Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Dating an amputee      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sugarysweet26
Msg: 26
Dating an amputeePage 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Sure I would whats that matter anyway, if a person is what you are looking for its kind of shallow to judge on that...Plus who knows you could be like that in the future, think how you would want treated
 Bellatrix
Msg: 27
Dating an amputee
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:17:40 AM
I have a younger cousin that was born with a hand deformity, my aunt lost both of her breasts to cancer and I once dated a guy that was missing some of his toes.

To balk at someone just cause they are not "whole" is shallow and disgusting. They are not any less of a person cause of their disability, it's the people that pass judgement on them that are!

Would I date someone that wasn't "whole"? I have and would again in a heartbeat! Love is love!!
 sparticuss
Msg: 28
Dating an amputee
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:28:15 AM
I can only think of one time that you couldn't date an amputee.

When you look at them and see a pathetic creature, to be pitied, to feel sorry for. Somebody that you date as a favour, and not becasue you enjoy dating them.

Relationships depend of the twon cornerstones of love and respect and sympathy/pity still remains the sweetest for of contempt that you can show towards somebody.
 briahun
Msg: 29
Dating an amputee
Posted: 7/16/2007 6:14:21 PM
Yes,I would definatley date a woman who was missing a part of her body.I also would be open to spending the rest of my life with her.I have dated an amputee and we still talk.To me I think it is a very special quality,and I would be so priviledged to find such a woman!!! briahun
 hudson1
Msg: 30
Dating an amputee
Posted: 9/25/2007 3:45:59 PM
YES THE ARE DATABLE I KNOW FOR A FACT WAS WITH ONE FOR SEVENTEEN YEARS LOST HIS LEG BUT HE DIDNT ANY THING ELSE IT ALL WORKED FINE IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN
 GrayBoston
Msg: 31
Dating an amputee
Posted: 10/19/2007 7:50:34 AM
I for one think that amputees are particularly beautiful and sexy. Starting with my first gf in seventh grade, all but two of my relationships in my life have been with women who were amputees or otherwise physically different. I find women who are physically different much more attractive and sexy than other women, though how someone looks is only one part of the chemistry of a relationship. Yeah, I seem to be wired a little differently, but there is room in this wide world for different aesthetics and ways of seeing.

In general I would say that they were all strong, capable, and intelligent women. The term "disability" hardly seems relevant, as they were all perfectly able to do what they wanted to do in the world.

-Gray
 sfagirl84
Msg: 32
Dating an amputee
Posted: 10/19/2007 1:04:31 PM
I did date one. My ex got his leg amputated after and oil rig accident. He was on the ground, and when he looked up, a pile of metal pipes came tiering down on him, and crushed his leg. It didnt' matter to me, and when we first started dating, I had no idea. He walked like a normal person, and one day he pulled his pant leg up, and showed me. I will admit it creeped me out at first, but I soon got used to it. He was very insecure about it. He never wore shorts in public, or went swimming. He avoided activities, that maybe required him to expose it.

I do remember one day, when he was chasing his son, in the house, he was trying to catch him to spank him. I was watching him run after him, and before I knew it, his prostetic popped off, and he hit the floor face first. I felt soo bad, I knew he was embarrased, so I ran and picked him off the ground, dusted him off, and told him how much I loved him. He just looked at me..........

Although, I disagree that people with disabilities, love more or give mor towards a relationship. He wasn't and didn't.
 Special_J
Msg: 33
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/17/2008 10:22:36 PM
Yay I'm datable woot woot!
 DrunkyMcDrunk
Msg: 34
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:01:04 AM
I'd love to have a chic with no arms or legs.
Then I could carry her around in a duffle bag and use her as I need.

go for a quick bathroom break, and I could just whip out my "b.i.t.c.h. in a bag" (copyright 2008) for a quick blow or ****, then pack her back up and be on my way.
 pro rege
Msg: 35
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:06:23 AM
In a heart beat. If they have had to live through the trauma of dealing with amputation they know hardship. Hardship builds character and character is hot.
 oWildBillo
Msg: 36
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/19/2008 6:54:14 AM
Yes you are correct it builds character! Would I date and amputee? I do every time I go out alone. I am a right leg BKA. It is an unfortunate thing but certainly not the end of the world. Previously I have been afraid of heights now I can use the balance thing for stuff I didn't want to do. I have a fairly good gait so it is hard to tell that I am an amputee. It's all in the prosthetic. Yes, I would date someone who has a disability. There is a great difference between having a disability and being disabled!!!!!
 Harry Peter
Msg: 37
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/19/2008 7:27:31 AM
I've dated women without brains before.
 GrayBoston
Msg: 38
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/28/2008 7:28:38 AM
I suspect that the previous poster has dated many women who would say that they have experience dating men without kindness and sensitivity.
 Fun FL girl
Msg: 39
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:07:30 AM
I was married to one for 12 years - what an experience that was. He started out showing his independence and it all went down hill from there. I guess we really werent meant for each other.

artstar
Msg: 40
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:58:36 AM
I dated someone for a long while who was confined to a wheelchair. He was technically a quadropolegic...not being able to move most of his arms and nothing from the waist down.
It was a great experience and we are still great friends till this day. It was just like any other relationship...except when it came to sex really. I mean I helped him a lot with things he needed to do...like cutting his food for him...giving him a drink...and yes even helping him to go to the bathroom. But I loved him and would've done anything he needed help with. I still love him ( as a really good friend) and I still help him as much as I can.

oh yea and ps:
eventhough he could never "penetrate" we had sex often. We supplemented with oral, experimented with touch and kissing different parts of the body ( mainly for him) that would give him the sensation of pleasure as if having an orgasm. And he was absolutely the best I've ever had at oral! hehehe he definately made up for no penetration with the oral attention he gave to me.
I wouldn't discriminate against dating another someone in a wheelchair or anything...when it comes down to it it's all about who the person is and how they treat you.
 Joker_CA
Msg: 41
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/29/2008 9:53:16 AM
It's never really been an "issue" in my family, my brother had his leg amputated as a 6 year old boy. He's a very nice looking guy and really has had no problems dating throughout his life. He's been married for awhile now and his artificial leg has never been an obstacle.

Would I date someone without a leg or arm? Well, I wouldn't treat them any different than anyother woman, the chemistry is either there or not.
 MissPriss
Msg: 42
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/29/2008 10:13:24 AM
i have dated a double amputee. he had stepped on a landmine during the bosnian war, was transported to Germany, then the US for medical treatments.

when i met him, i did not know he was an amputee because he always wore prosthetics out in public. he told me as soon as i asked him to dance. and we still danced.
it was quite unnerving the first time i saw him without prosthetics, i will admit. however, he was totally self-sufficient, intelligent, and impressed me in many ways. not to mention, he was really cute! he he

from my experience, i believe he was one of the most wonderful men i could have been in a relationship with at that point in my life.
 that sam i am
Msg: 43
Dating an amputee
Posted: 1/29/2008 11:32:00 AM
Reminds me of this joke:

Two men camping in the mountains had spent four days together, and they were
getting a little testy. One morning, the first friend says, "You know, we're
starting to get on each other's nerves. Why don't we split up today.

I'll hike north and spend the day looking around, you hike south and spend
the day. Then tonight, we'll have dinner and share our experiences over the
campfire." The second friend agrees and hikes south. The first man hikes
north.

That night over dinner, the first man tells his story.

"Today I hiked into a beautiful valley. I followed a stream up into a canyon
and ate lunch. Then I swam in a crystal clear mountain lake. As I sat out
and dried, I watched deer come and drink from the stream. The wildflowers
were filled with butterflies and hawks floated all day overhead. How was
your day?"

The second friend says, "I went south and ran across a set of railroad
tracks. I followed them until I came across a beautiful young woman tied to
the tracks. I cut the ropes off, gently lifted her off the tracks and we had
sex in every imaginable way all afternoon. Finally, when I was so tired I
could barely move, I came back to camp."

"Wow!!" the first guy exclaimed, "Your day was MUCH better than mine. Did
you get a blow job, too?"

"Nah," says the second friend over his meal, "I couldn't find her head."
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 44
Dating an amputee
Posted: 2/1/2008 5:12:30 AM
I don't think I could begin dating someone like that, I'd have trouble finding myself physically attracted to them. The funny thing is though that if it happend by some freak accident later after marriage I doubt I'd leave them or divorce them, however bedroom shenanigans might take a dive because I can't tell a lie, it's hard to wanna get your hands on someone with uh.. no hands.

Oh man and I just wanna say to that joke, it was funny but hella gross haha. ugh...
 Biondo
Msg: 45
Dating an amputee
Posted: 2/1/2008 7:05:37 AM
Gee!!!!!!! Is this a real question? If something were to happen to you, would your mindset be the same? If I were you, I would hope that Karma was a fictional word.
 Biondo
Msg: 46
Dating an amputee
Posted: 2/1/2008 7:08:17 AM
WHAT A GREAT OUTLOOK! i RAISE MY CUP TO YOU ARTSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 sugar*spice
Msg: 47
Dating an amputee
Posted: 2/1/2008 7:22:06 AM
i couldnt,just like i wouldnt be able to date a midget,im not afraid to admit it,i agree with explosive sheep,maybe after i was with them i could still date them but not from the get go
 PS_LovelyLady
Msg: 48
Dating an amputee
Posted: 2/7/2008 6:24:30 PM
I have just met a man that is an amputee on one leg below the knee. He told me as soon as we met but he stole my heart just with his personality and enthusiasim of life. I am looking forward to dating this man and learning more about him.
I am really sorry for the rest of you that are narrow minded and shallow.
 GrayBoston
Msg: 49
Dating an amputee
Posted: 2/7/2008 8:51:47 PM
That's great, Lovely. I wish you the best in your budding relationship.

-Gray
 PS_LovelyLady
Msg: 50
Dating an amputee
Posted: 2/9/2008 9:31:25 PM
Thanks GrayBoston, I need a little support right now. I just left a brief relationship that has left me very afraid of being with anyone else. But this man has such a wonderful outlook on life. And being a very successful business man even with his disablity is such a great inspiration.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Dating an amputee