Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 karkrazyc1r9
Msg: 28
When a woman tells you she loves you does she mean it?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
For me personally, when I tell the guy I'm with that I love him, I mean it with all my heart. I will never tell someone that I love them unless I feel it.
 MIKES3
Msg: 32
When a woman tells you she loves you does she mean it?
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:52:40 PM
I think its more of a security question. If you truly love someone you can see it in one another. If you have to ask yourself once (Do I love her) you better check yourself twice.
 MIKES3
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/7/2006 1:57:11 PM

Hmmm.... Never really thought of it that way. Got a point ... but even the most hopeful of us can look into her eyes. You hear the words. If she really means it ... you can see it in her eyes. They'll be locked right onto yours ... if only for that brief instant.

I agree 100% there chief
 bugsybears
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/7/2006 2:25:47 PM
you can tell if a woman really loves you. when she tells you this, just look into her eyes and you can tell if it's sincere or not. actions do speak louder than words and so do facial expressions.
 aracellyO
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/7/2006 2:26:19 PM
I hope if anyone says I LOVE YOU they really mean it. I am not too much for the whole...action speak louder than words...i think there should be a balance. Most people need to hear terms of endearment now and again. Actions are cool, don't take me wrong but sometimes we are moved to do something not by our feelings but by other reasons...it can get complicated with the whole action/word thing so i say A HAPPY MEDIUM.

I did fall for the light use of the word I love you and used it more than once when i really shouldn't have, but i learned my lesson and i promise myself not to use it so lightly. I think it is beautiful to hear the words and see the feeling because when you really love someone and you say it WHOA what a trip.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:09:45 PM
Its just another 4 letter word for me................

actions speak louder.........when actions dont match the words........tells you alot about a persons character.......

Words not backed by actions are worthless.
 Myisland
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:14:48 PM
Anyone can say the words, but the truth comes from within. How she makes you feel, is the measurable indication of the truth
 MarcWiseGentleman82
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:20:09 PM
I totally agree with you. It's better 2 show love than saying it. Anybody can say that they love you but they really don't.
 ladypagey
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 1:08:42 AM
If I ever say the words " I love you" to a man face to face he will know by my facial expression and everything else. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I would dearly love to find true love.....He would know by how I act toward him.....
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:15:54 AM
Before I came to this site, I would have said that sure some do, but after reading a lot of posts on here, I can't help but wonder if anyone truly loves anyone.
 :
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2006 5:56:47 AM
I mean it when i say it I hardly ever do, however, I have had plenty say it and then act as though they had not meant it. Some do some don't i guess.
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:05:28 AM
If you'll entertain my making a generalization, women aren't wired to "play around". There can be the occasional stray independent who would skew any empirical data but overall women just want to be loved. Do your part and they'll be all happyass in going about doing theirs. Stray from any component of the equation and the furies will be about you.
Men conversely are predisposed to to be as faithful as their options. We are not dissimilar to species less evolved regardless of all the hype swirling and attendant to this topic.
I firmly stand by my assertion that Men give love to get sex and women give sex to get love. Understanding that this has been reduced to the most base simplistic terms. And of course there are exceptions to every rule. (Keep in mind however, Gravity being what we know it to be is yet still a theory)
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:35:02 AM
And I suppose you're going to say gravity is more than a theory too. Darn you educated women.....Always skewing the statistics.
 daisie
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:40:21 AM
Does she mean it? "Absolutely not!!" or...if it is Saturday then "Absolutely yes!!" or....if her favorite color is 21 then "Absolutely maybe". Sorry...dumb questions require dumb answers.
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:42:51 AM
so then explain all of those chippy little girls on here who clearly are not breastually impacted by the ravages of said atmospheric pressure exerted on all surfaces equally. But the older ladies don't enjoy the same advantages. I'm sticking with theory until such time I have completed my exhaustive analysis.
On topic: They always mean it clear up until they don't. Much the same as eternity is a very long time particularly toward the end.
 missjedi
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:58:36 AM
speaking only for myself, the words i love you are sacred, and should only be said with the heart and soul.
 sammysalt1
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/10/2006 12:27:16 PM

Actions speak louder than words. Words alone hold no one but fools.
 sammysalt1
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:53:05 AM

I love you, I love you, I love you.
No not all woman mean it every time they say it.
You have to learn the differents in why they said it, and what meaning was behind it. Some really mean it when they say it. You have to be able to read them enough to belive it. You could pat them on the back and say yea, sure you do, and see if they get mad at you, are their feeling hurt. If so, maybe they meant it.
 sungirl50
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 6:19:49 PM
I would not even think to say "I love you " unless it was true. I think you must attrack with some real losers/users.
 PregnantLady
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/19/2010 6:45:31 PM
I only said "I love you" to my husband. I told other guys I dated that I liked them a lot but the love word was saved for the man I was going to marry
 RobertKoi
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/19/2010 7:30:46 PM
Whether it's a man or a woman who claims to love somebody; actions always speak louder than words anyway.
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 7:34:34 PM
Most women mean it but not all. I know of a certain woman who tells
guys that when she wants money and favors from them.
 dave64836
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2010 9:20:05 PM
Actions almost always speak louder than words..
 MySpoonIsTooBig!
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/19/2010 9:59:47 PM

I've been no angel, so is it because my past is making me think that everybody is as unfaithful as I once was

We have a winner!

You've created your own monster, from the sound of things. Deal with whatever guilt/remorse you may be carrying around as best you can, try to make amends if you think that'll help, & put some effort into being a better man in the present/future than you were in your past. Once you do all that, you may start finding it easier to trust women & believe them when they say that they love you.
 Far_Horizon
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/19/2010 11:19:30 PM
She may mean it....but then it depends what it means ...to her....and to you.

Love is a feeling and that is just a begining......not an end. Some people think love means security, others think it means ownership, others think it means eternal faithfulness and others think it means unconditional giving.

Good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >