Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WannaTasteIt
Msg: 262
Circumsized or not circumsizedPage 4 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
Dani girl, I hate to tell you, and I'm sure some men here can attest, some girls p_ssies smell like piss and sweat too...It's all about hygene!
 WannaTasteIt
Msg: 265
Circumsized or not circumsized
Posted: 6/23/2006 11:14:34 AM
that would be like asking a girl with long loose "flaps" to go get them cut down! Certainly doesn't sound too pleasant...I know you're not asking the guy to go get cut and it's just a preference...just trying to draw a parallel...I am cut, but after reading the procedure there's no way in hell I'd go get it down...Even if Pam Anderson asked me...well maybe Pam
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 270
Posted: 6/23/2006 12:54:51 PM

Besides...once they're hard anyway....does it really matter?

I'm 'cut' but I've often wondered just what sex would be like if I weren't. Afterall the region of my penis where a foreskin should be is the most sensitive. And from little I've read on the subject men who are cut are less sensitive cause their head is constantly in contact with something rather than protected.

Personally I think its a very barbaric tradition that needs to stop. Should I have a son one day I don't want the choice made for him.
 *buzz*
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2006 6:29:25 AM

I can't see this issue as just being about how a penis looks when these are the potential consequences, just as I don't see the sense of a woman dying while under general anasthetic because she wanted bigger boobs, which also happens

Why to tinker with what Mother Nature provided ... and with its natural, yet different shape or size, purpose?!

The message was: you cut off a lot of nerves, and the guy lose sensitivity

Hey, and trying to control these intact nerves' endings is fantastic "merry go round"

I'd like to think that if I go back home to Europe I will find that people there still generally do the research before they accept that the herd is right...I hope I'm right

In my part of the world (country of my origin) and can talk only on behalf of my generation, people 'do think twice before they leap' under surgeon's scalpel.

Hygiene!
 cotter
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2006 12:29:56 PM
Well I have been with both and I would say preferance wise I prefer circumsized just for the fact its cleaner (with my uncircumsized boyfriend I would constantly get yeast and bladder infections.
I just posted something similar to this in "Adult Circumcisions" (msg. 96).

Right now, I have to say that I also prefer a circumcised gentleman. If I do end up with an uncircumcised gentleman, then I just let him know how sensitive I am. However, I would never put a partner under pressure to have it done for my sake.

Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2006 12:08:11 AM
Really give this a lot of thought. I had to be circimsized at age 21. I had a problem with an infection (internal) when recovering from a near fatal car accident at 18.

It hurt like hell. As most are aware, men get an automatic non sexual erection while sleeping, at least sometimes. Now imagine having stitches in that area that will open (dig into) the incision (the stitches will remain as when not erect) if you do get an erection.

There may be ways to avoid that now (I am now 58). But if not, be prepaired for being very sore for a while.
 Norm286
Msg: 301
Posted: 7/5/2006 1:59:38 PM
Because it freaking kills getting it done when your older, you dont remeber it when your a baby.
 Norm286
Msg: 302
Posted: 7/5/2006 2:01:21 PM
It was adapted by european cultures to try and stop masturbation, and it is also cleaner to have it circumsized
 captainbaud
Msg: 307
Posted: 7/6/2006 7:19:01 PM
I left my son uncut, even though I am. Why? Because it's not a choice I can make for him. It's his body. It would be unethical for me to modify it in any way.

Besides, the one thing that has always shot down any criticism I've received from my family/friends for not having it done to him is this statement:

"If girls can be taught how to keep themselves clean, so can boys."

Think about it. A woman's genitalia can get WAAAAAAAAY more unhygenic than a man's can... yet the vast majority have no problem keeping themselves in good shape. Why? Because they are taught how as little girls. Just teach a little boy how to regularly clean himself, and it'll carry through the rest of his life.

If kept clean, there is no statistically significantly greater risk of disease, cancer, etc.

Besides, the foreskin serves an important function during sex. It reduces the necessity for as much lubrication as it acts somewhat like a sleeve with ball-bearings. It's called the 'gliding mechanism' and it makes for much smoother intercourse.

True, uncircumcised penises tend to be more sensitive, and therefore the owner of such may not have as much staying power... but hey, if that's a problem, throw on a condom (as one should be using anyway if not in a monogamous relationship) and now the gliding mechanism is disabled, and you essentially have a circumcised penis for the duration.
 cotter
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2006 5:10:32 PM
Ochun ...

My problem is oral sex, I just can't get passed that musky smell.
Yes ... that could be a problem even if the gentleman has just stepped out of the shower ... some men just emit a real heavy musk odor.

Try a scented soap for him ... one to your liking. There are lots of "men's" soaps that it occurs to me may have been designed because that problem exists. Also, there are men's body sprays.

However, if you are allergic to scents (and some folks really are), the above would be a problem you really don't want to deal with while attempting to have fun with your guy.

I have some noseclips I'll gladly send your way ... just say the word. You should not have to be missing out on that kind of fun because of that "pesky" musk odor. I'm not making fun of you ... I believe you when you say the smell bothers you.

bfrazier
Msg: 314
Posted: 7/10/2006 7:58:42 PM
I am circumsized and thankful for it. the turtleneck has no real function. it just gets dirty and needs to be cleaned throughly. guys who aren't circumsized can get yeast infections and other nasty $h!t if they're not careful. And its easier on a baby than an adult because of stiffies, you're not supposed to get it up for days and sex is off for awhile after too. and another bonus is the visual trick of making it look bigger when cut. so knock it if you want but it is more sanitary.
 TJ4U
Msg: 315
Posted: 7/10/2006 8:21:52 PM
would u just cut off your ears if you didnt want to wash them? cmon people lets realize what year this is, everybody showers daily and probably more..it has never ever raised any health problems and all my lovers have never complained..just had to rant a bit..anyways its how u use it that satisfies or not..think happy thoughts everyone..
 bfrazier
Msg: 321
Posted: 7/11/2006 9:16:08 AM
It's not just the cleanliness issue there are other parts of the body that are removed for medical purposes who's evolutionary purpose no longer exist, the apendix, tonsils, moles and many others is that barbaric. I had a birthmark removed because it could become cancer, well I'd rather have the scar and not cancer than the birthmark and cancer. I'm not saying just because it was there that it would become malignent but there was a chance so preimtive minor surgery is not barbaric just smart.
 Luna511956
Msg: 323
Posted: 7/11/2006 10:52:40 AM
To get back to your original question my preference is uncircumsized because I have found that the sensitivity of the glans is more intact and the natural lubricant is active. I find an uncircumsized man more appealing and an incredible turn on. As a parent I will add that my circumsized exhusband insisted on circumsizing our son when he was 6 days old so that our baby would "look like him". It was a horrifying experience to hear my baby scream blood curdling howls and then try to comfort him as he shook for days after the procedure. I feel it is a barbaric tradition to inflict such torturous pain on an infant for the sake of appearance (which some of us find unappealing anyway). As for the comments that this pain is not remembered I would counter that the psyche and the body do indeed remember trauma and this certainly qualifies as such. So, please consider all options for your future son who I am sure will be taught personal hygiene by your able parenting skills.
 LorynBee
Msg: 324
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:02:59 AM
My man is UNCIRCUMCISED and I love that about him.
 Dehm
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 11:26:23 AM
I had always been turned off by uncircumsized peni (plural?) Then I went and married an uncut man. We did end up splitting up (not cause of Mr. Snuffle-up-a-gus). But even now at 39 I always make sure I ask (at an appropriate moment) if a man is cut. I won't disregard a man who isn't cut, just that I like to know what I'm in for...

I was in the hospital yesterday for day surgery and the guy going in before me was getting circumsized, and he was about 35...I would definitely have any sons I may bear done when they're babies...Researchers are coming out with alternative pain protocols for infants so that they are less/not traumatized
 LorynBee
Msg: 326
Posted: 7/11/2006 12:16:34 PM
Circumcision is NOT necessary. It's a barbaric practice. Leave the boys alone.
 Dehm
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2006 1:47:58 PM
"WASHINGTON - Circumcising men routinely across Africa could prevent millions of deaths from AIDS, World Health Organization researchers and colleagues reported Monday.

They analyzed data from trials that showed men who had been circumcised had a significantly lower risk of infection with the AIDS virus, and calculated that if all men were circumcised over the next 10 years, some two million new infections and around 300,000 deaths could be avoided.

Researchers believe circumcision helps cut infection risk because the foreskin is covered in cells the virus seems able to easily infect. The virus may also survive better in a warm, wet environment like that found beneath a foreskin."

Just read this on a news site - if it works for African men, how about North American men?

Any thoughts?
 Sara1904
Msg: 336
Posted: 7/11/2006 4:54:52 PM
I personally have been with both circumcised and uncircumcised men and I myself prefer circumcised. I think it's just cleaner.
 Peter 503
Msg: 338
Posted: 7/12/2006 4:17:31 PM
God bless you.
Peter
 blondeangel_63
Msg: 347
Posted: 8/11/2006 4:54:09 PM
I agree with this 100%. Uncut is AMAZING especially when I am on top.
 VisualDistortion
Msg: 366
Posted: 8/14/2006 5:55:43 PM
Because it hurts them alot worse when they are older. I think its much cleaner if they are circumsized but hey what do i know, i am only a girl.
 La Te Da
Msg: 369
Posted: 8/14/2006 7:43:13 PM
okay. i didn't have time to read the whole thread, so i hope i'm not being redundant...

but i have never seen an uncircumsized penis, ever, i have no clue what the big deal is.

can a woman tell me the difference between sucking a cut c0ck and sucking an un-cut c0ck?
 10buck2
Msg: 380
Posted: 8/15/2006 12:17:07 AM
Why does it matter anyway really. It is only a small problem if a woman is giving a blowob until
she gets it hard-then it is no problem..
 sxyvirgo
Msg: 384
Posted: 8/15/2006 3:42:12 PM
Yes - i've heard the "same as dad" argument and it holds no water....uh for one, the size is all different between kid and dad, there's just a bit of a discrepancy in pubic hair (lol) - let's face it, just how much does a 3 year look like his dad in ANY aspect? They could easily have different hair and eye color so how does circ. and intact even register with a child? It's a silly way to rationalize....
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >