Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow Fishies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BobbinFerFishies
Msg: 43
Caught by my ex! :DPage 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

Actually You're down 220lbs not 240lbs.

ex.... thank god!!! lol,,, Good luck happy fishing...

I stand corrected! Sorry....

As an aside, has anyone had their ex show up and comment on a post you made in the forums! And send you a spicy profile to put up as well!
 Kiaa
Msg: 44
Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow Fishies
Posted: 7/10/2006 3:27:31 PM
i agree that weight loss is hard but if u love who u are then whats the big deal about lossing the wight i tried to loss the weight but stopped for the reaosn ois if a guy wants t obe with me they have to ove every pound of me too
 marrekech
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/14/2006 9:23:42 PM
Gidget, I saw your posting. This is the first posting I have ever done and will probably be the last. I am posting to help you and others with some information regarding losing weight.

Next time when you are grocery shopping, look at the ingredients of everything processed you buy. The dirtiest secret regarding the obesity epidemic is a processed starch called "High Fructose Corn Syrup." Its not a natural sugar, its an artificially processed one. However, the worst thing about it is that it kills a brain chemical that tells you you are full. If you consume foods with this, you will eat more because it kills the natural chemical telling you that you are full. Exercise and healthy eating are important, but if you consume products with HFCS, you will not lose weight. Unfortunately, HFCS is now in everything, from milk, fruit juices, soda, mayonaise and most other processed foods. I found this out by accident. For more information, get the book "The Owner's Manual," written by 2 doctors.

Also, caffeine causes your body to absorb about 26% more carbohydrates. If you knock off the HFCS, eliminate caffeine, and get moderate amounts of exercise, you will watch the weight melt off. I know.

Good luck.
 Mae B
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/16/2006 5:13:13 PM
WooooooHoooooooooooooooooooooooooo CAGE!

Congrats girl!

And keep your butt moving.

OK......I'm a frikin slacker. End of story.
I used to work Weird long hours (that are never the same), completely screwd me up.

Monday I am starting a new position within my company that is a 10 minute walk from home. I switched my kids into a daycare that is a 5 minute walk from my home, on the way to work.
I'm burying the car key.
No more driving. (i used to put over 6000K on my car a month for work)

And thanks Magtag.. but I wouldn't be upset if my legs ended up being extremely muscular, I'm at the point where i need some serious muscle to burn the fat fuel i'm storing (if i were to spontaneously combust, I'd take out a city block)

Walk on peeps
 Mae B
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/16/2006 5:58:52 PM
Hey.. i just read all of Mag's post

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruining chicken wings for me like that!

Don't anyone tell me how many calories are in my exlarge steeped tea with milk & sugar
 littlered11
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/31/2006 9:40:04 AM
I would like to loose a whopping 100 lbs by October 2008 that is my goal and i want some exercise buddys lol
 Leeanne
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2006 9:57:18 AM
After my 135lb weight loss I have been going up and down 10lbs and not losing more - Patio nights and BBQ's have helped me do that YIKES!
I am now looking for a treadmill - anyone got one for sale CHEAP! If you're using it just to hang your clothes on I wouldn't mind using it!!!
I have to try and go back to laying off the treats! I'ts all about lifestyle and mine has been slipping!
It's never easy, but it can be done, so I'm going back for that goal I was supposed to be at by now!
 Leeanne
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2006 2:54:06 PM
Oh the guys would love to see us spanking each other!!! Yup it's the patio night food that's killing me - got to get back in my eating and exercise routine - losing 135lbs is a feat in itself but I have some more to go.
I would love to start a walking group if any of you girls are interested - oh wait boys as well!!!
 Mae B
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/23/2006 11:38:42 AM
There are approximately 8.25 "a fews" in a shitload
But thats metric, not imperial

Update! (mostly because I had to go find this thread on page frikin 30!)

Going on vacation for 2 weeks on Sept 1st.
The eating part is ok because it's a timeshare resort and we have our own kitchen in an apt type unit, but I worry about the exercise.
Do I just say screw it and deal with the aftermath when I get home?

I'd like to keep up as much as I can, but we're going to florida, not my fav place in the world since I;
a) have heatstroke issues
b) burn in 1.3 seconds upon exposure to the sun no matter how much sunblock i use it seems
c) have child kidnapping trauma instilled in my brain thanks to my mother (i have 3 kids 6,3 & 2) so i'll be on super high alert whenever out in public

I think maybe i'll try pool exercises or something. Swim around with 3 kids on my back etc.

Any vacation tips and pointers?
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2006 7:25:54 PM
anyone here interested in a fat transplant as i could sure use some padding here lol. I eat a lot but cant put on the pounds :(

Guess Ill have to try those protein shakes as reccommended in the thread here :)
 Diggy03
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2006 11:02:12 AM
I'm doing a "cleanse." I had spoken to a professional who suggested that with all my efforts perhaps my body isn't absorbing the nutrients I put in as it needs to be "cleaned out."

It's now the second week and I don't feel any different. Still drinking up to and beyond at times 15 glasses of water a day (I have no idea when my body is going to get used to it.. wondering if I'm drinking too much water).

I find it extremely difficult to find the motivation to exercise.

Has anyone else ever done a cleanse? How about a parasite cleanse? The parasite cleanse is the one I'm most scared to do.
 Diggy03
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2006 1:18:41 PM
Well each of my Nalgene bottles is 32 ozs, considering a glass of water is 8 ozs... and I drink 3 to 4 of them a day (my Nalgene bottles full to the brim with water).
 Marjabu
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/29/2006 10:39:01 AM
Good luck to everyone in their goals. I am another struggler with my weight. Up and down it goes.
I am aiming for 15-20lbs to lose, and to maintain that weight.
I finally got down another size, buying a house and renovating it was the boost I needed. I am revamping my gym workout this week and hopefully that will give me another boost to start some more loss on the scale.
 Spanky_69
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2006 6:00:43 PM
WOW!!! Another one that I thought bit the dust!! So glad that it hasnt.

My goal update:
Lost a bit more, loosing more..working my TAIL off (literally..lol). Still about 50 or so pounds to go. Thanks to those who have "helped me" burn it off

Spanks
xo
 sassysinger
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 10:17:03 PM
I have always had a few extra pounds on me. The summer before I turned 16 (1997) I really cut down on eating (almost to the point of anorexia) and I started biking ten km (I lived in the country so I rode around the block lol). I lost 30 lbs. and I shot up three inches in height. I looked awesome. I felt more confident in myself and I had one great year. Then I lost my V and got pregnant (August 1998). I gained 80 lbs. with my first pregnancy. I lost 30 lbs. with the birth but after my ten day hospital stay (due to complications) I was right back at the 238 I came in at. I managed to get down to 220 and stay there for a little while but over the next two and a half years I was up to 290 lbs. Then I got pregnant for the second time (November 2001). I became addicted to water with this pregnany and when I went into the hospital to have my daughter I was down from 290 to 277 and after I had her I was down to 268 (August 2002). However I got pregnant with my third child 7 1/2 months later (May 2003) and shot up to 312. After I had my son (January 2004) I looked into the weight loss surgery and when I found out that it would take 3 years on a waiting list, I said no thank you and decided I would do it on my own. I got down to 228 (January 2006) and I was starting to feel good about myself again. However due to stress I was back up to 270 by June 2006 and pregnant with my fourth child in July 2006. I got up to 320 and continued to gain after I had the baby. In January 2008 I reached my highest point of 335 lbs.

Since then I have permanently removed myself from a "bad" relationship (on and off for 7 1/2 years), started working my first CD, started school to become a Registered Massage Therapist and I am down 60 lbs. weighing in at 275 lbs. I am 5'7" and because of my body type my ideal weight is 145-150 lbs. So only 125-130 to go. Good luck everyone!
 Spanky_69
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2008 6:22:08 PM
lost 1 dresss size since last new years..WOOT!! pretty good seeing I kind of went off the weight loss road..but back on it now!!
 sassysinger
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 3:15:12 PM
I know it isn't much, but I have lost another 10 lbs. Down to 265. 70 lbs all together.
 LuvJeezy
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/1/2009 12:38:20 AM
I'm a chubby chick and I'm happy, I don't care how I look to shallow people that judge, there are guys out there nick-named "chubby chasers" , i love you guys hahaha, give a chubby chick a chance... you'll be pleasantly surprised
 Armand
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:28:46 PM
Hey im 5'11" and at the end of September '08 i was at my heavy point 285 Ibs.....Im happy to say im down to 230 Ibs now and looking to get to be 200 ibs or 210 Ibs. Dieting is what i find helps the most and the gym everyday lol and lots of water anyway stay strong people anyone can hit there goal in life!
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 2:35:55 PM
My problem has always been to gain and maintain good healthy weight (muscle). At 30ish I was 140lbs.
So, I changed my lifestyle, I'm now 42, workout 4 days p/week, eat healthy (no sweets, garbage food like chips, etc...), weigh 210lbs. (12% bodyfat) great physique. Oh, and recently stopped smoking (I dont' say quit, cause I don't "give up" at anything). Besides what's the big deal, I just got up one day and stopped buying cigarettes, so what, big deal.

So, the opposite for someone who wanted to lose weight should do the same, monitor calories, balance protein with carbs, eat very small meals multiple times a day (good food only not chocolate bars, and chips), workout (weights and some cardio) at least 3 - 4 times a week. Give up some bad habits, alcohol (not implying it's bad to drink every now and then), cigarrettes, overeating, etc.....

See, simple not so hard is it?
 Leeanne
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:21:34 AM
When you have metabolic syndrome it's not about what you eat - it's what you don't eat! If you aren't eating enough food your metabolism shuts down and you store food. For like 30 years I would be lucky to eat one meal a day - I just didn't like food and never made time for it - hence screwing my whole system up. The times when I lost the most weight - I'm taking well over 100lbs - was when I grazed on high fiber healthy foods - such as fruits and vegetables. I also had to work out like 5 hours a day at the gym doing aerobics & resistance machines, I walked and took karate. One thing that helps is to simply get up off your ass every time you think something needs to be done - get up and do it - at least you get moving and chores get done! You need a lot of stamina to keep up the lifestyle required to loose the weight when you are insuline resistant. Things such as depression and stress make this doubly hard! Those things must be addressed in order to make things work as well!
 REDXIX
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/27/2011 12:08:56 AM
I was once very over my healthy limit... I am now a metal chested chizz-led dude... all because of running, working out (I would name the dvd set, but cant dew to forum rules), and diet... google search reviews for dvd workouts, and you will find a "real" one. Note- the ones that work are HARD!

Rice, veg, fruit, white meat... a healthy amount every day. easy.

Secrets I dont tell many people;

Wii fit... but more important than that- Dance Dance Revolution =^_^= Woo!
 EarthyOrangeAries
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/27/2011 4:42:22 PM
I flux honestly. Gained like 50lbs in the last year for no apparent reason, come to find I'm in perimenopause, and i was eating wheat.. my body hats wheat.

I'm with the Chiseled dude above me's advice.
Whole grains, natural wild and unprocessed rice, fruit, and lotsa veggies!! I don't eat meat, but I do toss eggs into the mix.

Wii fit rocks, haven't got the Dance dance revolution... ( maybe i will now)
I also do tae bo and yoga.. all these things I find help burn away fat and build lean muscle.

Away with all this extra bulk!~
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/10/2011 7:18:41 PM
What's the programme? ^^

And well done on the weight loss!! Congrats!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Weight Loss...I'm Confiding in my Fellow Fishies