Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why would you ever want to get married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 26
Why would you ever want to get married?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have a question for people on this "fourm" why in the world do yall bad mouth getting married i know EVERYBODYs marriage does not work out and it's, not all cooked up to what it seems like. But if two people are happy and they love eachother and THEY feel it is the right thing for them none of us should doubt, what they feel on the inside/outside for one another. Sure alot of married people end up getting divorce over small/major thing's but everybody's different and everybody's "love" isn't the same as anybody else's nobody can feel the same way for everybody in the world, i think you'll know IT when it come's you'll way and god has his OWN way of showing us rather something will work out or not or rather it's worth you and the one you love going through all the bs people have thrown at you two.

Good Luck To All, And I Hope The Best For You All
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why would you ever want to get married?
Posted: 1/24/2006 1:39:18 AM
Everyone has their desires and "wants"....guess it isn't so hard for me because I've never had that desire....and would NEVER give up my name. I respect others that do, but figure maybe I have become jaded about it because almost everyone I know is either divorced, or seperated...and I feel so bad for the children!!!
 Bandito
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/24/2006 1:42:54 AM
Its not the marriage itself but the vows that you make in getting married that are significant. Those set of promises made to each other that allows for that ultimate connection.

I think I want get married again at some point. I always joked with my ex that I wanteed to get remarried again at our favourite winery with or without her. Do you think I should invite her?
 acburbank97
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:48:38 AM
I'm sorry...but after saying those vows in front of 500 family & firends...you DO feel a little different. It is considerably diff, than saying, "Hey, lets shack up!" Sorry, when your living together/ shacking whatever...walking out is no trouble whatsoever.
Yes, you should be sure of your feelings/ relationship before you get married...but to say it's just a ceremony is just not accurate and sells the instituion short.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:51:24 AM
WELL ALL ON HERE ITS 6:45AM AND I HAVE BEEN UP SENSE 1PM YESTERDAY-NOW I'M GOING TO GO SMOKE A CIGG (i know...) AND LAY DOWN BECAUSE ITS ALMOST 7AM. IF ANY REAL!!!!!!!!! CAREING HEART'd HUMAN SOUL IS ACTURLY ON HERE, AND CARE's ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE FEEL FREE TO POST OR ASK WHATEVER IT MAY BE THAT YOU'R WANTING TO KNOW. SENSE I'M GOING TO BE A SINGLE MOM BUT HOPEING WHEN MY BOYFRIEND GETS HOME WE CAN FIND A JUSTICE OF THE PEACE WHO WILL MARRY US, OR WHATEVER THE HELL ITS CALLED. RIGHT NOW I JUST HAVE SO MUCH SHIT GOING ON INSIDE MY HEAD AND OUTSIDE MY LIFE..... (not on here).... I BEARLY SLEEP ANYMORE AND I BEARLY ATE AT ALL THESE LAST FEW WEEK'S.
 mogrl
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:52:30 AM
Why get engaged,i really don`t see the point.I`ll get married again ,maybe this year.Maybe.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/24/2006 6:26:32 PM
Found this... Thought i would post it.!

History of Marriage

The word marriage may be taken to denote the action, contract,
formality, or ceremony by which the conjugal union is formed or
the union itself as an enduring condition. In this article we deal
for the most part with marriage as a condition, and with its moral
and social aspects. It is usually defined as the legitimate union
between husband and wife. "Legitimate" indicates the sanction of
some kind of law, natural, evangelical, or civil, while the
phrase, "husband and wife", implies mutual rights of sexual
intercourse, life in common, and an enduring union. The last two
characters distinguish marriage, respectively, from concubinage
and fornication. The definition, however, is broad enough to
comprehend polygamous and polyandrous unions when they are
permitted by the civil law; for in such relationships there are as
many marriages as there are individuals of the numerically larger
sex. Whether promiscuity, the condition in which all the men of a
group maintain relations and live indiscriminately with all the
women, can be properly called marriage, may well be doubted. In
such a relation cohabitation and domestic life are devoid of that
exclusiveness which is commonly associated with the idea of
conjugal union.
 Riggity
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:05:15 PM
Torentrap,

That's funny. Usually the marriage thing is instigated by the female, but I guess there might be a few exceptions out there. As for myself, yes, I would like to get married one of these days, despite a break-up three weeks before my wedding. Yes it was all planned and everything was ready to go, and POOF! Over a one week period it all changed - for the better. A good friend of mine won't even date unless he feels the person in question has a potentail to marry. He reasons that it's a waste of time and money. To each his/her own I guess.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:16:27 PM
hey riggity,

I have a question why is it now days that the female's have, something bad/wrong to say about getting married and the guy is mostly all for it.?.... It use to be that the female was the one's wanting to get married to the guy they love, settle down with theam. Now it seem's like the female's i've read about/seen does NOT wan't to get married to the one they are dateing/love.

Why Is That?

(Anybody can respond).

Me honestly i can not wait until me and my boyfriend get married, and live the rest of our lives as happy as we can make it. (The only thing's i need to make me the happiest, i've ever been is marrying HIM and our unborn child.) I love him and i miss him so verry much right now it's been sense end of october(last year)- 1-24-06 that he's been, locked up. We have been dateing for 2year's but have known eachother for quiet awhile now and i know and feel it deep inside of me that he is the ONLY one i wan't in my life and will ever love.
 Riggity
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/24/2006 8:34:37 PM
Broken,

It seem's like the female's i've read about/seen does NOT wan't to get married to the one they are dating/love.

I think that's nonsense and applies to people who don't have a respectable family track-record. Mind you, your outlook on life greatly depends on where you sit in the animal kingdom. I have a small, close circle of friends and can tell you that each one has had a good family upbrining, and each one has gone on to marry and have a family. Nature/Nurture(sp?)

Locked up

What the hell ya doing dating this dude!?!? Good grief!
 Riggity
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/24/2006 8:42:33 PM
Wise:

Is this fact? Could it also possible be because of the current laws in Canada?
 Riggity
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:12:40 PM
Wise:

Ya know, I've spent the better part of a total for 1 1/2 years in various parts the USA, at diffrient times for work purposes and one thing I've found is that there appeared to be a significant number of younger married couples with new borns. I don't see that here as often! This is fact! Actually, I even recall one flight back from Denver where there must of been a handfull of younger couples with newborns. What gives?????!!!!
 Riggity
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:45:34 PM
oh ya?

Care to share more? I have a feeling you have a lot more to say, and I would love to hear it.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:53:12 PM
All i can say is EVERYBODY is different and everybody does not feel the same way towards certain "topics" or decission's we can NOT all speak for everybody, if were happy then why should anybody else bother our realtionship or question about the two who want's to get married. Everybody's past relationship's are not same as most of ours and they are different nobody's been through the same EXACT things and same EXACT ways we have been through.

I really do not see why anybody should feel that two, human beings (nobody knows) but there family has the right to say when they should get married. I do NOT have the right to tell anybody i do not know, for that long "not" to get married or not to move in with the person they love.
 Riggity
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:07:21 PM
It's 6:05 AM in Cork.

We should talk sometime oh "wiseone" ;-) But I think we've spoken before!?!?!
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/24/2006 11:16:19 PM
You do know... wiseone is a male right? But i have a question. and being HONEST and comming from men who does NOT play head game's. How many of yall acturly would get married or want's to get married? I use to hear all the time how lot of people would say "I don't wan't to, be alone all my life" Now i bearly see/hear that anymore. I'm just on these fourms because i've acturly met some kewl people on here and it's nice, to have somebody else to talk to who's been through stuff other than always haveing talk to you'r friend's (who you bearly see anymore) or you'r family.

Riggity
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/24/2006 11:38:13 PM
Male? That's okay :-) LOL! Kidding.. Serious ya know... Straight up, providing she's of a respectful nature and has a few other good qualities, then yes. I do :-) I mean...I will..! Mind you, in my early twenties that was the furthest thing on my mind. We really do change, life is one transition after another. Never fear change, tackle life head on, set goals, and like Nike says "just do it!"
 janicholie
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/25/2006 5:26:30 PM
If you were still happily "married" we wouldn't be hearing this from you

Not true. I was unhappy with marriage before it started. Marriage is about government regulation. By the time I got done filling out forms and signing my signature, I felt more married to the government than I did my wife. <-(this has nothing to do with my wife and our relationship, we were both very in love.)

You can make a commitment to someone without saying "I do" to the government. The real mess comes when you get a divorce. Of course, anyone can get married, but the government decides whether it's a good marriage or not? What sense does that make. I'd like to see them live with my wife for a few months. I just want to take whats mine and get the 'ell out. There are obviously some things that should be settled with a mutual party, such as that involving children.

I doubt I'll ever get into another relationship again, and if I do I will definatly not be bringing the government into it with marriage.
 bugsybears
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/25/2006 6:15:23 PM
sorry keptreal i don't buy that one. being married doesn't take away the ability to love one another in a sincere way. being married should bring you even closer together. if not, then you got married for all the wrong reasons.
 Sundoll
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:12:27 PM
Let me tell you why I am getting married~

I love this man with my whole heart. He is my best friend and there isn't anything I wouldn't do for him. I can't imagine my life without him. We share the same likes (for the most part) and dislikes (for the most part). We have the same goals in life and need each other to complete them.

I used to say I would never get married. But I think when you find the one... that ONE... you will know and want to do the symbolic marriage stuff.
 jimb77
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:21:44 PM
Family. Only for a family but then you never know when th ehormones are goon erupt, so why would any man ever get married should be the question.

Of course why would anyone put a rat on their shoulder?
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:24:54 PM
Hey "Sundoll" I'm happy for you if you'r happy and your boyfriend (maybe husband now) is happy, than thats all that count's yall look really happend in that picture on you'r profile. And why i want to marry my boyfriend is bascily the same reason's theres no words to EXPLAIN/EXPRESS the way i feel towards him.

Good Luck On Whatever It May Be, That Comes Yalls Way!
 Workman1
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:22:10 PM
Good luck.. Marriage is nothing more than a legal agreement to give half or many times more than half of everything you make to the woman. My parents were married for 35 years before my mom died. I’m sure they would still be married today. My ex-wife just up and left, no real reason. Said she wanted to be independent and she didn’t love me anymore. (I don’t know why she said that when now she is with a new man.) Well, for marriages that last 20+ years, you fall in and out of love with the spouse. It’s the marriage that holds things together in the end. But she had different views.

I will never get married again.
 mulata84
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:26:50 PM
marriage is more then just a commitment, or piece of paper. Marriageis is a promise u make to each other, god and your family of the pure love u share for each other.
 Workman1
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:28:35 PM
Tell that to my ex-wife
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why would you ever want to get married?