Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 miss_allison
Msg: 18
I thought I was allowed to have 8 picsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
heck as far as i'm concerned, if you didnt take the pic, it means someone else did, hence the photograph belongs to THEM - and shouldn't be used

in regards to your pic being pulled breakthebed

i dunno

i dont know if someone complained and then they got pulled or if they were just noticed by a moderator

either way though, i'd just stick to personal pics - if they were pulled i'm sure its for a reason and to keep reposting it after its been removed by pof could put your entire account at risk

- from someone who remembers the muppet tragedy on pof
 truenorthstrongnfree
Msg: 19
view profile
History
I thought I was allowed to have 8 pics
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:51:37 AM
I had a pic removed once, but I promptly threw it back up. The one with my sweater hood pulled all the way closed. (my South Park Kenny impression)
 miss_allison
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:54:02 AM
what i dont get is why... when pof removes things, people, because they disagree with the decision figure they will just go and repost anyways... i see this with pics, messages and even profiles

really folks, i dont think you realize that if a decision is made, like it or not, you have to respect it
 truenorthstrongnfree
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:56:26 AM
lol, my pic is still there, which leads me to believe it was likely deleted in the first place in error. (watches and waits for it to be taken down again)
 miss_allison
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:59:48 AM
honestly, its not like moderators spend 24/7 reviewing profiles looking for violations but i'd hate to get caught thumbing my nose at one of them - and disregarding them - best of luck with that
 truenorthstrongnfree
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2006 7:14:19 AM
hehehe... I've come to like it here, and I think rather than get my account deleted over a silly pic, I'll just move it to my non-shared pics.
 sillychick
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:06:46 AM
My toon one was up for months but when it got pulled overnite I looked it up and here's what it says.

What are the guidelines for a profile picture?

Images must be in JPG, BMP, or GIF format.

Images must NOT contain any nudity or offensive material.

Images must NOT contain cartoons or celebrities.

You can upload a maximum of 8 images.

If images are too large, they will not upload properly.
 miss_allison
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:08:54 AM
i do think that "Images must NOT contain cartoons or celebrities" is refering to copyright pics saying they are a nono - i think its just been put in more simplified english so people will get it
 sillychick
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:28:26 AM
Don't think it's about copyright or they would have pulled all my images since they are all habs logos which I took right off their site. I had 3 up and they only removed the toon one.
 vivienne3
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:43:03 PM
Images must NOT contain any nudity or offensive material.

Images must NOT contain cartoons or celebrities.

I had a picture of Mr & Mrs Claus under the mistletoe for the holiday season, and that was a cartoon as well as a celebtrities. I never got my wrist slapped for that one!

I have two beach pictures, well three with the Hudson. They show some skin. Ok, maybe not enough. My bathing suit might offend some people. But no slap on the wrist for them either. Thank goodness there is no ban on this site for photos wearing hats!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  >