Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > I gotta know. What possesses a man to dress up like a cowboy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheBurningMan
Msg: 76
I gotta know. What possesses a man to dress up like a cowboy?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I live pretty rural. Horses are a way of life here, I own a few and pretty much everyone I know owns some. They range from work animals, recreation, to primary income sources. That being said, even in "Horse Country" these guys wearing the Stetson hats with the Giant belt buckles give me a laugh.

Most everyone I know is jeans, boots, t-shirt (sometimes a button up shirt)... For horse shows or such they *have* to dress up (either english or western). I understand this. But when I see a pair of guys walking down the mall with the 10 gallon cowboy hat, Big ass rodeo belt buckle, with spurs on their boots... I generally think "Village People" or "Brokeback Mountain."

But, it doesn't hurt me either way. :)
I'm positive I look like an idiot in my straightjacket, or clown get up, or on my stilts too

TBM
 pesiboy
Msg: 77
I gotta know. What possesses a man to dress up like a cowboy?
Posted: 6/1/2006 1:01:10 AM
op I think you right in the bedroom it good but on a date is a no no.
 yna6
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/1/2006 5:08:40 AM
Maybe the feeling of freedom while wearing chaps with no pants?
 Tonys Journey
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2006 7:15:21 AM
Working Girl,maybe they are the real thing.As another poster pointed out its easy to pick.
 BarnBabe
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/1/2006 8:17:13 AM
Around where I live there are three types of people:

1 Cowboys/Cowgirls
2 Harley Riders
3 Bicyclists (which are again divided into mountain bikers vs street bikers)

I am in the cowgirl group myself, and find myself actually attracted to the cowboy look. The hats, the easy going attitude.. the tight jeans... ::shivers::
 mike919293949596
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/2/2006 8:22:54 AM
Maybe he has neighbors that dress like Indians . Better hide his whiskey .
 suddenly
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/2/2006 12:12:09 PM
Brokeback baby

It's the new groovy way to show they are in touch with thier feminine side...

I'm kidding..who are we to judge others on how they dress..fick it's 2006 ..wear whatever the hell you want...doesnt change your personality...

As hard as it is at times to not make fun of people...I bet for every one person we laugh at, 100 are laughing at us for something...

Remember..karma baby karma
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/2/2006 6:52:22 PM
People are just fascinated with the Old West. It's been romanticized so much in our culture. Guys like the idea of being outlaws, settling things at high noon, riding off into the sunset.

Personally, I wouldn't have wanted to be alive in that time and place.
 kimoboy_001
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2006 4:20:57 PM
spincycle nice comeback, there are different types of spurs, pending the job ur doing, and on a big rig yea u can wear spurs, even in a pick up.
I don't consider myself a real cowboy wish I was, but I do have the boots, the wrangler jeans, and the spurs, and don't forget the hat, when I go to ride my horse. i've even worked on the farms. A real cowboy, are few and in between, there should be more.
 mike919293949596
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/3/2006 9:42:57 PM
Doesn't that hat want too blow off when you ride fast ?
 mike9
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/3/2006 11:19:19 PM
not half as bad as dudes walking around with hats on sideways, pants falling off their ass, and talking ebonics in realistic conversation. thats just how i look at it. seems like everybody in hip hop culture thinks they can battle rap, get by in life making sorry demo tapes, and imagine that they have "all da hoes". whats more is that little girls are stupid enough to fall for it because they see good looking women, who would compromise every other woman's sexuality via the big screen, for a buck in their garter strap. pathetic. but hey, "its all goot in da heezie", "fo sheezie my neezie." oh yeah, my favorite quote.......this is by two of oakland's finest appearing on the oakland nightly news as "bub rub" and "little sis". this is also how i will end this ..............."woot, woot!"...........a fine crop indeed.
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/4/2006 5:03:44 AM
If they're from a state where it's natural to dress like that...nothing wrong with it at all...Like GEORGIA for instance.....The look is natural and sexy. If they're from Ct. where i live , if i see one dressed like a cowboy i do have to ask..Where are you from! There are farms here but not like in the south. Here you'll see them in the jeans and boots and yes..some are sexy but when you get the dufus who thinks you should wear cowboy boots and sky blue polyester pants two inches too short ......well those are the ones i am embarassed for!
 notaquinas
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/4/2006 4:52:22 PM
I grew up in between Michigan and Missouri. I have worn western clothing my entire life and failed to change when I moved here to Connecticut in 1986. The hat is functional. Try one in the rain or, if you have a tendency to skin cancer. The boots actually are quite comfortable and I wouldn't trade them for much except bare feet. The rest? It's all comfortable and usually functional if you think about it.
 sugarcube211
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/4/2006 5:39:34 PM
What possesses a man to dress up like a cowboy? Well, in these here parts.. it'd be the Merritt Mountain Music Festival. Every summer.. like clockwork.. or like a plague of locusts set loose on an African village... men and women alike from far and wide get all dolled up in their brand new Wranglers and ten-gallons, camping and boozing till the cows come home... or in this case, till they've scared them all away.
 firemystic
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/7/2006 5:48:05 PM
Yah no not everyone who is in the city has lived there all there lifes. I where my hat and duster because they are comfortable. I've been wearing them since I was about 14(that's almost 12 years now). I was raised in a small town. Not saying I am a cowboy just saying some of us like the style. I do not tell people how to dress and the way I reckon nor should anyone else. So if anyone should feel embarrased it is one who is embarrased for the way others look.
 GhostDancer
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/7/2006 6:12:45 PM
I grew up in cowboy country, the look is the norm for me. Walking through a crowded, big city mall and seeing a guy in Wranglers and a western belt buckle is a little slice of home for me. It's not at all an uncomfortable style, either, which is a big draw for a lot of guys.
 edmguy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2006 6:32:35 PM
Obviously all the real cowboys or ranchers.. or ranch hands.. or people who have anything to do with farming or the handling of livestock or ranching. the op wasnt refering to you. It was in reference to the people who have NO NEED to dress as such and never did in the past. And sure.. everyone has a right to dress how ever they want.. Others also have a right to laugh at them.
 Mustang065
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/7/2006 6:34:38 PM
Save a Mustang^^^^
 Mustang065
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/8/2006 4:24:10 AM
And for 1000.00 Alex "What is a cowgirl?"
 nipoleon
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2006 4:34:19 AM
It's not nearly as silly as dressing up like an Indian.
Ever seen a white guy walking around in a "Tonto " outfit ?
 cowgirl2005
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/9/2006 10:00:15 PM
I loooooooooovveeeee cowboys....
But some guys, lets just face it, arent meant to be cowboys !!!
 Profilename
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/10/2006 1:32:01 AM

It's not nearly as silly as dressing up like an Indian.
Ever seen a white guy walking around in a "Tonto " outfit ?

And just when it was getting safe to think thnat The Village People were dead

On topic: It's probably the same reason people choose to dress like Hell's Angels when they don't own or ride a motorcycle.
 allh2h
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/10/2006 2:14:15 AM
Most that are seen are actually cowboys and that is there everyday dress, the others are just wanna bees. Living in redneck country myself I cant wait till I see a true cowboy again *sigh* do miss them. Grew up in cowboy country myself and the wanna bees and rednecks are cute but....well they dont have that spirit that a cowboy does inside, the manners, the kindness....yes ....

now all y'all women sing along with me that love those cowboys....
Cause I saddle up my horse
and I ride into the city
I make a lot of noise
Cause the girls
They are so pretty
Riding up and down Broadway
on my old stud Leroy
And the girls say
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.
Everybody says
Save a horse, Ride a cowboy

And to the OP when she crawls her azz back in here, there was no need to be so degrading to someone for there dress. That was soo rude. Kudos to the guy that made the comment that he did not think all women who wore skirts and heals were sluts....same theory sweet cheaks!
 atlanticshorez
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/10/2006 3:30:53 AM
I don't know why OP. Perhaps they've just seen the old movie Parenthood again, and thought that look was shhhexy.
 nipoleon
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 3:51:49 AM
I can tell by your outfit, that you are a cowboy....
You can tell by my outfit, that I am one too.
You can tell by our outfits, that we are both cowboys.....
And if you get an outfit, you can be a cowboy too.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > I gotta know. What possesses a man to dress up like a cowboy?