Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AnthonyJ
Msg: 60
older for younger Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Well, ok.....1/3 my age plus 4? I can live with that......That would make me eligible to date an 18 year old.....So, like I said, I have no problem with these calculations...LOL
 mikedanger
Msg: 61
older for younger
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:24:26 PM
apparently, society has become more permissive in the new millenium, and MAXIM feels this formula reflects that....
 AnthonyJ
Msg: 62
older for younger
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:35:46 PM
LOL....Maybe I am a pervert for being attracted to and wanting to date 18,19,20 year olds.....But oh well!
 mikedanger
Msg: 63
older for younger
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:12:43 PM
tj: go for it brother! "we don't need permission for anything" - sex pistols
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 69
view profile
History
older for younger
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:30:50 AM
Interesting therioes spoken here by several members. ImCookin, I must say I tend to disagree with you on the younger guys flocking to us older women if they have not scored by the end of the night. I have never had a problem with younger men hitting on me. I have two grown sons and their friends often come on to me. My boys kids me about not being able to introduce me to their friends because they may soon have a Step-Dad younger than them. Actually they know better, but it is good to be able to laugh about it. I am not intimadated by any woman younger than me. I am not ashamed of my age nor do I try to hide it.I enjoy the company of men of different ages although I usually do perfer someone younger. Some people my age are old, some are young, and some are .. just people. I am not a "just people" woman. I am also not a woman to be classified by my age. If someone described me, I am sure they would not begin it with .. "she is an older woman .. or a 54 yr. old". They would probably say .. "She is a woman beyond description!"
 mikedanger
Msg: 71
older for younger
Posted: 2/9/2006 1:28:30 PM
queeny: BUT, what if he were yer age; a semi-good-lookin', half a boy, half a man kinda guy?
 mikedanger
Msg: 73
older for younger
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:10:58 PM
queenie, you misunderstood... i wasn't offerin'... just hypothesizin'....
 bornnice23
Msg: 80
older for younger
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:52:14 PM
as a woman over 40,i myself usually date around 40, even once slightly younger. i personally don't consider, well, he's ten years younger than me, i can't do it. it's how we get along together, mutual interests. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't- it also depends on maturity levels. some younger men are very mature, and many women will agree- lots of men who are over 40, an also be quite immature. they are more settled, and sedentary. if i meet someone i am mutually attracted to, i don't bother with their chronological age. as maxine said on my coffee mug-" age is just a number, and mine is unlisted." if you both like each other, who cares what the age difference is, as long it's not illegal. besides, everyone knows women over 40 rock, and we rule !
 mikedanger
Msg: 84
older for younger
Posted: 2/11/2006 11:34:47 PM
countrygirl: so 42's right in there, then? where's newnan?
 catman40
Msg: 85
older for younger
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:22:26 AM
My ex-girlfreind was 7 years older then me . best years of my life .
 catman40
Msg: 89
older for younger
Posted: 2/18/2006 2:14:37 PM
I hope to find one older then me . then , she can have teh fun . the only thing she can't control is my bank account or credit cards . once was too many times .
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 94
view profile
History
older for younger
Posted: 3/9/2006 11:16:54 PM
Most ladies that ask me out are15 to 18 years younger than me. I have found that many (that means not all) at or around my age are very set in their ways and opinions and judgements and although are outwardly seeking something new they are (possibly unintentionally) paralleling me with a former unpleasant relationship ... so it is a no-go from the start .... whereas the younger ladies are much more open to new friendships/relationships/ and experiencing life. I am certain that the same has been experienced by many ladies ... age is a very small factor ... you can have good and/or bad relationships with any age ... maturity ... readiness for a new experience / relationship and not carrying along the baggage and having an open and clear mind is the real issue that counts ... if you have that, then you are on the right track....if the attraction is there and mutual, don't ever allow age to be a factor .. and don't let others taint the relationship with their biases. Friendship and love are incredibly wonderful things at any age and for any age.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 98
older for younger
Posted: 10/4/2010 10:39:26 PM
dinn- the only people that care are those who are jealous because the ones they want to date are dating someone else.

women ALWAYS are intimidated/angry about men dating younger women.

for years women (when they were younger) played their games and then when they get old....men their own age have no use for them.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 99
older for younger
Posted: 10/5/2010 2:42:40 PM

Boondock,

No, we're not.....really. You can' t just throw out those kind of generalisations....I don't involve myself with who others date. It's entirely their business, I mind my own.

they are NOT generalizations...and if you started to meet a guy and after a date or 2, he chose to have a young girlfriend (having not played you whatsoever)...OR....if your ex husband/ ex bf began dating a young hottie (having NOT cheated on you with her) and you were still holding onto him...

if you saw a man you really liked and desired to be with, thought he was a great great guy- yet all he dated were young nimble hotties...

would you feel intimidated at all?
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 100
older for younger
Posted: 10/5/2010 3:36:38 PM
well...I stand corrected that there are a few women out there with their own self confidence and strength.

kudos to you!
 akb4t9
Msg: 102
older for younger
Posted: 10/6/2010 6:32:53 AM
Older women tend to have less options because they meet less people and have more baggage. Some young guys take advantage of that because it's easier.
 Chaps2218
Msg: 103
older for younger
Posted: 10/6/2010 10:19:13 AM
As someone who has had a handful of steamy nights with older women, it's fun for a change, but that's about it. I think the whole cougar thing is a fad that will fade out soon.
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 105
older for younger
Posted: 10/24/2010 4:36:26 PM
dinn- the only people that care are those who are jealous because the ones they want to date are dating someone else.

^^^^ Really? Most of us don't care. We have our own opinions why, and are quite glad that they date younger women. Why on earth would (older women) want to date someone who is on the same wave length as someone younger. Most of us want mature men who enjoy and can appreciate women our age. Older women have superb qualities that disgruntled men will never know about, as older women don't need to allow negative people in their lives.

It appears that some men are very disrespectful of older women... Why is that? I have noticed that some men on these forums treat older women very badly and make very derogatory remarks.

ALWAYS, Intimidated... ANGRY!!! ARE you sure about that? Where do you get this information from? AGAIN Most of us don't care in the slightest.

for years women (when they were younger) played their games and then when they get old....men their own age have no use for them.

^^^^ Again wow!!! So, what games did we play? Please name them. Who are these people that played games, and how come I don't know what these game are?

Are you generalizing from someone in your past to all women? That is totally unfair to women who have never played these games...

yea but I know a 48 yr old man dating a 25 yr old lady. The older ladies get mad at him and younger men get mad at her . just wondering why.

Are you saying all older ladies and younger men get mad? Who are these people who get mad?

Are you sure they really care, or is that your perception?

AS an older mature women I don't care who dates whom. I know that an older man dating a younger woman happens on the odd occasion, and I don't care at all. If dating younger fits his personality and his maturity level that is good. If an older woman chooses to date a younger man and they seem a good match that is also good. People mature differently, and they are attracted to people in their personal maturity and interest level.

I just find it unfair when you (the 2 above posters) paint all older women as angry, mad, etc... Your posts actually come across as angry and bitter towards older women. Is that your intentions? Your posts actually sound very juvenille, and unintelligent. Is that also your intention?

I personally like to date a few years either way around my own age. Mostly those are the people I feel comfortable with and have common interests with.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 106
older for younger
Posted: 10/24/2010 5:12:29 PM
Im 30 and have zero interest in a man in his 20's. Even in my 20's i never dated men in their 20's. My ideal man is in his 40's or 50's.
They can offer me everything a 20 year old can, plus i find a man that is wise, has life experience, and a little salt and pepper hair very sexy.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 107
older for younger
Posted: 10/25/2010 1:39:53 PM
I may be the odd ball here, but I prefer to date women at least my age and older.
Younger ones just don't have the things to offer that I look for in a mate at this time.
Most, if not all my guy friends date younger women, I always show up with the "oldest" woman there (in quotes b/c of course, "old" is subjective).

The reason is, I'm attracted most to strong, independent women with direction in life, or at least having some semblence of knowing what they want/need in a partner and in life itself. Younger women (people) are often trying to "find themselves" and I've no time or patience for that anymore; I've sown my wild oats and already know I'm not missing out on that type of stuff.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 108
older for younger
Posted: 10/26/2010 10:01:38 AM

...for years women (when they were younger) played their games and then when they get old....men their own age have no use for them.

LOL. 95% of the men who write to me and I end up meeting are 50+. Quite a few are in the 45-50 year old range. Then, there are the insipid 20-somethings that I simply flick away like gnats.

Your theory doesn't hold up. Sorry.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 109
older for younger
Posted: 10/26/2010 11:46:04 AM

^^^Boon! You really need to stop thinking this way.

I don't care who men are dating. Furthermore, you really believe that men our age "have no use for us"? That sounds downright insulting and a huge generalization.

I tell you what; if some of us wanted we could date the youngin's and everything in between and up....................
 BentonHarbor
Msg: 110
older for younger
Posted: 10/27/2010 4:25:09 AM

I tell you what; if some of us wanted we could date the youngin's and everything in between and up....................

Sabrosura you are exactly spot on with this comment---soooo makes me wish I were a gorgeous woman like yourself. The power women have in general coupled with the more modern day acceptance of older women/younger men certainly does give you a much much wider range of choices which is never a bad thing. Of course all those choices isn't always a great thing but its still good to have them none the less!

This raging controversy that this age range has huge problems with that age range dating or intermingling is nothing more than some overblown extreme seemingly far far more of an issue in these forums than real life. Perhaps some have become too bored with that real life they need to fabricate such issues just to shake things up?

Date---or don't--whoever you want---seems quite simple to me and maybe the best plan of all!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 111
older for younger
Posted: 10/27/2010 12:57:59 PM

Date---or don't--whoever you want---seems quite simple to me and maybe the best plan of all!

It usually is, until an older man dates a young lady.
 Pirate Mollie
Msg: 112
older for younger
Posted: 10/27/2010 4:59:46 PM
i just like to post here. like bike helmets i like to be prepared.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >