Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DivineBovine
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Do you have a totem animal??Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
i double dog dare y'all to take a wild guess what mine is!!!!

DivineBovine
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Do you have a totem animal??
Posted: 1/15/2006 11:47:34 AM
but it *is* a cow!

i have so many of the darn things!

Greanize
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/16/2006 5:24:15 AM
I am a cat...a purring, contented, happy cat! If I am upset, I can get feisty, cornered I snarl or run...just think of a cat and you got me in spades! I always have had cats in my life and I see so many qualities in myself that make me think of a cat and my friends see it too. My closest girlfriend calls me Bonnie the cat!

A few years back I was the manager of a Blockbuster Video. One day I was conducting some job interviews with my assistant managers. I let the assistants conduct the bulk of the interview but when they were about concluded, they turned to me to see if there was anything they missed in their questions. I had only one question and when I asked it, I was looked at like I had an extra head. These candidates thought I was going to ask some deep question that would make their nervous tension bust the seams, but I looked each candidate in the eye and asked: If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

I learned more from that question then the assistants did in all their questions combined.... How so you wonder?

One gal said to me she would be a swan because they start as ugly ducklings and turn into graceful elegant creatures...everything I am not!
I saw no self confidence in her from that response and combined with other answers, she did not get hired.
Another gal said she was a Wolf...they run in packs, work as a team, and mate for life!
I saw a strong self assured woman who was going places and I passed her resume on to my boss. She was hired into our management training program.
Another kid said he was a crow! Sleek and black, cunning and sharp...able to scratch a living out of nothing. a survivor! He was hired!
I use the animal comparison a lot and it truely is amazing what it reveals about a person.
 vivienne3
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:03:41 AM
Actually there is at least one book out there on "totem animals". I have "Earth Medicine, A Shamanic Way to Self Discovery" by Kenneth Meadows, 1989, Element Books Limited, Shaftesbury, Dorset SP7 8BP (ISBN 1-85230-117-1).

He lists the following 12 totems:

1. 21 March - 19 April, Awakening Time: Falcon
2. 20 April - 20 May, Growing Time: Beaver
3. 21 May - 20 June, Flowering time: Deer
4. 21 June - 21 July, Long Days Time: Woodpecker
5. 22 July - 21 Aug., Ripening Time: Salmon
6. 22 Aug. - 21 Sept., Harvesting Time: Brown Bear
7. 22 Sept. - 22 Oct., Falling Leaves Time: Crow
8. 23 Oct. - 22 Nov., Frost Time: Snake
9. 23 Nov. - 21 Dec., Long Nights Time: Owl
10. 22 Dec. - 19 Jan., Renewal Time: Goose
11. 20 Jan. - 18 Feb., Cleansing Time: Otter
12. 19 Feb. 20 March, Blustery Winds Time: Wolf

His system is based upon the Cherokee-Metis Medicine. There are as many different medicine wheels as there are tribes. You may be able to find one that suits you to a T
 d-belle
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:33:56 AM
So I'm a Salmon???? Pink and nice on the grill.
 Beowolf
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:45:44 AM
Yes in fact I have 3 one for each element
eagle - air
tiger - land
dolphin- water
 :
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 1:04:01 PM
I always thought I was a penguin or a platypus, if I can chose an invertebrate I am gonna have to go with some kind of squid...

The above post several up suggests that due to my birth date I am some kind of pecker, (which strictly speaking is probably kind of accurate) seriously though Wood Peck her she won't even talk to me, heh heh heh ... I know I am hilarious.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >