Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day... do you ag      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 51
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day... do you agree... what did you have today?Page 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
french toast with cream cheese, drizzled with raspberry honey and sliced dragonfruit on the side
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 52
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day... do you agree... what did you have today?
Posted: 10/23/2006 12:56:13 PM
Today was three salmon burritos with mexican hot pepper sauce. Interesting that's real close what the gal above had, and I was just getting ready to say I bet nobody had anything like that. I guess I was wrong. I have a theory on hot food, I think the body makes the food go through the system so fast that not all calories are absorbed, just a theory. Normally it's raisin bran and powdered milk when I'm on my sailboat.
 brawnydog
Msg: 53
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day... do you agree... what did you have today?
Posted: 10/23/2006 2:09:40 PM
I just do coffee and cigs.

i think next time i'll try it with some 'foot in my mouth' on the side...............

I normally get a bowl of "foot up my azz" before I realize that I ate that.

moo
 Outdoor2
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2006 7:18:11 PM
Coffee...3 cups...please don't talk to me until the first cup is in my hand...
I'll just ignore you

Shreddies...the plain kind...with several tablespoons of yogurt...
preferably 0 fat and organic...

If that's not enough, a banana or orange will do the trick.

Yes, it is the most important meal of the day!
 blondago56
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2006 10:23:23 PM
i had my Coffee I.V. , and a piece of toast with sharp cheddar cheese melted on it....

*Outdoor2..what is "Shreddies"? is that like 'shredded wheat'?
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/7/2006 1:21:50 PM
Peanut butter on whole wheat bread with garlic powder sprinkled on real heavy, I've been trying to eats lots of garlic lately. You can't taste it on the PB. Bet not many had that....LOL
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/8/2006 12:02:58 PM
buckwheat honey and cream cheese on 12 grain bread
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2006 1:16:47 PM
gosh we have a lot of very healthy people here,me no breakfast is ermmm coffee and a fag(ciggy)I can't eat for at least a couple of hours of waking up,how can (my daughter)be hungrey the second she opens her eyes?,yes a full english breakfast is yummy,but for dinner lol, at around 11ish maybe a bagel or toast,but rarely before that,Oh did I mention my ciggys?

athlectic.... something tells me you have a crush on someone hehe hehe
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2006 5:00:54 PM
2 cups of warm sweet coffee with vanilla cream, soft chewy cranberry almond trial mix bar and a lovely sumptious pear. at my computer at work.
 Art welder
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/8/2006 9:15:32 PM
That's a great recipe, My son loves it! Thanks for sharing!
 Art welder
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/8/2006 9:34:10 PM
wups, thought I was replying direct to mizbex
That's a great recipe, Mizbex. My son loves it! Thanks for sharing!

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the whole day, I can skip lunch easily.
I tend to go portable and have bread, brie,tomato with black coffee or seasoned rice with lil fishies/chopped surimi cake wrapped in nori and green tea or miso soup in my mug. I pocket an apple for later.
It never fails. On that rare occasion that I'm hung over, red bull seems to really help before breakfast
I also love waffles and keep a few varieties in the freezer since I always make more than I need when my son comes over or I have breakfast guests.
I can pop em in the 2 waffle maker while my coffee brews. I usually go waffle on one side, sausage on the other while I scramble an egg. My weenie dog usually ends up with half my eggs too.
A japanese friend of mine hates sweet foods, so I improvised savory waffles topped with hamachi kama scrambled with eggs and a quick mushroom gravy. Sorta like the chicken and waffles I grew up on.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/16/2006 8:14:29 AM
I think if your single and living alone it also depends a lot on what is open in the fridge. For example yesterday I had a couple big sardines (probably fish steaks) in tomato sauce with hot pepper jack cheese wrapped in a tortilla shell and microwaved because all those where open in the fridge. I also had a grapefruit that I eat like an orange, peel the skin and eat the wedges separately. Today I had a couple jalapeno hot pepper sauce and pepper jack cheese on tortilla wraps and a couple oranges. Tomorrow I'll start something new, the cheese and tortillas are done, but it will probably have some hot pepper sauce on it, cause the open can is still about half full. I hate to waste anything, that's the major thing that got me to where I am today. Not having to work and enjoying life with more than everything that I need. Also buying used stuff, learning and doing all my own repair work on everything that I own, and not being afraid to break something that already doesn't work anyway. Have a great day. Enjoy those leftovers. Jon
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/18/2006 1:53:54 PM
french toast using 12 grain bread ( my sneaky way of getting my boys to eat grain .. muahahhahahaaa) , lightly sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, a side of browned sausages drizzled with a bit o' syrup and a cuppa strawberry flavored milk

me................coffee
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 1:49:14 PM
a baked chicken breast flaked with melted gouda wrapped in flour tortilla
 Smilnlady
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/7/2007 12:59:42 PM
Leftover cold spaghetti-O's... I was in a rush
 WaikikiWahine
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2007 2:42:41 PM
Yup, super important. Meals should decrease in size as the day rolls on..."breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper".

Easier said than done, though. My stomach doesn't wake up when I get up. Fruit for breakfast is common on weekdays. On weekends? Anything goes! Esp. things wrapped in tortillas!

WW
 WaikikiWahine
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2007 5:04:01 PM
This is why I live for lazy weekend mornings. Deciding what to make in a leisurely fashion.
 Reenie999
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/7/2007 5:20:44 PM
I don't know whether or not breakfast is the MOST important.....ALL my meals are important to me.LOL.

In any case I always eat a good breakfast and have from a kid. This morning I had my usual....2 Eggbeaters scrambled( in place of real eggs, no cholesterol), a slice of cantaloupe, a muffin and a pot of tea (don't drink coffee).

In Winter I sometimes have pancakes or French toast instead of eggs and have ready-to-eat bacon which just needs to be heated in the microwave......once in a while I'll also have hot cereal in Winter with eggbeaters scrambled along with the cantaloupe and muffin.
 WaikikiWahine
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2007 7:45:25 PM
A favorite weekend breakfast for me is fried rice. I use bacon and bacon drippings as a base and saute all the veggies, rice and eggs in it. You can really go nuts with the ingredaments!!! Bacon, portuguese sausage, onions, peas, fishcake, anything you like.

There's a garlic sauce here that's bottled and is the bomb in fried rice. You can even buy it online....called "Sugoi's", means delicious, I think, and it IS!
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 71
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/7/2007 9:54:30 PM
i do like makin sunday breakfast at work tho...its nice to see clients going up for 2nds and 3rds
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/8/2007 8:33:31 PM
Today was biscuits and gravy, yesterday was PB and J waiting for a flight at the airport, normally when on the boat it's a bowl of cereal and powdered milk with water. Quite often it's what's in the fridge left over from dinner. Breakfast is just another meal, what's important is a balanced diet, but in my oppinion it doesn't have to be a balanced meal, lunch might be a salad and dinner a main course with breakfast a dessert. Variety, that's the spice of life, Have you heard about my 6 day old dirty sock chilli? That's on another thread I posted tonight, now that's food for thought.
 WaikikiWahine
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 7:51:46 PM
Love this thread! Yesterday, (Sun) it was an egg in a frame. Wholewheat bread. Also turkey bacon.

Fried up the little circle of bread along with the main event and had it with Guava jam. Yum!

WW
 Moonchild51
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 7:10:20 AM
I haven't had breaky yet! I know tis much better to kick start the old furnace first thing in the morning! Something I have to work on for sure!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day... do you agree... what did you have today?