Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bigshrek
Msg: 276
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIANPage 12 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I've tried going vegetarian...Nutrisystem is all soy/tofu as far as I can tell...no real meat at ALL...but after about 4 months the craving for dead cow & chicken was too much. I've cut sugar/carbs out with more ease than meat...

Some folks are carnivores, some are vegetarians/vegan/etc...to each their own!
 MrSmileyHimself
Msg: 277
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:20:21 PM
I am and always will be a carnivore. I have no personal problems with vegetarians and have even dated a few. Problem comes when I want to cook them diner. I eat meat so guess what I cook...meat. Now that doesn't mean I don't respect their dietary preference and prepare, to the best of my ability, a nice veggi dish as well, but cooking together is one of my favorite activities and vegetarianism in my kitchen just leave me feeling disconnected.
 piscescoda
Msg: 278
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:37:14 PM
Omnivore.

MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/5/2008 11:51:47 PM
Vegan.

Ever notice that ppl who eat meat stink when they sweat? If you are a meat eater, you probably have not (noticed).

Me, I only date fellow vegX's -- yeah, i know, i might be missing someone who's just great and otherwise totally compatible. That's life at the pond.
 dev1976
Msg: 280
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/8/2008 7:36:44 AM

If God hadn't meant for us to eat MEAT, he wouldn't have made it taste so good..
JMO

God has never ever (in any religions) directs or indicates to do what is pleases to us. God has given FREE WILL only to the human to chose and follow the righteous path. Some are cannibal, do you think that is what God mean them to do? Do you think God meant us to do thievery because it is easy for one to become rich? Do we do sex with anyone just because it pleases us or feels heavenly? Have we ever thougt the pain we inflict by killing an animal?
 piscescoda
Msg: 281
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/10/2008 9:46:46 PM
1. Religious arguments aren't valid anywhere.
2. People and domestic (i.e. cats and dogs) are made out of the same "meat" as "food" animals. Why be picky? And by picky, I mean "ignorant."

Ever notice that ppl who eat meat stink when they sweat? If you are a meat eater, you probably have not (noticed).

No they don't, and I think that's ridiculous and makes the rest of us vegetarians look bad.
 tigerlily1
Msg: 282
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/10/2008 10:58:20 PM
Absolutley, she may whince at the wounded calf on your plate, I can be a meat eater at times and then just stick the vegan diet, depends on my mood and my body at the time.....

I love to see men and my sons eating meat especially medium rare, or rare, It's good for men who work hard and play hard.......

I do hate the sight of it and squirm a little as I eat my charcoal well done meat, but it is not a turn off.......

It's the extremests you have stay away from otherwise you will be a mass murderer and treated accordingly.

Are you chewing with your mouth open, or some other unrefined eating habit, My x used to chomp away, mouth open, food down the front of his shirt, it was horrible , I got around it, by sitting next to him instead of across from him and used to make up excuses so we could be put at tables and find seating where no one else could see, It used to make me not want to eat, I picked places with booths and that were dimly lit and sitting next to him made the whole thing much more bearable.........

I never said anything i am not his mother and don't intend to be, I told the kids to eat with their mouths closed enough, but he never quite got the pitcure......

I knew him well before we ever went to dinner, so the turn ons out wayed the turn offs once we started eating out.

It would turn me off a first date, it really would........

Etiquette could be the problem, not the meat, but you how consume the meat and conduct yourself at the restaurant.

forum101
Msg: 283
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:01:15 AM
Krysta4u said: "
Hey Dharma,

Go ..Go...Go!!!!!!!!!! My children, 7 and 13 have lived on a vegetarian diet all of their lives. My seven year old has just jumped a grade at school and wins ALL of the running and swimming races to boot! My daughter was invited into the 'Gifted and Talented' class in Primary School and has also just won a scholarship to go to High School. She also has previously outdone her carnivorous friends in surf carnivals and the cross country competions. I now have my whole house adorned with blue ribbons and medals! What better proof is there that a well planned and balanced vegetarian diet is superior to a carnivorous one? One perfect protein meal, (a favourite of my kids) is a Mexican meal which includes corn, rice, beans and salad. None of their meat eating friends have ever turned up their nose at my killer taco and enchilada meals...so expand your horizons 'meat and potatoes people'....theres so much more to life!!!!!
dev1976pr

Does this prove that a vegetarian diet is superior? My girl is 9 years old, 4th grade, also straight A's, Gifted and Talented class, Just got her reading score yesterday. Reading grade level is 8.8. Guess what? She eats meat.
 Sharana
Msg: 284
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:21:06 AM
As a vegetarian for the last 30+ years I have to say that I am not interested in men who are meateaters. I don't like watching them eat the rotting flesh of some innocent creature who was mercilessly slaughtered so that they can enjoy the taste of the animal's muscle tissue. How barbaric is that? Go ahead and eat your foul death dinners but just remember that what goes around, comes around. Karma is, after all, karma and if you don't believe in karma, how unfortunate for you. I know this is going to anger many of you carcass eaters out there, but who cares? If one of you wakes up after reading my words, it will have been worth the trouble to post this.
 Mirage111
Msg: 285
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/11/2008 1:18:04 PM
Its my choice to be a vegitarian. Now my family did not chose it so I honor their choices and decision....meat is still served in my house but not on my plate. Its simple.
 dev1976
Msg: 286
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/11/2008 3:06:26 PM
Thats nice Mirage...You are in same boat as mine....My parents and siblings eat meat. When I visit home, we all eat together....just i don't eat the non-veg food. Normally we prepare at least 2-3 dishes. We just need to respect other's choices and decision and at the same time, we should stay at our own choice.
 dev1976
Msg: 287
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/11/2008 3:16:01 PM

Go ..Go...Go!!!!!!!!!! My children, 7 and 13 have lived on a vegetarian diet all of their lives. My seven year old has just jumped a grade at school and wins ALL of the running and swimming races to boot! My daughter was invited into the 'Gifted and Talented' class in Primary School and has also just won a scholarship to go to High School. She also has previously outdone her carnivorous friends in surf carnivals and the cross country competions. I now have my whole house adorned with blue ribbons and medals! What better proof is there that a well planned and balanced vegetarian diet is superior to a carnivorous one? One perfect protein meal, (a favourite of my kids) is a Mexican meal which includes corn, rice, beans and salad. None of their meat eating friends have ever turned up their nose at my killer taco and enchilada meals...so expand your horizons 'meat and potatoes people'....theres so much more to life!!!!!
dev1976pr

Does this prove that a vegetarian diet is superior? My girl is 9 years old, 4th grade, also straight A's, Gifted and Talented class, Just got her reading score yesterday. Reading grade level is 8.8. Guess what? She eats meat.

I am happy for your girl and i congratulate you and your girl for the achievements. Similarly, other two girls also succeed without eating meat. It does indicate that...meat eating is certainly not necessary for greater success........so why to kill the innocent animals if one can live happy and healthy with veg diet?....but sure, if someone is not happy and healthy with veg diet, he/she can eat non-veg...its the individual choice.

Einstein, Newton, Gandhi, Tolstoy are a few names who were vegetarian
 forum101
Msg: 288
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/11/2008 9:07:23 PM
but sure, if someone is not happy and healthy with veg diet, he/she can eat non-veg...its the individual choice.

thank you
 bigshrek
Msg: 289
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/20/2008 9:06:00 AM
Some of us are out & out omnivores. I've been on vegetarian/vegan diets...for me, it just doesn't work. I require meat/fish/avian. I grew up on a farm and had pets that I later had to kill & eat. It's not easy to kill 'em, but they taste SOO GOOD!!! Kinda outweighs the whole pet thing.

As far as WHY people eat meat with all those lovely alternatives out there?? The reasons range from taste to choice. Tofu is a wonderful substance and can be VERY tasty...but it hardly compares with a filet mignon. You can have my pepperoni pizza when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers. I'm not about to give that up.

Anyone who frequents oriental restraunts has more than likely had their share of dog & cat...go to some countries and you can have rat on a stick.

Nature is a cruel place. We humans ARE animals...granted we are fancy monkies that have learned how to think and make things that no other animal could even dream of...but at our base we are still ANIMALS. If we weren't eating Bambi, the bears & wolves would and they wouldn't be so nice at to make certain Bambi was deceased before starting dinner...just non-mobile.

Y'all vegans & whatnot enjoy your food choices, us omnnivores will enjoy ours. No need for hate & strong words...it's a lifestyle choice that is pre-determined much as sexual orientation...it's hard-wired. I did Nutrisystem (tofu) for a little over a year...lost a few pounds, but in the end I craved real meat at a level which took me from my regular Well Done (charcoal) steak down to Medium...I still can't do Rare (yuk). I have recognized that I am a omnivourous being and I use a balanced diet to maintain my well-being. I quite often use meatless dishes for variety, but totally giving up meat, milk & cheese is far past my ability...and it's not even something I'll even entertain at this point in my life.
 Veeegan
Msg: 290
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/25/2008 3:52:14 PM
This was probably said already, but:

It really annoys me that people call eating meat is a "personal dietary choice." If an animal has to die for your food it is not a "personal choice." A personal dietary choice would be, "I like the taste of strawberries more than bananas." Saying killing an animal is a personal dietary choice is like saying raping someone is a "personal sexual preference," (I'm not trying to say that killing an animal is as bad/worse, just trying to make a point).

Also, for all of those people using God as an excuse:

Does your God really condone the systematic and UNNECESSARY killing of innocent, sentient beings?
 bassman1959
Msg: 291
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/26/2008 8:43:58 AM
Veeegan,

I wouldn't call it a "personal dietary choice" either. I eat meat because my body says I have to. It would be very unhappy with out it. Some people do fine without meat. Others don't. I have to have meat. And since when is killing an animal to eat UNNECESSARY? I think eating it before you kill it would be kind of cruel. You would have to be a pretty big eater too. One cow can feed a lot of people.
 Christoph83
Msg: 292
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/26/2008 1:49:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zhL1YUd8Q
 Veeegan
Msg: 293
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/26/2008 7:03:53 PM

I eat meat because my body says I have to. It would be very unhappy with out it. Some people do fine without meat. Others don't. I have to have meat. And since when is killing an animal to eat UNNECESSARY?

"Well-planned vegan and other types of vegetarian diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including during pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood and adolescence."

You "need" meat? Really? You are telling me you know more than the ADA about nutrition? Most people who say they don't do well on a vegetarian diet don't take the time to research nutrition. How can you say it is NECESSARY to kill and eat animals when you could just as easily eat a vegetarian diet?

I love to see men and my sons eating meat especially medium rare, or rare, It's good for men who work hard and play hard.......

There aren't any nutrients in meat (except maybe B12) that cannot be gotten elsewhere pretty easily.
 bassman1959
Msg: 294
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/26/2008 10:13:54 PM
Yes Veeegan,

I need meat. I prefer venison. Deer meat is a lot leaner than anything you find on a farm. Taste a lot better too. And the fun thing is I get to go out into the woods and harvest it myself. I have known a lot of vegans that tried it for years only to admit thay never felt satisfied.
Back in the 80's I sat next to a vegan couple on a flight from San Francisco to New York. The woman seemed polite but her husband was the most cranky person I ever met. He told me that he had been a vegan for 5 years when he saw what I was eating. He said it looked gross. Funny thing...... he had to ask me to pull down his wife's over night bag from the over head compartment. The guy was about 15 years older than me at the time. Poor guy just didn't have the strengh. I imagin I am about 5 years older than he was at the time. And I wouldn't have any problem lifting that bag.

Hey, some people just don't function well without meat. And I don't need the ADA to try and convince me. People are meat eaters. Heck, even Apes eat meat.
 American_Iconoclast
Msg: 295
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/26/2008 10:52:45 PM
You dont even have to kill my steak, just club it over the head and I'll eat it before it wakes up.

I dont imagine life would be harmonious with a vegan.
 forum101
Msg: 296
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/26/2008 11:46:53 PM
vegetarians are so defensive. Dont plants get killed before they are turned into food? PLANT KILLERS. that poor defenseless bean, or brussel sprout. dont plants have rights? Get over yourselves. Eat what you will, but grant everyone else that same.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 297
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/27/2008 12:09:21 AM
Take her to fridays get the spinach dip and a salad for her. fi she;s a vegan she won;t eat the spinach dip ebcuase its got cheese in it. Vegetarians are morons in my opinion. Animals were put on thsi earth to be eaten by other animals.Everything eats everything. nothing morally wrong with eating a creature as long as you kill it in a humane way. Meaning shooting it or slitting its throat and not beating it to death. Doing it for health reasons is not really that healthy becuase like you said it lacks protein that we need for our activities. Humans are omnivores meaning we need a combination of meat and vegetables. I am a meat and potatoes kind of guy too. you Know Hitler was a vegetarian! he did it for health reasons he had health problems depsite this lifestyle. And would you want to be more like hitler? some peopel think being a vegetarian is less violent and more responsible to nature. But in fact more animals die everyear from wheat thrashers and these animals are not eatent hey just rot int he wheat fields. Wheat is Murder! I like a woman who likes to eat greasy burgers have a few glasses of wine while we schmooze and have a nice meal and make love when we get home. Yeah, spinach dip some nice Jack daniel's burgers and marathon sex! So my advice to you is date the girl if she respects your lifestyle chocie to eat meat. But if she's a Peta nut then don't evne bother with her.
 rosinakate
Msg: 298
view profile
History
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/27/2008 12:12:03 AM
there is that saying your are what you eat.....are you happy with your lifestyle, if so why change it .....people accept you for who you are not what they want you to be ..dont change to what someone wants you to , go to another table, if eating is an issue what other will come to surface?
 happyfeetca
Msg: 299
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/27/2008 12:13:04 AM
I was brought up as a meat and potatoes kind of guy. But Man I love Sushi and Sashimi. Love raw fish, but I am also a fan of Smoked Cod, especially with a loaf of French or Italian bread with lots of butter. BTW I only weigh 130lbs.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 300
MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN
Posted: 3/27/2008 12:33:59 AM
Albert Einstien was bnot a vegetarian. I checked. but Adolf hitler was. Ghandi was Hindu and that's a religious thing and not part of the political or health or moral reasons of vegetarianism. Nothing mroe moral about vegetarians in fact their ways of condemning people who eat meat and acting holier than though. is much the was MAc users are and say that the mac is better without being able to back up that claim and jsut outrigth criticizing otehrs ebcuase they don;t agree with their ideology.

facts of vegetarianism:

1 .It has not been proven to be healthier
2. Human are omnivores meaning we need both meat and vegetables
3. Vegetarians are not more moral becuase they are killing plants to survive and many animals die from wheat thrashers. and those animals are left to rot and suffer in the fields and are not eaten.
4. vegetarians are not less violent. They are more critical of others who don;t follow their ways and Hitler was a vegetarian. I can't stress that enough.
5. What you eat won't make you smarter. Education and having mental compacity does. Paris Hilten is a Billionaire, a vegetarian, and has an IQ of 70 that is like borderline mental retardation.
6. Vegearian diets cause people to emit more gas. All those beans and roughage makes the person fart!
7. Dating a vegetaria means you date someone who thinks they are better than you, more moral than you, and farts a lot! Not for me!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > MEAT EATER Vs VEGETARIAN