Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 84
do teeth matter?Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I've HEARD dating a toothless woman CAN be um...."interesting".
 itzonlyluv
Msg: 85
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 11/14/2006 11:01:35 PM
I hate to say it but yeah, teeth matter. I recently went out w/ someone who was missing a tooth. I was quite taken back at first, as it was the last thing I was expecting. He said he was going to get an implant but that didn't happen. Its a shame because this guy is cuter than the****ns, but thinks the missing tooth isn't noticeable. When it is something that is fixable, I think people should do it.
 *buzz*
Msg: 88
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 11/15/2006 1:38:11 AM
^^^^ that's when the lights go off

justmeinnc05
Msg: 93
do teeth matter?
Posted: 11/15/2006 7:21:22 PM
I agree with some that a nice smile is one of the first things I notice in a man, but even if his teeth are perfect, I think it looks a bit odd to smile and somehow manage to show all of your teeth.

Also some made it sound more like they were buying a car than talking about someone they might consider dating.
 crazychristy266
Msg: 96
do teeth matter?
Posted: 11/16/2006 4:22:32 AM
ewwwwwwwww!!!!! that would be just gross. i mean hell id rather see dentures!!
 cedar77
Msg: 100
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/19/2007 12:46:38 PM
would you go out with a guy who seemed nice, but then when he smiled you saw that the whole top of his teeth were black and yellow and rotting? would that be a deal breaker for you, even if looks didn't matter?

OMG.....Never mind having rotten choppers ....Having a bit of lettuce stuck on your tooth would be a deal breaker for many ....jeessh!
Let's not kid ourselves ....Looks matter to pretty much everyone .
 Fry Lock
Msg: 104
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/19/2007 1:45:55 PM
you tell em mr parts; I was the poster child for meth mouth 15 or so years ago; it took a long time and a lot of money, but at least I HAVE teeth now; so yeah they aren't perfect, far from it, but you shoulda seen em BEFORE I got em fixed...

Fry
 tick tock
Msg: 109
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/19/2007 7:53:33 PM
Haven't read the other responses, but I can completely relate to what you're saying. There is something about rotting teeth that revolts me. It's funny how you form an image of what constitutes a potential partner as you're going through the dating process and then how easily it can be tarnished by a simple glimpse of their decaying teeth.
 Buh-Bye!
Msg: 110
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/19/2007 7:57:30 PM
Teeth don't matter -- at least not in my case.
 tick tock
Msg: 111
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/19/2007 8:00:08 PM
^ You blow girl, you blow! (....ummm...I meant go)
 Sanschele
Msg: 114
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/19/2007 10:28:52 PM
I live in Florida and I swear...my cat's have more healthy teeth in their heads than any man than I've dated down here. WTF??

Every man I've ever dated in Florida was missing a "tooth" down here..what the hell?? If my 4 cat's can keep their 32 teeth intact, including their canines, why the hell can't a man afford a crown or a veneer?? I just don't get it.

My teeth are straight and white and I take excellent care of them..I would expect the same from my partner.

Sans
 Sanschele
Msg: 117
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/19/2007 10:37:43 PM
^^^same here, smart blonde..I have a "tooth fetish" I suppose....I just can't tolerate a male or female that doesn't take exceptional care of their teeth.

Sans
 scorpiomover
Msg: 119
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/20/2007 3:32:48 AM
The nicest teeth I ever saw was when some Indians came to stay in my house as flat-mates for about a week. They came from Calcutta, and although they were very nice people, they couldn't speak a word of English, except for the 75-year old, and had very different bathroom practices. But they did have perfect pearly white teeth.

But today, it's all about the outside, not the inside. Lots of people will turn down a person with imperfect teeth, and yet expect everyone to sympathise with them and blame the other person when their date's personality turns out to be imperfect instead of their teeth.
"You can't eat your cake, and have it too."
 tchofclas
Msg: 127
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/20/2007 12:45:06 PM
I can't picture myself with someone with rotten teeth, but have dated someone with missing teeth. He looked after the ones he had, and was a real sweetheart besides. Had I judged him on his smile, it would have been me who missed out.
 Calmwaters/Wildcurrent
Msg: 142
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/30/2007 11:09:57 PM
Do teeth matter? In a word, "YES!"
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 148
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/31/2007 7:22:18 AM

of course removal of dentures and oral sex could be interesting. If I was a pervert.

Gosh, this reminds me of a story a friend told me a few years back.

He was at a bar--waiting for a friend--when two hookers walk in. The sat close-by and were in deep discussion about their latest activities, LOL. One girl, was highly distraught as her last john had trouble with his...*ahem*... erection. She stated, "I did everthing I could to get him hard. I even took out my teeth, but that didn't work either. My friend nearly spat out a mouthful of beer and muttered to himself, "no wonder."
 averageblonde222
Msg: 149
do teeth matter?
Posted: 10/31/2007 7:58:20 AM
Yes it does. I don't want to kiss someone who has poor dental hygiene.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 157
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 11/18/2007 6:11:18 AM
They help for chewing. Oh, and white teeth make for a nice smile. I've seen a lot of pearly white smiles on people who come from undeveloped countries, like India. Maybe it would be easier to have a relationship with someone like that?
 Jebby16
Msg: 169
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 12/6/2007 2:42:43 AM
FlyingV,
You forgot porch swingin, Skoal dippin, bowl haircut looking, straw gnawin, suspender wearin, cousin datin, whiskey drinkin, front yard neglectin, redneck.

nocalsingledad
Msg: 170
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 12/6/2007 8:14:02 AM
I can deal with crooked because that is how one is born, usually. Most people don't naturally have perfectly straight teeth, that's just a display of wealth. I can also deal with some discoloration from years of coffee, antibiotics, etc. Again, perfectly straight, perfectly white teeth on someone over 40 is generally more of a display of wealth than any indicator of oral hygiene.

I can not deal, however, with obvious neglect, decay, and breath that can knock over a freight train.
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 173
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 12/6/2007 9:28:06 AM
"Most people have the childhood capacity to develop straight teeth. Just stack the odds in your kids' favor by teaching them proper dental care at a young age!"

Well, crooked teeth seem to be something genetic with my family on my mother's side. It isn't a matter of hygiene, we all brush, but that family all has crooked bottom teeth. They also had rather weak teeth as far as the enamel goes and my mother's entire family of siblings (even the one with the PhD who is a chemical researcher for a huge multinational corporation) had some serious damage due to decay by the time they were out of high school. Having children, living on well water and growing up in the age before fluoride's impact on tooth enamel was discovered didn't help either. But times are different now.

Still, my daughter never once had a baby tooth pulled before its time, they all fell out when ready. Her bottom teeth are pretty much like mine and her grandmother's and her great grandmother's. They are coming in crooked. It isn't a matter of neglect, it is a matter of genetics.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 174
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 12/6/2007 9:56:17 AM
he's right, you know; my oldest and youngest had teeth that they could have "eaten corn thru a picket fence with" (my mother's analogy, creative old bird, wasn't she?) from my side of the family, braces, the whole bit.

My middle daughter got her dad's teeth; perfectly straight and as white as can be (NOT fair)

A lot of it IS genetics, but there IS a maintenence factor there.

Oh, by the way, I just lost a filling, went to my dentist (im in an HMO, would have been better off just going to the local bar and asking the first boozy I saw to do it) she filled my tooth with NO anesthetic; no advil, no gas, no novacain, NOTHING. She pulled a molar last year with the same technique, thank GOD I'm moving so I can change HMO's now. she is the ONLY dentist that takes my insurance in my county, and I HAVE to use the providers that my insurance says, I mean, I'm a single mom trying to pay for a house, two kids, a car, you get the picture, there's no "extra" money for cosmetic dentistry. I'm lucky to have the insurance I have, as I make to much money to qualify for state aid.

And folks wonder why everyone is afraid of the dentist.

Fry
 fancynanci
Msg: 178
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 12/6/2007 1:05:54 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss TEETH DO MATTER!!!!!
 *buzz*
Msg: 179
view profile
History
do teeth matter?
Posted: 12/6/2007 1:50:12 PM
Yes, they do. And even bad breath could indicate problems with teeth.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >