Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Muscular Women--turn on or turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 29
Muscular Women--turn on or turn off?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If I was with a muscular woman, I would do my own oil changes on my car. She could lift up the car and hold it in the air while I change the oil.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 30
Muscular Women--turn on or turn off?
Posted: 9/18/2015 12:30:56 PM

If a women becomes muscular, then they're more than likely using steroids and testosterone boosters. Women dont naturally have enough testosterone to put on what would be abnormal looking muscle.

So the answer is that I wouldn't date a female bodybuilder who uses steroids. But I would date a women who works out and lifts weights... there is a huge difference between the two types of weightlifting. One is obsessive and extreme, the other is healthy and practical.

I agree with this. I've dated quite a few men who were extremely fit/ripped/muscular, and none of them were into women that were as ripped as they were. They wanted a toned, firm body with curves such as a nice round full butt, womanly hips and of course a nice rack. None of them liked super skinny women either, they wanted curves. I asked many men if they liked six packs on a woman and they all said no, it would made them feel like they are with another dude, lol. They also said they would rather have a woman with cellulite instead of rock hard muscles. Good to know I don't have to kill myself in the gym, just do some yoga and walking and some weights, and that's it.
 south_city
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/19/2015 7:43:15 AM
I will repeat what was mentioned in another thread about the same topic. A woman that has a fit or athletic body type with SOME muscle can be very attractive. I'm not attracted to women that look like hard core bodybuilders.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/19/2015 10:05:17 AM
http://www.malebrainatwork.com/2014/11/the-perfect-female-body-vs-perfect-male.html
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2015 11:59:39 AM
Actually, I like a toned tummy on a women. 4 pack perhaps! lol

I am a leg /butt guy so I appreciate the muscles in those areas. But it is about tone NOT size. Don't want size.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2015 5:05:45 PM
OP --

If you want people to know that you are muscular, you might want to post some more accurate pictures.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/22/2015 5:40:17 PM
^^^

This thread will soon be a decade old in a few months.
OP last posted to the Forums more than five years ago.
Updates are probably rather unlikely at this juncture.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2015 7:08:49 AM
You are absolutely right, Eric.

I guess I am really addressing everyone when I say:

The best way for everyone to represent his/her true body type in a profile is to use current pictures that accurately depict the body type. POF users are more likely to judge a persons body type by what they see rather than what they read.
 flirtingwithdisaster55
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/23/2015 10:08:22 AM
OP, I'm not trying to be mean, but you don't appear athletic or muscular -- at least not in the pictures you have posted. And I don't even think "muscular" is an option on POF. You really just look average and that is an option.
 9Pluto
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2015 11:58:29 AM

OP, I'm not trying to be mean, but you don't appear athletic or muscular -- at least not in the pictures you have posted. And I don't even think "muscular" is an option on POF. You really just look average and that is an option.

flirtingwithdisaster, The OP asked a question for discussion. Would you expect her to flex rubbed down in oil? She may just have a naturally thick frame and especially back we can't see. Keep in mind too, you are looking at pictures posted relatively recently for the full body shots - less than 4 years old. The thread was started 10 years ago. A negative for passionate muscular men and women can be what happens when they quit? Will they adjust their diet appropriately? It's hard for most and can undo the health benefits one works so hard to attain.

My thoughts: I've seen women, especially of some body types develop far more stare-worthy muscle than some posters notice. Women's hormonal systems are different, but they're not physically frail or girly-girl as represented popularly. It is superficial to focus on testosterone as if it were the holy grail to making muscles, or write off all major muscle as "taking hormones". Genetics has a role but isn't absolutely necessary to getting naturally musclebound in either gender. There's training, diet, ambition, and local standards, etc.

Big deal what other people call beautiful, especially if she does it for her own well-being, she's more likely a keeper. If the personality is there and the muscles are healthy, I'd be proud of her accomplishment and supportive of her good habits. Same as if she were passionate yogi, a superb writer, an awesome gardener, daring traveler, or a passionate whatever ...
 bamagrl68
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/23/2015 9:24:31 PM
Designingwomen- Don't apologize for how you look, or try to find someone who "accepts" you.
First, accept yourself.
WHen you are confident and comfortable in your own skin, you will feel better about yourself and that is what matters.
Myself, I was raised by my grandparents, my grandfather was a farmer and make us work in the fields, Also, I mostly played with boys growing up, which made me pretty tough, then there is the fact that I have done private duty nursing for 19 years. (lots of lifting)
Being overly muscular is not an issue, but I am VERY strong.
Some men just can't handle it.
But you know what, that is their problem.
I suggest you adopt that attitude.
Even though it is cliche, there really is a lid for every pot, so go find your lid :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Muscular Women--turn on or turn off?