Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 King_Thermos
Msg: 43
view profile
History
What are your tattoos and the meaning behind them?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
i got the gonzo fist on my shoulder, means freak power
bone knife with a 6 fingered fist holding peyote.
 handyfish
Msg: 59
view profile
History
What are your tattoos and the meaning behind them?
Posted: 10/17/2006 3:26:10 PM
how about the one i have on my unit it says SWAN
and if you stroke it it says saskatchewan lol jk lol
 handycowboy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:19:40 PM
no tats, as of yet but ive got scars that gots meanin'....... and the one will become a tat as soon as the person that is to do it, is ready .... its a scar fom open chest surgury a few years ago and i have always called it my zipper ....so I want a zipper tattooed on it with a piercing of a zipper pull at one end of it ...... it'll be so cool
 KarmaTiger
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 11:29:59 AM
I've a dragon on my arm - colored green for my army days and yellow to represent my chinese heritage, with 4 claws per foot (as only the Emperor can wear a 5 clawed dragon) and a maple leaf 'hidden' in the tail.
 Cynderz
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/30/2007 6:56:56 PM
Crescent moon a ribbon of cloud crossing it and a star.. I liked it so that iz what I got..simple..it is done with blue ink only no colour..here iz the connection my Father had some tattz and they were done with the blue indian ink sooo that iz why mine iz like that.
I would get about 5 more if I could stand the sound of the darn machine and they could freeze it so I couldn't feel it, what can I say I am not into pain and pleasure.
 ~J-man~
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/1/2007 9:36:26 AM
Mine is a canada flag transfer and should fall off in an hour after putting it on..

The meaning ...hmmm tough one happy Canada day fellow fishys...
 HD GhostRider
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/1/2007 11:00:36 AM
I have a Lions Head that looks like the Beast from Beauty and the Beast on my right shoulder which goes back to an old nickname I used to have on my left shoulder I have a tiger clawing it's way up my arm representing a few of the struggles I have had in the past and over came . My last tattoo to date is of a Cross with the word DAD in a ribbon that flows around the cross In memory of my biggest Hero .. My dad who incently passed away on this day (Canada Day) in 2004 that tattoo is on my right inner forearm so if I cross my arms it will be placed over my heart. I have 4 other tattoos planned but theres a 6 month waiting list for the artist that does all my work
 nosoup4u
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/1/2007 11:21:02 AM
Very well thought out tatties ghostrider. Also very wise picking the right artist and having the patience to wait. Perhaps the artist's first name may be Reg. I've seen some of his work and he definitely is one of the best in the Province.
My sentiments about the loss of your Father, i'm very close to mine as well.
 Cynderz
Msg: 81
Posted: 7/1/2007 8:27:00 PM
Yes, I have seen HD GhostRider's tattoo's and the one honouring his Father is awesome.
 UniquelyMe81
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/27/2007 2:17:15 PM
I have an om on my left leg, as well as a dragon (on the same leg). the om represents peace, and the dragon represents protection. I also have a mutil colored tribal sun with an asian symbol on my upper back. The asian symbol means loyalty. The tribal sun was just cool. The multi colors are different shades of blue. Blue is one of my fave colors.
 PrairieNihilist
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2007 7:56:11 PM
At present time, I have only one tattoo. It's a tribal armband, and it's the first piece of a tribal body motif that I am getting to pay homage to my roots. The tribe that my family came from in Sierra Leone, used tattoos to identify status. My plan is to have a modernized version of that on my body to remind me where I came from. Several of my good friends from childhood, are artists, and I'm having them each design a tribal piece to add into it so that I can keep my friends close at all times.
 FRÊCKLËS~JÕ~®
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:33:26 AM
well I have 2 roses... one is 30 years old now over my heart... n was recientley re-inked by the original artist.."west coast tattoo's" thomas lockart.
the second was done when I was still in Regina...2000... Rose again...on my lower back...
can't remember the name ....it was on Albert St & Saskatchewan dr.

I'm a Clepto when it comes to roses...lol
 summersunshinegirl
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/12/2008 12:06:28 PM
I have a blue daisy with a yellow center on my right upper chest area. I got it trying to overcome a severe phobia to needles. I explained this to the tattoo artist and she helped me work through it. I just didn't walk in and get it done, it took many trips, sitting in the waiting room, then moving into the actual chair and getting comfortable sitting there, and then her explaining how tattooing actually works and letting me get comfortable seeing the needle thing. I probably went there about 6 times before I actually got into the chair to get the work done. She helped me out by posting some stuff on the ceiling for me to concentrate on, and also talking me through the whole thing. She was amazingly accomodating. The daisy is the symbol from an ancient online chat program ICQ, which I don't even think exists any more, but I used to spend alot of time there in the mid 90's when the internet was relatively new to the world. I had it done fairly high, above the actual breast because I didn't want it to sag when that part of me started to sag. I would love more, but cash has stopped me. I've been told that lots of people want more tattooes once they have one and it's true, I couldn't wait to have another done the minute I walked out of the shop. If and when I do I want some wings on my lower back.
 buzzjava
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2008 5:20:13 PM
i have a Hydro-carbon on my left arm. it's an arm band to
why ?
i work in the oil & gas industry
And i am anti-carbon
it's sad that so many thing's that bring me joy have something to do with this thing
 HomelessEd
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/21/2009 4:50:01 PM
I have one of a mole on my right cheek

oh wait.... it is a mole
 polly ogerski
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:56:41 AM
I'm thinking of getting a mouse on my left lower abdomen.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 9:36:44 PM
I just discovered what my tattoo means a couple days ago. I've had it for years and I thought it was pretty simple, but no way. Not now. Things have changed...greatly. When I was seventeen I spent four months rock climbing in Yosemite Valley. I climbed everything I could except for this boulder route called Midnight Lightning. It's really hard and I fell everytime at the same spot about ten feet up. It has a native pictograph of a lightning bolt at the bottom; hence the name. So after the summer ended I convinced a tattoo artist living in camp four to do a copy of the famous bolt on my back in exchange for a drive to San Francisco. I never finished the climb, nor make did I make the trip to San Fran. (the guy was in trouble of some kind and made his own midnight lightning escape). But I got the tattoo. Now, like twenty years later I find out that in prison, a lightning bolt tattoo means you've killed someone in jail. I was shocked. I never thought I would ever hurt a fly. It makes me miss the simpler days. California sunshine. Staring up at ancient rocks, slipping off the edge, sleeping in the company of tatoo artists and felons.
 HomelessEd
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/26/2009 9:06:06 PM
Wow I would think the next time your in prison they would be nice too you.

If you read the thread you will see that the tat is usally a very personal thing as is yours. Who cares what others thing of it.
 Brand New Sin
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/9/2009 10:40:09 AM
I have the "death dealer" on one arm, and a skull and a dragon on the other arm.

My ink has no "deep meaning". I like how it looks and it's as simple as that, and I will soon be getting more!
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  >