Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 6
How important is dressing up for dates or in relationships?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I expect clean and neat....nothing more. I am not a "high maintenance" sort of woman....so dates don't usually require more than casual wear.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 8
How important is dressing up for dates or in relationships?
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:32:04 AM
When I lived in Florida...I wore shorts, tanks, bikinis and minis

Would think that would be still the same today
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:38:48 AM
I would rather my date was comfy...just as I would want to be...I think it also tells you more about the person, and I'm more one for laid back and comfy...or naked if appropriate.
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:53:33 AM
i think it would depend solely on the person you're dating. i like clothes. i love buying them wearing them mixing and matching them talking about them sharing them blah blah blah

my date can wear whatever he wants as long as it's not embarassing
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2006 6:59:28 AM
Sometimes I sport my "bra" and my men don't seem to mind... (Just not always so comfy though). I usually prefer to show off my grill....
 arri
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:57:29 AM
One of my deal breakers ... is no taste or sense of style in a partner

I guess, it is important to me.
 sammysalt1
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/13/2006 8:03:12 AM
It would depend on what you were doing.
You don't want to look like the bag lady, unles the person you are going with looks like that. Are your going to ruin your cloths doing something off the wall on a first date. (Some first dates are messy.) Example: some people act like kids on their first date. How many people swung on a swing in the park on a first date, and ended up playing in the dirt with little kids, just because you got talked into it, as something funny. Pushing the merry go round.
Most people dress to impress people, and don't let the true them show threw. I say first date be something fun. To heck with dressing up. Each to their own. my first date days are long gone. So good luck to all of you.
 sammysalt1
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/13/2006 8:25:31 AM
I like to see men in a nice suit from time to time, but it has never been a requirment when dating. Jeans and a nice t shirt works for me. Now holes in the crouch, and there ass hanging out, would make me want to buy them a pair of jeans to wear. If that was their style then. I would pass on them. If I was single that is. Don't like to look at people butt cracks, and balls hanging out. Yes some people don't know when to throw their favoret jeans away. Hint, if they are like that. Its time.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 12:28:43 PM
My ex shopped at Goodwill; and he looked like it. When we first got together, it wasn't like that, but I think he just got lazy, then when the coke took over, he had no money to buy clothes, it all went for drugs.

The dude I'm hanging out with now is a SHARP dresser; it's funny, he's usually just in jeans and a button down (black most of the time) but he looks REALLY sharp, and I love that; it's the boots and the pocketwatch on the chain, plus the chain and padlock around the neck, the silver thumb ring, the whole look; (not that I'm biased or anything )

I have a closetful of nice things and I wear em; I also have a rubbermaid tote full of old crappy stuff, and I wear that too, just not out in public...

So I guess you could say yeah, it's pretty important...

Fry
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >