Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Fear of being alonePage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
If you're going to be with someone just because you fear being alone, well ... I can't think of a worse reason to get into a relationship.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 9
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/12/2006 1:55:05 PM
i don't think it's the worst reason. i think getting involved with someone to produce a child then murder said child for the insurance would be worse.

i think it's a good prompt to maybe to get a little introspecty and see what's up. i mean like eveyone said alone and lonely are different.

maybe after your period of introspection you decide what's wrong or right with you and are then able to find someone.

so indirectly being lonely put you in a relationship
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 11
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/12/2006 2:04:37 PM
i read a lot of true crime. usually the kid was there THEN they got the idea but ya never know, chances are if it's been thought of....it's been done
 Frrosty
Msg: 15
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:17:32 PM
No; I do not think I would reach out for fear of being alone. I would reach out because I do not WANT to be alone.

Fear is not in the equation here.

when is it too late to turn and pick up a passanger

never.

settling

IS good.

settling down

Is not.
 Frrosty
Msg: 19
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/12/2006 6:42:49 PM
I should clarify because someone challenged me on my views of "settling".

"Settling", to me, is what the settlers did. They built a home and life for themselves.

"Settling Down", to me, is settling for less than you had your sights on or less than you were before.

I prefer to "settle up" or, simply..

"settle".

We can work at "up"...from there.
 Bandito
Msg: 21
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/12/2006 11:37:49 PM
This post just makes me want to get drunk
 Bandito
Msg: 24
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/14/2006 8:28:43 AM
I did get drunk and I woke up hung over but still alone
 Peachy77
Msg: 25
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/14/2006 8:47:10 AM
I'm not crazy about being alone, but I'm pretty good at it. I think that makes a big difference.
 Bandito
Msg: 27
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/15/2006 10:20:22 PM
I am so scared of being alone I have life size cardboard cut-outs of everyone I have ever known. That way each night I can pick out someone to visit me
 thatgirl_next_door
Msg: 30
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/16/2006 10:33:19 AM
You know... I have no fear of being alone because regardless of my marital status, I surround myself with friends and family. As far as what my needs are in a mate, while I'm not going to say that physical attraction isn't important (it is!)... I'd say my physical attraction is based more on intellectual and emotional compatibility than it is on whether or not a guy is "hot". The more interested I am in a guy for who he is, the more attractive he is to me. Sexy isn't just a physical state to me... it's also a state of mind. So do I think settling down is ever settling? Not for me!
 Bandito
Msg: 34
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:35:26 PM
The best thing about being schizophrenic is that I'm never alone

Here is something cute I came across

Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are depressed, it doesn't matter which number you press. No one will answer.
If you are delusional and occasionally hallucinate, please be aware that the thing you are holding on the side of your head is alive and about to bite off your ear.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 37
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/17/2006 12:07:58 AM
@ the OP

Being ALONE and being LONELY are 2 entirely different things,
you cannot expect somebody else to fulfill your needs,
first accept yourself as you are otherwise you are not ready for a relationship,
if you cannot love yourself you cannot love somebody else,
settling for someone incompatible just to fill the slot is the worst thing you can do for the both of you..

Take out a piece of paper and write down "10 reasons why I dont need a woman right now"
Review those reasons honestly-they may suprise you.
 Bandito
Msg: 38
Fear of being alone
Posted: 1/17/2006 7:19:51 AM

If your over 40 and a male I usually see you and someone who cannot commit and a player.

ACK! Let me help you take another strip off my back

If I was to say something so grossly generalized and unfair about the 40+ women here I would have a linch mob attacking me without mercy

I guess I am edjucated and respectful enough that I would never do that, so it be nice if others didn't either.

Bana-dito
 ahmus-luxor
Msg: 40
Fear of being alone
Posted: 2/1/2006 8:10:33 AM
I hope to be a friend of yours .
 sddude
Msg: 43
Fear of being alone
Posted: 7/22/2006 5:48:26 PM
I am the most adorable guy any girl will ever meet, I am not afraid of being alone , I have so many friends but my pinky winky is afraid of being alone , hehehehehe
 Roonil Wazlib
Msg: 52
Fear of being alone
Posted: 8/18/2006 2:36:23 PM
I settled......... once.

Not so good to be 'with' someone and be lonely. It's great to be with someone and have alone time but never be lonely :)
 Ron9
Msg: 63
Fear of being alone
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:32:31 PM
I’ve never had much of a problem being alone.

Even when I was a young guy and did not have a gf - I went ALONE looking for potential matches vs hanging out with the guys.

I was married most of my life but ...... still don’t have a problem being alone.

I have worked alone for ....... most of the last 33 years. Just sitting in an office with computers and telephones.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >