Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I was feeling real good about myself until my friend told me that I w      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 triplebp
Msg: 9
view profile
History
I was feeling real good about myself until my friend told me that I was way out of my league.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
@strange

tyra huh??? I always liked her better anyway.

@crystalise

That is such a true and brilliant point !! anyone who likes you is in your league

Well said

Thanks I often like your point of view as well. Ah but then again you are a fellow Taurus.
 crystalise
Msg: 10
I was feeling real good about myself until my friend told me that I was way out of my league.
Posted: 1/19/2006 10:28:32 PM
^^ ahhhh then it all makes sense now. re Taurus.... : )

[[[She is 9 years younger and good looking? that is approaching "trophy girlfriend" material. You probably are out of your league.

Not trying to be a hater, but it's true. ]]]

no offence robert paulson - but that is just stereotyping and not always true. I mean its sad to put such superficial limitations on someone adn yourself because of someones age and looks - Anyway isnt a trophy rewarded to people who are outstanding in their field, in fact, those who come FIRST ??

and we keep forgetting this girl CHOOSES to be with him....
 LowerdStandards
Msg: 11
I was feeling real good about myself until my friend told me that I was way out of my league.
Posted: 1/25/2006 2:49:42 AM
Your 'league' is exactly what you set it at. Looks and personality have alot to do with how well you get along with someone but your confidence level is actually the game winner or breaker. If you think your'e out of your leage, you are. If you are enjoying yourself and so is she (which it sounds like is the case) then why listen to some jackass that's only jealous?
 Nghtshft
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/25/2006 4:37:28 AM
Hey......you got the girl on your arm don't you.....tell your friend to go......well

fly a kite.....keeping it clean
 vivienne3
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 6:16:49 AM
This is not a friend. This person is caustic. Let them go.
 Kelleyisnice
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:52:09 PM

I met a stunning wonderful girl that I have been dating. She is absolutely gorgeous and super cool. I was feeling real good about myself until my friend told me that I was "way out of my league."...I am a 35 year old 5'10" grad student with a lot going for me. She is 24 and about 5'8 and a grad student also.

She is out of your league. Otherwise, you would not question it. If she was fat or age 44 you would not think she was out of your league and it wouldn't matter who said she was.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/27/2006 6:16:51 PM
If she's dating you because she likes to be with you....well what else do you want?? Don't listen to your friend, sounds like a jealous person to me. I don't buy into the whole "out of your league" mentality anyway. People use that as an excuse when they can't get someone interested. If you're already dating her, then that shoots that theory in the foot!!
 BBdrgn
Msg: 16
 jennthelpn
Msg: 17
 BBdrgn
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/27/2006 6:49:14 PM
Not True!!!!! We're just in different "Divisions"
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > I was feeling real good about myself until my friend told me that I was "way out of my league."