Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mitgrad00
Msg: 123
Liking asian girlsPage 3 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Quote: "Mitgrad have you read ticklepinks' profile are you sure shes well adjusted. i'm not sure."

Yes. Her profile is smart and funny. I would date her.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/29/2005 7:33:13 AM
We have a name for frigid women

MAGURO!! like the big frozen tuna
 dapi_editor
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/29/2005 8:02:15 AM
I do OK! I don't lack for partners to do the wild thing. I just lack someone who wants to make a commitment. There's a difference.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/29/2005 8:28:56 AM
xotic

Much appreciated Milady
 dapi_editor
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/29/2005 8:42:22 PM
Rocky

"a bon chance"
 Samurai2
Msg: 139
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/30/2005 6:02:32 PM
Kinda pitiful... There's no good Asian girls around unless she is closed off from the West.
 MikeJ
Msg: 141
Liking asian girls
Posted: 6/30/2005 11:25:42 PM
Asian girls need eyelids.
 inazu
Msg: 144
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/1/2005 2:08:06 PM
Asian girls r0x0rs... oh wait, I'm asian.. nvm... my opinion probably doesn't count for much here... lol
 dapi_editor
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/1/2005 5:22:46 PM
irishmary

I think he likes Chambara-like in the Japanese samurai movies such as Kurosawa made-2 baddies staring at each other and muttering epithets in Japanese then the hero does a quickdraw and his opponent's arm drops to the ground, makes a 1/2 turn and the idiot sneaking up behind him gets his head lopped off...
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 152
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/3/2005 11:20:43 AM
In interracial dating,a key is to check the attitude and intolerance at the door and LEARN from the culture and heritage of others. Stop making silly stereotypical generalizations.The points I make are 1)cultural/heritage education is extremely important,the willingness and desire to learn about the person you intend to date should include learning more about their culture and history
2)The most widely used system of racial classification is Eurocentric and flawed from its inception.Unlike in most systems of classification there is more variation WITHIN "race" than BETWEEN "race" because the concept and even much more so the system of classification is flawed majorly.People can be grouped as "races" in many different ways.
3)this brings us to the point that PEOPLE are PEOPLE,if a label must be used for WHATEVER purpose,each group certainly has the right to choose its own "label".
4) there are many groups of asians,Asia is the largest continent and also the most diverse.
5)The Asian/white issue should be examined more closely by looking at the socio ecomonics,including the social issue of stigma, class and the perception thereof. It seems alot of the stereotypes are directly linked to those perceptions.
6)Understanding comes from WILLINGNESS and DESIRE for it.Without it intolerance remains with ignorace as its root.
The ONLY time these things are difficult is when intolerance is so entrenched,the willingness to learn and regain/explore a more panoramic perspective is nullified by ignorance/stupidity.
As humans,we MUST overcome.Interracial dating is NOT necessarily a sign of overcoming but it certainly isn't bad in of itself.
 Samurai2
Msg: 153
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/3/2005 1:24:05 PM
Rocky, one reason is because Chinatown is mostly an Asian community. Duh. ;-) It's a question of numbers which is why Caucasians in a small town are usually seen with other Caucasians! What a shock, huh?

The other reason is that Asian chicks, particularly the good looking ones as you say, are influenced by material and superficial interests. Whether it's a Caucasian or Asian (based ain part on how westernized and/or how bold she is), she will go where the money is. Thus, there's very few exceptions or variety like I previously pointed out.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/3/2005 11:16:11 PM
Rocky

I thought Chinatown was Yokohama. That's where most of the Chinese live here in the Tokyo area. K town or Kawasaki is mostly Korean and that's where the BEST BBQ in Japan has to be.

I have to agree there are a lot of superficial Asian women out there but there are also some real catches. The Ah Lian types (round eyes, sharp nose, rabbit teeth, expensive clothes, no brains) do seem to be everywhere but, there is hope if you look beyond your nose. who knows you may find one in your class, in the bank working as a teller or even on PoF
 imasmrt1
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/4/2005 12:45:25 AM
Jeepers, i dont have any expierience with dating Asian women, I do think they tend to be a little more sexier than most most of the time, but I find they tend to think poorly of white people, at least the ones i have met here in regina think that.
 Samurai2
Msg: 158
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/4/2005 4:47:33 AM
What BS? I don't know what Chinatowns you've been to, Rocky, but I've been to Toronto's and San Fran's for starters. I was talking about the ethnicities there. I don't know why you're blabbing about other things. I've read your posts about Asian chicks and you always sound like a 10 year-old. It sounds like you know squat about them.
 Samurai2
Msg: 159
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/4/2005 4:52:30 AM
I have to agree there are a lot of superficial Asian women out there but there are also some real catches. The Ah Lian types (round eyes, sharp nose, rabbit teeth, expensive clothes, no brains) do seem to be everywhere but, there is hope if you look beyond your nose. who knows you may find one in your class, in the bank working as a teller or even on

Dapi, I agree to an extent and especially about "there are a lot of superficial Asian women out there.." but I would emphasize the "a lot!" LOL Geez, can't someone have a different opinion, though? Rocky and maybe a couple others have been so defensive but some people have been cool and openminded about the 'other' view.

Dapi, in Japan, I was given the impression that it is impossible for the 'Gaijin' to become truly 'accepted' even if there after a long period of time. Is this still accurate or are moods changing? Of course, I mean as a widespread cultural attitude and not just a few people. Also, it would be held mostly by the older population as the youth might not be as prejudiced about it?
 dapi_editor
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/5/2005 12:13:52 AM
samurai

As you noted it depends upon the location. In Osaka all a gaijin needs to do is wear loud clothes-purple suit with yellow shirt, green or red tie and matching socks will do fine. Sport a Hanshin Tigers pin or happi coat and remember to belch loudly after eating noodles and drinking beer and you are IN. But, Osakans are boisterous, outgoing, irrepressable and iconoclastic. Most of our comedians are from there as our most imaginative thinkers. Tokyo is more repressed and furtive, gaijin and nihonjin mix n' meet but it's more restrained. Natives of Kobe are the most cosmopolitan and the most resilient in the face of adversity. If you survived the big one and are still there then you are accepted.

But, out in the boondocks, you have to be at least 3 generations in the same place to be accepted... Culture and progress are almost at a standstill out there. The only thing that changes is the rice farmers get poorer and the fruit farmers get richer.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/5/2005 9:33:21 AM
Rocky

Only in Osaka

http://www.bigempire.com/sake/images/hanshin_tigers3.jpg
 Samurai2
Msg: 167
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/5/2005 3:10:32 PM
Dapi, I think I'd like Japan. 'Sounds interesting.

Rocky, I can tell you don't know what you're talking about. You haven't said anything to prove you have met any Asian chicks or know anything about the culture. All you do is offer childish flattery. No offense but considering you obviously don't hang around Asian chicks around my age, in their 20s or 30s, I think you shouldn't comment to me anymore. lol 22 year-old? Yeah, okay, I believe you. lol
 dapi_editor
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/5/2005 9:32:35 PM
juicyjuicy

The body looks familiar, were you ever working in Tokyo?
 Samurai2
Msg: 172
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/5/2005 9:55:19 PM
Okay, Rocky, I believe you! *chuckles*

The one thing that I can say regarding asian women is that if they are from Asia, they are beautiful people inside and out. (for the most part). However if they are raised in western society, they are totally screwed up and for the most part have completely lost touch with what it means to be "Asian". The ones here all think that they should act like "Ling" from Ally Mcbeal. Stuck up, materialistic pretentious biatches.

That's what I've been saying!

As for Asian women born in Asia... yeah, a lot may be but they are becoming more influenced by the West. Now, many women from both groups are extremely materialistic (to a fault) and I can't stress that enough.
 clubkid66
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/6/2005 2:23:19 PM
They seem to act nicer than other cultures but once they get Americanized you better pray she is in love with you.
 Samurai2
Msg: 177
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/6/2005 8:56:42 PM
They are not hot. They are imitators with no mind of their own. Bland. {Go to mall. Buy high fashion brand name clothes. Go to McDonalds. Buy bubble tea. Robotic...}
 dapi_editor
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/7/2005 12:32:44 AM
oriental ice queen

that's the way it is 'LOOK INNOCENT' but, really 'BAD TO THE BONE'
 Samurai2
Msg: 181
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/7/2005 5:39:06 AM
Yeah, they're called poseurs (i.e. fakes).
 dapi_editor
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Liking asian girls
Posted: 7/7/2005 8:35:47 AM
samurai chill!

We'll get to the chambara later. And yes, you can do your Toshiro Mifune impression.

If you are really dissatisfied with the type of woman you are meeting then change your attitude and lifestyle. Why not seriously study martial arts and become involved in the competitions or better yet travel? Get out of the country, do something besides pretend you are the Man From La Mancha or an insipid version of Woody Allen...

If you are successful at something it shows in your attitude. The right attitude and that indefinable aura that smells of success can do wonders for your life. I've seen it too many times to disbelieve it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >