Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ed Bear
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Liking asian girlsPage 16 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Well, here's my two (Canadian) cents' worth: I'm aware of stereotypes and history, but frankly none of the Asians know in Vancouver and nearby even remotely resemble any submissive portraits from the past. Western society has changed a lot, and so has the East. Yes, there are agencies, web sites and magazines offering women willing to play submissive in hopes of leaving squalid poverty, and try to please the sort of person who craves that, so they can get to a better life. But, seriously, I don't find that in my circles or even in people I see casually around the town.

There was a time when Canadian men were urged to "keep their women in line," too. That's not all gone, but it's not something many Canadian women seem to be looking for.
ED BEAR
 bestwomanever
Msg: 592
Liking asian girls
Posted: 4/27/2010 6:44:47 AM
So master, what is a real fetish, then? And what makes England the all-mighty authority on deciding what a real fetish is and what isn't? Just curious. We poor, lowly Americans and Canadians need to be enlightened and taught the real ways of the world.
And playing golf would be considered a fetish if it is the only thing you like doing and if you enjoy doing peculiar things with your golf clubs and putting the golf balls...well, I'm giving you too many ideas for your next round of "holes." You can figure it out yourself.
Do you enjoy playing "the back 9" then? Lol.
 winteragain
Msg: 597
Liking asian girls
Posted: 4/28/2010 7:27:01 AM
I was at a party. 3 asian girls. All three had white boyfriends. I didn't ask why because I didn't really care. An asian guy came to the party with a white girl in his arms. No problem. I would like to point to the fact that asians can be as hot as whites and it's true not all whites are hot as much as not all asians are hot. And hot people should be with hot people. I know I'm being a hottist but that's how I feel. Being a hottist isn't as bad as being a racist which I am as well but that's another story.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 598
Liking asian girls
Posted: 4/28/2010 10:12:34 AM

Asian people whether korean,japanese, pilipino,vietnames ect. that comes to America are mostly educated people.

I disagree, most are poor and uneducated....They're the ones working long hours doing grunt work and living in squalor condition....One can hope their children receive a decent education and when the parents are old provide some care and not shuffle them off into a retirement home.

I don't know about Korean, Japanese, Chinese, etc. but Filipinos who had migrated to America and other countries are mostly educated. Firstly, the Philippines had been short of good professionals: doctors, nurses, teachers, engineers because they have left the country to work in other countries. It is true that they work long hours and maybe doing grunt work but I am certain that it was all in the beginning and given the time they will be able to pull themselves up from menial work to work in their true fields of profession. Secondly, one had to be educated to be able to pass the very strict US immigration officers who interview the applicants for US visa.
 mrcyrus
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 4/28/2010 9:14:09 PM

steven2o1o's blabber

Okay, you think you are more intelligent than North Americans. Let's explore that for just a second.

More nonsense, which again no doubt you're an American/Canadian (or somewhere around there) as this obsession with labelling things as fetishes seems to only come from people from that side of the world.

Would you read this and tell me how in the hell it qualifies as a sentence? Is this how you speak out loud, too? Is your mouth too busy frothing to make the right words come out?

How many people have you met who are obsessed with labeling things as a fetish, anyway? Is this something you just DO in your spare time?
 joseph_1023
Msg: 602
Liking asian girls
Posted: 5/3/2010 8:38:36 AM
You have excellent tast my friend........I have had relation ships with 2 asian ladies. One from combodia who sadly became americanized and one from korea ,that died suddeley last feburary...........they have excellet family values and are very loyal. i find i get along much better with theses ladies and I am insearch of one now....i live in wilmington nc..best of luck in your search
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 5/5/2010 12:50:08 AM

We are not physically beautiful

vannili, i have to respectfully disagree

but we got something to offer as a person and as a woman.... " A loving /kind heart and intelligent brain."

and in your case, a generous dose of wisdom with a vibrant sense of humor ... which now that i think on it, are two halves of the same whole.

you rock.
 dmyc
Msg: 609
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 5/6/2010 6:11:05 PM
From my expirence:

Chinese girls are quite shy or they can be crazy... They crazy only seeps out after you drop you guard... A majority of them are very conserve. Takes time, but generally like young white males.

Korean girls are very reserved if they are first generation, but if their second generation or have an Americanized family, then their basicly white girls. I heard from korean friends that a majority of the korean parents would like their sons/daughters to marry another korean.

Japanese have some fetish for black men for some reason... They also swoon over white guys if their straight from japan.

The souther asia like filipino are very loud and active. Their more into dancing loud music and part compared to the rest of asia. If you can keep up go for it.

In the end every person is different, but those are the general things I see.

P.S. from my exprience malaysian, tawianese and singapore people are to beware of. Also new immigrant are to beware of. They can be great and submissive, but they have a great chance of an alter motive.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 610
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 5/6/2010 11:14:37 PM
That's not the only definition of "fetish." Don't forget the magical object or collection of objects of power, common in African Shamanism. At another level, any very special object of reverence. And an object of devotion, human or not. Or a fixation or obsession of any sort. Or a shamanic ceremony related to a fetish object.

Humans use languages metaphorically, creatively, and sometimes wrongly, and language is as language is used. It's not productive to start narrowing down "true" meanings.
ED BEAR
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 611
Liking asian girls
Posted: 5/7/2010 3:37:42 AM

Some guys have a 'preference' for asian females based on some stereotype they've bought into, and I didn't say all guys, just some....And how do I know that? Because I've already said it in a previous post that my ex-gf who get hit on by these older white males in their late fifties and sixties (and she in her late 30s) in the tennis group she belongs to are only interested in her based on stereotypes they have about asian women and much of it sexual according to her. When she declined their invitation for a date they become defensive and start in on her with racial slurs

I think it has nothing to do with a fetish nor preference when a white male hits on an Asian woman based on that experience of your ex-gf. It was simply an azzhat behavior of some white men who are belittling or degrading women because they thought that the color of their skin made them superior. You were right about the stereotyping. It has been inculcated in their mind since time immemorial that Asian women are: helpless, submissive, shy, conservative, loyal, etc. etc.....So even if these men saw Asian women who have been raised in America, the first thing that comes to their mind is these stereotypes ignoring the fact that these women were brought up with westernized values and that even their local counterpart had been modernized and liberated.
JMO
 leanco
Msg: 612
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 5/8/2010 3:02:19 AM
she is a racist and I objectified her.

Haha, now that's funny! They say that "most people deserves each other", I guess it's true then...

Seriously though, that study is more accurate then I like it to be. Strictly speaking from personal experience, I've known or have come across a disproportional amount of Asian women who would only date "whiteys", presumably because they feel that dating Caucasian men are more hip and give them a sense of prestige. This of course plays right into the hands of those Caucasian men who are fixated on Asian women (and I know a few of those too).

Call it a fetish or call it a preference, but really who cares?!? There is a lid for every pot. For those who object to Caucasian men seeking (only) Asian girls, just keep in mind that there are Asian girls who would only date Caucasian men. And who are we to judge? So let them find each other - because they deserve each other!
 leanco
Msg: 615
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 5/8/2010 12:21:15 PM

The reason given for why they don't want to date Asian men is that Asian men (American borns just as much as FOB's) are stricter and more traditional.

This may be true, but I suspect there is alot more than just being stricter and more traditional. Pop culture - especially Hollywood - has always projected the Asian male as dorky and perverted... just as the Asian female has always been projected as docile and submissive. The truth may be far from that, but it's easy to fall prey to these stereotype and prejudice. That said, if some white dude insists on dating only Asian girls, let him. I've dated Asians and non Asians and if you ask me, there really isn't that much difference. Each ethnic group has its own pluses and minuses and in the end, they are way more alike than they are different.
 bane175
Msg: 625
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/4/2011 9:54:09 AM
Ever be in the bed with Asian girl??? If you did, you know the answer.
Eight years ago I was dating Asian girl for the first time in my life and I am not dating any other girls but Asians since. Why? Find yourself Asian girlfriend, lover, or just one night stand and you will never look back.
 Vannili
Msg: 627
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/4/2011 4:16:23 PM
^^^^ Sweety,

As an Asian woman from the Philippines...
Vietnam,Cambodia,Thailand,ect not all Asian women are petite,pretty have morals and values we are the same as western women some are good some are bad, some are pretty,some are ugly... Just trying to wake you up to reality.

I thought American men are all good looking and kind, then I woked up to reality. Not all of American men.
 pureblisscatch4u
Msg: 630
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/5/2011 12:26:49 PM
I think Iamalwaysright is-well, right! Lol. We should only care about who we're attracted to and who we click with.
I think Vanilli's last post was right also. People need to quit judging entire races and saying, "Oh, this race of women are all hot and moral, this race isn't." Doing that is entirely stupid and pathetic. Guys who are doing this, ever heard of Hitler Germany? Maybe you need to look that little tidbit of history up and see the similarities to what you're saying.
 Soul Union
Msg: 633
Liking asian girls
Posted: 3/28/2012 2:20:57 PM
"Asian girls are simply hot . . . "

I'll pass on that generalization.

When I think of Marilyn Monroe, Miss Barbara Stanwyck, and all the other gorgeous Caucasian women of the silver screen, no Asian woman comes close.

I love Caucasian gals, and I'll keep searching for one, even if it takes me a lifetime. I don't cross racial boundaries. The idea leaves me stone cold.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 637
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 3/28/2012 6:58:21 PM
It isn't a fetish as it definitely is an attraction. I love Asian women.
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 639
Liking asian girls
Posted: 3/28/2012 7:13:25 PM
They are very beautiful, The dark eyes and dark hair is very exotic and alluring.
 lucilou
Msg: 647
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:09:37 AM
Why Asian? I thought it has something to do with chemistry and attraction lol
 lucilou
Msg: 648
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 4/3/2012 10:16:23 AM
True, I know Korean lady, they stayed in my house, when I was taking a shower, she went to my jewelry box and took pearl necklace. I asked her if where did she get the pearl necklace and said in my jewelry box, from then on i didnt invite them anymore to my house. She took something with out my permission lol
 Aura1shine
Msg: 649
Liking asian girls
Posted: 4/5/2012 1:44:21 AM
Well....all asians are not the same depend upon what is their back ground cultures. But most asians are achievers, so it you want to hit one of them up you have to have something that can be measured up to them.
 Aura1shine
Msg: 650
Liking asian girls
Posted: 4/5/2012 1:46:34 AM
2nd generation and 3rd Asian/American.....well, they are just being BANANA( yellow peel and white inside)..LOL
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 653
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/27/2012 11:43:03 PM
I believe in inter-racial dating, for asian women who like caucasian men and caucasian men who like asian women-- more power to them! i myself like caucasian women and latinas and done inter-racial dating and that's my preference. A lot of asian guys and asian women dating outside their race nowadays which is a good thing! If everyone is into interracial dating, we all will be one people in a few generations!
 grove_22
Msg: 656
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/28/2012 6:14:25 AM
In general I'm not attracted to Asian women. Although there have been a few exceptions.
 grantfl80
Msg: 658
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/2/2012 4:52:25 AM
Never dated any girls from the Far East! This is an outrage! I find them attractive, they seem to smile a lot, and they seem to be pleasant, but somehow I always end up with dumpy, pouty, unpleasant Caucasian girls! LOL jk. I wish I had an experience in dating an Asian girl...

G
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >