Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 2
Twice her age?!Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I don't think there is anything morally wrong with it.
 rings
Msg: 8
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/15/2006 8:11:56 PM
age is just a number,once your of age.......
 canadianredneck
Msg: 10
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:11:59 PM
In the last year I lost both my brother inlaw and my sister inlaw. Both from heart attacks and in their mid 40's. I wouldn't let age hold you back. Who knows how long we get? If you find someone who makes you happy, go for it. my 2 cents worth
 vancouver40
Msg: 15
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:56:14 PM
i don't think there's anything wrong wih dating someone twice your age.... but by my math he's more than twice her age by a year and that's just plain disgusting ;-)
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 16
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:59:46 PM
Having married a lady some 18+ years younger and spending 19 great (well 17 great and 2 with some tumult) years together and two great kids I would say that you have to go with what you feel is right for YOU and don't listen to the naysayers.
I may be a single dad now (not planned) but my life is full and I would not trade the past as it is what makes me, ME.

So....Follow your heart!
 Dunkk
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/15/2006 11:06:59 PM
25 to 13 is a bit extreme

but 25 to 50 just seems odd to dont it? BUT if they seem to connect and are happy let it happen whats the worst that can happen they find out they aint compatable and move on? or live life wondering what if?

just my 2 cents
 trophyboyfriend
Msg: 26
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/15/2006 11:41:39 PM
Absolutely it's wrong. A 59 year old man dating a 29 year old woman is just dumb. Personally, when I turn into a 59 year old trophy geezer, I won't date anyone over the age of 25. And that's pushing it. I'd much rather she be in the 19 - 21 range, but I'll stretch it to 25. But that's it.

SHE'S TOO OLD.
 sussex28
Msg: 34
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/19/2006 2:11:33 AM
Its not great for her soul mate who will be around 29 unless he enjoys dating 59 yr old women.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 36
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/19/2006 3:42:08 PM
what could she possibly have in common with someone that age?

a love of Matlock? a near-addiction to Geritol? a propensity to soil oneself?

seriously, unless she enjoys complaining about how her joints ache, talking about the time she had the orderly change her diaper with the really big poo in it, or watching reruns of Golden Girls, this is going to be a very short-lived fling.

let me guess...he's fairly well off, right? there's only three reasons you see a woman (or a man) hanging on the arm of an old person...

1) relative.
2) gold digger.
3) orderly in a nursing home.

ah well...to each their own i suppose.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 37
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/20/2006 3:58:38 PM

let me guess...he's fairly well off, right? there's only three reasons you see a woman (or a man) hanging on the arm of an old person...

1) relative.
2) gold digger.
3) orderly in a nursing home.

says it all
 who_the_fox
Msg: 40
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:10:32 PM
Well, I still have no interest in a man who is 25....but then I have yet to be interested in one 59 either. It is all about COMMON INTERESTS, isn't it?

And the rate I am going....am looking at the "geritol stage" about time for my 100th birthday

myfairmaiden
Msg: 42
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:51:56 AM
I think twice her age is excessive. What are you gonna have in common? He'll be wearing Arnold Palmer runners and she'll be wearing flip flops. People will think he's your Dad! He'll be reminiscing about the good old days with your folks. I don't think a guy who's 58-65 is going to have the same sex drive as a woman in her 30s. That's not to say that's all there is when you are in a relationship but it is a factor. Mind you there is always the odd ball case where it could work out. My verdict: Double is trouble!!
 ~CARL LINGUS69~
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/18/2008 2:03:28 PM
Funnyand sweet thats not what you told me when were mixing the yogart the other nite and those sex toys ,oh oh in the bedside cabinet also the oven still needs cleaning out again.
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 52
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/21/2008 8:22:50 PM
I have to call BS on all the comments "against" two people, above the age of consent, who decide to spend their time together.

Most people, once they meet someone they truely like and love will do what is right for them and more power to them!

For those that want to comment in the negative, first walk a mile in their shoes, then comment!
 ~CARL LINGUS69~
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/21/2008 8:29:21 PM
F&S48 thats why you gave me the cold shoulder because i'm the older guy and i'm not going anywhere yet and i come with a guarantee that i'm not going first ,if you change your mind i;m still around.
 sweetlifenow1
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/22/2008 8:56:32 PM
It's not morally wrong, but just thinking about the wrinkles might make a difference....If she can work through that, then what is the problem. If she can get along with his kids (grown children with kids of their own) then good for her. If she can accept being called either Dad's new play toy or grandma, then good for her... Who are you to judge!!!! Go girl....
 Xavery
Msg: 61
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/23/2008 7:28:01 PM
^I strongly agree tempatation50.
 grimwurks
Msg: 62
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/23/2008 7:38:35 PM
My two cents . . . I have a friend who is living with a guy older than her father . . . it seems to be working for her, but he treats her like a possession. But not my place to say anything, she is happy. That's all that matters . . .
 Walts
Msg: 65
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/24/2008 6:07:52 AM
Right now I'll assume he's catering to his ego.

Ummmm, you would be surprised that some of the time it has very little to do with "his"ego or anything else of "his" doing. You would also be surprised what sometimes goes thru those young girls' heads. I could tell you some personal stories of "offers" that I have had from the young ones that even made my head spin.
I personally don't think I could do it. Then again I enjoy conversation,,,,somewhat intelligent conversation that is. And THAT is hard enough to find with "some" of the women in and around my age ,,,,let alone the ones that are still learning what some of their body parts can be used for.
 Xavery
Msg: 71
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/24/2008 7:33:24 PM
Bonnie B - LOL - with respect to Walts.

I have been thinking about it and I have figured out what they talk about.

Him: Why is everyone talking about the age difference between us?
Her: Why is everyone talking about the age difference between us?
Him: Why is everyone talking about the age difference between us?

Her: My friend even created a thread on POF for people to discuss it.
Him: They will never understand. You are so much wiser and smarter (not to mention beautiful, he thinks) than any woman my age. We are soul mates.
Her: I have read the posts. They don't understand. You are so young at heart. Most of the men my age are so childish and yet old at the same time. (Plus you have way more money, she thinks.) We are soul mates.
Him: Yes, yes, yes. Wait a second. What are you doing on POF?
Her: I am just there for the forums. ( Looking for someone richer than you - you idiot, she thinks.)

"And the world spins madly on."
 tick tock
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Twice her age?!
Posted: 2/24/2008 7:42:25 PM
Everything should be ok now that she is 31 and he is 61.

When I was two, I had a crush on a girl half my age.... it didn't work out, peer pressure.

I suggest doing it without your peer on top of you. Oh well, whatever floats your boat...
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >