Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynnie
Msg: 143
Things You've Learned and Advice You'd Pass On Now That You're Over 40Page 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Oh..I've learned that men in florida are pretty great too..actually pretty incredibly great!
 FISHGOLF
Msg: 144
Things You've Learned and Advice You'd Pass On Now That You're Over 40
Posted: 3/27/2006 9:01:31 AM
I've learned that singleness=happiness.
 Jim33903
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/27/2006 9:13:52 AM
Hey Cynnie,

I'm from Florida...Now ya done gone off and given me a swell head! Oh?....not referring to me?.... Darn it anyhow! LOL

See, I think girls form North Carolina are tops! Love that southern accent too! My best buddy is a guy that grew up in the back hills of North Carolina. The greatest friend I've ever had. He is a little guy of about 6'3" and 300 solid pounds. A gentle giant. He never saw a swimming pool until he was 18 years old! now that's back country! He never walked into a bar until he was 33! He is now 47. And his first trip on a plane was only about 4 months ago.

Anyway, just wanted say howdy girl! You look great! Loved reading your profile too. *wink*
 Jim33903
Msg: 146
Posted: 3/27/2006 9:26:21 AM
My pal Mandrake said:
I've learned that some women just never stop flirting and cheating^^^^

Is that right? You mean only women do that sort of thing? lol

Ok, on the serious side.....Something I learned. I was one of those guys that did the cheating thing. I learned that it was not worth the pain Icaused one beautiful woman, my wife at the time. If I could do it all over..........

But trust me on this one...I keep hearing people say that once a cheater, always a cheater.
To those mis-guided souls, I'd say that you just don't know me. I would never do that to someone again. Not to mention what it did to me. Let's say I've finally matured and grown. Lessons learned tha hard way are the best.

BTW, How ya doin Mandrake? bet you are still at least still flirting! lol I know I am.
 Jim33903
Msg: 147
Posted: 3/27/2006 9:50:01 AM
Hey pal, it was just a joke! I mean anyone that knows you or me for that matter, knows we are both so very quiet and shy. Would never ever flirt. LMAO!

I learned that flirting is a skill best saved for ummmmmm? uhhhh? Well let's see? hmmmm? .....

Oh well, I'll get back to ya on it!
 Cynnie
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/27/2006 10:01:03 AM
I've learned that ..
You can fall madly in like with TWO men !!
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/27/2006 10:01:47 AM
Nothing is Black or White there are many shades of grey

Oh and flirting keeps you young!
 cotter
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2006 1:36:21 PM
Time is the most precious thing you can give someone.

Never place too much value on anything that cannot love you back.

I have more, but since I'm over 40 I have to take time to think about it ... my mind ... now where'd I put my mind ... I had it earlier this morning.....................
 Jim33903
Msg: 151
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:49:40 AM
Thorb said:
what's that old joke ... oh yea ...
All men are created equal ...
just some of us grow out of it.

Well not so Thorb. It is: " when God created men, SHE was only joking! lol
 Jim33903
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/30/2006 11:29:27 AM

Anyway, to answer the question that just HAS to be burning in your mind right now (ha, ha!)...My knee surgery went well and right now, I can hop around a little to get to the coffeepot and the computer. What more could I possibly need!??!

What else could you possibly need you ask? Well as a friend, if I was close enough, I'd be there to wait on you hand and foot. You would not be hopping around for coffee or anything girlfriend. I'd even cook for ya! I mean, what are friends for right?
 Jim33903
Msg: 155
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:49:11 AM
Good morning.

Just an update: I had the pleasure of meeting one of our favorite ladies yesterday. Some of you know Dceee is here in Florida to visit her mom. So we planeed a meeting for the day before yesterday. I had to cancl at the last minute since some things came up that had to be taken care of. So I was ruinning late for our 7:39 meeting. I called her cell phone and left 4 voice mails only to find out I had written the nuber down wrong! Well she finally called me when I was about half way of the 91 mile drive to meet her. We agreed it was late and made the date for the next day. Since she does not know Sarasota, I asked her for one place that she remembered seeing and we'd meet there. Turned out to be a Waffle House. I got there with time to spare. Drowned myself in coffee as I waited. But then I wondered if there was more then 1 Waffle house in the area. So when she was about 10 minutes late, i phoned her. ( right number this time) Between her description and the cashier at the Waffle house I was at, we figured out that she was not in Sarasota, but was in Bradenton. So I drove another 20 miles up the Interstate and we finally met. I was glad she was running late too! We spend a really nice couple of hours talking about all sorts of things. it was really nice! Of course I downed myself with yet more coffee while we talked. lol I offered her luinch but she was not hungry. If we had the time, I'd have taken her to a much nicer place then the Waffle House too. So we parted with a nice hug and kiss. And she is a great kisser too! *wink*
Gee, did I just kiss and tell?
Anyway, it went well. it was great to meet one of ours. Dceee..You are a super lady!
 Jim33903
Msg: 157
Posted: 4/7/2006 12:57:36 AM
Sorry to hear of the lose of a good friend DbnDon.
Thank you for the reminder of always telling our friends what they mean to us. I honestly try to do that. You may never get another chance to tell them how you feel about them if a tragedy hit tomorrow.
I lost an old friend a few weeks back too. I've known him since 1984. He became ill at home and would not see a doctor. Two days later he was rushed to the hospital and while they were doing tests he had a massive heart attack and died on the table. It was a shock. Sadly, he and I had not talked in some time. I had tried to call him just several days before he left us. I took that hard since maybe I could have tried to reach him a few more times on the phone. His widow is a good friend and I did not fail to tell her how I feel about her.

And another thing I learned.........I read my post above and can see i failed to run spell check! I can spell, but I can't type, so I do get a lot of errors. My fingers always seem to hit the wrong keys or ones next to the one I want!
Spell check said I did good on this piece! lol
 fuzzzer
Msg: 158
Posted: 4/7/2006 2:16:20 AM
If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, they probably just want a piece of **s.
 noel66
Msg: 159
Posted: 9/26/2006 12:06:14 PM
If your OUTGO exceeeds your INCOME,

Then your UPKEEP will be your DOWNFALL.
 lump of coal
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/26/2006 12:21:55 PM
If you do what's RIGHT you'll be let DOWN and wind UP with what's LEFT.
 noel66
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/28/2006 8:39:38 AM
Nothing just happens.

Whether it be good or bad,
Make us happy or sad.
There is a reason,
For every time and season.
I'm not here by chance,
Neither is your glance.

Nothing just happens. NOTHING!!!
 noel66
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/28/2006 8:47:40 AM
Life is a choice.

Everything we say and do is the result of a choice. Some we are not aware are choices. We get out of bed everyday and say we HAVE to. But we don't. We choose to get out of bed. We choose to go where we go. We choose to do what we do. And by not making a choice, we are ultimately choosing. Examine the things that you feel are beyond your control, that you think you have to do. You will find a choice. You don't have to pay taxes. Are their consequences for that choice? Absolutely. But by paying them, you exercise a choice. Even if you are held at gunpoint and "forced" to do anything, you exercise a choice. You choose to do what they say instead of being shot or killed.

Life is a choice. Learn to make good choices. Explore all avenues and possible outcomes. Your life WILL depend on them.
 justafeller
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/24/2007 9:43:34 AM
No matter wether you are right or wrong, It can and will be held against you. So do what is best for you after a lot of self debate..
 Guesswhoo
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/24/2007 10:30:00 AM
Live life to the fullest, dont worry about what others think, dont let the bad times keep you down long........its truly a waste of your life.
 WindRoper
Msg: 165
Posted: 8/24/2007 10:51:53 AM
Fair is a 4-letter F-word.

Education... education... education, and try to incorporate something you have a passion for into a paying career. It is a rare blessing and resists burnout.

When it's all said and done, the most fun and memorable times of my life all have involved being gathered with family. Never mess with a winning combination.

If they ain't blood, their love isn't unconditional (and neither is yours). Given the proper circumstances even your oldest and dearest friend will screw you but at least they'll kiss you first.
 NatGoat
Msg: 166
Posted: 8/24/2007 1:42:27 PM
It's not Over . . till it's Over !!!
If you still have the Drive . . Use it as you see fit . . !!
Ask Jane Fonda . . !!
I've got 9-Years saved-up . . {Wid. 7/98}
Who's ready to Dance . . ?? . .
 Charred
Msg: 167
Posted: 8/24/2007 2:42:04 PM
for my kid...
don't be like me, be you...
make your own mistakes...
plenty of time to make things right if you're wrong about something but you have to do that; humility will go a long way...
don't sweat the small stuff...
heck, don't sweat anything...
take your place in the world (it won't be calling and pointing out where you should be)...
listen...
whoever and whatever you feel you are inside that's what to show the world...
they can smell a phony a mile away...
learn forgiveness early and practice it always; you'll need from others sometimes too...
 gpb1953
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/24/2007 5:29:36 PM
- Always seek first to understand, then to be understood.

- What we are communicates far more effectively than what we say or do.

- Live out of your imagination, not your history.

- The key is not to prioritize whats on your schedule but to schedule your priorities.

Gary
 cdn_guy
Msg: 169
Posted: 8/24/2007 8:44:15 PM
Just one piece of advice (thing I've learned), now that I'm the age I am ?? That's easy. Be nice ... even if you're the only one to do so. Then remember the results.

cdn guy
 goer
Msg: 170
Posted: 8/24/2007 10:39:42 PM
Only one life that soon is past.
Only what's done with love will last.

When your ship comes in, make sure you are willing to unload it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >