Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fishernick
Msg: 162
view profile
History
most heated rivalry in sports?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
churp, churp what official teams are you talking about? rounders theory is the one most talked about, wrong. cooperstown is the most widely believed theory. silly euro, churp, churp
 fishernick
Msg: 163
view profile
History
most heated rivalry in sports?
Posted: 12/17/2007 12:55:37 PM
thanks for the compliments euro. once again what are these other teams you speak of?
 fishernick
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 1:15:44 PM
no euro i dont understand for the hundreth time. you thought that sentence was such a gem of clarity i should have. keep trying as i know you will. three days without oxygen and i still manage to type, amazing. in japan they have two leagues, the central and pacific. this is where players go when they cant make the MLBs. the competition is not even close people from japan will tell you this. this is the closest thing to competition that MLB has. the talent pool gets more diluted after that. so again i ask you where is the competition. what teams should we be playing to establish "true world championship " status in your eyes. im waiting for an intelligent response. your putdowns are amusing however. churp, churp
 fishernick
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 1:27:21 PM
i am never going to understand it pedro. i get your concept and disagree with it completely. the best players from all around the world have everything to do with it. you are hung up on the geograpy and cant fathom that the players are not only american. please save your football analogies for someone else soccer is nothing like baseball. there are far too many leagues in soccer all over the world the talent is spread all over the place. it is not so clearly contained in one league as it is in baseball. churp, churp euros
 vladtepes97
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 8:44:11 PM
i'm curious about what the participants in this argument hope to achieve. is it to have the other side suddenly post something like "my goodness! you're right! i've been following it wrong all these years! how could i have been so stupid?!!" the behaviour is beginning to resemble a little girl screaming about losing in a game of rounders. don't forget that this is a dating site and prospective dates might (MIGHT) read what you have to say on this topic. i can't see either side giving in, no matter how inane and stupid the argtument.

therefore, short of deleting the thread, if no one else objects, i suggest moving the argument to the inboxes of the relevant participants, or if no one else has something to post about a heated sports rivalry, i suggest we let the thread die.
 fishernick
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 10:39:23 AM
right now i live in reality. great soccer analogy euros. the difference with soccer is that their talent is spread amongst many leagues. so your hypothetical fantasy world where there are these teams waiting to play the MLB champions is a joke. they do not exist. its simple really, you are delusional. these teams do not exist. the reason they do not exist is because all the best baseball players in the world play for MLB. so you can continue ranting and raving about how they should be playing these imaginary teams that dont exist. we are talking baseball not soccer. try to debate the correct sport here. so maybe you could babble on about soccer to further drive your point home. by the way i think its pretty funny of vlad aka euro#3 to post about how this argument should just die. i wish it would because it makes no sense just like vlads previous posts. so keep on about your hypothetical situations that do not exist about how it should be
 fishernick
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 12:20:24 PM
your anti-american sentiment is overwhelming your capabilties to make an informed decision. i dont even know what the four of you are talking about any longer. soccer, weightlifting, bush and drinking ages in the us. i declare myself world champion of this forum. just like if MLB had played these imaginary teams you speak of i have destroyed you in competition. the difference is that you are not imaginary, just grossly outmatched. theres one of me and four of you and you are not even capable of coming up with a valid argument. churp, churp
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 12:47:48 PM
fishernick, you do have my support. I agree that MLB is the best baseball of the world, I don't think anyone could really intelligently argue that. Too many are upset by the title World Series because the teams in MLB are from many different countries and not from 1 country. They want 1 country to play another country rather than the best of the world randomly placed on 30 different teams playing each other. The tradition of this championship being call the world series has been since 1903(104 almost 105 years). That is too long to change now, besides it is the best of the world just not in the "Olympic or World cup" format. Let's face it the winner of the world series of baseball is the best of the world, CASE CLOSED!
 fishernick
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 6:23:55 PM
you challenge my world champion status well for starters you call yourself a euro but your from australia. you seem geographically challenged. i also think you might want to look into the origins of man. the only real point i need to make though is that you lost the challenge in your first statement. we challenge your world champion status. let me make it a little clearer in case you missed the point. by making that statement you are acknowledging my status as world champion. thank you, game over. oops. your clear thinking seems to have failed you even before you started. silly euros
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2007 12:36:44 PM
Pedro, you are still not understanding. When I said the teams in MLB are from many different countries and not from 1 country I meant just that. You seem to think that MLB has only 2 countries (USA and Canada), that is right for the teams involved but WRONG with the players and their countries they're from. As stated many times MLB players don't just come from USA and Canada, there are also from Cuba, Dominican, Japan and countless others. The other leagues from diffent countries are made of the players who weren't good enough to make the MLB. This is where professional baseball players strive for because of the money(they are highly overpaid), so the other leagues wouldn't compare or compete. That is why its the World series. Do you get it now?
 fishernick
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2007 12:47:52 PM
the problem pedro is that its like a ferrari racing a pinto. yes the ferrari might have some miraculous engine problem that wont allow them finish the race but everyone knows that the ferrari is the better car for sure. to be honest your spainish legue is not worthy of playing against the MLB. the players in the hundreds of leagues you speak of are not talented enough to play in MLB so why does MLB have to go through the motions of playing these inferior leagues to prove their dominance. you can name every league in the world and thats not going to change the fact that currently there is not one of them that even comes close to being competitive. the players in these leagues know they dont have a chance. they know MLB thrones the true world champs. japan has the most advanced league other than MLB and they dont come close to measuring up. there are hundreds if not thousands of leagues around the world the logistics of playing all of them is impossible. MLB is the true world champions of baseball wether you like it or not. they have had that title for over a hundred years and its not going anywhere, wether you like it or not. argue all you want its not gonna change .
 wizardofossington
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/19/2007 1:58:15 PM
My God Pedro, you always have a thing for what the Americans do. What's up with you? The World Champions, so what? There's nobody in the world that would play the champions, so they become......."World Champions". You get mad because we call football "football. You get mad because we call football "soccer".

Did the Americans refuse your citizenship here? Is that why?
 fishernick
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 11:18:31 AM
you think you are waisting your time. where did that come from? could it be the endless rebuttles i provide to every repetitive post you make. running out of soccer analogys that dont make any sense. im starting to think you dont even understand soccer. the world series of baseball is alive and well and all the effort you project towards it is not going to change a thing. can not wait until next year when the next world champ is crowned. i never said anything about the US being the center of the world either, thats your creation
 JJERSEYJOEL
Msg: 175
most heated rivalry in sports? Phila Eagles & Dallas Cowboys
Posted: 12/20/2007 11:43:17 AM
Eagles/Cowboys - does not get worse than this.. if the eagles were 2-14 this season and won both games with the Cowgirls then that would be a winning season .. jersey Joel from ft myers FL originally from Phila/Southern New jersey birdsfansunited.com
 fishernick
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 12:40:07 PM
i dont even begin to confess that i know anything about soccer but here is where i believe you are both wrong. MLB has a monopoly on all the baseball talent around the world. lock, stock and barrel. there is no other league with any talent worth speaking of and if there is the talent will soon be in MLB. in soccer there are many , many leagues. some of those leagues have a great deal of talent but nothing compared to the monopoly MLB has. does soccer have one league that contains 99% of the talent? yes or no. because if soccer does not than all those analogies can be thrown out the window where the rest of your arguments end up. the euros that wont let this issue die could at least bring something new to this debate. thanks for the vote of goodwill towards baseball. your name calling and finger pointing are serving you well.
 fishernick
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:16:19 PM
you already brought the point up before which i summmarily obliterated with logic. japan has 2 seperate leagues, 6 teams each. japan takes MLBs has been and never will bes, from players to coaches. the japenese understand that the MLB is king. they dont need to get annihilated to know they are not the world champs. there is no confusion among baseball savvy players, coaches or fans. MLB crowns the world champs. the only ones confused by this are people who know absolutley nothing about baseball. cubas talent well has pretty much dried up, thats what happens when they have no infrastructure to support it any longer. it does all break down to talent and thanks for not answering my question. once again there are no other leagues waiting to play MLB you keep saying we should do this and that. thats not the reality of it. your arguments are all fantasy and mine are all based in reality.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:29:37 PM
Frankster you asked "where are the Japanese and Cuban teams? If it is a world championship surely they should be allowed to compete." My response to that is they do compete. From Japan Hideki Matsui plays for the NewYork Yankees, Hideo Nomo plays for Tampa Bay and Ichiro Suzuki plays for Seatle.
From Cuba Yumel Escobar plays for Kansas City Royals, Orlando Hernandez plays for the San Fransico Giants. I'm sure I missed many others, but these are the best of their countries. Cuba and Japan do have leagues of their own, but they aren't as high quality and made of players who didn't make the cut in MLB so most likely would NOT win the World Series of baseball. I know in any given game even a weaker team could WIN, but this is a best of 7 series and the stronger team usually wins. I know the title WORLD series is what is bothering you but has been that way since 1903. By the way I am NOT American but I do support them and I don't think they are as arrogant as you make them out to be.
 fishernick
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 1:40:46 PM
you dont make me laugh any longer, as a matter of fact your blindness to any of my words is sickening. you keep mentioning america and stating that we are the best, i never said that. so one more time and everyone is welcome to join in as i sing this song yet again. MLB is a melting pot of players from all over the world, all the best players as a matter of fact. MLB is not an american product any longer it is a worldwide product with worldwide participants, hence it truly crowns the world champion. churp, churp euro. can not wait to see which of your three arguments you will come back with
 fishernick
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:22:55 PM
so yank mutt, keep woofin. you are a true gentleman. so i see it was argument number 2 that you choose this time, good one. last i checked it was called the world series not domestic championship. your arguments are not even reality. if you actually read my points you would see they are not flawed. i have provided sufficient evidance that anyone of an average intelligence quotient would have recognized by now. world championship does equal world championship, like it or not.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 2:31:54 PM
frankster you yourself said that great players spread out over one league doesn't make a world championship, it just means a good league. If the teams from this "good league" are made of the best players from ALL over the WORLD it means they are the best of the world. NOT that hard to comprehend. Finito la musica!!
 fishernick
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 1:52:46 PM
you hope i understand, no sorry i dont. surprise surprise. what is this only on paper argument you think holds so much water. you are so clueless pedro, its the reality of MLB, it has the best players on paper and in reality every baseball fan knows this. my only mistake has been attempting to educate you on a subject that you clearly cannot fathom my antaganistic european parasite. the world series is still alive and well and you can not do anything to change it. give me all the fantasy scenarios you can come up with (all 3 of em) and i will have a little laugh at your desperation and frustration. god hail the world series.
 irishgit
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:03:08 PM
[since MLB is just a league, the winner should face firstly the best baseball team of South America to be the best baseball team of The Americas, then if your MLB winner is able to defeat the South American champion it must face the best of Europe, Africa and Asia (i mean a league champions' world championship).

IT IS THE ONLY FAIR AND REAL WAY TO BE A GREAT WORLD CHAMPION]

The real problem with this particular fantasy is that if it ever happened the game would likely never end. I doubt that champions of these other leagues could get 24 or 27 outs against the MLB world series winner. In fact, its an open question whether they could get out of the first inning.
 fishernick
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:16:29 PM
we would have to invoke a hundred run mercy rule. its 27 outs. the funniest part of that statement you pasted is the" if the mlb winner was able to beat the south american champion " if get a clue. the logistics of the whole fantasy scenario would never work and it would be such a joke if it did happen. it would be one of the most embrassing sporting events to ever take place. sports are supposed to be about competition not overwhelming domination.

pros do not play in most sports in the olympics but they do play in some
 irishgit
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:28:45 PM
[/....common sense would tell you that NO college team could beat ANY nfl team...its just common sense....]

There used to be something called the Chicago Charities College All-Star Game preseason American football game played annually (except in 1974) from 1934 to 1976 between the National Football League champions and a team of star college seniors from the previous year.

In the 1940s, the games were competitive affairs that attracted large crowds to Soldier Field. But as the talent level of pro football improved, the all-stars had diminishing success. The last all-star win came in 1963, when a team coached by legendary quarterback Otto Graham beat Vince Lombardi's Green Bay Packers, 20-17.

All time standings

College all stars 9
NFL Champs 32
One Tie.

Pretty much proves eman's point.
 irishgit
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:30:52 PM
[/quotewe would have to invoke a hundred run mercy rule]