Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fishernick
Msg: 101
view profile
History
most heated rivalry in sports?Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
i dont have to be a god to know the boston red sox would beat any team from anywhere around the world. its basic common sense only someone with the name pedro would argue that. i dont know why you choose to throw in military power into this debate but thats a whole different subject that you also no nothing about. remember WW two ungrateful euro. try to keep it to one ridiculous claim per post its hard to keep up with all your nonsense
 fishernick
Msg: 102
view profile
History
most heated rivalry in sports?
Posted: 12/11/2007 12:13:38 PM
just because a team has the best players does make them better you fool. its basic logic pedro. is that such an impossibly complicated concept for you to fathom? another aspect of baseball that would make it nearly impossible for an outside source to defeat a MLB team is because baseball is played in series typically and traditionally. not the one and done miracle you believe could happen but wont. you really are ignorant to the 9th degree. you dont understand baseball even in the slightest aspect. MLB is the king of baseball. there are no princes or queens or anyone else in the royal family. MLB is the only royalty in baseball. everyone else that plays baseball dreams of being in the MLB but they dont have the talent to be there. newsflash pedro we are all african pedro. my ancestry has native american and european ties. my european ancestors left that crap hole came to america then kicked your sorry butts out. i am american as you well know why would you say something as stupid as we are all european your the joke. give up on your baseball rants, you are so blinded by your ignorance that you cant see how wrong you are. im not preaching about soccer am i, no. if i was i would sound like a fool because i know nothing about it, but you insist on telling me all about baseball and can even judge the level of talent worldwide. where did you aquire such expertise on the subject. i played baseball for ten years and have been a fan for 25 +. i watch all differant levels of baseball worldwide. please just shut your mouth. GOD BLESS THE WORLD SERIES
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:15:27 PM
Fishernick, I've agreed with most of your posts regarding baseball. MLB has the best players from all over the world, that cannot be denied by anyone. I do however, disagree that Europe is a crap hole. I don't think you really feel this way, it was probably you being upset with some of the irrational posts by some of the Europeans that made you say that. Again I do agree that MLB's world series deserves to be called "WORLD SERIES" because the best players from the WORLD play in MLB. I'm not sure why some people here are having a hard time grasping this. It really is NOT that difficult.
 fishernick
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:31:53 PM
wow franky and pedro, you make europe proud with your insigtful defense of something you know nothing about. get a clue wankers. THE SKILL LEVEL IS NOT BESIDE THE POINT. the skill level is the absolute point. MLB is the best of the best, the cream of the crop. no other leagues worlwide come even close. they have no competition because all the competition is in MLB. therefore when the best players in the world compete for a season and determine a champion, they can rightfully be called world champions of baseball. i rest my case boys. please try to absorb this information in this post this time. i would suggest reading it a few times to completely grasp the meaning of my words. i realize up til now it has totally escaped you and almost certainly this is another waste of time.
 fishernick
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2007 6:47:48 PM
please refer to previous post for response and all future responses. you will find it contains an explanation for all your intriging ways of saying its only north america. thank you and good night
 fishernick
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 12:37:25 PM
im talking baseball euro trash. im not talking about bush, binladen, susan sarandon or david beckam or when our drinking age is. WTF does that have to do with anything i am talking about. there is a world wide baseball authority you fools its called the MLB. i wish i had some north american support. all you euros talking nonsense and thinking you are right, how repetitively sickening. luckily i can easily handle you my self because you dont have a shred of merit to any of your arguments. pedro you got pretty animated in your last post losing control a little bit along with your fellow euros. dont you have something intelligent to say instead of flipping out. no matter how angry you get over the internet big guy, you still make no sense. heres your latest argument against the world series, binladen had nothing to do with 11-9 well i think it should be called the world series because the only reason we helped free kuwait was because of oil interest.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 3:38:45 PM
fishernick you have my North American support. I agree that MLB is the best baseball in the WORLD. The problem is the teams are 29 American and 1 Canadian, if there are no European teams, they think they aren't represented and shouldn't be called world series. I don't know off hand any European players in MLB, but there are many from Cuba, Japan, Dominican and Canada and I'm sure many I haven't mentioned. The MLB represents the best baseball players of the world but because no Europeans are involved they feel it shouldn't be called World Series. This is wrong. Why does this upset Europeans when most probably never even heard of the world series of baseball.
 AvidArteest
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/12/2007 5:00:30 PM
What a waste of electrons this thread is...
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 6:53:34 AM
Frankster you said "who says Europeans care" I say you must because you continue to argue this topic to death. It's NOT just another case of Americans being full of themselves. I can be objective because I'm not American. World Champs with 2 countries and with the best players from the WHOLE WORLD is correct and to quote you "real smart".
 fishernick
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:22:27 AM
what about the world series of poker or the world series of pool, both of these competitions take place on only one continent and they crown the world champion. they are also the most highly respected competitions in there fields. and euros have won these comps before
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:28:19 AM
I agree with Eman. If a team from Germany or Spain or from wherever want to call themselves the Universe Champions of Soccer, I doubt anyone in America would bat an eye.

It's 2007, time to get over any inferiority/superiority complexes.

The Rolling Stones used to and still do use the term "The Greatest Rock And Roll Band In The World"

Think anyone cares that maybe there were no rock bands from Haiti or Belgium?

When the term "World Series" was coined, the world was alot different. Alot more isolated. Back then people in Europe did'nt know what Americans were doing or not doing and vice-versa

Each country was its own world. Hence the term was coined. Its a tradition now, and its not going to change nor should it change because a person from wherever gets butt-hurt about it.
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 8:45:45 AM
They are the best players in the world. Theres no doubt about it.

It might not be Kum-Ba-YA or geo-politically correct to say it, but it's the truth.

As far as the Japanese players being allowed to play here. The best do play in MLB. And theres more coming every year. If they are good enough, they'll be in the Majors.

Simple as that.

Talent knows no boundaries and there are scouts looking for the best talent worldwide. Its not their fault because Sweden or Norway are not hotbeds for baseball players and Mexico and The Dominican are.

ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 9:02:53 AM
Frankster there is no discrimination in MLB or most professional sports. If you can play, the team will be glad to have you. At one time 90% of the MLB was American, now with more Japanese, Cubans, Canadians etc it's more like 75%. I'm sure if more Europeans took up the sport of baseball there may be some Europeans who make the majors just like the NHL and NBA where many of the teams roster are form Europe.
 fishernick
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 12:45:42 PM
pedro your ignorance rivals the greatest of all time. americans invented baseball for one thing so that does give us a certain authority. give it up pedro. move on. how many times can you repeat the same thing over and over and still believe it is going to have a different effect. your last post and your first are virtually identical. your american jealousy blinds you to make a rational decision. i have been talking MLB since the beginning. I understand all the words in all of your sentences and i wholeheartedly disagree. got it pedro. i understand your deluded thoughts on baseball. i understand that you dont understand baseball in the slightest. i understand that you hate america. i understand that you and frank will never allow yourselves to think about my argument objectively. got it. do you have anything new to contribute to this discussion? no you dont because you have been saying the same thing over and over. readers of this post please watch for the replys as they repeat themselves once again and believe they have a different point. you guys are entertaining though. i never saw someone beat a dead horse for so long. there is nothing left of the horse you are beating yourselves now
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 12:58:31 PM
To correct you Pedro MLB has two leagues (National and American) and the winner of each league plays for the World Series.
You would be happy the way the NHL had their All Star game. The best of the North Americans play against the best of World. It's not quite fair because there are more European countries than North America. Canada and USA represented North America and World was represented by Russia, Sweden, Finland, Chech Republic. They had a skills competition and then a game. The World usually won the skills competition and the North Americans usually won the game. They don't use this format anymore now it's East vs West. I think the NHL didn't want it to be like the Olympics. Personally I liked it and being from Canada I liked that we won most of the time.
 fishernick
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 1:11:15 PM
baseball was invented in cooperstown. thats what i acknowledge. you think you are wise because of google, get a clue. there are other arguments for the beginnings of baseball (is nothing undisputed in this world) when it comes to baseball i know what im talking about and you do not. i havent googled anything about baseball for this whole "debate" (which i use the term loosely because its supposed to be two sided) repeat yourself some more parot man, pat yourself on the back some more for dominating a baseball subject with your vast knowledge and experience. dont you have something better to do than argue baseball. how many hours have you spent watching baseball in your life?
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 1:33:19 PM
Fishernick I couldn't agree more My favourite sport is hockey with baseball a close second. I have followed baseball since 1977 when the Toronto Blue Jays were formed. I still don't know why people try to post on subjects where they are uninformed. It would be like me posting how terrible the game cricket is. I could say it sounds like an insect and is boring, but I don't know that because I've never played or watched an entire game. I feel there are too many replies by uninformed people.

I have watched and played soccer and find it boring, but I admit I probably havn't given it a chance and me posting on it may offend some and rightfully so because my comments aren't valid because my knowledge of this game is poor. It must be an aquired taste that I haven't got. It must be a wonderful game because most countries do play it. Anyway to those who don't know a sport well please don't comment unless you're trying to learn about it.

Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2007 11:19:04 PM
In case you have heard, theres alot of athletes on the roids and stimulants and everything else.

Baseball did'nt invent drug taking amongst athletes and they're not the only ones who are doing it.

Baseball, Football, Soccer, Hockey, Basketball, Professional Sports, Amateur Sports etc...etc....etc...

Wherever theres money to be made or glory to be had, there are people trying to gain an advantage anyway they can.
 fishernick
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 7:33:04 AM
basically the same message as paddy o but a little more clear. atletes in every sport are taking performance drugs. that includes soccer a.k.a. football. I realize you dont have much to say about anything so you resort to cheap shots.
 fishernick
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 11:14:53 AM
you said it all pedro. you know nothing about baseball, you never watched a game. so how can you judge the level of talent. for the umptenth time there are no other leagues or teams for them to compete with. MLB has no competition. all the best players in the world play MLB. europe invented baseball. what a crazy statement. well did you know america invented soccer and rugby and cricket and drinking. i dont care about the nhl, go away. please in your future pointless rants dont use terms like okay and got it or do you see because i wont ever agree with you because you are absolutley wrong
 fishernick
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 11:33:23 AM
who believes that crap, baseball is believed to have come from the english game rounders. i never even heard that before, i have heard other claims which have more legitimacy. so what happened to baseball in europe then they invented it and then it dissappeared. how high on yourself are you two. i know in my previous posts i have said some stupid things about europe which i apologize for. from interacting with the two fools on this post who are from europe i got a little frustrated. america has idiots and so does europe. you are making all europeans look bad with your endless stupidity.
 fishernick
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 11:43:42 AM
no false pretense here buddy. my confidence is real and warranted. i dont care what wikipedia says. you have a serious problem if you take everything for fact that you see on the internet. i grew up around baseball its part of my culture and tradition. you know nothing except what you google. so go do some research and try to one up me again. if you have to research it you shouldnt be talking about it.
 fishernick
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 12:05:20 PM
READ POST 193 IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. only certain europeans will have trouble understanding it
 fishernick
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 12:13:33 PM
READ POST 193 IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING. only certain europeans will have trouble understanding it
 fishernick
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 12:29:18 PM
READ POST 193 IT EXPLAINS EVERTHING. only certain europeans will have trouble understanding it
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >