Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why is a great person like you single?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wingsandheart
Msg: 26
Why is a great person like you single?Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Hmmm, good thought.........
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 27
Why is a great person like you single?
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:10:40 PM
Yeah, but that's assuming that their last partner was right about them.
 wingsandheart
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:11:37 PM
Also true.........
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:16:16 PM
Q: Why is a great person like you single?

A: Why aren't you interesting?
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:17:28 PM

I think the reason people are single is because they ignored what their last partner told them they were doing wrong.

I think my ex is figuring it out one by one...I wonder if he'll get it ALL right before he dies!?!?!?

JJ

tetrahedron
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:23:49 PM
He has as good a chance of getting it right next time as you do; as we all do.
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:08:43 PM

He has as good a chance of getting it right next time as you do; as we all do.

Considering how long it takes him to figure things out...I don't think so!!!!

Besides...that was SUPPOSED to be funny!!!!

JJ

whyscracker
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:07:11 PM
The people who ask me this have known me since forever, I point out that they never find anyone *they* think would be suitable to fix me up with.

I'm great, but also difficult, odd, and I might belong better in a circus.

My problem is that people assume I'm *with* someone, or even married. Something about my carriage does not scream single and looking. There are four different men in this small town who people think I'm attatched to. The real confusion is when someone who thinks I'm Ronny's wife mentions it someone who thinks I'm John's wife....and many think that, since my kid's last name is similar to someone in a nearby small town, that I'm his ex, (never met the guy) and since he has a reputation for drunken shooting rampages anytime his ex is in the wrong trailer....Then there's all the miscellaneous stories about me which are far removed from the truth, my fictional baggage is incredibly heavy. I'm told that everyone likes me, they just don't know what to *do* with me. LOL

I usually answer that question this simply. "Gossip."

Jeannie-looking for a stranger in town.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:46:18 PM
im still single simply because the vast majority of women ive met have only
had a relationship experience with alcoholics/druggies and dont know how to
have a gig with any other but these losers....
 tetrahedron
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:48:04 PM
Not every woman will have the good sense to recognize what a treasure you are, it is sad indeed.
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/19/2006 11:50:30 PM
Well I caught me a good one once, but she chewed her leg off to get away....
 kitkat02
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/14/2007 4:50:44 PM
I've been asking myself that for awhile now and can't seem to come up with a good answer.
 cali_desert_girl
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/14/2007 5:14:26 PM
Being single is so much better than being a lot of other things... rude, mean, shallow, homeless, sick, etc. etc. etc. I don't know why it's such a big deal to some people that I'm not taken. I know they think I should be based on some criteria they have in their minds but, I agree, it's a silly question.

Honestly, this is the longest I've been single since I was 18 and I'm taking it easy... when it's right, I'll know it and so will he. Here's hopin' for forever with the next one. :)

I love everyone's answers... LOL! I have to say "you'll see" was my favorite.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/14/2007 5:22:53 PM
hmmm, why is a great person like you single?

1 - i enjoy being single, it keeps me out of trouble.

2 - i just haven't been in much of a mood to date.

3 - i just haven't found anyone interesting yet.

4 - i haven't found anyone that's interested in me yet.

5 - there are just too many rude people out there i'm being careful with who i choose.
 DAVE632
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2007 9:07:30 PM
Lemmie see ...

Reason # 1. She died.

Since then ...

I'm picky.

I enjoyed the intimacy too much to just get off on sport fu¢king now. Jumping into the sack just to have sex would cheapen what I hope one day to have again with a woman I feel is THAT special to me. Dumb? Maybe. Not for me. I don't think it will be for her either when we finally meet.

Almost everybody I've met since has lied (some WHOPPERS but the most common? Saying they were born one or two DECADES before their D/L indicates) or they've been divorcees terrified of making another mistake so if they detect a guy actually LIKES them, they run like he's Jack the Ripper.

Their loss but it doesn't do me any good either.
 sweet5red
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/14/2007 10:24:04 PM
i have yet to find the fella that will appreciate the sweet, wonderful, kind, loving, passionate, tenderhearted. country music, outdoor loving woman that i am..Sweet N Louisiana
 MEGA_CHULO2007
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/14/2007 10:45:44 PM
My thought is, I'm the kind of person that loves to pamper and spoil his woman. I feel like if I don't feel 100% about a woman, I don't want her for my s/o.....I can't half step.
 MDNinja
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/14/2007 10:52:46 PM
No one is an island... just cause you aren't dating someone or anyonre, doesn't mean you are single. Everyone has friends and family, no one is single.
 BuddhaNature
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/14/2007 11:30:55 PM
Here is an old quote: If you choose to be married or choose to be single you will regret it.

My preference is to respond to feelings and intentions - not statements. In this case something along the lines of a thank you are in order.

I appreciate you noticing my better qualities; what in particular made you say what you did?

They better have a detailed response immediately or they will drop a level in my estimation of them as a person of substance.
 Jadore
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/15/2007 4:02:37 AM
To message no 6: Rofl.....Great answer....I'll definately be using that one....
 GM1966
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/15/2007 5:54:40 AM
hmmmmm lm not single !!! there is ME MYSELF AND I
 charlie_girl
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/15/2007 6:28:41 AM
Let me answer you by asking you this:

Would you (any one) be any less or any more of a great person if you weren't single?

I say, enjoy your life. It's a banquet! Be happy with who and what you are. HAVE FUN! But don't betray the "great" person you are by putting so much pressure on yourself to not be single. Being married, having a significant other -- both can be great. But then so can being single. Give yourself an opportunity to grow -- connect with the person you are first-- don't force it. It'll happen or it won't. But you'll have a fantastic journey along the way!
I honestly believe that.
 hca777
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/15/2007 6:50:00 AM
Some of these answers are great in that they are creative and funny, for here...but I don't think meeting someone first with sarcasm, some even harsh sarcasm, is a good idea. Let's be honest, the situation first presented is someone who does not know you well and some ppl are nervous when first meeting ppl. We all say stupid things sometimes or fall back on an old standard when lost for something to say. Ok, it's annoying and you are sick of being asked, to the point of no longer wanting to be clever or creative. I know the feeling, but what is great about this situation is that you are both in it! Like justyouandme said take it as a compliment, because that is how it is meant.

Try this when asked, compliment him back:
Smile (a genuine smile not a sarcastic one - lol, seemed I should say that) and say, "You go first...why are you?" Have him answer his own question. Then you can either say something, "that's pretty much the same for me or almost the same," or maybe something creative will pop into your head and you can give a generalized idea of the dating scene and not give a specific answer that relates only to you. Maybe that's too personal up front. If he's intuitive he'll be more careful with his questions, if a little slower, you may have to do it a couple of more times to other questions, if he simply doesn't get it at all, be nice but no second date. Good nice ppl ask the wrong questions sometimes!
 genuineman04
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/15/2007 9:37:58 AM
because I only seem to meet psychos
 Jarbarian
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/15/2007 9:51:31 AM
I'm asked all the time. My answer is always the same:

"I wasn't ready when I was younger to be married and I certainly did not want to bring a child into this world and raise them in a broken home."

Now that I am ready, all it's going to take is Ms. Right to come along. Note, I did not say Ms. Perfect or Ms. Hot or Ms. This or That.

I'm not going to settle but I am well aware that everybody is imperfect and has flaws (myself included).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why is a great person like you single?