Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 251
why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
"I was disappointed by how most women put that they would like sex every other day vs EVERY day."

" I answered it EVERY day "

...this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship

; )
 ScorpVenus1
Msg: 252
why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?
Posted: 12/23/2016 1:49:03 AM
They judge through insecurity
 Nestaron
Msg: 253
Posted: 12/24/2016 10:56:24 AM
I dont get why some people need to judge to begin with. If you cant accept someone for them why are you with them. I dont value it at all, I see no reason as it pertains to them and who they are so it has no bearing with me.
 gtomustang
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2016 11:13:10 AM
Guys hate to think they aren't rocking her world, and if there's a ton of competition...
 ohenryx
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2016 8:48:51 PM

gtomustang
Guys hate to think they aren't rocking her world, and if there's a ton of competition..

True words. But late in life, I have achieved another level of maturity. When I was young, I had women tell me they liked me, respected me, thought the world of me, but didn't want to be intimate with me. And I could not deal with that, absolutely could not.

And truthfully, I still can't. But these days, I would place the "like me" and "respect me" ABOVE the desire to be intimate with me.

Both are necessary for a real relationship. I have just reversed the order of importance.
 Groovygirl101
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2016 6:01:00 PM
Wow, what a ridiculous post. You don't like women having a sexual past before you came along because it might ruin the fantasy that you own her in every way? WHat does love have to do with her sexuality and body image being secret from other people? If a girl has slept with 100 men, how does it make her less loving? Less honest? Less Loyal? Less caring? Less funny? Less ANYTHING?? No. It makes her a normal human being that isn't playing into the misogynistic ownership fantasy. She is MINE!! Sorry... no she isn't. You are involved in a relationship with an independent human being who had every right to a life before you. Not having had sex before is not an indicator of the ability to love. Jesus.... where do these answers come from???
 MohawkMayhemRebel
Msg: 257
Posted: 1/6/2017 3:12:56 AM
No guy gives a rats ass how many you've been with, They just don't want to hear about it , and frankly you are a slut if you go around telling every guy about every guy you slept with.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2017 4:58:29 PM

No guy gives a rats ass how many you've been with, They just don't want to hear about it , and frankly you are a slut if you go around telling every guy about every guy you slept with.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that. Some guys will ask about it and will want to know -- wanting to think she hasn't been shedding her underpanties in other guys' bedrooms. Some guys are insecure knowing that she's porked other guys in any part of the forseeable past. So yes, there are some who do give a rats a$$. :)

You don't like women having a sexual past before you came along because it might ruin the fantasy that you own her in every way?

It's not (necessarily) about owning at all. Some guys can't stand the idea of being with woman who they Feel has "been around". So if their perception of "been around" is too stringent, then it doesn't take much to strike that chord. It's to Not have a dream running thru their minds -- of her with other dudes and fears she'll go chasing other ones once she gets a little bored or something.

Some will use the excuse of "diseases", but by that rationale, everyone would be fine if one came clean from a checkup. And in 50 years when technology's advanced enough to be able to eradicate any virus or bacteria we wish to eliminate from a body, thus, no middle class citizen in the Western world having any real "disease" -- the notion's Still going to be there. Whether it being overly stringent on the notion, or not liking someone sleeping with a new person every week when single, for fun -- it boils down to cultural identity and/or fear of them having commitment issues.
 m_church
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2017 5:52:28 PM

No guy gives a rats ass how many you've been with, They just don't want to hear about it

In a lot of cases the guy doesn't care...
He might not want a long term relationship with her, so why would he care where she's been or what she's done?
 jco415
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2017 7:44:09 AM
I don't care either way.

Although, I'd probably rather a woman with a very high number than a woman with a very low number...if the reason was that she loved sex versus doing it for self-esteem issues.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 261
Posted: 1/19/2017 7:39:18 PM
either men or women that had slept with many tells me one thing. They can't keep a relationship.
 jco415
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 5:48:51 AM
^^^^ That's not necessarily true!
 gtomustang
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 5:59:06 AM
In feudal times, those with land to pass on to children, or Divine Right to pass on, didn't want half children who could make a claim and dilute the family fortune. Genetically, a male *anything* is "concerned" about dilution of its family line. And guys looking to marry, who think a lot of relationships mean she can't be faithful, will also worry about a high number.

as for the rest of men....
 goodquestion
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2017 7:51:18 AM

Wow, what a ridiculous post. You don't like women having a sexual past before you came along because it might ruin the fantasy that you own her in every way? WHat does love have to do with her sexuality and body image being secret from other people? If a girl has slept with 100 men, how does it make her less loving? Less honest? Less Loyal? Less caring? Less funny? Less ANYTHING?? No. It makes her a normal human being that isn't playing into the misogynistic ownership fantasy. She is MINE!! Sorry... no she isn't. You are involved in a relationship with an independent human being who had every right to a life before you. Not having had sex before is not an indicator of the ability to love. Jesus.... where do these answers come from???

I could not have said it better. I have read most of these posts and it seems to me we need to learn the difference between ,,,"woman" and "women"
 Mascali
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2017 1:27:32 PM
This man is a firm believer in equality. It does not matter to me how many lovers a woman has had, and women who have had many should not be looked at any differently than men who have. The old SLUT vs. STUD thing should be a thing of the distant past!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > why do most men judge women by their number of past lovers?