Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KewKew
Msg: 31
Add to faves but dont send a note?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I don't have to worry about that I am only on 2 peoples faves.

I add some just incase I get the nerve to send a message. Or this way it lets them know I am out there but maybe to shy to start things. If you add me to your faves I will send a note saying thanks and then see what happens.
:blush:
 sillychick
Msg: 35
Add to faves but dont send a note?
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:06:22 PM
Well Munch whatever works for you...I personally feel it's rude for anyone not to answer regardless of how many you have. Not that hard to take a quick skim over them and then reply when u r ready to. If some people are getting so many then maybe they need to put limitations on who can get thru to them. It only takes a few minutes to do that as well. I guess my whole point is some people need to learn some manners and learn to respect people.
 Wessticles
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/31/2006 1:29:59 AM
If they add me to their Favs and don't send a note. I tend to send them one instead. Kinda like. Ok. You added me and for what reason. I've had a variety of reasons that I'm given. Good bad and ugly. From I love your profile. Made me laugh my ass off. To they love my forum posts. Even the odd chick likes me for my picture. Who'd have thought it.
Not like I"ve got a zillion women on my list thats for sure. And don't all just add me to see if I send a note to you or not. But I would feel special.
 KewKew
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/31/2006 11:14:26 AM
wessticles - I just had to look at your profile after reading your post. I would have added you to my faves, but you live to far away. I did click on the middle picture, but nothing happened. Darn and I was so looking forward to seeing that pic too!!
 Klevagirl
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 8:46:45 PM
I am glad folks are talking about this, because I was wondering, too. I am on a few people's lists and only two had actually messaged me. I thought it was weird, but I ended up doing exactly what wessticles said, I cruised them all and messaged a couple that I thought were interesting. But I don't think it's like an in box that I have to manage as far as deleting them or not, I mean, if they want me on their list, so what? I figure it's up to them to decide who is on their list of favs, so I am not going to delete them, I think it's unnecessary. In fact, I didn't realize you could delete someone that has you on their list....

I think it's flattering to be on someone's favourite list, it's a compliment no matter who it comes from so I won't be deleting anyone.

Gumper1
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2006 10:11:53 PM
Ditto Spiced......Guilty & Unrepentent !!
 Carri3
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/16/2006 6:42:49 AM
People that add me to their favourites but dont send me a mesasge/email, they get deleted. I give them about a week, sometimes 2, and if they can't get back to me by then even though they been on within that time, they're goners!
 Carri3
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/16/2006 7:19:56 AM
stalk away! you're allowed!

I just dont see the point in having someone on your fav's list you dont know and then them never emailing you after so long.
 Man.of.Adventure
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:28:53 AM
If I want to message someone but don’t have time I add them to favorites so I don’t have to hunt later. Sometimes it takes me a day or two to send that note.

I’ve had a few people add me and not say anything. After a couple of days I’ll send them a note, and I have always gotten a reply. It has usually been a low risk icebreaker for the women.

Chris
 Diggy03
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2006 11:01:20 AM
I have NOT read this thread nor will I but I will add... anyone who adds me to their favs and doesn't write me.. I will usually send them a quick hello how are ya? type message to get things started as I fear some people are lil intimidated or shy while on here!!
 photopilot1
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2009 7:14:59 PM
Here's one thing to realize. If you search by a certain criteria, say hobbies, etc, you get a listing of results. But you don't know when they were online last.
If you save them to your favourites, then voila, you see exactly when they were last online. It's one use of the favourites listing IMHO.
 photopilot1
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2009 1:29:14 PM
gladragsnsmiles, if the last time they visited POF was 2 or 3 months ago, it's kind of a waste to email and then hope sometime they might return and answer. Don't you think so?
Personally, if someone hasn't been online in the last week or two, it's pretty much futile to email them, IMHO.
As to being "big brother" watching, Oh Pleeeeeeaseeeeeee!!!! give me a break.
 My I
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:13:15 AM

Can people see what forums you have been on by checking out your profile, or by adding you as a favourite

Once you've posted in a certain amounyt of threads, your last five posts will appear at the bottom of your profile... everyone will see them.

In the meantime, until they reach that amount of posts required, click on their username beside the existing post you are reading and that will bring you to that person's previous posts.

I clicked on your username and it brought me to your previous posts. Eventually, they will show in your profile provided you continue posting in threads.

I would have private messaged you but I didn't meet your restrictions.... lucky you!
 My I
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:29:52 AM
is there some way to delete these. Maybe you don't want people to see what posts you have been on

Nope!

Unless you remove your profile and start all over again, they stay with you.

As a footnote: you are not suppose to chat in threads... you must stick to the topic. We're chatting because your questions are not relative to the topic.

On topic:

I don't send a note to many women because I cannot contact them due to restrictions. Placing her on my fav's list may inspire her to contact me.

As opposed to some of the other pessimistic reasons stated, that's all it is for me. Well... OK... some make for nice eye candy. I like checking out their updated photos but I really don't want to talk to some of them - they're not exactly what I would call relationship material.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2009 4:41:16 PM

The restrictions thingy, its a neat concept, I think needs to be revamped!

why?

we all have preferences in what we seek in a mate. the restrictions give us a starting point when entering the pond.
 FishOwl
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/28/2009 12:33:06 PM
Maybe they're waiting for a picture.
 homerslippers
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 2:08:51 PM
In my profile I state how I use the favorites list. Simply, it shows that I am interested. It also gives them the opportuinity to show theur interest or non-interest (by deleting). One thing I have noticed, is that profiles with women in bathing suits or similar attire have hundreds of favorites. hmmmm
 friendly_chatter
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:27:05 PM
I usually ignore them..stupid!
 DivineBovine
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:19:15 PM

Most of the people i have messaged on POF don't even bother to check peoples profiles before they delete the message.

acutally, you can't know that.

there is an option so that others cannot know that you have viewed their profile.

so those people you have messaged might have seen your profile and you would never know.
 Rudiwithaneye
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/26/2009 10:20:42 PM
Until now, I do not post in forums.

I give someone I don't know who has added me usually a week to speak up. If not- POOF~~~

I even wrote on my profile for everyone- I am shy- don't wait for me to contact you...
 ReformedEvilOverlord
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/6/2011 8:49:00 PM
Ah what the hell.
 ACountryWalk
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/15/2011 8:24:44 PM
I delete them, if you don't have the ??? to write to me then don't add me to your favourites. Im a straight shooter, and only appreciate the same
 skkipp
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2011 3:09:09 AM
when I add someone to my favs its because I have seen something in there profile I smiled about.And as for not sending anything I am very shy,which I have put on my profile and also stating if there is any interest or anything please send a line..lol
 ACountryWalk
Msg: 101
Posted: 11/24/2011 6:24:05 PM
@skkip just write to them, what have you got to lose it's just an email you just might be missing out on the best thing ever!!
 soccerdadfromuk
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/1/2011 5:06:40 PM
Whats the big deal if someone adds you as a favourite, does it bother some people so much they delete it....Why ? I am on favourites for a number of people only 2 or 3 have bothered to message me - the rest haven't it really doesn't matter to me. If you are really upset someone is looking at your profile don't post it on a public website.

Personally I use favourites as people who I may interact with in the future ...it also lets me know if they have been online..so why bother if that person hasn't been online in the past 2 months or so.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >