Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Carol27
Msg: 5
vasectomy: turnoff or neutral?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Yes, I believe it completely depends on the childbearing aspirations...and no, I don't think it would extinguish the desire to have sex.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 8
vasectomy: turnoff or neutral?
Posted: 1/24/2006 10:34:46 PM
Not a turn-off.
 SpanishTulip
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/2/2006 8:10:49 PM
A turnoff for me because I want kids. I just found out that the guy I'm seeing had himself fixed a couple of years ago and now this puts me in a very bad position. I must now decide on whether I should really continue being in this relationship???? I am planning on talking with him tomorrow night about this, and his feelings about having more kids and whether he would have it reversed?
 MelissaMelissa
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/3/2006 2:30:27 PM
Definetly depends on the girl. I know many wonderful, intelligent, successful women and couples who just prefer not to have children- so those girls exist out there and they arent just selfish people who dont want to commit.

Personally, it'd be a relief for me. I'm very much on the fence about having another one and though I wouldnt mind it- I have no huge emotional urge to do it. I know I'd love another child if I chose to have one and the situation were right. If I were to meet a guy with a vasectomy, I'd be happy not to have to worry about that huge decision. I wouldnt be bummed not to have another one, and I would worry about him someday deciding he wanted to do so.

And I'm 21... so even younger women may not mind this.
 MelissaMelissa
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/3/2006 6:25:03 PM
Well said Nostrings... we always have to remember to treat people how we wish to be treated.
 SpanishTulip
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/11/2006 8:53:22 PM
"ok spanishtulip...i certianly hope noone rejects me because of a firtility issue...after all love is love..how would you feel if this man became fertile again only to find out you couldnt have children...and he dumped you??life doesnt always work out the way we want it too so if you are truly inlove with this guy then you will find a way to resolve it."

I want children, so I would not want to be with someone that got himself fixed and was not willing to reverse it. He made the choice to get this operation, so I have the choice to not continue the relationship since having children is important to me, and in all honestly, I will not be happy in the long run, because the door to children would have been shut right from the start. If on the other hand, I was with someone that couldn't have children, not because he had himself fixed but because that's the way it was, I would stay with him because it is not his fault.

Having a vasectomy is the guy's choice. It is not something that you just do without really thinking about it. And he should be aware that if he gets involved with someone without children, that there is a good chance that the girl would like to have children, and you can't really blame the girl if she cannot continue the relationship because having children is important to her, and you can't expect her to give up the idea of having children for something that the guy did to himself! It is simply not fair!!!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2006 9:34:14 PM
Reversal is "iffy" at best, near here in Toronto is a place called ReproMed. Stop by there abd deposit a couple "pop"-cicles ....... then get a snip, then you have all bases coverred. If at a later date you and a partner decide to have kids you are set and if you don't there is no worry about unexpected pregnancy. I can't stress this one enough, every couple I have talked about this with the lack of any fear of unexpected prengangy has been almost aphrodisiac for their wives/gf's, and the ladies claim their guys performance even improved when they had no worries that way themselves.

Now to book mine .............. To do list: Pay someone to stab one of my most sensitve body parts ........... repeatedly.
 and now...The Amazing Eli
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/28/2006 9:41:40 AM
sooooooo, as a single father of 4 year old twins i have been wondering if i should make a tee shirt to wear to bars that advertises my snippage, seedles grapes. or is that going too far?
 sparticuss
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/28/2006 8:35:15 AM
I've made no secret of my little snip job and I've actually gotten laid less since it than before it.

But I blame that more on grreying hair and a bit more weight than any snip job.
 Be gone
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/11/2007 10:00:00 AM
the plan when I got snipped was to adopt a child if we wanted another one. Needless to say we never adopted but i would be open to adoption with the right women.

BTW, the sex afterward was just incredible.... not having to worry about another child popping in to your life expectantly.

I never regreted having it done.
 Bing147
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/1/2007 3:04:24 AM
I seriously don't see why it could be a problem... with all the kids out there that need good homes, there's always adoption. Or a donor. There are plenty of ways to have children nowadays. Frankly, I know I hope to have 1 or 2 of my own and adopt 2 or 3 more. Adoption rocks, give kids who need a good home one.
 Whatbigteeth
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/1/2007 9:03:31 AM
Turn on, considering we do not want more children.
 rockondon
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2007 12:14:38 PM
If you tell a girl you rode a horse home after you got snipped it might be a turn on.
 rjpeagles
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/8/2007 9:58:41 PM
I've dated 2 women who had major problems with the fact that I had a vascetomy. One was younger (her 25, me 41), the other one was approaching 40 and made it clear she was looking for a long term relationship that would result in marriage and a child.
 Canoe Gal
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/8/2007 10:41:28 PM
For me it wouldn't matter either way since I can't have anymore kids. I would have to say I was neutral.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 77
Posted: 8/16/2007 5:14:13 PM
yeeahh wtf?????? how come its always the women who seem to have to get tied???? most men dont realize its easier for the men to get sterilized than the women, we have to have actual surgery!!!!!

grumble grumble....buttt as for the ops q..it can be a turn on if the woman is done child rearing..
 Earthen_Angel
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/17/2007 7:06:12 AM

I would be very hesitant to date a man thats had a vasectomy. Only because I want (more) children.
Although if the connection was once in a lifetime and it was either have this connection, or have another child I would strongly consider being with that man.

stole the worlds right out of my mouth. But I'd like to add it wouldnt stop me from hooking up with a man who had one, i dont date to have kids lol. It'd make it alot easier actually, because the birthcontrol wouldnt be such a pain.
 rjpeagles
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/17/2007 2:35:16 PM

I am the first to admit that i think sex will suck as i age.

Sh!t, I didn't even hit my prime til I was about 33 and 10 years later I'm still going strong.

Had a vasectamy just short of my 35th birthday when I was still married a few months after my 2nd son was born. Only side effect I've had is that my right testicle swoll up a little bit and occassionly when doing doggie style it gets tender from the banging (no pun intended).
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/17/2007 9:42:19 PM
When you arrive at THE DOCTORS office you are taken into the procedure room. There you can select the tape or CD of your choice to be played during the procedure. Alternatively you are welcome to bring your own CD which we will be happy to play. You keep your shoes and socks on and simply lower your pants, underwear and athletic support. You lay down on the table, and then your scrotal area is cleansed. An elastic is then gently placed around your penis which is lifted back away from the scrotum. The elastic is then clipped to your shirt. You are then covered with a surgical drape and the scrotum is brought through an opening in the drape. After putting a little freezing solution into the scrotal skin, (not into the testicle), you should not feel anything.

The freezing is accomplished using the no needle anesthetic method. This involves an air jet injector that delivers a spray of anesthetic under high pressure through the skin, virtually painlessly and very effectively.

Virtually never are oral sedative medications required.

Once the area is frozen, the doctor locates the tubes one at a time. He gently holds each tube between his fingertips, and grasps them with a specially designed ringed clamp. With a pair of special forceps, he makes one tiny puncture into the skin of the scrotum. This small line "l" , approximately 2 millimetres, represents the true size of the puncture. With the same instrument he gently lifts the first tube out through this opening.

You should be aware that once the tubes have been brought out through the tiny 2mm opening in the scrotum, approaches among physicians on how to block them differ. For example, some procedures involve just cutting and tying the ends of the tube. Others cauterize (burn) the ends. Still others affix metal titanium clips to the ends. Combinations of any of these are also possible the doctor prefers to use a highly-effective and safe technique known as the Schmidt method, developed by American urologist Stanwood Schmidt (description follows).

Once the sperm tube (1.) is lifted out of the scrotum, it is cut and the upper end (abdominal) is cauterized. The cauterization on the end of the tube stimulates the formation of a strong scar that blocks the tube. This procedure is carried out on both sperm tubes.

* Some studies suggest that when the tube is cut, the testicular end should be left open (called Open Vasectomy), and that doing this may, in fact, reduce the likelihood of post-vasectomy pain. Further studies are needed. The open-ended vasectomy is the technique currently performed at the Pollock Clinics.

Dr. then carries out the next step (3.), that some studies suggest increases the success of the procedure, called fascial interposition. This step involves bringing the fascial sheath, or covering of the sperm tube, over one end of the cut tube to create a natural barrier between the two cut ends. Fascial interposition can be carried out using titanium clips or with a dissolvable thread. Dr. preference is to use a dissolvable thread, thereby leaving no foreign metal bodies in the scrotum.

Dr. then gently places the separated ends back in the scrotum, and the same procedure is done through the same small opening on the other sperm tube. The opening is finally covered with a gauze pad, and you can pull up your athletic support and clothes. In Dr. hand the one small skin opening is so tiny that it closes itself without the need for stitches or any other skin closure material. This tiny opening heals quickly and virtually without a trace. You can shower after your surgery without any problems, (of course no scrubbing of the surgical area should be done).

Everyone seems to wonder what happens to the sperm after their vasectomy. The testicles will continue to produce sperm that will in turn leak out the lower ends of the cut vas tubes. The sperm cells are surrounded and broken down by the body’s waste removal cells into their component parts, which are either excreted or recycled. This process causes no concerns of any clinical significance.

To view the entire procedure. Check out the video page.

Another hallmark of Dr. has always been a commitment to the most meticulous surgical technique. In keeping with this philosophy, Dr. does all of his no-scalpel vasectomies under optical binocular magnification. This allows Dr. to view every element of your surgery in far greater depth and detail than could be done with the unaided eye. This is just another added feature at the Pollock Clinics that is so helpful in allowing Dr. to perform a virtually bloodless, painless 7 minute surgery.

Our procedure is so simple and easy that after having something to drink and relaxing for few minutes, men have no trouble driving home on their own. So at the Pollock Clinics, you do not have to bring a driver with you

OWWWCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
 yrknightawaitsu
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/18/2007 7:40:34 PM
I have given this subject great thought in the past. I decided to hold off doing it just in case I meet Lady Wonderful and she desires to create a child out of love with me. When I meet her and it is clear she does not want kids, I will happily ( ok not completely happily because I'm not needle friendly), take care of this matter.

Other than that, you must be careful about the reasons you are doing it.
 brandy_n_3
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/23/2007 12:27:21 PM
It is a turn on for me. I am so done having children of my own, I never want to be pregnant again once this pregnancy is over. I am getting my tubes done and have wondered if that would affect how potential mate would view me since I could never give him a child of his own, but I know if I met a man that went through the big V I would be very very happy.
 swthrt0809
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/26/2007 12:56:12 AM
I have to agree that having the vasectomy is a great turn on as I have 3 of my own children. and I have gotten my self fixed as I do not want to bare any more children. I am very content with the fact that I can have as much sex as I want with out something happening and having to go through all of the baby stages again.

A male who has had the Vasectomy DONE<<<<<<
 swthrt0809
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/26/2007 12:56:50 AM
Great turn on!!!it did not post.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >