Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Popping the questionPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Depends where you go. I hear that in vegas they frown on long engagements! Probably good to have known the person for at least a year. Whats the rush? Get to know the person. Let them get to know you. the first 3 months you are just getting to know the person they want you to see. then the 3 months after that you get to know who they really are. wait until you are comfortable with each other. When you dont mind her seeing the real you. if you dont know when that is then just wait until you dont mind her brushing her teeth in the morning as you are sitting on the pot. No need to ever rush into it. Yes, people can get out of it almost as easily as they got into it but the best thing is to make certain that you know each other and want to have a life together. From the people I know the shorter the engagement the shorter the marriage. Yeah someone will mention their grandparents getting hitched when she met him on leave in WWII and they have been married 60 years. That was a different era and has nothing to do with the time in which we live!
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 3
Popping the question
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:06:49 PM
Hello how are you, i think if the time is RIGHT for you/yall and you feel IT inside you'r heart/soul/body/mind and you know. That he/she is the ONLY!! one and only one you wan't to be with then go for it, because you may never know what could happend down the road if yall truly love respect care trust eachother and you have a good feeling about her/you and the feeling isn't going away it just keep's getting. Stronger than do what YOUR heart tell's you to NOT what "US PEOPLE" on this site say or what you'r mind tell's you, because you may end up missing out on the ONE you was suppose to spend you'r life with. I know alot of oldER people think us young people early 20- early 30's does not know what it's really like to acturly wan't to settle down and marry the one you love, more than anything on earth. But time's have changed it's not the same as it was when they was growing up and when they was in these kind of situation that all of us today are in.

My own oppion i think if you feel it in YOUR heart, than you'll know when it is the RIGHT time. You can not go wrong by you'r heart/soul.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 4
Popping the question
Posted: 1/23/2006 3:39:38 PM
Hey Byrd, haven't seen you in awhile how's thing's going you'r way?. here NOT looking so bright. Thank's for the comment on my poem at first it kind of threw me but i remember'd i added my poem to my profile, was wondering if you any kind of messenger you use to talk on?.

I have aim and if you cared to talk sometime, here is my screen name... LoUiSiAnA cHiCkx ps, i know alot of people think i am just complaining alot or being a baby but that's not it at all. My boyfriend's family has tryed everything to split us up and still are, trying to split us up even tho he's away for now. And all i keep getting is bad new's after another. Far as the poem goes i have more poetry i've posted on www.postpoems.com but sometimes the link that i have for them does not work, for other's when they click on the link to view my list of poem's.

Just been one really long screwed up couple of month's, but i'm hanging in there i'm not giveing up or quitting or turning my back on anyone i love/care about includeing my boyfriend.(soon to be husband).
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 5
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 12:19:49 AM
I would if he was HOME.. i'm just waiting for the day he come's home.. i asked him in the letter and this is what he said... "You also told me in your last letter you told me that you wanted to marry me and then you asked me to marry you. You know that ive wanted to marry you for awhile now and when i get out we need to find a minister that will marry us so we can live the rest of our lives happy as we can make it. I love you i'll write you latter babe huggs and kisses everynight i love you My wife to be from your Husband to be. The baby that daddy loves him/her verry verry much and mommie to."
 snowbird1111
Msg: 6
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 12:36:08 AM
How soon do you pop the question???

it is after about 12 vodka's
 arri
Msg: 7
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 6:38:17 AM
Let me think about this

12 Vodkas = 4 Martinis

Nope ... I am only going to get horny, not stupid
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 8
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:47:51 AM
my pops asked my step dad to marry him after 6 months. they've been married for 13 years. now they were both in their 50s and that makes a big difference
 Yardape_99
Msg: 9
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:48:52 AM
lol@5 years.

Two years is probably good. If you don't know them by then....you're never gonna know them. Although I was with a girl for 3 and a half and I didn't know her...who knows really. I'd say after 6 months you have a general idea of where it is heading. Why waste your time being with someone who isn't everything you want?
 snowbird1111
Msg: 10
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 8:56:58 PM
ok 15 vodka's AND 6 martini's AND all the alcohol in Windsor

and it is just to ask the question

no one said anything about having to answer it or actually get married
 arri
Msg: 11
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:16:27 PM

ok 15 vodka's AND 6 martini's AND all the alcohol in Windsor

I have been known to that .. but didn't really mean it and had a good excuse not to follow through
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 12
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:18:17 PM
Hey, jim1967... So when are you going to ask her to marry you? or have you already. It does not matter what THE REST OF US THINK/FEEL about anybody/everyone wanting to get married. Because the way i look at it is that it is NOT them/me who is going to spend the rest of our lives with that person, you'r wanting to marry. Just like for me and my boyfriend it's not going to be the whole world spending our live with one another, it's only going to be the two of yall and me N him when we get married (me and my boyfriend)
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 13
Popping the question
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:24:33 PM
Hey... cuter_than_anyone

You said you'r "pops" asked you'r "stepdad" to, marry him? (two men?) srry that confused me. But i dont see a big deal out of how long somebody's been togeather and theres NO RULE saying you/whoever has to be togeather longer than an few years to get married. But i think if the two people are happy and they love eachother and they can make it work, more power to them.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Popping the question
Posted: 5/29/2006 11:49:27 AM
My dad asked my mom to marry him a week after they met.

They've been happily married over 30 years. :p
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >