no matter how goofy he looks, or a jerk he may be. He still gets the babes because he's rich.
There are lots of perfectly successful and accomplished women in this world, yet there is a perception that no man would want them if they weren't good looking enough. And frankly a lot of men would still turn their nose up at a less than beautiful woman, no matter if she were as rich as the queen. And a lot of women would turn their noses' up at a perfectly charming, and hansom man, if he were dirt poor.
 nipoleon
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2006 10:28:49 AM
I think you'll find that is exactly what most people with real money do.

It's the people who want everyone to think they have money, that usually flash it around.
 Kelleyisnice
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:41:26 PM

adriana, I'm amazed at how unbelievably rude you were to Chantaz. The woman made a statement about her position on the subject and you have the audacity to tell her she would have no chance???? Oh yeah, you also said "I don't wish to be rude" Yes you did. That was your whole intention.

Adriana wasn't rude at all. The woman obviously made a false statement. No intelligent rational person would dispute that. Adriana simply pointed out that her statement was false. Nothing wrong with that. If anything, you are the rude person.
 nipoleon
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2006 5:21:20 PM
A lot of bragging goes on with women too, about sex. Quite a bit from the some of the women here on POF.
But this thread isn't about sexuality. It's about attraction between the sexes and how we treat eachother, and our predjudices toward eachother.
There are lots of people in loveless relationships and marriages who are not rich.
You don't need money to be miserable.
 designingwoman
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:00:13 AM
That's why I think compatibility in the relationship is more important than money.

Many old-money folks drive ancient cars and do what they can to "hide" that status. The flashy ones tend to be the "nouveau riche" (newly rich) and aren't used to having lots of money.

Regardless, I care more about having common interests with someone than his checkbook.
 motodude66
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:03:36 PM
i agree with all of that too ,magic, like i said u gotta tolerate the person get with even if hes rich
but alot of times they dont
going back to the point. any woman out there if they had an opportunity would consider a rich guy a ":great catch" rather than someone who was poor.

a gorgeous woman wont say to thier family and freinds, "wow i got a convenience store clerk!. hes such a great catch! i just so lucky!"

usually, the more attractive a woman gets the more picky she gets becuase she can get anyone she wants so why settle for a bum?
so why not be picky?

take an unattractive woman who is 350 lbs. do u think shes going to be real picky?
nope

its the law of the land

i do agree that women ask men out more often than say 40 yrs ago.

but most of the time,guys ask women out.

in reality, even in this day and age , even after womens liberation, a woman still doesnt need a good career, job, financial stability
she just has to look gorgeous and she will be fine
all she has to do is catch the eye of a rich guy who will take care of her
and thats it. she set for life if she marries him ( without a prenupt)

u take the average gorgeous woman: she walks into a bar/club. she can walk out with just about ANY man if she wanted to( if she threw himself at him) even if the guy is married. even if his wife is there with him sometimes( if he thought he could get away with it) there are exceptions but u get my meaning.

she doesnt have to look clean, dress well, drive a sports car( or a decent car),or have a good career to get a date w
just be beautiful. period
she doesnt have to be smart or charming or witty
just look good

but that doesnt work for a guy
we gotta have to be good looking, look clean, wear the right clothes, we gotta have the right car, say the right things, be charming ,have a good career

, and then, even then IF we are LUCKY, we may walk out of the bar/club with someone decent
the only time that the guy could leave with a financially stable woman herself is if she just is looking for a 1 nighter or a fling,she wouldnt be looking for a long term thing

so usually its the rich man getting with a poor woman

iheres a big double standard too. if a guy is good looking and financially stable. he wouldnt care if a woman was financially stable herself
but
if a woman is financially stable with a career, she wont get with someone who is at least financially stable
so like even after womens lib , and after men for years were taking care of women, now women wont ever return the favor( unless in rare circumstances - maybe she feels sorry for him or something)

all you successful woman out there who are financially secure: let me ask u, if you are pretty would u get with a poor guy even if he was was good looking? i bet the answer would be NO almost everytime ( unless u used him as a boy toy)
see
but a rich guy wouldnt just use a pretty girl as a toy, he could marry her
a well off attractive woman would rarely ever marry a poor guy. EVER.
ive seen it happen too many times
 SassySiamese
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:21:50 PM

Now I ask, do you have any female friends who have not had such moral fortitude and married just for money ?

Ahh... I know of two of my friends that have done this and they are absolutely miserable. It's obvious that it's a marriage of convenience only. And unfortunately they are paying the price dearly for it.
I wanted to answer this one before I responded to the original q. Now... to the original q - I won't do that simply because it's morally and ethically WRONG. What is the matter with someone marrying someone for the money when clearly they don't love the person whom they are marrying? Seems like an awlful lot to sacrifice just so you can go shoe shopping. Me - I'd rather be happy in love with someone than their money. Now - ask me about looks... that's a whole different thing. Honestly, I need to feel chemistry for another person and looks are a PART, but not ALL, of that chemistry. Not being vain, just honest. If you aren't attractive, chances are, chemistry isn't going to be there.
 motodude66
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/29/2006 10:17:49 PM
sometimes they justify it by telling themselves they can fall in love with a guy but he has to be rich to begin with
that way theres love there but the only reason the women ALLOWED themselves to love the guy in the first place is because one of the criteria she requires is that hes rich.
understand?
instead of loving any guy, rich or poor,. they will only love rich guys
thats how it works
thats how women justify thier actions
 motodude66
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:41:31 AM
ive noticed all the women who say they wouldnt marry for money.. only becuase they are not attractive enough to get a rich guy in the first place.
no offense to you ladies but lets be honest, u gotta be really good looking to catch a rich guy. they are in demand
and the other reason is,

and if they did want rich guys since they arent very good looking,( i mean a model type) they need to find true love becuase they cant keep a guy with thier looks so they make sure they guy had better love them to begin with! they know th is so they have to find true love with a regular guy

thats the 2 reasons why.. look at them no offense they are nice looking but not gorgeous enough to get or keep a man
and if u tried u would get disapointed
so they dont bother !!

rich guys have no trouble getting women and they arent all gold diggers! many are but alot of women have high standards and if they were good looking enough to get a rich guy, they would! and thats why alot of good looking women turn down so many men( i hear the stories from guys) and alot of th reason is ebcuase the guys arent as financially secure and the women want. so they WAIT women can be pretty patient creatures
sure i know women want somsoen who understands them,. can be emotionally attached to, etc
but women want that and both looks AND money combined!

its the nature of the beast survival of the fittest: top dog, etc
 nipoleon
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:24:39 AM
Maby I am a little cynical about this topic, even though I started it.

Living in Las Vegas tends to make a man cynical about things.
I personaly know women who have told me they wouldn't even think of going out with a man who wasn't prepared to spend a minimun of $600.00 on them, on one date.
Everything in this town is money, money, money.
I certaintly hope that in other towns across the country the girls are a little more reasonable.
 motodude66
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:39:12 AM
well thats pretty high
las vegas is made of money.

but most women wouldnt think of anywhere near that much elswhere, but they would want u to spend at least 100 bucks.
women dont really care how much u spend on them on date, just as long as u are financially secure so u are a possible suiter
women think of the big picture
they dont care if u take them to the Four Seasons on a date and spend 100 easy on them.
they just want u to be at least just as financiall secure as they are( or more)
the root of of the cause lies deep within a womans psyche.
let me explain
see women are lazy by nature ( no offense ladies but its true. u cant help it. its the way you are)
even thought they shouted for womens liberation all these years and they got it.( i think womens lib is a good thing) and they are all hard working now with jobs. they still dont want to work themselves to death like men do
they want men to work themselves to death

so even though womens lib came around and women want to be treated equal. they still want men to at least be just as finanacially secure
which is the biggest double standard in the world
its ok for men to take care of women for 1000's of years but when the table are turned, women wont put up with a man staying home like the women did all these years.they want somsone who can pull thier own weight and not depends on them( becuase women are lazy)
thats extremely unfair, but true
a successful man can get with a lazy woman with no job
but a successful women would never get with a lazy man with no job

its true that women will work hard anow and want to be independant( so they can come and go as they please and not be dependant on a man like 40 yrs ago)
but believe me they dont want to be working till they are 65
they want to work and be stable when they are young so they can date people and be financially secure so is not to latch on a man for success but once they find a decent man by the time they are 40 they want HIM to do alot of the work and be secure. so she can have babies while stay home and they wont be on welfare while doing it.

im sure some women ( and some henpecked men) would reply back all offended at my accusation. and deny it,thinking im delusional or wrong, but ive seen this time and time again.
face it,
but if u do theres a readon why u are denying it and its mainly becuase you know you cant get a rich guy.

but none of u can deny that getting with a man who has money to support u for mthe rest of your life is a bad thing

so there u go. the secret of life was just explain to you all.
 nipoleon
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2006 12:15:53 PM
I should clarify what I just stated in that I work in a business where I see a lot of prostitutes and call girls ( hookers ). The better looking a girl is the more money she can command. And there are no shortage of men who will pay for the arm trophy. Personaly I think that's the real pitiful part of it. It's the attitude of the men, not so much the girls. I can see why a girl would do it ( for the money). I can't see why a man would stoop to it. Like paying someone to be your friend for a while. It's really very degrading in my opinion.
I would much much rather have the ugliest woman on earth who really likes me, than the most beautiful woman who secretly despises me.
Now, don't take that personally girls, I'm not talking about you, I'm being objective, it's purely as an example. I think your all beautiful. I don't hang out with ugly people. Please don't kill me !!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you marry someone just because they are rich ?[closed]