Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how do I tell if a guy wants a relationship or Just a one night stand?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 twilight-twin
Msg: 26
how do I tell if a guy wants a relationship or Just a one night stand?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Wow Wolf, nice stategy and I'd consider it but doesn't that fall under GAME PLAYING???
 Hawk2005
Msg: 27
how do I tell if a guy wants a relationship or Just a one night stand?
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:27:14 PM
Look at his actions instead of listening to his words. Many men become good at telling a woman whatever she wants to hear in order to get her into bed. Some things to look for:

If he wants to have sex, but hasn't yet given you his HOME phone number (not just a cell number) or HOME address, then he just wants a one night stand.

If he brings up sex with you before the first date (no matter how many emails or phone conversations you have had), then he just wants a one night stand.

If he won't share personal information with you - such as where he works, where he lives, who his friends are - then he just wants a one night stand.

If he is pushing you to have sex with him and it is only the first or second date, then he just wants a one night stand.

If he is reluctant to meet your friends or introduce you to his friends, then he just wants a one night stand.

If he tries to get you to drink more alcohol than you want to, then he just wants a one night stand.

If he threatens to end the relationship if you don't have sex with him, then he just wants a one night stand.

If he tries to make you feel guilty for not having sex with him, then he just wants a one night stand.
 designingwoman
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:56:47 PM
Zentral put it perfectly!! He's right on the money. That's why I like to hold off for a long while before the "getting it on" begins. I think it's important to be a relationship well established before that happens. But the anticipating is fun!!
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:01:21 PM
Invite him to stay the night, if he's gone in the morning and there's a fifty on the dresser it's because he took your nightstand.
 meeRi
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:19:12 PM
HOW DOES impotant MASTERBATION WORK???

HELOOO!.... it doesn't!
 foxy628
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:13:27 PM
blondie,

There really isnt a way to figure that out beforehand. My advice? Stop trying to figure out a guys motives or you'll drive yourself bananas! Just do what you feel, always use a condom, and go with the flow baby. Let things develop into whatever they're going to be.

Also, stop caring if they call you or not. Liberate yourself honey. Think of it this way: you wanted to have sex, you fulfilled that desire. If it was good then it was worth your time and it was a great experience. If the sex was awful for some reason then be glad that he doesnt want a relationship with you. It saves you from having to tell him that he's bad in bed. See, there's a bright side to everything! (sorry, that's the wanna-be cheerleader side coming out)

You can try all types of tests, withhold the sex, etc but if a guy doesnt really like you then he's not going to stick around regardless of what you do (or dont do) with him sexually. Pay attention to what you're doing OUTSIDE of the bedroom that may be turning him off before he even has sex with you. I would recommend reading Dr. Phil's book on dating. He gives a lot of great advice.

I believe that women spend too much time worrying about what men think instead of just doing what they want to do. Plus, if you really want an answer to your question - think about the ways that we reject men and why. Men have some reasons and methods of rejection that are similar to ours. It works both ways honey.

Common sense tells us that everyone we meet isnt necessarily going to be right for us. Yet and still we cry over "losing" someone that wasnt right for us in the first place. For some reason we fail to realize that the guy that we're lamenting over just showed us that he was a total jerk! Come on ladies, how silly does that look in hindsight?
 Angel_73
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:24:07 PM
In my experience.. if a guy is asking questions about you and wanting to get to know who you really are.... and not just what your fav position is lol then chances are hes interested in more... and if he actaully remembers things about you its a good sign. If most of the conversations you have with him are sex related then chances are hes only asking those questions to see what hes going to get... or try to get lol
 travisty
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:32:10 PM

Where can I get one of those?

BTW, how does "impotent" masturbation work? (In reference to

I'll never tell

Let's see, flipping open the amateur psychologist tome (book).
Ah yes, most likely he means technique that wastes time as in non-progressive.
But that's an uneducated guess. How about phone him to find out?
 lexus430
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:47:43 PM
well if he ****s you more than one night than it wasn`t a one night stand count them it might be 3
 Bearlookin4Honey
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:55:30 PM
well if a man wants you he will come back as long as you make it clear to him that you want to see him again and at least give him a kiss that sends that message.be honest with a man and tell him your not putting out for anone first time out and that a man must earn your trust.Honesty is the best policy.If a man really wants you you have nothing to worry about because he will hang in there and wait for you.if a man doesnt return your call or come back a second time he is doing you a favor because he is not the right man for you!!!!!
 imabelyver
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:26:01 PM
I think these are good clues that it's more than a one night stand:
- When he pays attention to what you are saying
- When he thinks enough of you to offer his opinion to whatever topic you are talking about.
- If, when he takes you out, he seems proud to be with you.

These are the clues I look for to determine he's probably not going to stick around:
1. When he takes you home if he expects to stick his tongue down your throat, takes a sweet goodnight kiss WAY too far, or ASSUMES that he's coming inside your home when you didn't ask him to, then it's time to say 'good-bye'.
2. Other signs of acute selfishness, like one-sided conversation (as in, he's doing all the talking and cuts you off or looks bored when you say something). Or no conversation, followed with behavior listed in item 1.
3. Making mean and hurtful remarks to you, but later says he was just kidding (if he even acknowledges it at all).

Basically, you have to pay attention, and think - is he just trying to 'close the deal' or is he really trying to get to know you?
I hope this helps!
 spark389
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2006 12:56:09 PM
To blondiegirl05 ; Listen , If a man says that he will call, and dosen't or calls for a couple of days and doesn't call back, it's because he is a player.He would, in his mind,love to make an appointment for sex and forget about all the other bull-shit,like taking you out for dinner,a movie , or whatever,ALL HE WANTS IS SEX!!!. Look nice guys are just that,nice. the time between calls
would seem like eternity to him.A date with a nice guy, would be special.Your not choosing your men wisely.Do you have a female friend who is happy in her relationship,if so,talk to her
she may have some advice to help you when selecting prospective mates.
 sammysalt1
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/10/2006 1:01:48 PM

You can't know unless you have know him awile, and understand him. Thats why jumping in is a bad thing, then again if you don't and he is a good one, someone else will.
 spark389
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:23:36 PM
travisty ; Phones don't suck!!! If I would have been on the phone instead of on-line I won't have spent the better part of a month telling some fag all my sexual fantasies.
 Gage4fun
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:35:13 PM
@*xine*

I couldn't resist looking, and you're right...I thought women were the only ones to do that.

Tracy99203
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:40:10 PM
O.k. guys since were askin, Suppose your x-boyfriend used to do the guy who is interesteds wife while he was outa town called to work. Hes already had you numoruse times before and is still pissed. You met by chance. Hes now divorced and loves the sex with you more than his x-wife. Well you may as well be willing cuz your pissed as well cuz you were also workin while these two were f**king. You experience great pleasure when your together but arnt sure weather hes interested in a relationship or just wants to use u like your x used to use his wife while he was outa town. What do ya think?
 Gage4fun
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/10/2006 3:47:29 PM
^^^^^^^HUH?

Can somebody translate the above for me? I go lost in all the who used whom arrows.
 ~Rick
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2006 11:38:07 AM
I think I don't understand a word you typed...
 radhappygrl
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/11/2006 3:11:09 PM
Ok...I've been single for 14 years (by choice!) I have had a lot of dating and meeting men experiences...I was very naive at first and I was an easy target for heartbreak. I have met a lot of very nice men on the net and none of them were psychos or wanted a one night stand, they just weren't what I was looking for. I will give you some tips to weed them out.

1) Men will ask for your number and not call you because they are probably just trying to rack up the numbers to impress other male friends or win a bet.
2) If they want you to call them and then act like they are too busy...it's because the weren't really interested or they have other girls that they are more interested in or they have low self esteem and it just makes them feel wanted for you to call them and it boosts their ego.

So here's my advise:

1) If there is anything on the profile about sex...I don't talk to them.
2) If the picture is of them TRYING to be sexy...like the shirt/pants unbuttoned, etc...Keyword: trying.
3) As it was mentioned in a couple of other posts on here...When you 1st start talking with someone and the sex topic is brought up before you even know the person...that's all they are after...hit the close button and put them on your block/ignore list!
4) Again this was mentioned before...If a guy is really interested in you, he will ask questions about you and give you information about him...It's a genuine conversation of wanting to know you.

You just have to accept that things happen for a reason and if he doesn't call you, then it's not meant to be and don't even give it another thought. I have been waiting for 14 years now for the right one to come along and I know it will happen one day. I am just not willing to settle for the wrong guy. In your 30's it's a lot harder to find any available decent ones that you have a mutual attraction with, in your 20's the guys still want to play around...be patient and it will work out sooner for some and later for others, like me...LOL
 OneUniqueCaLady
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/11/2006 4:50:58 PM
I totally agree with Mojo........for we should all feel we are worth the wait... There are no guarantee's after having a one night stand that he is the one..... Thank goodness, I'm not into the one night stands, so I don't have that worry..............lol Altho, doesn't mean that if you wait, that he's not gonna disappear once you give it up to him.........
 bambi75
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:05:00 PM
Well usually you can tell if he asks for another date without trying to get in your pants after the first night?
 dalaurya
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:07:32 PM
upfront, he's smothering you with comments on your looks instead of asking you straightforward questions, immediately he asks you how far away you are from his city, and wants to know when you can get together in the first email
 josephg
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:14:23 PM
EASY! ARE YOUR CLOTHES STILL ON

JOE

imabelyver
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/12/2006 2:45:15 AM
What Tracy is saying (and correct me if I'm wrong chickie) If the guy you were seeing was married, and he dumped his wife to be with you...how do you know he's not screwing someone else now that he's with you? I think that's what Tracy meant. My answer to that...you can almost BET your last dollar he's getting some BOOTY on the side, cause that's what he's all about! He'll TRY to be faithful, but will fail. WHY? Because being FAITHFUL takes PRACTICE. Plus, he's already blown it once when he was married, remember? It's so easy to FALL OFF THE WAGON when you've already done it...this is true of everything from chocolate cake, carbs, alcohol, you name it. If we've DONE it , and we LIKE it, it's HARD TO STOP.
 Tracy99203
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:33:36 PM
Never mind. I got my answer. What I meant was say the wife wasnt faithful. I think this man is completely capable of being in a stable well rounded relationship. I think gainin trust is going to be the big factor
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how do I tell if a guy wants a relationship or Just a one night stand?