Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > cut and pasters      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cayote 136
Msg: 57
cut and pastersPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
So what's a little JUNK MAIL ! Ad that's what it is JUNK MAIL! It's bad enought that they can't show any creatitvy but having to cut and paste is the end. Maybe they have so many favorites it must be hard to keep all this in some kind of order, or otherwise you have to remember everything somebody else has already said about someone.. What a crop of crap ! It is all about Ego or trading BB cards when you where a kid. Or copying someones home work ! Really maybe they are so sky they can't come up with anyhing original to say. Who knows........
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 58
cut and pasters
Posted: 11/11/2007 10:54:00 AM
"Hi! I don't think enough of you or your profile to send you anything other than this generic note that I've already sent to 100's of other people, but you should feel privileged that I took the 3 seconds to copy/paste it to you and respond to me with something of value.
Sincerely,
Douchie McBag"

If not, please feel free to cut and paste that to your next un-unique contact. I'm sure your candor would be much more appreciated than your lack of originality.

OMG!! that's PERFECT! I recently received what I thought was a very nice email from someone - it seemed personal and went on to describe how sincere and not into games, etc. etc. but right in the middle he used someone else's name!!

I wrote back and made the suggestion that if he needed to cut & paste an email he should at least proof read it and change the name!

He sent TWO emails of apologies.... ummmm... D E L E T E !!!!

Sincerely, Douchie McBag - Priceless!!!
 oldsoul
Msg: 61
cut and pasters
Posted: 11/25/2007 9:41:48 PM
When I first joined this site, I answered each and everyone of my emails, it didn't matter if I thought it was a cut and paste or not. I just thought it was the nice and polite thing to do. Now if I think it's a cut and paste, I just read/delete them immediately, or let them rot in my inbox until the system auto deletes them on it's own.

I have a couple of them sitting in my inbox right now which look like they might be cut and paste emails, but I'm not 100% sure that they are... but they're as boring and as uninspired as a cut and paste would be ....which means that I won't bother to get inspired to send them a reply neither.

kathareeene
Msg: 62
ATTENTION
Posted: 11/27/2007 12:56:43 PM
the MAJORITY of the time cut and pasters r NIGERIAN SCAMMERS they are literally at 'work' and thats how theyre told to do it so watch out for em i ve met a million in here i write back 'sorry no Nigerian scam for me today' and i NEVA HEARback so if i was wrong i THINK the guy would write back insulted but neva happens they just disappear onto the net to snag the next victim truth
kathi
 kathareeene
Msg: 63
cut and pasters
Posted: 11/27/2007 12:58:23 PM
xeno o7 is rite
u waste ur words and life story on fools that just dwindle away whateva keep it short n sweet n ur not lettin urself get ur time wasted after all ID RATHER WASTE MY TIME IN FORUMS t hehe kathi
 cookinggal111
Msg: 66
cut and pasters
Posted: 11/27/2007 2:25:09 PM
Cut and paste doesn't bother me if there is something in the email that clearly showed that he read my profile. A few times I have emailed men 2-3 with very similiar profiles. I would use cut/paste. But before I sent the email, I would add/change a few things to include something that applies to the man that I was about to email, but not the other men. I can understand how a man can get frustuated when he sends out a bunch of well written emails and get very few responses.
 Cutepid
Msg: 67
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/15/2012 11:46:57 PM
Too many women want to be up on that pedestal, expecting a long thoughtful well written letter to stroke their ego, but in reality most men are just trying to connect to them to see if you are interested without you planning a marriage, two kids and meeting the parents. So whether it be a woman or a man let's face it, that person will look at your profile first and if they see nothing they are interested in that doesn't fit their fantasy of the "perfect partner" they are going to click the delete button without reading the e-mail that was sent. What it comes down to is they sent an e-mail, therefore you ALREADY know they are interested in you so if you send a response...that's when you can expect an actual letter.
 daysleeper5
Msg: 68
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/16/2012 12:28:41 AM
For the record, I write personalized messages every single time and I have a horrible response rate as anyone else. When it comes down to it, if your picture and profile don't match up to the person's preferences, it really won't make a difference what you put in the message. Besides, women are plenty guilty enough of sending out one-word messages ("Hi") and those are the worst of all since it shows little to no effort.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 69
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:23:31 AM
Check out my profile ladies I included a letter I wrote to a pretty lady....my inbox starting filling up with many thank you's..."chuckle"....
 tcsnmarlinfisher
Msg: 70
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/16/2012 9:34:42 AM
Okay guys lets be real for one second. Online dating for men is much different then it is for women. Women put up a profile and some pics and sit back and wait for mail. We have to go actually initiate the contact with people. Statistics show only 10% of emails sent by the average man on a singles site get a response. Next time you are out with a guy online ask him how many emails he had to send out to women on the site before he got your reply. If he is honest I bet it will be more then 20.

I do cut and past but its only a conversation starter. Yes I read profiles but most of them sound the same to be honest. how someone carries themselves in conversation, their sense of humor and intelligence can't be captured in a profile. And saying you are these things doesn't make it true.

Here is my cut and paste.

"After a rigorously brief overview of your profile, I wanted to let you know I have already married and divorced you in my mind.

Thanks for all the wonderful imaginary memories... you will always have a special place in my heart.

your ex-hubby,

Jason

ps. You can keep the house in Hawaii but, I am going to need half our money according to our prenup."
 CanIMakeULaugh
Msg: 71
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/16/2012 9:49:56 AM

For the record, I write personalized messages every single time and I have a horrible response rate as anyone else.

Precisely why so many of us don't even bother writing anything substantial when you are just going to be dumped into the delete pile anyway.

Besides, women are plenty guilty enough of sending out one-word messages ("Hi") and those are the worst of all since it shows little to no effort.

Since I returned to the site a few weeks ago, I have had probably about 25 women initiate the contact with me (which is a good thing because nobody I ever write to first ever responds) and I would say about 1/3 of them either wrote "hi", "good morning" or "how r u". I guess their reasoning is that, as a man, I must be so hard up for emails that I will take anything I can get. In most cases their profiles were barely any better and said absolutely nothing of value or substance.

The bottom line is that both genders need to step up their game and I feel a lot of women are hypocritical and are guilty of the very same behaviors they detest in others. This seems to be increasing in frequency over time and is a reflection of societal norms in general - it definitely was not this much of an issue 5 years ago.
 blueeyes2410
Msg: 72
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/16/2012 10:36:32 AM
tcsnmarlinfisher, lol thats so funny I got nearly that same exact copy and paste message once!! I didnt respond though, I don't respond to copy and paste or anything weird. I like people who take interest in my hobbies, think I'm smart, like the type of person I am. and try to actually start a conversation and ask questions. Also, I don't think men do all the work, I've come across men who brag how they dont have time to respond to their messages, ane one guy actually had a pic of his computer screen showing he had 88 messages (ugh now that's just c ocky lol). I always read profiles and if I send out a message I actually put thought into it. It doesn't need to be a novel, but one ortwo good sentences.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 73
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/16/2012 4:56:46 PM
Anyone have any good cut n paste first messages to ladies?

All of this "read the profile" stuff is for the birds, it doesnt work.

Random_geek_01
Msg: 74
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:01:25 PM
I got a message once that simply said "date me." Makes me wonder how many guys got that same message!

I've also gotten sex messages as well lol. Yes, a WOMAN sent me a sex message!
 tcsnmarlinfisher
Msg: 75
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 8:51:26 AM
blueeyes2410, I wouldn't doubt you got that one. i never said it was original to me it just gets the most replies I've found. Did you not respond because it was a cut and paste or because you were interested in the guy? Weird or funny? So you like people to think your smart but they can only see that getting to know you.

I think people are too hung up on what happens on the dating site and not enough on what happens outside it. Remember this is just the start. And some people don't write well but might be the guy you are looking for in real life. How would you know it? The whole be yourself is a phrase Disney invented. Especially when it comes to guys who aren't good at chat or online dating.

So many people get over looked because they get disqualified too quickly. What do you think a cut paste really says about the person? You think they are going to cut and paste your Valentine Cards? Or flowers?

Does this mean if you meet a good looking guy in a bar and he opens the conversation with a cheesy pick up line yo have heard before you aren't going to talk to him?
 rockondon
Msg: 76
view profile
History
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 10:26:24 AM
I always read their profile before I message a person and talk about something I found there.
But if she has one of those profiles that basically say nothing (and often have "if you want to know more, just ask! at the end of it) then its hard to make your message sound like anything but a cut and paste.
 _Full_of_Awesome_
Msg: 77
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 10:31:19 AM
I always use a form letter to the ladies that starts off "To Whom It May Concern." It saves a lot of time. :-)
 JamesWilliam0775
Msg: 78
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:08:44 AM
Yes I usually say hello or how are you because that is very nice and respectable. Some woman on here find that to be not orignal but if I call them baby or sexy that is better. If I say I am interested in getting to know you just send a message back saying not interested or looking else where. I find woman who say that are nicer and more understanding of what they are looking for.
 blueeyes2410
Msg: 79
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 11:46:35 AM

blueeyes2410, I wouldn't doubt you got that one. i never said it was original to me it just gets the most replies I've found. Did you not respond because it was a cut and paste or because you were interested in the guy? Weird or funny? So you like people to think your smart but they can only see that getting to know you.

I think people are too hung up on what happens on the dating site and not enough on what happens outside it. Remember this is just the start. And some people don't write well but might be the guy you are looking for in real life. How would you know it? The whole be yourself is a phrase Disney invented. Especially when it comes to guys who aren't good at chat or online dating.

So many people get over looked because they get disqualified too quickly. What do you think a cut paste really says about the person? You think they are going to cut and paste your Valentine Cards? Or flowers?

Does this mean if you meet a good looking guy in a bar and he opens the conversation with a cheesy pick up line yo have heard before you aren't going to talk to him?

I don't remember why I didnt respond, I know he was a model but something else must have turned me off.

To me, cut and paste = I am sending this to 100 girls because I just want a response, ANY response. I couldn't care to read her profile or to try to start a good conversation. The pics look decent so I'll just throw something out at her. I'm not going to waste time on this girl, I don't think she's good enough to actually write something to her. I just want a damn date this weekend.

I prefer quality over quantity. It's not about sending out mass e-mails. That doesn't make it special. I want to know why you are writing to me. You want my to get my attention? Tell me that you appreciate a hard working girl with an advanced degree. I get 100s of copy and paste, I get 100s of "nice smile", I get 100s of "hi"s. Make a better impression than that. There is tough competition on here.
I DO send out messages, by the way. First of all I usually go through 10 pages in the search results before I find one I like. I read the profile, MAKE SURE we have enough in common (I respect people's preferences), send out a message that is thoughtful and shows I read the profile. I get a lot of mail, so I usually don't send out messages. But once in a while when I get bored and don't like anyone who messaged me, I'll send out a message. And I get a good response rate of 50%. And I don't care how good the profile is, if the message sucks I'm not going to answer. It may be different for me because I'm looking for a LTR, so I want someone who is serious about me. I hate the "hey sexy here's my number.", or cut and paste. I don't want to feel like just a number. Honestly, the men who take the time to write, in my experience, are just more serious about me. I'm not here for casual dating. I would rather get one nice good e-mail instead of 100 copy and paste e-mails.

Some people don't write well? What's so hard to send a message like "Hey! It looks like we have a lot on common and I'd like to get to know you more. You studied psychology? That's awesome, congrats on your MA degree. What is your favorite area of psychology?". Not hard. NO ONE is saying to write a novel. Short yet meaningful. If you don't have anything more to say, like if you think I'm a boring person and nothing in my profile interests you besides the pic, then don't message me.

This is different than real life dating. You have a bunch of info about me, so you can say more than hi. And yes I hate to say it but it is easier to ignore people on here compared to real life. But it also depends how I get approached in real life. Car honking and whistling? That gets ignored by me in real life. "Hey sexy!" comments in real life? I ignore those too. Cheesy pick up lines??? Ugh.... noo. Just approach me like a gentleman. Maybe I'm old fashioned, I don't know. But in real life you don't know anything about me, so I can see just saying a hi or finding some excuse to talk to me.

Maybe I'm different, I don't know... I've had people tell me my approach is different or whatever so maybe I shouldn't be posting here. I guess I'm old fashioned and like quality over quantity. Of course pictures are important, but to attract someone you also need to grab their attention in other ways too.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 80
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 1:35:50 PM

Just approach me like a gentleman. Maybe I'm old fashioned, I don't know. But in real life you don't know anything about me, so I can see just saying a hi or finding some excuse to talk to me.

Maybe I'm different, I don't know... I've had people tell me my approach is different or whatever so maybe I shouldn't be posting here. I guess I'm old fashioned and like quality over quantity. Of course pictures are important, but to attract someone you also need to grab their attention in other ways too.

agreed, i don't know where these men get their agenda from, maybe they all read the same pick up artist book!
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 81
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 1:54:43 PM

To me, cut and paste = I am sending this to 100 girls because I just want a response, ANY response. I couldn't care to read her profile or to try to start a good conversation. The pics look decent so I'll just throw something out at her. I'm not going to waste time on this girl, I don't think she's good enough to actually write something to her. I just want a damn date this weekend.

Yup; that's the one.

So anyways; got any good templates?

I prefer quality over quantity

Unless you actually meet, and get a date, you will never know who is quality and who is not.

("obviously"; I would hope)
 TantricJedi
Msg: 82
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 2:03:57 PM
I wish there was an option to post an application on your profile for interested individuals to fill out.

Please state:

Contents of your medical cabinet

FICO score

Current and anticipated future debt

I'll get back to you if you pass my litmus test.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 83
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 2:56:15 PM
I think this one works.

So; have you found any smashing young men to date of yet?

What do you think of my ad?

I think we may have some things in common, so that we could both enjoy oursleves.

Check out my novel, and let me know your thoughts.

Maybe you can join my Facebook or something; if you need further convincing, before sharing a drink or bite to eat.

I'm easy to get along with; promise.

Cheers:

Good?
 grove_22
Msg: 84
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 6:03:58 PM

A few times I have emailed men 2-3 with very similiar profiles. I would use cut/paste. But before I sent the email, I would add/change a few things to include something that applies to the man that I was about to email, but not the other men. I can understand how a man can get frustuated when he sends out a bunch of well written emails and get very few responses.

I have done this when emailing women in the past. Having said that, I think many men use cut & paste emails because most of the time, they didn't get a positive reply when they wrote longer emails that referenced some things on a woman's profile. They also noticed the content of their email had little impact on their positive reply rate.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 85
cut and pasters
Posted: 8/17/2012 7:03:44 PM
blueyes2410:

"I get a lot of mail, so I don't usually send out messages. But once in a while when I get bored and don't like anyone who messaged me, I'll send out a message."

That's real attractive. I don't think I'd want some chick messaging me just because she's bored, even one who has gone out of her way to tell me that she has an advanced degree.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > cut and pasters