Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mitgrad00
Msg: 62
Liking asian girlsPage 2 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Quote: "your liable to end up with a person with asian looks and no math ability."

WTF is that? Asian looks? Why is that necessarily bad (or good)? That is a stupid and racist statement.
 Rettam
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/24/2005 6:48:00 AM
Interesting Conversation. I am Asian, but I am rarely ever attracted to Asian women (unless you count Indian as Asian). I find Caucasian women very attractive - some people think it's because I was born in Canada. But as I read some of these posts, I can see that doesn't really explain it.

To me, Caucasian has an element of exoticness to it - though not culturally because I grew up in White culture (and also in Asian culture at home). But there is, to me, a certain allure in the look of some Caucasian women that is very seductive - and I think it's fair to call this some sort of exoticism.

But I think the generalization is true. Lots of guys find Asian women attractive, but next to no Caucasian women find Asian men attractive.

How sad.

But for the Caucasian men out there, lots of Asian girls (though not as many as there are Caucasian guys, but still lots) like Caucasian guys. A few even like them exclusively. So there's lots of hope for YOU guys lol
 mitgrad00
Msg: 71
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/24/2005 8:02:59 AM
Greymatter:

Go read the thread "Asian Man/White Woman".

Quote: "but next to no Caucasian women find Asian men attractive."

Not true. When you are young and un-established (and lacking confidence perhaps), FEW women will find you attractive, period.
 Rettam
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/25/2005 2:15:37 AM
Thanks for the link, mitgrad00 - I'll check out that link. I think I do know what you mean, however. But if a women is attracted to you because you're established, well, I think we would be talking about a different kind of attraction. I'm thinking just people before their early thirties. As people mature, they tend to change and what attracts them begins to move rapidly away from physical appearance an into things like how established a guy is.

I think I'm still correct if I say that not very many Caucasian young women find young Asian men attractive in a physically.
 Rettam
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/25/2005 2:17:46 AM
...and when I say Asian, I'm not including Middle Eastern or Indian men. I happen to know that there are some, though not many, young Caucasian women that find them very alluring.
 Rettam
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/25/2005 2:43:39 AM
mitgrad00: - that link is awesome. Some very interesting opinions, I must say. I really agree with alot of what you've said on that thread. Especially the enourmous effect of the media on imppressionable young minds.
 Samurai2
Msg: 82
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/25/2005 3:15:59 PM
I think they are boring. Most just care about clothes, ricer cars or expensive cars, image and other materialistic things. Don't forget shallow, too. When you see them all wearing black or looking slutty, you will know what I mean...
 mitgrad00
Msg: 85
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/25/2005 4:28:20 PM
@Samurai2:

I know what you are saying. When I first immigrated to this country in 1988, most ABCs (American Born Chinese) refuse to talk to me in Chinese, though they know how to speak Chinese. The girls, particularly those with low self-esteem, are by far the worst. It took me sometime but now I forgive them. I feel sad because many did not know what they are doing. With the rise of Asia/China, the ABC girls ate much better now; many of them are not ashamed of roots anymore and are starting to embrace them.

I like Asian girls, but I date the first generation immigrants, almost exclusively. Without exception, they are tougher, work harder, have much stronger self-esteem, are more motivated, and are much better adjusted. Borrow a phrase from Paris Hilton: "That's hot"!

You will meet more of these girls at the world's best learning institutions. There are lots of Asian girls around Harvard/HBS, MIT/MIT Sloan, and Boston's great hospitals. And none of the Asian girls I met has an Inferiority Syndrome, and many of them (particularly the hot ones), date Asian guys exclusively (just because they share the same language/culture).

So my advice to you is simple. Pack your bag and come to Boston. There are lots of very well adjusted Asian girls!!!

Edit: I am serious about hot Asian girls date Asian guys. In my MBA class, the hotest girl, as agreed by all the guys, is a Chinese girl from Mckinsey. She, for one reason or another, always dated Chinese guys. (I was dating a Chinese medical resident, another hottie, at a Boston hosptial at the time so I could not date my classmate.) She went to Leaman Brothers as an Investment Banker after graduation. Damn she is hot!
 mitgrad00
Msg: 88
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/25/2005 7:38:41 PM
Quote: "NorthAmerica has the uglist collection of asian popullation. :-) Esp at MIT You won't see a lot of good looking asian girls/guys.Sorry you can't have it all."

LOL. I used to think that way too, but it is not true. Do you know that statistics show that good looking people are actually more successful? This is particularly true of good looking men. So come to MIT, you will see that the guys/gals in MIT/Harvard's graduate business school are actually attractive; they would not get in otherwise.

Quote: "Or they have better choices than shallow ugly suckers."

I think it is an individual choice and there is nothing wrong with interracial dating/marriage. However, there are Asian girls who exclude their own race. If you are referring to those people, the "sell outs", then I agree. LOL. Shallow? Yes. Ugly? Yes I have to agree from my experience. I would also add "brainwashed" and "low self-esteem"/"inferiority syndrome".
 Samurai2
Msg: 92
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 7:24:29 AM
I thought I'd get more flak for my views but such sensible responses from my post. Cool. I am openminded and objective so I will slightly disagree with protoss. I think the major difference between westernized (ABC/CBC for e.g.) Asians and those born and raised in Asian countries is what they are exposed to. The Asian culture is more strongly rooted in those born there (naturally). However, some other differences include figure. You see more flab on Asians in North America. Some are chubby. In Asia, the majority still are extremely thin and don't have the hourglass figure (although, some Asian girls from North America do). Of course, this is due to more Asians in North America adopting the common Western diets (and I don't mean health foods).

Sorry, but most of the westernized ones in Canada I've encountered are incredibly shallow and superficial. There's little variety. Mitgrad is correct. With the economic explosion in Asia, there is no reason to be embarrassed about their roots. In fact, a lot of Asians now are very exclusive and conceited. There is pride in both their roots and the fact they are also westernized. So, they “live” in both cultures. At first, I thought the idea was a positive one but obviously, it's only resulted in more shallow behavior. Visit Toronto or Vancouver and you will instantly know (just from seeing them) which Asians are westernized and which aren't. I think that applies to American cities like those in California, for e.g., also.

I think most Asians stick with other Asians (Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese etc.) including East Indians. Obviously, a lot of Asian chicks have paired together with Caucasian males but those girls are usually VERY shallow. The males are most likely from affluent families and the guys are almost as spoiled as the girls.
 Samurai2
Msg: 94
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 7:46:33 AM
Rocky, you don't have a clue. I've seen white girls (for e.g.) with all kinds of guys. I've seen them with crackheads, drug addicts, bums, welfare recipients, jocks, preppies, metalheads, rich kids, professionals etc. Some of the girls are attractive, too! I don't mean to categorize (the guys) there but I'm just making a point. As for westernized Asian girls? Pfaw... You better have money, a good job and something going for you (such as a common personality). The guy will probably be a wannabe thug or 'bad boy.' In other words, very predictable.
 Nicesmileyguy
Msg: 96
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 10:11:29 AM
Ah, the time honored attraction to Asian women. There are a number of theories as to why this happens, but most of them revolve around their smaller bodies.

Myself, I'm not fussy. I just appreciate a beautiful woman. But I've found Asian women to be the most sensual I've encountered (I'm basing this only on experience, I don't mean to generalize). My ex was born in China and brought to Canada as an infant. Although she later turned out to be a bit immature, the relations were outstanding, and she was always eager to please me by cooking and cleaning. At least at the start. And no, I never asked for such favours, they were volunteered.

So long as we're on the subject, I'd like to share an amusing story of my first trip to Japan. Or rather, the end of it. See, my brother lives there and teaches English. And on my final day I was saying goodbye to him at the terminal for the bullet train which would take me to the airport. As I was speaking to him, a group of teenage girls (in those adorable little school uniforms, no less) were riding an escalator behind my brother. One, a rather pretty one, turns in my direction and stares at me with her jaw agape as her friends speak to her and she responds with the Japanese equivalent of "uh-huh". My brother, noticing my attention is no longer on him, follows my gaze and comments "too bad you're leaving."
 Nicesmileyguy
Msg: 97
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 10:13:08 AM
P.S: Missy78: WOW!
 mitgrad00
Msg: 101
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 10:50:40 AM
Quote: "I think most Asians stick with other Asians (Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese etc.) including East Indians."

Actually, Statistics show that more than 55% of Asian female cohabitate with Caucasian male. 55%! Think about. This means that an Asian chick is more likely to be with a Caucasion than an Asian! Asian guys are lagging (far) behind but is catching up.

Seriously speaking, I believe this trend simply indicates that North America is a metling pot. Think about it. Some 60% of the population is Caucasian. So mathematically, if the society were really color blind, there should have been a 60% chance that anyone (of any race/ethnicity) would end up being with a caucasian. In this light, I guess we can say that society's discrimination against Asian females is at its very minimum (since the rate is already at 55% or higher).
 Samurai2
Msg: 102
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 1:25:54 PM
Mitgrad, that stat means crap. 55% based on what? Asians in metro cities or smaller urban towns? All Asians combined? Where? Source? Don't just throw out numbers. You should know that, being a MIT graduate.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 7:47:07 PM
Irishmary

In feudal Japan the samurai were the Warrior caste. By the time of Ieyasu Tokugawa this caste was hereditary with distinct classes and priviledges. Castes were distinguished as follows

Imperial: Emperor/royal family and the princes, barons, counts of the Empire of Japan

Shogunate The 5 warrior clans that had close ties to the Imperial family and were at various times throughout history the rulers of Japan

Samurai warrior caste with various ranks from tenno, tono, komon down to lowly warrior (swordsman, pikeman, archer), rigidly stratified there was no promotion up through the ranks

Merchant

Farmer

Burrakumin/Eta the outcast caste similar to India's untouchables they were classified as animals or worst. Incredibly enough this caste produced some of the most famous mangaka, geisha and kabuki artists of the Edo period.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 7:51:35 PM
Rocky

I have to agree Xotic is hot, she's done very well for a 40 something woman. I don't know if Ford would be interested as they like the stereotype looks that make money and never get involved with the more exotic looks that are really hot in some markets.

But, I do agree 1,000% that she is one very nice looking lady.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 106
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/26/2005 8:33:41 PM
Quote: "Mitgrad, that stat means crap. 55% based on what? Asians in metro cities or smaller urban towns? All Asians combined? Where? Source? Don't just throw out numbers. You should know that, being a MIT graduate. "

Fair enough. Check out the studies headed by University of Michigan sociology Prof. Reynolds Farley, the nation's leading scholar on race and ethnicity.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/27/2005 6:18:05 AM
Rocky

Don't you get curious and read the profiles. Lots of interesting tidbits on those pages. have to agree she could give some of the girls in Tokyo, HK and Shanghai a run for their money
 dapi_editor
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/27/2005 4:36:09 PM
Rocky,

It's just a habit I guess I've spent too many years sticking my nose in people's business(es) and getting paid to write about it. There are potentially interesting people wherever you look, and some real gems turn up now and then. Xotic could be one of those gems.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 112
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/27/2005 5:04:23 PM
OT: Generally speaking, girls growing up in Western Society are westernized, many completely so. Therefore dating them is no different than dating a Western caucasian girl. Be mindful that some (not all) of Westenized Asian females may have self-identity issues and low self-esteem (at some point of their lives).

It is a totally different "ball game" if you want to date the first generation immigrants who did not grow up in Western society. There could be some different core assumptions/core values. "Inter-civilizatinal" dating can be hard.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 114
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/27/2005 7:34:56 PM
Yes. Some hard relationships are worth having. But my post is simply advices or those who are interested in such relationships. You always want to know what you are getting into (before you jump), if you are sane that is.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/29/2005 2:03:11 AM
Rocky

Nice, relaxing and relationship are 3 words that do not combine well when it comes to Asian women. A relationship with an Asian woman is more intense mentally than one with members of the other ethnic groups. They tend to be less physical but, culturally speaking very intense.
 mitgrad00
Msg: 119
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/29/2005 4:08:04 AM
Finally, a senible response from a well-adjusted asian American WOMAN (tickledpynk).

See I told you NOT ALL of them have low self-esteem/self-idenity issues.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >