Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ever spend a night in Detroit?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 enigoM
Msg: 251
Ever spend a night in Detroit?Page 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

They are derived from the US gov't's own databases...
so post a link then...

. Why can't you just have the cojones to show the courage of your convictions...? Why do racists feel the need to hide their racism, are they ashamed of it or just afraid of revealing the ignorance of their beliefs...?
who's racist? kind of funny seeing you resort to name calling after not being able to answer my question? I do care why crime is committed but for this arguments sake it is not relevant to the point..for whatever reasons Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crimes...

Your question is meaningless, uneducated, irrelevant and without any valid point..
My question is based on the statistics provided by the DOJ & FBI, whats the matter with the question? don't like the answer you might come up with?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Ever spend a night in Detroit?
Posted: 8/14/2013 11:50:58 AM

Factors are not relevant, I don't care why they are committing crimes...

Confounding factors are not only relevant, they are of primary consideration... The mere case that YOU don't care does not make them irrelevant (a realization which requires intelligent thought)...

If the cause of crime doesn't interest you then why does the cause of Benghazi mean so much to you...could it be that in both cases this lack of interest or unusual interest fits an ideology?

That crime when compared to poverty means that white and black crime are virtually the same in percentages per capita...well, just f'n ignore that...because it would then mean it's poverty that is the issue not that black=crime.

Obviously you don't care why crime is committed, you only care about what race the criminal is and even then, only if the criminal is black...

It is clear that there's still some of that ole craype goin on in todays world...black=crime justifies racism...while poverty=crime doesn't.

Good thing there's no statistics on black pro-choice liberal gay crime or there'd be a field day goin on here.
 mungojoe
Msg: 253
Posted: 8/14/2013 12:09:12 PM
I do care why crime is committed but for this arguments sake it is not relevant to the point..

It's absolutely relevant and for reasons I've already given, more than once... If you are incapable of understanding those reasons then that is your intellectual failure...

If you WANT to understand that (and it is clear that you either don't, won't or can't) go back and read the thread again... I won't keep repeating it for the anti-intellectual, unintelligent or simply lazy...

for whatever reasons Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crimes

And, once again, NO they don't... I've also already shown that, at length and with clarity... The ratios are just what we should expect them to be based on the nature of crime and its primary correlates...

Don't believe me...? Go back and look at the numbers and show how they are wrong... Oh, and here's a hint for you: simply regurgitating the raw numbers from the FBI's UCR database won't do the trick as they're already included in the numbers I posted... In fact, the figures I posted are based on the FBI's UCR numbers...

My question is based on the statistics provided by the DOJ & FBI...

So are the numbers I posted as noted above...

so post a link then...

ROFLMAO

Why do you need me to tell you what you already know...?

You already know where to find the crime numbers considering you've noted some of the older raw numbers in your previous post...

Good thing there's no statistics on black pro-choice liberal gay crime or there'd be a field day goin on here.

But it would be hilarious to watch...
 flyguy51
Msg: 254
Posted: 8/14/2013 1:04:36 PM
who's racist? kind of funny seeing you resort to name calling after not being able to answer my question? I do care why crime is committed but for this arguments sake it is not relevant to the point..for whatever reasons Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crimes...

"For whatever reasons"? Mungojoe explained the reasons quite well-- when controlled for confounding factors, the stats even out to a statistical dead heat. But you have adamantly stated that you are not interested in confounding factors, which is disappointing but not surprising.

Why the need to simply state "more blacks = more crime" without any further context, investigation, or curiosity on your part? What can you take from this face value conclusion of yours? How do YOU explain it if you are highly reluctant to take MJ's explanation into consideration?

Explain what you conclude from "more blacks = more crime." Don't let political correctness victimize your prerogative to speak honestly (or, the more likely reason, plausible deniability).
 enigoM
Msg: 255
Posted: 8/14/2013 1:42:06 PM
Probably has a lot to do with cultural differenes..thug lifestyle being glamourized...being raised with an entitlement mentality..lack of strong moral values due to lack of entact families...resentment based on historical oppression and a system that will not teach about the laws and mechanisms in place that insure equal treatment...constantly being bombarded by antiestablishment liberal propaganda etc...
 flyguy51
Msg: 256
Posted: 8/14/2013 2:18:14 PM
Thanks. I actually agree on some points there. Why the dismissiveness of Mungo's analysis then? Are the stats he presents so hard to believe?
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2013 3:23:16 PM

thug lifestyle being glamourized...being raised with an entitlement mentality..lack of strong moral values due to lack of entact families

Are you speaking of white rural poverty?
 Paul K
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2013 3:35:11 PM
"thug lifestyle being glamourized...being raised with an entitlement mentality..lack of strong moral values due to lack of entact families"

Then the comment:
"Are you speaking of white rural poverty? "

Ha ha ha ........ oopss.. you are serious, aren't you? Intentionally leaving out ALL other races and trying to make it seem like ONLY one race has the corner on a thug-entitlement-mentality-no moral values says all that needs to be said about the writers opinion on race. Obviously, it is the "white man who done all the wrong", and all other races are victums.............

Again, it is those who have actully been there that say they wouldn't camp out in Detroit for a night, and the "statistic experts" that seem to be looking forward to that evening............. I won't hold me breath.

Just one question for the person who lumped Detroit-Dearborn-Livonia into one stat about unemployment......... Don't you have the guts to post JUST Detroit stats, or put another way.... the fact that you used Dearborn-Livonia stats to boost the stats of Detroit may have gotten past many, but here is the truth........ Dearborn-Livonia, while bad, are nowhere near the level of Detroit. But, then you would actually have to see for yourself, so that will never be acknowledged.

Paul K
 statemachine500
Msg: 259
Posted: 8/14/2013 6:46:28 PM

Again, it is those who have actully been there that say they wouldn't camp out in Detroit for a night, and the "statistic experts" that seem to be looking forward to that evening............. I won't hold me breath.

Statistics experts.In this case,garbage in garbage out.About the same kind of contortions those climate experts were doing in England to prove their case.Mungojoe should contact Bloomberg about his findings.....
 mungojoe
Msg: 260
Posted: 8/14/2013 7:21:43 PM

Statistics experts.In this case,garbage in garbage out.About the same kind of contortions those climate experts were doing in England to prove their case.

So then... What you are saying is that you can't actually prove anything wrong with it so you'll simply dismiss it to avoid the cognitive dissonance it creates for you...

You do know that pattern of cognitive rationalization is the same one that racists, homophobes, bigots of all stripes use to self-reinforce their bigotries... Right...? That seems suspiciously close to some kind of admission...
 statemachine500
Msg: 261
Posted: 8/14/2013 8:15:05 PM
Ever see that movie Trading Places with Murphy and Akroyd?Is a black guy wearing a suit in Manhattan scarey to me?

NO

Poor inner city blacks.

YES

Why?Who was that Jewish comedian with the line about being afraid of some black people?He said"It's not because they're black.It's because I'm white".The extreme racism is coming from poor blacks.Whites try to avoid the situation by fleeing the inner cities.Maybe you have seen some stats on this.If somebody is trying to belong,I can't say no to them.If they wage war against you because of your color,they go into a different category.What is the real cause of that massive weapons buildup by people in the U.S?I can tell you that in Louisiana,they are up against open aggression everywhere,the whites live together in the small towns and hamlets,and they are armed to the teeth.The Russian prediction is that the U.S will eventually split into distinct regions.....
 enigoM
Msg: 262
Posted: 8/15/2013 5:35:04 AM

Why the dismissiveness of Mungo's analysis then?
Because there is no corroboration and no study cited or link provided to view the percentages in context. Plus the methodololgy used to arrive at the percentages is not provided. Too many variables not accounted for...
 mungojoe
Msg: 263
Posted: 8/15/2013 12:20:07 PM
Because there is no corroboration and no study cited or link provided to view the percentages in context.

ROFLMAO

Dude, YOU posted older crime numbers from the same site the percentages were derived from...

You can find THOSE (older) crime numbers but you can't find anything else on the SAME site...?

You need ME to point you to where you have already been...?!?

OK, if you insist on making yourself appear that dense and foolish then here is your "corroboration" and "context" (hint: the "context" is 'crime as reported', just like it says in the posts but I guess that went right over your head, huh?)...

The source of the crime numbers YOU can't seem to find on your own (even though you posted older ones from the same place)...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011

You know, asking those questions only make you appear intelligent when the answers aren't already right in front of your eyes (not surprised a right wingnut can't see that, really)...

ALL of the crime numbers necessary to corroborate and provide "context" can be found there...

Plus the methodololgy used to arrive at the percentages is not provided.

The "methodololgy" (it is spelled 'methodology', you shouldn't try to use big words you don't seem to understand) used to arrive at those percentages is called 'arithmetic' (you know, that stuff some people use to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers)... and most of it is taught at the high school level... Apparently that too is beyond your ability to grasp in a straight-forward reading...

Too many variables not accounted for.

And WHAT "variables" aren't accounted for... The variables in use are crime, economic status, and family status... Every one is mentioned in the post and represented in the numbers (you know, it would help if you actually read the stuff you respond to, your replies might seem more reasoned and less 'knee-jerk' that way)...

What "unaccounted for variables" could you possibly be referring to...?

(I'm starting to feel like a Bugs Bunny quote is called for...)
 enigoM
Msg: 264
Posted: 8/15/2013 12:41:27 PM
Typos aside...so you dud the math yourself ..drew your own conclusions and tried to pass it off as credible ...you and other libs try to cast republicans, conservatives or anyone who disagrees with you as narrow minded bigots..when I ask for clarufication of stats you provuded you resort to ridicule and sarcasm..is there a creduble study that supports your hypothesis and percentages?
 mungojoe
Msg: 265
Posted: 8/15/2013 2:04:05 PM
when I ask for clarufication of stats you provuded you resort to ridicule and sarcasm

First, it's "clarification" and "provided"... AND you got the clarification... You were told exactly where the numbers came from... The posts told you EXACTLY how the numbers were used... AND, despite that, you continued to act as though you had absolutely no clue... You only ridiculed yourself by insisting that you hadn't been given exactly what you asked for...

is there a creduble study that supports your hypothesis and percentages?

So then, you are saying that the numbers provided by the FBI's UCR aren't credible... Why then are YOU attempting to use the same numbers you don't consider credible to make YOUR point...?

However, if you would like some studies regarding the link between poverty, social status and crime that establish the credibility of comparing poverty/social status with crime I can educate you on that as well... Here's a 'starter set' for you...

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1745-9133.2004.tb00035.x/abstract

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/2094894?uid=3739448&uid=2&uid=3737720&uid=4&sid=21102555361443

http://books.google.ca/books?hl=en&lr=&id=VZt5aeL6xTkC&oi=fnd&pg=PA2&dq=us+offender+poverty+rate&ots=7ZCxgIqKL8&sig=2UGexiA5v8kzc3Vx-SqzoWumaS8#v=onepage&q=us%20offender%20poverty%20rate&f=false

drew your own conclusions

No... The numbers drew the conclusion... I stated no conclusions other than what the numbers themselves show all on their own...

However, if that is "too deep" for you, here are some links to help you learn about numbers and "what they say"...

Basic lessons in arithmetic:

http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED473300

The basics of statistics:

http://psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1950-05609-000

You know, as a side note, you REALLY shouldn't try to pretend to be intelligent or liberal if you can't even get the basics right... You will continue to fail in your attempts to play what right wingnuts consider to be "liberal tricks" as long as you fail to understand how they work... And, seriously, do you really expect anyone to believe that you can know what is "credible" and what isn't when you lack the basic knowledge and/or intellect to even spell the word...?
 Madailein
Msg: 266
Posted: 8/15/2013 3:44:51 PM

Probably has a lot to do with cultural differenes..thug lifestyle being glamourized...being raised with an entitlement mentality..lack of strong moral values due to lack of entact families...resentment based on historical oppression and a system that will not teach about the laws and mechanisms in place that insure equal treatment...constantly being bombarded by antiestablishment liberal propaganda etc…~enigoM

Ever see that movie Trading Places with Murphy and Akroyd?Is a black guy wearing a suit in Manhattan scarey to me?

NO

Poor inner city blacks.

YES

Why?Who was that Jewish comedian with the line about being afraid of some black people?He said"It's not because they're black.It's because I'm white".The extreme racism is coming from poor blacks.Whites try to avoid the situation by fleeing the inner cities.Maybe you have seen some stats on this.If somebody is trying to belong,I can't say no to them.If they wage war against you because of your color,they go into a different category.What is the real cause of that massive weapons buildup by people in the U.S?I can tell you that in Louisiana,they are up against open aggression everywhere,the whites live together in the small towns and hamlets,and they are armed to the teeth.The Russian prediction is that the U.S will eventually split into distinct regions..…~statemachine500

+1, You gentlemen should be speaking these words from a podium.
You have the courage to speak truth, it is refreshing.

As for the naysayers;
Some posters are best ignored.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2013 4:57:02 PM
Joe,

I've come to the delusion that these reichwingers are too lazy to actually do anything but point fingers at everyone else for their own personal shortcomings and their inability to find a simple web page when pointed directly to the source of the info.

so you dud the math yourself

No the data comes directly from the FBI Criminal Justice Information Services...they did the math for Joe...just because you're too lazy to look or incapable doesn't mean the numbers don't exist exactly as Joe posted

tried to pass it off as credible

They are the FBI's numbers, therefore, the most credible numbers available.

you and other libs try to cast republicans, conservatives or anyone who disagrees with you as narrow minded bigots.

We read the posts of the conservative repuglicants and come to the same conclusion...narrow minded racist bigots.

is there a creduble study that supports your hypothesis and percentages?

Who is more credible than the FBI...please tell us so we don't spin our wheels.

Oh, and by the way for all you lazy ppl who feel entitled to have us provide you with fingertip links to find readily available data...for those of you who lack the personal responsibility to find the information that Joe has gratiously provided here's the link to his data at the FBI:

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43

Some posters are best ignored.

First thing you've ever written that I agree with.

Now I think I'll go change into my underwear and pose for new profile pictures...LMAO
 Matapang
Msg: 268
Posted: 8/15/2013 6:29:58 PM
I was in downtown Myrtle Beach the other day. I saw a bumper sticker on a parked car that read:
"I miss Detroit."

So I broke the window, stole the radio, shot out two of the tires, added an Obama bumper sticker and left a note that read, "Hope this helps.”
 statemachine500
Msg: 269
Posted: 8/15/2013 6:33:23 PM

They are the FBI's numbers, therefore, the most credible numbers available.

I like your humor.Who cares what a gov agency is trying to feed you.Nobody dared to comment on what Bloomberg achieved.A weeping liberal judge made all the muggers and predators rejoice I am sure.Now sit back and watch the apologists try to explain why street crime will rise once again.Will the muggers target some guy in a dirty tshirt or the man in a business suit?
 Madailein
Msg: 270
Posted: 8/15/2013 6:51:49 PM

I was in downtown Myrtle Beach the other day. I saw a bumper sticker on a parked car that read:
"I miss Detroit."

So I broke the window, stole the radio, shot out two of the tires, added an Obama bumper sticker and left a note that read, "Hope this helps.”~Matapang

+1, Funee!!!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2013 4:43:30 AM
Who cares what a gov agency is trying to feed you

It's good that ppl have a sense of skepticism for single data sources...but, I'll note that no one has dared to repudiate the FBI numbers with data of their own.

Where's my underwear pic's???
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 272
Posted: 8/22/2013 9:15:30 PM
"Where's my underwear pic's???"
Try using a mirror, like everybody else.

Meanwhile in Detroit: "Abandoned Dogs Roam Detroit in Packs as Humans Dwindle
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-21/
As many as 50,000 stray dogs roam the streets and vacant homes of bankrupt Detroit, replacing residents, menacing humans who remain and overwhelming the city’s ability to find them homes or peaceful deaths.

Dens of as many as 20 canines have been found in boarded-up homes in the community of about 700,000 that once pulsed with 1.8 million people. One officer in the Police Department's skeleton animal-control unit recalled a pack splashing away in a basement that flooded when thieves ripped out water pipes.

The dogs were having a pool party,” said Lapez Moore, 30. “We went in and fished them out.”

Poverty roils the Motor City and many dogs have been left to fend for themselves, abandoned by owners who are financially stressed or unaware of proper care. Strays have killed pets, bitten mail carriers and clogged the animal shelter, where more than 70 percent are euthanized.

“With these large open expanses with vacant homes, it’s as if you designed a situation that causes dog problems,” said Harry Ward, head of animal control. "
 Paul K
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2013 2:24:15 AM
MUNGO........... You are an animal lover, aren't you? This latest thing to hit Detroit, you know, with the packs of dogs running around is perfect! They will love to see you come and spend the night with them. Maybe one remembers where the pool that was mentioned in the article, and you can get some spa time in!

Back to reality........ it seems like the dogs run with each other sort of according to size. One lady said that she was attacked by a pack of dogs the size of chiuahuas.......... Hey Ren.... Stimpy is looking for you!!!

I wonder what the statisticians are going to say about the dogs............ Well, they sure aren't loving dogs, as they practice "size-ism"................. They must be republican dogs.........

I wonder just how long it is going to take the statisticians to prove that this phenomenom was caused by Ronaldus Magnus..... just a matter of time, me thinks.

Paul K
 trinity818
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2013 5:32:28 AM

You know, as a side note, you REALLY shouldn't try to pretend to be intelligent

(not surprised a right wingnut can't see that, really)...

I would report you for name-calling, except for the fact that this entire thread would get deleted. The level of your arrogance and rudeness is astounding. For an individual who considers himself to be highly intelligent, your repeated name-calling and snottiness makes you sound mean and arrogant.

Do you talk to your students with the same type of attitude? You sound like a complete azz-hole.
 mungojoe
Msg: 275
Posted: 8/23/2013 11:51:13 AM
MUNGO........... You are an animal lover, aren't you?

Nope... especially not dogs... I would just as soon shoot them on sight for their smell alone... Though, it is interesting that your first thought would be that I was... WHY would you assume THAT...?

This latest thing to hit Detroit, you know, with the packs of dogs running around is perfect! They will love to see you come and spend the night with them.

Well, what do you know... You FINALLY got one right... For all your carrying on about abandoned neighbourhoods being "dangerous criminal haunts" where you are "certain to be victimized" you completely missed the reality of it... Stray dogs are and ALWAYS have been the real danger associated with abandoned neighbourhoods (well, that and falling through rotten floors)... And THAT applies almost anywhere in the world... Or are you suggesting that these are "black dogs" and therefore inherently vicious and criminal...?

Unfortunately for you, it took SOMEONE ELSE pointing it out before reality ever managed to sink into your thought process...

And doubly unfortunate for you is the fact that it STILL doesn't support any of your claims of being a "certain victim of crime"... Though I couldn't help but notice that you jumped on the story as if it actually proved your point (again, too bad it took someone else to show it to you), which it doesn't (waiting with bated breath for the "stray dogs are criminals too" retort)...

Maybe one remembers where the pool that was mentioned in the article, and you can get some spa time in!

Ah, so NOW you have "pumped it up" to include "staying overnight in an abandoned building"... But what happened to your "pitch a tent on a corner of MLK" line...? Am I now supposed to "commute" between "holiday residences" as well...? These utterly juvenile and desperate attempts you have made here are absolute proof of a lack of rational intelligence...

Do you talk to your students with the same type of attitude?

Only the 4 to 8 year old's...

And I do find it interesting that you would need to delve into my profile to try and make a "point"... A fairly typical "have you stopped beating your wife"-type question...

You sound like a complete azz-hole

When it comes to the unintelligent, ridiculous and/or bigoted nonsense of conservative irrationality...? Absolutely... I will act like an a$$hole towards anyone who expresses a$$hole attitudes... And I will call out unintelligent, irrational horse-sh!t for its lack of intelligence and rationality... Without even the slightest compunction, chagrin or regret... Every time and in the clearest, most unambiguous way possible (don't want the message to be missed by those who react without thinking intelligently first, do we?)...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ever spend a night in Detroit?