Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone before meeting them in pe      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 olio1
Msg: 101
Is it possible to fall in love with someone before meeting them in person?Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
fall in love= lust

lust is something of the mind. You can fall in lust
with anything your mind wants to believe.
Lust is not real love, it is a hormonal state.
 Raven1
Msg: 102
Is it possible to fall in love with someone before meeting them in person?
Posted: 2/6/2006 2:40:48 PM

Only desperate people feel they are in love pre-meeting.

I would not call it desperation.

It's highly possible to fall in love with their PERSONALITY, but it's also wise to not get too attached. You may meet and then find there's no real chemistry or attraction between you and them.

I've had many encounters meeting people in the past.
Whether it was from phone chat lines or websites such as this.
Meeting up as friends and having no expectations other than meeting a decent person for a new friendship is the best way to go. That way if there is no chemistry in person or no attraction then that's ok, you can perhaps decide to just remain friends.
You don't (or at least shouldn't) have to be attracted to someone or find them attractive to maintain a friendship with them. (unless you're one of those superficial and shallow people)
Meeting people with no real expectation that way puts less strain and tension on the whole ordeal as well!

coffeencreme
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2006 2:48:29 PM

Only if you're INSANE or SUPER, SUPER DESPERATE.
 daizydukes25
Msg: 104
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:14:53 PM
That just goes to show love is everywhere as long as you believe.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 105
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:44:06 PM
I think it is possible to fall in love with the illusion of what you think the person is. However until you met them in person, you do not truly know who that person really is.
 redmamma
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:14:14 PM
all those citing desperation... are ya maybe mistaking it for bitterness.... I am pretty certain alot of you would change your tune upon meeting the "ONE"..

Bandito.. great response...

I for one have not been jaded to the point where I believe all the magic and miracles are gone...Love happens where you least expect it...I for one will continue to believe that fate plays a huge role in my life...Do I htink that it can be completely fruitfull without a physical meeting... no... but I believe the roots take hold and grow where they are gonna grow....I will not rule anything out...probably why I am happily involved...
 Dahliakitten
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:10:44 PM
My husband fell in love with me at first sight. My sister's husband fell in love with her on first sight. My son did also. You could be ready to settle down and think you know what you want and then, there it is right in front of you. natuarlly you do your homework on the person then go from there. I have been attracted to a certain person in a site. But, I have to use caution too. Stupid is as stupid does.
 angel2679
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:19:46 PM
yes it is it happened to me i fell in love with a guy over the phone when we were together in person we hardly even talked but over the phone it was a different story i could express my feeling so much more over the phone than in public i guess because he was my preacher i am in my twenties and he was in his thirties at the time but unfortunatly to my disadvantage he fell in love with someone else and moved away i did tell him my feelings for him however before he left he thanked me and said i was a sweet little girl and that hurt i was a woman in love and he called me a little girl i run into him every now and then and i still long for him but theres nothing i was in love with him once and still have feelings for him but live has to go on as my mom says theres plenty of fish in the sea well i would just like to know am i the wrong kind of bate?
 shortstuffT
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:20:53 PM
i know all about the cemented feelings. I met my husband on this site originally last year. It was just reading his profile then talkin to him on msn that made me feel that there was just something about him. The meeting him finally was the icing on the cake that the instinct was right. It is possible but when you least expect it is all but it really is possible.
 All-I-Want727
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/15/2009 10:44:09 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one cuz I was beginning to think I was crazy. The chemistry between this woman and myself is incredible. It started out as just an email, then progressed quickly to phone calls. Mind you this has all happened within the past week. We constantly think about the other and even are at the point where we are each other's wake up calls in the morning. We have our first date planned for this coming Friday. I wanted to wait a week before meeting just to see if the intensity would continue...it has and has become more intense.

Can I get some feed back from some of you other hopeless romantics? I care for this woman deeply and she feels the same. Well, wish us luck and I will be back to update everyone on what happens.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2009 4:32:32 PM
Sure, if you are delusional...

If you do not recognize the dangers of doing something like this, you are in severe need of counseling. It's very easy to lie to someone online and if you are horny and desperate... you are a walking victim.

A married man in Britain drove 400 miles for a weekend sex rendezvous with a woman he had been exchanging sexy messages with. He got there only to discover that the messages had actually been sent by two fans of an opposing sports team that he had gotten into an altercation with during a vacation in Mexico.

They recorded the texts and phone calls and put it on youtube... it's been removed and put here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2ez32enUpv0bEWsAo

The newspaper details are here... http://tinyurl.com/cucblm

Needless to say, his wife has left him.
 Meowkatt1
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2009 5:37:18 PM
Sure in Fantasyland, & I don't live there
 The-Endless
Msg: 113
Posted: 2/16/2009 5:50:02 PM
It is not possible - Let me explain. One may feel connected to another in conversation in profound ways expressed by laughter, tears, joy and sorrow, and yet all these are reflection of our ability to connect mind to mind. Love by its eros definition is only experienced when all 5 senses are able to fully express themselves. On the net is one or 2 senses (cam and mic) letters? Touch and sight, so in essence only if all of the senses are in complete operation can love be defined as true, less than this, is untrue.
 Chel_in_rfd
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/16/2009 7:04:58 PM
Yes, I say it is.

I met someone about 4 years ago through email. I had been receiving jokes from this guy who was sending the emails to multiple people on his contact list... As a computer consultant, I often reply to people if an email they sent was a hoax, and he had sent a bunch of people one about Swiffers killing dogs. I responded to him that it wasn't true, included a link to the Snopes website, then asked him who he was and why I was in his contact list. I had figured that perhaps he was one of hundreds of people I had sold something to on ebay, and had ended up in his contact list as we had communicated about a sales transaction. After a few days of going back and forth with various ideas, I searched my email box and found a message 8 months prior where he had emailed me about a picture of a truck I had posted on a forum. The truck was owned by a guy I was living with at the time he had initially emailed me.

He was at that time stationed in Afghanistan. It all started with innocent emails, and then progressed into phone calls and then web cam. He was the first guy I've ever web-cammed with, and believe me it got interesting. ;) He mailed my daughter and I gifts he had purchased in Afghanistan. I sent him care packages. While off-duty he lived in Texas and didn't care for the snowy north, which is where I lived. We both looked forward to his tour ending, and it kept getting delayed.

We kept this relationship going for about 4 months. We ended it as I had met someone locally, and he was very upset with me. We did meet eachother soon after he got back to the states, and in person we got along wonderfully. We had alot of fun hanging out for the two days we were together. (I wasn't seeing anyone at the time.) But, my having a daughter and running my own business kept me from seriously considering moving to Texas, and his hatred of snow kept him from moving here. We still talk on and off, and this morning called me with a satellite phone as he is again deployed to Afghanistan.

What started as a hoax email, turned into a relationship, and continues as a wonderful friendship.
 mauget
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/16/2009 7:13:56 PM
NO. it requires times together. The works of our lords hand.
 meg41457
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2009 10:32:24 PM
I tend to just fall in like with people love is too intimate and needs to develope over time spent with someone . At least for me.
 LonestarStar
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/16/2009 10:40:16 PM
Some people are just in love with falling in love.
I would be terrified if a man informed me that he'd fallen in love with me over the internet, and that would be the end of that.
Listen to me whine like a spoiled brat, watch me throw things when I'm having a temper tantrum, watch me blow my nose when I have a cold, and notice how big my a$s looks in my bright green sweatpants I wear around the house, and THEN tell me you love me.
 cindy-estancia
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/16/2009 11:12:44 PM
but he was always on my mind,and i wished d meet him in person,and I dreamt of him too many times and I wished I could touch him each day or make him breakfast.but then we never met at all, my heart beats fast whenever we talk on line but what do you call that?is it imagination or love.its long gone now.but it could have been beautiful.
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2009 11:13:00 PM
It's certainly possible to fall for someone before meeting them - And certainly unhealthy to allow it. Unless you're a big fan of heartbreak and drama, I suppose.

One of the cardinal rules of online dating (right up there with "don't send money") is that you should progress to meeting pretty much ASAP. Until you have met this person you can't know for sure that they are even remotely who they claim. They could be 20 years older than their profile, or the wrong gender.

And then there's chemistry - I'm too much of an in-person person to imagine I can judge chemistry without looking into her eyes. A web cam might help overcome that, but I'd still definitely rather meet.
 Thick_Curvy_Cutie
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/16/2009 11:15:22 PM
Never fallen in love by just email...but I have fallen in lust HARD!! I knew it was lost because I just wanted to stare at them didn't care what they had to say...some men just look damn good or have a great picture!! LOL
 trailgirl
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/17/2009 3:35:29 PM
You'd only be falling in love with the image you've created in your mind of the person, which is more what you'd want them to be then what may or may not be reality.
You can really like what the person is telling you, and agree with things you've discussed. But if they profess love before meeting...
 fancynanci
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2009 4:20:27 PM
No. You have to meet in person to determine whether or not the chemistry is there.
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/17/2009 5:03:35 PM
I haven't fallen in love with anyone on the computer, that is funny to even think so.. You have to meet someone to really find out if they are remotely right for you..

I don't want to meet anyone right away anyway, I would want to get to know them first via the site..

lady_bugg65
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/17/2009 6:03:07 PM
I don't know about all the 'Nay Sayers'?......With the technology we have today, you can sit with someone who is 3000 miles away...and have a conversation just as though he/she is sitting across the table from you...I've been given grand tours of homes, met family members, and sat outside and heard the rib-bit of the frogs in the pond while looking out at the same night sky that he was ...it was very intimate...the only sense that was missing in these scenarios was the sense of 'touch'...(and yeah, it's a biggy)...

I think it's about the depth of your imagination, and the ability to see things beyond the tangible ....the polar opposite of 'looking in from the outside'....

So I say "Yea"...it is possible....
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/17/2009 6:14:07 PM
I do believe that it is possible to love someone based only on communication via e-mail, phone etc.... but that doesn't mean you will love them enough to have a romantic relationship with them in real life. I can really love someone for who they are inside (the real them) but physical chemistry is important for that kind of romantic love that can bind two people together. Physical chemistry cannot be felt until I am actually physically in touch with that person.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone before meeting them in person?