Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is It Cheating If Its Only Online????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KenF
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Is It Cheating If Its Only Online????Page 14 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

IMO: is being on POF or another site, while in a relationship considered cheating, not if you've hidden your profile, and indicated not single/not looking etc. But , if one is actively shall we label it " shopping " with or without the profile modifications, then I do consider that cheating.

I'm the guy that welshgal is concerned about. My profile on here has been set to "not single/not looking" same with CK, I just do some voting there. My lava profile has been set to be hidden from all other users.

Ken
 reinouir
Msg: 62
Is It Cheating If Its Only Online????
Posted: 1/23/2007 6:47:26 PM
I struck up a conversation with an older lady at the bar last weekend. She was trying to drown her memory of her most recent marriage with alcohol. She had mentioned to me that her ex husband was messing around behind her back and that that previous week had caught the two in the act at a hotel. She further went on to tell me that this all started on the internet through IM'ing.

So IMHO, I think its cheating.

-Jim
 countess_rose
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/10/2007 6:06:28 AM
once a cheater always one,
i feel.
why then would you be within a relationship, if you need some sort of Buzz Via Online?
Why not just be a single player?

I just do not understand when these taken people say its all in fun and games"
why can they not have these type of games with there other half?
to me it's cheating and very missleading...i could never do anything so Hurtful to someone i loved deeply.
ether way it's very wrong.
 chrylann
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:46:15 PM
It's not cheating.
 3b83
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/6/2008 11:16:45 PM
I think its cheating too. That is a horrible thing to do. How would they feel if they were being done like that? I think that its only a matter of time until the online thing wont be enough and meetings and hookups will start happening. Its like smoking. You start off with a few a day until you have a 4 pack a day habit
 yigenuren
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/22/2008 4:49:42 PM
They real question is, how does it make you feel?

If it doesn't make you feel good in your relationship, then you should confront him on the issue of your satisfaction...not his actions. Live for you.

How long do you intend to feel bad about it or what kind of mind must you develop to accept behavior you don't like. It doesn't sound healthy to excuse the behavior.

Personally, I wouldn't deal with that at all.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/23/2008 12:15:08 PM
Yes in my opinion- mind is just as powerful as the body....the beauty of a relationship between two people is the intimacy...once that has been shared with others even in mind as an intimate moment...you have broken that bond by sharing yourslf with another.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:09:47 PM
Unless the two have an agreement about it - it's cheating.
 Minau
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/23/2008 10:51:34 PM
Yes...turning to someone else for intimacy or even emotional support...absolutely.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/24/2008 12:31:11 AM
Depends on what you do with the other person online.

Casual conversation... Sure, you're allowed to. Everyone in the world does that.

Flirting and pursuing someone.... You're kind of in shady territory if you ask me.

Cybersex..... This is cheating. This is f--king messing around on your spouse.
 Tammy the cat
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/24/2008 2:16:02 AM
Its definitely cheating,no to ways about it.Any intimate talk to help out,should be done by the partner. I guess only if you are into couple swapping as a joint thing,an its ok by your partner,then you cant really say its cheating.
 Major_canadian
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2008 5:52:49 PM
why is everyone so quick to assume that it's her bf that's the one doing the cyber sex, it might be crzygrl doin the freak.

i will say this though, if you can't have your mate view what you do over the internet, it's probably cheating.
 smoranean
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2008 6:19:42 PM

How about if they say to these people "my gf/bf are gone to bed and I'm really horny....wanna help me out?"
Is that "technically" cheating or not??

If all parties are aware of the mutual relationship and happy to share, then it is not cheating but perhaps more just plain lack of self-control and selfishness.

If, on the other hand, the r/l friend and online friend do not know each other, then wouldn't that be classified as deceitfulness? Cheating = disnonesty = sneaky and it's rather inhumane behaviour towards somebody one claims to care for. It's also possible that false promises can be made to the online friend as well, so it's effectively double-cheating if you don't tell both your friends about each other.

Typically it seems, a cheat may use a computer at her workplace to conduct an online relationship, but refrain from posting from home to conceal the identities of the r/l partner and the online partner from each other.

This can be entertaining for all for a limited time, but the end is likely to be a win-lose-lose or else a lose-lose-lose triangle.

Don't play around behind your lover's back, and that includes online romance just the same as real life.

(I know, a bit of a motherhood statement that, sorry folks. )
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/24/2008 8:21:53 PM
yes! yes! yes! yes!yes! yes! yes! What is mine is mine and what is yours is yours!!
IT IS COMPLETELY DISHOHEST AND DECEPTIVE TO YOUR PARTNER
Disrespectful and hurtful
 smoranean
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2008 8:41:47 PM

IT IS COMPLETELY DISHOHEST AND DECEPTIVE TO YOUR PARTNER

Capitalised point taken.

As the online component in such a threesome recently, it was a deterrent when she let it slip out one night, and it took a week to recover for both of us, albeit not entirely IMHO.

How did she manage to keep me online after I found out about her r/l bf?

"Ima leave him anyway! "

"Did you plan on leaving him before or after we met?"

"Umm, aah, err, before!"

"Okay then", I replied in my own lovesick stupidity.

You see, some people have a tendency to avoid loneliness, and seek to move from one worn out relationship to a new one without the expense of having to be single in between. In those circumstances, the Internet provides an excellent means of making your new bed before you have to lie in it, but both times I've been the unwilling usurper of someone else's throne, once for real and most recently online, the karma has been quite reliable.

Once a cheater, always a cheater. The Internet just saves a few dollars on clandestine phone calls and travelling expenses. Please excuse me while I go and have a good cry over the way that going along with someone who wants to cheat on her partner has always come back to get me just the same eventually.

It pays to remember that there is no difference between cyberspace and other aspects of life. It's more convenient for lazy office workers with private cubicles, but just as real and far more well-documented on here, and we ought not be so ignorant of the technology as to take liberties that we would be afraid of in real life.
 Cynderella
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2008 11:54:53 AM
Back in the day cheating was a cause for divorce but with todays technology it has allowed cheating without touching.

Dear Bill Gates,
Here my Idea for a new software...
The Cheating Virus...
It sprays ink from the keyboard
and corrupts your comp!
So we all know where you been!
 Pandy
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/27/2008 2:43:57 PM
Every couple has their own standard as to what is cheating. Ideally, you should have discussed this before you became exclusive. Anything that crosses the line that you drew together is cheating.
 bigdogric
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/7/2008 5:09:43 PM
If you are not telling your mate and hiding it and it feels like you have to keep it hidden , YOUR CHEATING
 canadianGAL101
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:20:13 PM
My opionion is .. If your doing it behind your partners back...then yes.

I am married.. and i have been CHATTING ON LINE for over 10 years. I actually met my husband in a LYCOS CHAT ROOM back in 98. I still to this day chat. I love to talk.. and learn about other peoples lives .. cultures.. lifestyles. Hubby knows that i enjoy this and is ok with it. IF HE WERE TO SAY.. Sarah instead of staying up to chat tonight .. why dont you come to bed.. HANDS DOWN im in bed with him.

however.. i feel you can get EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED to people on the net.. EVEN WITHOUT trying. If you are sharing alot of personal info. But as long as ur open and honest with your partner.... it is all good.

To me CHEATING is going out and having sex with someone. Or going out with people of the oposite sex and lying to your partner about it.

there is my 2 cents :)

Sarah in Edmonton
 Flaccid P. Nuss
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:25:03 PM
Only if fluids reach the keyboard.
 gorgehornbrook
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/8/2008 4:49:36 PM
Absolutely not! The idea is to reach out and learn more about yourself and others. What 'secretly' turns you on and what doesn't. It's not the things you do in life you regret it's the things you don't do. And, for what it's worth who wrote the book of rules? Most people are "condition" to believe and obey the rules they were brought up to believe are true. If you love cyber sex then go for it - keep it your own little secret. You were born to enjoy life and live it not be bound by stupid religiously inspired expectations! Enjoy XXX
 SueCat51
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2008 5:38:17 PM
It's cheating (IMO), if it is something that I won't say or do in front of my mate. In other words, would I be able to send an email to some stranger saying "would you help me out, I'm horny", if my S/O was standing over my shoulder? If you've got to hide it, lie about it, or if it takes time away from the relationship, it's cheating.
 tiptoeburglar
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:25:20 PM
Who pays for the internet?

If he pays for it, it's cheating and he's an idiot.
If you pay for it, it's cheating and you're both idiots.

I'm mainly interested in finding out who's forking out the money to facilitate it.
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/20/2008 6:18:18 PM
Men and women..... women and men can talk to each other without it having to be sexual or flirty or whatever like that... If they mention their horny, want you to help them out, flirt, expose themselves on cam, things like that I would concider cheating.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is It Cheating If Its Only Online????