Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nipoleon
Msg: 43
view profile
History
GUYS!!! If you met the right woman, could you wait for the sex till marriage?Page 2 of 157    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I could not imagine a more horrible thing than finding out on my wedding night that I'd just married someone who couldn't learn to have good sex if we lived forever.
 Im_on_fire
Msg: 45
view profile
History
GUYS!!! If you met the right woman, could you wait for the sex till marriage?
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:26:52 PM
@ -Aussie Buff-

Once you test drive the lay , do you decide if she's worth the money? Guys with that must test drive first attitude are what keeps them single for years and complaining they get turned down.

I'm interested to know what parameters she must meet to be a successful test drive?
 Im_on_fire
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:30:12 PM
@ nipoleon

After one night or two, how can you determine if she couldn't learn? Do you know some women havent learned good sex because the guy she lived never explored sensuality with her? It was the same old thing and no variety. Maybe a woman who is lacking will want to learn. Why not be the teach and have fun with the student.
 popie
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/15/2006 11:03:00 PM
nope, wouldnt even act like it. now its one thing if shes a virgin, which u wont find anymore unless you're in junior, but its another thing if shes trying to prove a point to herself, or expect you to go through something she didnt make any other man go through. men have egos, and can u imagine how a man is supposed to feel knowing another man has been there, but he cant, aint happening.
 awestruck
Msg: 48
 joesch
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/16/2006 12:41:31 AM
I would probably die waiting but absolutely I would wait.
 nipoleon
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:22:47 AM
Some people are trainable, some people just arn't. Does she show promise, or am I going to end up cheating on her the rest of my life ? I'll go find someone else, I know I will, I've seen me do it !
 pointguard1
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:01:53 AM
I would have alot of respect for her it would show me she is a strong willed person and yes I would rather wait till I got married because I think to many people use sex as an excuse to get out of a relationship, I heard someone say would buy a car with a test drive, I said that a car and a test drive has nothing to do with your mate and sex, needless to say I am not thought of as popular for my stand on this subject, but being popular is not what I want, I want a woman who respects me as much as I do her, I would have to wait till marriage. I have had sex with one girl and thought wwe would get married, so if I never have sex again it is ok, but I would rather sex be with a speacial lady for the rest of my life, be strong and courageous, we have the heart of a lion, and can be as meek as a lamb
 kce33
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/16/2006 8:26:58 AM
well if i met a woman and she was everything i wanted and was fun to be with and do things together, yes i could and i would wait until she was ready, BUT i would get my sex somewhere else, hell thats common practice if the guys are honest about that but they aren't going to tell you that and take a chance on loosing the relationship....
sex just seals the deal.....

kce
 molonel
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:05:01 PM

So I'm interested in how many men would wait till marriage if they met the right woman? Even if you were both NOT virgins, do you think you could wait if that was her choice?

Quite simply, no. Sexual compatibility is important to me. I'm more than a bit of a freak, and although I'm not going to quote the old saw about test-driving the car, I need to know for CERTAIN that her tastes and my tastes aren't going to clash dramatically.

Sex is important. If she's a missionary 1/missionary 2, sorry I don't do BJ and please turn off the lights because I'm embarassed sort of girl, then no, I'm sorry, this isn't going to work. I know some people have said you can change those sorts of things over time, and broaden the other person's mind, but I think that is rather presumptuous. I wouldn't want a woman coming into a marriage thinking, "That's okay, I'll change him later" and I wouldn't enter into a marriage with the same thoughts about her, either.

Also, what if you went on a first date and the girl tells you she's waiting for marraige, how would you react? Not ever call her again? Or maybe stick around?

We might go out again, but I'd know right then and there that it would probably only be a friendship, at most.
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:48:53 PM
Ok, first part I would say no. I dont believe in having lots of sex partners but i think that at this point in my life it would be difficult to have a relationship that had no sex in it. It might not be the most important part of a relationship but it is a part of being intimate and forming a bond. Im not saying sex has to be a go from the start. I have dated women where we didnt have sex for a while. Just didnt rush into it. I usually go at the womans pace. I see no need to rush into sex. Dont get me wrong I am a man like any other but I find that its just better to wait until she is ready.

I have met women that do feel the need to wait until marriage. I havent had them as girlfriends but that was not the deal breaker. Usually somsome other reason which may have to do with it. Like being very religious. I'm not and I respect others choice to believe but I cant be with someone that is very religious.

Lastly while a virgin sounds nice in theory in practice I want someone that has an idea of what to do and what works for them.
 boxer2931
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/17/2006 9:33:05 AM
It is a mutual decision based upon respect and admiration and the beliefs of both parties involved.
 1inamillion7
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/17/2006 9:53:11 AM
My Father always told me this as a young woman. " If a man can get milk for free.. Why should he buy the cow?"
 Witchypoo
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/17/2006 10:00:03 AM

I'm not saying you can't do other things, but the actual intercourse...could you wait for it?

Ah Taran...... you are still quite young.

B.l.o.w. jobs = sex.
Snackin at the Y = sex
Anal = sex

You see where I'm going with this??? If you're giving up all the rest, you might as well go for the brass ring.

From a clairvoyant womans point of view. The right person includes ALL facets of a relationship, including........ SEX!!

Let's play Devil's Advocate for a bit. Let's say a certain man falls in love with the "right" woman and he decides she's worth it enough to wait for the perverbial wedding night. Now let's say a year down the road, their sex life SUX!!! Wouldn't it have been more fair to the relationship to find out if you click in the sexual arena as well??

Let's face it...... sex pretty much makes up about 90% of a relationship and anybody who feels differently is most likely lying.

I personally feel that if some woman is going to throw down the "sorry you have to wait until we're married" rule, there is most likely some real problems/hang ups in that arena. I have known plenty of men is sexless marriages and trust me..... it is not a good thing. If you're mans not happy in the bedroom than chances are his misery will branch out into other realms of his life including his health.

Are there exceptions to the rules???? Of course there are but not many. Come on girls..... stop playing the hold out game and give you're man the whole goods. Wouln't it be so much better to find out you're the right woman in all areas??? Life is way to short for that stupid little game. Fuk your men girls, if you won't somebody else will.

:))

Witchy
 Witchypoo
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/17/2006 10:19:16 AM
Ah Mystrious..... you've probably never had a serious case of Blue Balls before. When you do???? You will surely change your tune guaranteed!!! Ask any man.

:))
Witchy
 molonel
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:19:02 AM

I plan on waiting until I get married myself... I suppose I am one of the few mature guys here, even though I am still in high school.

Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back there, sport.

I am really lost on why most guys can't last a month or two without sex. If you love someone, you can wait until you get married. If you can't wait, you don't love her.

While that's a nice platitude, I grew up in a religious subculture that valued, nay worshipped, virginity. Anyone who arrived at the altar with a popped cherry was considered damaged goods. It made for a lot of guilt, shame and didn't inspire a healthy, natural sex life in anyone that I knew, personally.

You seem to be missing the point, here. The question wasn't, "Can you go a month or two without sex?" The original question was, "Could you marry someone without having sex first?" That implies a much longer commitment - like oh, say, LIFE - than one or two months.

Presumably, you want to marry someone you are compatible with, yes? Or are you going to have your parents arrange your marriage for you?

Sex is just another area of compatibility. I've been married, kid. And divorced. Trust me. It's easy to SAY sex isn't important. It's a far different thing to live without it, or be incompatible with someone who feels vastly different about sex than you do.

Perhaps the reason I can go without sex is because I haven't had any before.

Ya think?
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:22:20 AM
Yes I could wait...wouldn't want to....but I could do it for the right woman
 singlemeout
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:36:37 AM
Hi yes i can because sex to me means alot,to me i have to be in love with that person to have it ,its just makes the first time more important to me and her .Guess i am old fassion but its very important to me in that way.Sex is something that two people who are in love that sends it to the clouds and most woman do get a person that can really romance her to that point hope this heled you alittle.Buy it is from my herat and no one else's.
 YamIhere
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2006 12:26:12 PM
I wouldn’t bother sticking around. Are you going to buy a car without a test drive? Sign a mortgage without checking out the home? Hell no! This is how people end up married to transvestites.
 xxxsxey
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/17/2006 12:55:18 PM
Does really matter? if the chemistry is there everything else will fall into place!!
 awaitingyu
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/17/2006 1:01:52 PM
@DCW...

Sexual compatability is part of "chemistry" hello...lol ugh

chemistry isn't just "do we get along" ..no wonder... lol

Like I said before, if you both are so into each other, love each other, and want to continue beyond....you wouldn't deprive the other person of anything related to living fullfilled and as one.....being as one together means everything as a whole, not bits and pieces....and again, it depends on if you are 18 or if you are 33.....18 you haven't lived and experienced, 33 you have....there's more toleration there at 33.....

but the intention is what I would have to question...
 BarnBabe
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/17/2006 4:27:50 PM
^^ Unfortunately for people like me, that's the common sentiment.
 molonel
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/17/2006 4:41:32 PM

Does really matter? if the chemistry is there everything else will fall into place!!

Unfortunately, experience dictates that is not always the case.
 earthie1
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:43:03 AM
Well, this thread has sure brought out some interesting things about men. She's worth marrying (for life), but not worth waiting for? I wonder how many understand what marriage is really about? Thanks to the person that started the topic. It's an eye opener for sure.
 fallenshadow25
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:57:56 AM
I Can wait and have been waiting, it's not easy finding a woman who will wait either.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >