Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ravageplay
Msg: 178
Guys that cry.....Good or bad?Page 11 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
bad lol

don't listen to what women say lol, observe what they do. ;-)

good if she is a friend

bad if she is your gf, wife, lover

they are programmed this way and only state otherwise because it's politically correct, over do it with the emotional girl friend stuff and she will cease to FEEL ATTRACTION to you.
 WalkingBlind
Msg: 184
Guys that cry.....Good or bad?
Posted: 2/5/2007 1:48:30 PM
I don't understand why everyone is debating if men should cry.

I demand equality, women have brought the pendulum back to their side, we men deserve a piece of the pie. We should be allowed to cry.

On another note, I do cry, sometimes even at movies. I think it just shows that I wear my heart on my sleeve. Who hasn't cried to the movie 'Beaches' I think I was 12 when I first saw it, gets me every time :)

Just my two cents
 Recovery101
Msg: 203
Posted: 3/23/2007 1:20:31 AM
It truly is remarkable how some people view this issue and yeah I’ll just say that it’s perfectly natural and right to express your emotions. I served in the military for 10 years as a Non-Commission Officer in the Airborne Ranger Infantry . I and other men found ourselfs in terrible situations of action and no tears were seen because the situation called for us to place our emotions to one side in order to battle the fear of being slaughtered. But I’ll tell you the plain truth which is; once the battle subsided we cry over the losses of our friends as well as the enemy and the things we did to protect our way of freedom.

Those that I knew that stuffed their emotions later suffered severe problems and some who could not let it out committed suicide or became loss to indifference, never learning how to heal or love again. Remember the war that is fought is in the battlefield of your mind and the only victim is you.

If someone thinks it’s gay for men to cry, then they never been on the battlefield and most likely never learned to love others or feel love in return while being all bottled up on the inside where their only emotions are Fear, Anger and Resentments.

As for me I’ll place the emotion in check in order to survive through whatever ordeal but once the situations allows me I’ll let those feelings surface and flow so I don’t become a prisoner to my emotional and mental demise. To feel is to be human so Rock On and feel what you feel.
 MB58SC
Msg: 207
Posted: 3/23/2007 9:02:25 AM
As usual, a long thread of semantics. Men cry, we have tear ducts, we grieve, we suffer loss and we "actually" really do have emotions, though most of us aren't adept at expressing them.

Does any other explanation really need to be given?
 MB58SC
Msg: 209
Posted: 3/23/2007 9:52:50 AM
I have no problem with long threads. I think long threads **filled with trite arguments and euphemisms infering men are emotional cripples** are pretty annoying though.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 211
Posted: 3/23/2007 1:45:16 PM
I get choked up during movies at times :) I cry at funerals, tear up at weddings. Its normal and natural. But its not every day. LOL Theres a time for tears and a time for being the rock.

p.s. The movie Titanic, is NOT a time for tears!

heh
 curlygrl
Msg: 212
Posted: 3/23/2007 3:53:51 PM
Guys that cry - awesome to be able to show feelings -
deep feelings -
My mother was in a horrific car accident two years ago -
my father - my brothers and my nephews cried over her like
babies - I have never seen an outpouring of complete and total
love in my whole entire life - she was telling them to stop and they
would not- so guys that cry - yes awesome - if you are able to
show feelings with absolutely no shame - that is a man-
I made a guy cry once - does that count?
 chuchurillo
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:06:57 PM
Yes men cry. All men cry. It's just a matter of when that seperates us from women, (i know a generalisation).
About injuries/ loss of loved ones? Yes, no question. Births of ones children? that's onkay too. Weddings? Depends on who is getting married.
Those are the times when any man can cry with out recourse from anyone.
Movies on the other hand not so much, I'm not a tough guy, it's just silly, movies are just movies.
just my 2 bits.

Oh ya I forgot some other reasons men can cry with out recourse. His favourite team loses the championship game, he rolls over and destroys his dream car, (done this, cried like a 2 year old, of couse it could have been the back injury.) and the number one reason a man will cry? He gets kicked in the pills.
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 214
Posted: 3/23/2007 7:34:33 PM
Ladies you ever dated a guy that would cry if he was touched emotionally? Say....a good movie? or something very emotional?
If so whats your take on that?
I myself will cry at a good movie, not balling but tear up pretty good.

I cried when old yeller got shot,like a little girl.......ya I can cry with the best of them.... I'd be afraid of some one who couldn't cry....
 Honey_babe
Msg: 217
Posted: 3/23/2007 8:13:25 PM
lol. I have NEVER dated a guy who cried. I've only dated the REAL tough bad boy type. You know.. bad-boy good-girl thingy. They swarm me.. not my fault, it's like they can smell me from a mile away!

I guess I don't mess around eh?? I go straight to the serious ones.. geeze. I am trying to meet nicer ones because opposites attract but only for so long....

So, I don't know if it is Good or Bad. I don't know cuz I have never experienced it.
But I do think that I would feel wierd if my man cried over a movie. Am I rude too think this?

HB
 MB58SC
Msg: 220
Posted: 3/24/2007 7:09:17 AM
Gigglesparts, you are the man dawg. It's true men do cry. I rarely cry, but then again I'm a cold, caculating, detached shell of a human being, but even I've cried when enormously tragic events have occured in my life.

I cried on 9-11. I cry when I watch WWII movies, torture scenes, death of innocents, especially children knowing family I love were there, and others who served so I could shed those tears on U.S. soil.

I cry when overwhelmed by grief, such as seeing someone I love suffer, but I usually keep it to myself. I don't cry before the suffering at all cost, if I can help it. My mother once told me that she was raped. I tried not to cry, to show her I was strong -- but the very idea was so disturbing that I didn't have time to withold the emotion, It just came out. I felt weak afterwards, but then I felt rage, because I knew who had done it. I would kill him, if time hadn't already done it for me. He's a cognitive cripple now after having suffered a stroke from Alcoholism abuse. He's an old man now, and I was only told last year.

If a man cries for less, I don't consider him weak. It is a man or woman's character with which they cries which I judge. A liar, who cries caught in the lie -- is weak. A child molester in tears at sentencing, is weak.

Judge by character, by decisions, not the humanity in the response.
 Scintillating_Angel
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2007 10:38:40 AM
In my opinion, the biggest lie ever perpetrated on society is that big boys don't cry. It's the leading cause of premature death in our men. If they were not denied the outlet of good healthy tears now and then, they wouldn't get stretched so thin. I have seen men cry. I have seen STRONG men cry. I viewed it as a sign of their humanity and emotional health, not a sign of weakness.

I watched my Father cry when I aksed him why he and my Mama were divorced. I watched my brother cry when his firstborn son was placed in his arms. I held my son as he cried in fear the day he was diagnosed HIV positive. I watched my husband cry when he told me he was leaving. I watched hundreds of men cry when the space shuttle exploded and when they dug bodies out of the World Trade Center. It wasn't weakness or femaleness. It was honest emotion

So - if it hurts and you feel the need, cry. Male or female, it doesn't matter. It's a healthy release of pent up emotion.
 Scintillating_Angel
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2007 10:43:55 AM

if a man is gonna cry he should do it in private

Kenny, I bet your daddy whipped your little ass every time you cried when you were tiny, didn't he? Your post is the very thing I am talking about.

*shakes my head*
 bcvalleyboY
Msg: 230
Posted: 3/24/2007 10:52:52 AM
its okay for guys to cry, I just did the other day because some father left his son alone in the hospital, emasculating your male children is one sure way of ruining a boys chances to know that he will have it to be a man. After hearing this true story my heart went out for the boy.

Real men show emotions
 SouthernCherry
Msg: 240
Posted: 3/26/2007 9:04:10 AM
Yea i dated a guy who cryed! Theres nothing wrong with a guy showing his emotions! Hes human! Of course people crys about all kinds of things! I think its good that guys show there emotions and share there feelings and it really shows how human and caring they are.
 Tukabirdy
Msg: 253
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:59:30 AM
It will be a pre-requisite for any new man in my life. I'm teaching my son (16) not to be afraid of a crying woman....when I get frustrated or mad, I cry. That is normal for me. When men feel that way, the only socially acceptable emotion is rage, anger. That can land you in big trouble if one is unable to stomp it down.

When I see that in a man, I know he's unhealthy and society has done it to him. That is so wrong. Men deserve to be able to cry when they need to without being looked down on, for being so called " unmanly". It takes a real man to cry. If a man cries, too me, he is a strong, self assured, total human being. If I see an angry man....I feel for him, for he has not been taught to love himself and accept emotion as an authentic part of being in the human race.

It's almost immature NOT to be able to cry. No growth. I know many man have been taught to suck it up. So....Break the cycle....teach your sons and daughters to have valid emotions and accept it when they do.

Whining-the mad tears of not getting ones way.

Crying- the sad tears from hurting, rejection, or pain.

Both are authentic but should be handled in different ways depending on age. It's harder to do as a parent but isn't everything!

tooky
 Zen4U
Msg: 254
Posted: 4/8/2007 11:15:25 AM
As long as there is a healthy balance... I cry when I feel the need, even during an emotionally moving movie... not the balling but rather the teary eye cry... I watched the movie 'parent trap' just the other day... when the two twins met with their parents, I cried... so I can be emotional... there is nothing wrong with that, nor a good cry when one needs to let it out. Drop the ego and learn to accept your own true feelings... would women not prefer their partner to 'just be'?
 dslam1
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/10/2007 8:38:37 AM
The first time I remember crying was at 6 y.o. Before going to bed each night I would kiss my father on his cheek, humm, another no no for a lot of guys, lol. Anyway, he told me that I was now 6, and that I had to shake his hand and not kiss him anymore...I cried myself to sleep that night because I was sad that I couldn't express my love to my father.

Well, through the years I continued to expression emotion and cry as I felt it was appropriate for me to do so. All of my ex's have seen my cry for various reasons, a sad movie, death and somtimes just world the inhumanity of world events.

No one, including my ex's or female friends, has ever accused me of being "weak". They see me as a successful business person who is emotionally balanced. I have never been called names either...But maybe my proficiency in martial arts and being a former world class weight lifter has something to do with the name calling, lol.
 Hd-Lowrider
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2007 11:15:28 AM
Crying or showing emotions doesn't have to be good or bad. My eyes have always leaked from time to time for a number of reasons. From sad scenes in movies or shows, happy scenes, bad or good things happening to people, any number of things. What leaking eyes can be is embarrassing at times. Completely kills the bald headed, bearded, tattooed Harley rider image. Crying? I'm not crying!! Got jalapeno juice in my eye, damned bugs, onions, the list goes on and one.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >