Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Double Cabin
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Opinions please - Is this normal!!!!!Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I was fascinated, perhaps even preoccupied, with flatulation. Then I turned 6.
 crystalise
Msg: 25
Opinions please - Is this normal!!!!!
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:29:24 PM
ok farting, in private! I can live with after a month if we are full on established relationship

spitting - NO WAY, NO HOW, THATS DISGUSTING...gett the heck outta there

gross man.
 dceeeee
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:19:40 PM
I don't sweat the small stuff....although I may tease and joke with him about it...There are way bigger issues to be concerned about, and you need to pick your battles.

(Of course, if you aren't really into him yet, at this point, he just blew it, so he would be smart to hold off for awhile....)
 islandbwai
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:05:32 AM
What you need to do is be honest with him. Tell him in a nice way that him farting in front of you is not acceptable at this time. As time goes on you will feel comfortable with him that you yourself will be doing little things without realizing it. As for the zits part, you need to explain to him that popping them in front of you is not sexy and hopefully he will stop. Yes men do things that are grotesque but at 4wks into a relationship I would never do it. I've been married 15yrs and I still hate it when my wife comes in the bathroom when I'm sitting on the toilet. She doesnt have a problem if I walk in when she is doing it. We all become comfortable and do things when we are in our comfort zone. Just be sure to be polite when you explain this to him. If he is mature enough then he will understand and probably consider it when he needs to fart again.

Good Luck!!!!
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:56:04 AM
Well, on the up side, he is comfortable with you. Maybe he is used to being in a long term relationship, and has gotten to this point in the past with other women, so is extra comfortable getting to this point with people, and comfortable just being himself. Yes, it can be gross anyway. Just talk to him about it if you feel like you want to stick around. If you are really disgusted already (even in what should be the "infatuation" time), then perhaps your attraction to him isn't that strong to start with, or maybe you two are just not a match in this regard. I think it's pretty normal though - getting to the point of farting in each other's presence. Hasn't it happened with any other boyfriends you've had? And some people fart more than others, so maybe you've just been lucky in the past.

Different people draw the line at different places. I would bring it up if you're in it for the long haul though.
 boutenuf
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 7:17:46 AM
He is obviously doesn't have any manners.
 beautifuldancer400
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:37:47 AM
I just broke up with one like that. Not only was he gross like you described but his personal hygiene was disgusting. I might have been able to put up with the lack of manners but not showering or washing up before trying to hug and kiss me just grossed me out.
 JustMeinBflo
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:54:42 AM
I agree. This guy has no class.

My serious girlfriend of a few years ago and I dated for a year. I had a fart escape in her presence and I was mortified! (I'm usually an easygoing guy, but I was so smitten that I didn't want to come across as gross or gassy.) She was shocked but then laughed. It never happened again, though.

Anyway, a guy who spits and farts in front of you is no prize. He needs to learn how to act in front of a lady, and if he is convinced that there's nothing wrong with that, move on to someone with a bit more class.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:47:03 AM
Why are you asking strangers if you are offended by something. If its offensive to you then its offensive. You don't need peer pressure to know this guy is gross.

Again, we are not dating him; you are.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/18/2008 10:49:12 AM
Wait till he pulls the sheets over your head and lets one loose ... then you might have something to **** about!
 picmenc
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2008 12:06:41 PM
NOT NORMAL. Get out of it. A leopard doesn't change it's spots !
 EagleEric
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/20/2008 4:20:26 PM
Oh sure and don't be bothered when he starts picking his nose and showing you his boogers and commenting on their size!

The Eagle
 EagleEric
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/20/2008 4:51:43 PM

wow a fart. you might aswell stay single if someone that farts puts you off them. everybody farts, even women and have you ever smelt your pets farts, man they smell worse than anything anyways, if it bothers you that much just tell him and he might even go outside to have a fart but its only natural to let rip, no one can say they have never farted. well each to there own

Very interesting! I can see you're an expert on farts. It isn't often that one meet a person so knowledgeable on the subjet!

The Eagle
 EagleEric
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/21/2008 5:21:26 AM
What a lovely fat puss!

The Eagle
 windloverr
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:49:38 PM
Solar, you're killin' me!
 littlehuneebee49
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/22/2008 7:17:49 AM
OK, so maybe the guy feels comfortable around you, and accidents do happen (ie: the occasional passing of gas) but the spitting (gross) and the zit popping (yuck) and the farting all the time? the guy is a disgusting pig! It isn't going to get better. Just like my ex who thought it was normal to use the bathroom in my bedroom and leave the door open. PLEASE, there are just some things I would rather not see, hear and SMELL!
So guys, do us a favor and with the exception of an occasional slip-which is nothing to be embarrassed about- keep your bodily functions to yourself. It may be a "guy thing" but it is not endearing to women.
 windloverr
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 3:17:46 AM
Yeah, but at the guys school, freshman year, "Optional Body Functions 101" is mandatory.
 EagleEric
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:23:05 AM
This has been one of the most fascinating & informative threads ever on POF. It alone will guarantee its existence forever.

The Eagle
 tinytam
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/1/2008 5:59:52 PM
If he is doing this now,run for the hills,it is disgusting and childish, cant even imagine what he would consider o.k. later....kids laugh at farts....get a man, you deserve better and cant even believe you needed to ask.
 jackster121
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2008 6:01:45 PM
If he's doing those things after 4 weeks, think of what happens in the weeks and months to come.
 lestergass
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2008 6:19:04 PM
Let's see................ c-span, or reading about farts?....................... I'm sticking with the farts.
damn, this is going to show up on my profile.
 phishkev
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2008 9:26:21 AM
Talk about disrespect! I hate this s**t when guys do it in front of me! It's not funny and is strange to these ears and eyes!
 BuffaloGalLooking
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:24:18 AM

Nothing says "class" like this sort of guy.

Wait. I don't think I meant 'corn fed', not "class".

Rickben
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:51:07 AM
Sometimes a guy can't help it. For example, I'm on some medications that make it virtually impossible to control when I'm "under pressure" so to speak. Why just the other evening I was at a POF gathering next to the hors d'oeuvres table, chatting up this hottie when it happened. Some people turned and gave me dirty looks after taking a few steps backward. They won't be so judgmental when they get to be my age.
 OutMind
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/28/2009 10:14:19 AM
Have you pulled his finger yet?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >