Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gmaverick
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Guys that cry.....Good or bad?Page 2 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
I cry when I see injustice, things that I can't do anything about it.

Like families being ripped apart for political reasons, or at war like I saw in Serbia, or the dead for starvation on Nigeria while the world was watching of millions, man woman and children.

But; if I see someone abusing someone else, and it is in my hand to DO something about it, you can be sure, there will be someone else crying, instead of me.

And don't care whether someone thinks that's bad, I won't change the way I am because of it.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 107
Guys that cry.....Good or bad?
Posted: 5/24/2006 10:56:19 AM
I think it's endearing. In small doses!! I'm not usually a crier and definitely not in front of others. If I have to stock kleenex in my purse for his usage ~ he's got to go!
 Fry Lock
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 11:10:41 AM
If his dog dies or he spills his beer, sure; if we argue, no way; this may WAY limit my choices here, but I am SICK of a sniveling man; none for me thank you; I don't cry unless someone DIES pretty much, and I want a manlier man than I am....and if he's watching girlie movies, he's not my type anyway....last movie I cried at was Hoffa....
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 11:30:49 AM
I'm not afraid of showing my feelings.
I'll let loose a tear or two at a sad movie.

It's the difference between the man comfortable enough to show his emotions, and those who are just... well, overly emotional.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2006 12:33:50 PM
boy you got that right; snot and funny sounds are SO not attractive; besides, (in reference to a post above) if he's watching Pretty Woman and cries; I'd hate to see what happens when I go at him, cause the guys I like don't watch Pretty Woman....
 a_vamp
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/27/2006 8:05:48 AM

Posted By: hooyahhh on 2/1/2006
Subject: Guys that cry.....Good or bad?
Message: Ladies you ever dated a guy that would cry if he was touched emotionally? Say....a good movie? or something very emotional?
If so whats your take on that?
I myself will cry at a good movie, not balling but tear up pretty good..rolling down the cheeks
opinions?
Ronnie

There's no "good" or "bad" about a man's tears.... Man are human so why think so much about their tears?

Just dun use crying as a weapon for blackmail... That's just disgusting. This applies to both sexes, not just men...
 GT99
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/27/2006 11:45:47 AM
who cares...Men can show emotion too.

I guess seeing as I can show emotion, I am less of a man to some people here...ok fine, fight MMA and see if you can "be a man" even just getting into the ring/cage in front of a crowd.

emotion is NOT a sign of weakness, its called being human.

will I do that in public? no...but with someone you care for and trust? sure...no reason to hide feelings
 CuddlyBuddy
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2006 4:08:11 PM
Well i wont say its good or bad. its natural and its different in different people. i my self have been known to well up but i dont consider that crying. I will not cry over a break up or injury or a loss. ive had family members pass that i was close to and dident cry. it think it has more todo with how you were raised and how you deal with your emotions. dont get me wrong i dont bottle them up. but i wont cry. its sort of like an accident if you panic you cant do anything Straight or proper. same with emotions does Crying Solve anything? but as hazel,eyes said it can get ya hugs.. not that ive seen. it may make you feel better but thats due to chemical changes. id rather look at a situation with a Clear Calm head. I dont feel a person is less manly one way or another its all in how you deal.

So to those men who cry. shed a tear for me. to those who dont keep trucking.
 MrGordonGecko
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/8/2006 11:22:46 AM
Crying is healthy. I think men should cry otherwise they would go completely nuts.

I don't however believe you should cry when the feeling hits, I think you have to consider time and place and circumstance.

At a funeral, sure, crying makes sense.

At work, in front of your employees or coworkers, no it rarely makes sense. In front of your children, no it rarely makes sense. In front of someone you are dating, no it rarely makes sense.

No hard fast rules, but I think men are better off crying as much as they want, just in private.
 MrGordonGecko
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/9/2006 10:11:01 AM
I think its all a lie. Many women, from a detached view, are going to say 'A real man can cry' But if he does it for real in front of them, they will suddenly think less of him.

Think about it, women also say they want a nice sensitive guy in touch with his feelings too. How many of those guys do you see getting laid?

The man rule is this - if another guy cries in front of you for a good reason, after hes done, you pretend like it never happened. If you respect your friend, you allow him to break down but do not take his dignity with you. The man rule also says you don't cry in front of women, at work, or in public unless under extreme duress. I'm talking trapped in a bear trap or hit by a bus kind of duress. If a guy is under 18, you waive that, young people are confused and trying to figure out life, no one begrudges them that. Once you get past 18 though, a young man has to cowboy up.
 moraima
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2006 2:45:25 PM
Here I go again expressing an oppinon that I know won't be popular.

I thinking crying is over rated by society in general. People in certain professions find it necessary not to express their emotions at in inoperate times, and then it becomes a habit. People who have been through many very difficult emotional experiences end up not getting emontional over the small stuff after a while.

I for one get no release from crying unless it is because of a situation where ie. someone has died. It cames far more sense to me for me to release my emotional energy to fix whatever the situation is than to release it emotionally. I would be uncomfortable around either a man or women who cried on a regular basis at the small stuff.

I wonder if the flamers from the previous "crying good or bad" threads will get their nickers in a twist again...........it's enough to make me cry
 MrGordonGecko
Msg: 152
Posted: 7/9/2006 2:51:16 PM
Let me amend what I said earlier

If you are a man and you are good looking and you cry - you are 'sensitive', because women will sleep with you anyway.

If you are a man and you are not good looking and you cry - they will say you are 'sensitive' then proceed to write you off of their "To Do List" mentally. The biggest risk of course is for men who were on the fence in the woman's mind, in which case, doing some high level bawling will get you X'ed off real fast.

And to be fair, it flips the other way.

When a good looking girl does something stupid, to men she's 'cute'

When an ugly girl does something stupid, to men shes an 'idiot'

If you are an average guy, more often than not, if you cry, it will be held against you. Its not fair, but its the way the world works.
 femalegirlwoman
Msg: 160
Posted: 7/17/2006 4:28:57 PM
it depends on how close I am with the guy.....how long we've known each other..........
and what he's crying about.....I dated one guy who cried and the things he cried about were just fricking ridiculous.....made me lose respect for him, I want a tough strong man, not a fragile little daisy
 Thudpucker
Msg: 162
Posted: 7/22/2006 3:40:38 PM
I'll cry at the same things that makes John Wayne cry.

I my eyes ever get moist, it'll be a private thing for me -- not for anyone else.
 candy_123
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Guys that cry.....Good
Posted: 1/23/2007 11:11:10 AM
hi nothing wrong with a guy that cry they got feeling like all the rest of us ty
 techgirl27
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2007 7:50:54 PM
I say good. IMHO, its about time a guy showed they have feelings and what they mean to him. If its someone I'm close to, I will try to comfort them.
 ravageplay
Msg: 178
Posted: 2/5/2007 8:18:39 AM
bad lol

don't listen to what women say lol, observe what they do. ;-)

good if she is a friend

bad if she is your gf, wife, lover

they are programmed this way and only state otherwise because it's politically correct, over do it with the emotional girl friend stuff and she will cease to FEEL ATTRACTION to you.
 WalkingBlind
Msg: 184
Posted: 2/5/2007 1:48:30 PM
I don't understand why everyone is debating if men should cry.

I demand equality, women have brought the pendulum back to their side, we men deserve a piece of the pie. We should be allowed to cry.

On another note, I do cry, sometimes even at movies. I think it just shows that I wear my heart on my sleeve. Who hasn't cried to the movie 'Beaches' I think I was 12 when I first saw it, gets me every time :)

Just my two cents
 Recovery101
Msg: 203
Posted: 3/23/2007 1:20:31 AM
It truly is remarkable how some people view this issue and yeah I’ll just say that it’s perfectly natural and right to express your emotions. I served in the military for 10 years as a Non-Commission Officer in the Airborne Ranger Infantry . I and other men found ourselfs in terrible situations of action and no tears were seen because the situation called for us to place our emotions to one side in order to battle the fear of being slaughtered. But I’ll tell you the plain truth which is; once the battle subsided we cry over the losses of our friends as well as the enemy and the things we did to protect our way of freedom.

Those that I knew that stuffed their emotions later suffered severe problems and some who could not let it out committed suicide or became loss to indifference, never learning how to heal or love again. Remember the war that is fought is in the battlefield of your mind and the only victim is you.

If someone thinks it’s gay for men to cry, then they never been on the battlefield and most likely never learned to love others or feel love in return while being all bottled up on the inside where their only emotions are Fear, Anger and Resentments.

As for me I’ll place the emotion in check in order to survive through whatever ordeal but once the situations allows me I’ll let those feelings surface and flow so I don’t become a prisoner to my emotional and mental demise. To feel is to be human so Rock On and feel what you feel.
 MB58SC
Msg: 207
Posted: 3/23/2007 9:02:25 AM
As usual, a long thread of semantics. Men cry, we have tear ducts, we grieve, we suffer loss and we "actually" really do have emotions, though most of us aren't adept at expressing them.

Does any other explanation really need to be given?
 MB58SC
Msg: 209
Posted: 3/23/2007 9:52:50 AM
I have no problem with long threads. I think long threads **filled with trite arguments and euphemisms infering men are emotional cripples** are pretty annoying though.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >